Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill
134 West Pierpont Ave
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.christophersutah.com/
- Phone: (801) 519-8515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Available for private parties, weddings and business meetings. Call for details
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonomini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer a variety of on and off-site catering options for all occasions. Please contact Melissa Hofhine at 801-519-8515 for further details.
- Special Events: Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill has played host to over 3,000 events since 1995; weddings, corporate events, private dinners, business meetings and working breakfasts. We can accommodate up to 300 guests. Please Call Melissa Hofhine 801-519-8515
- Cross Street: 260 S. 150 W.
- Public Transit: UTA trax stops just a few blocks from the restaurant. Get off at Gallivan Station ( 250 S. Main St.).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Public Pay lots and metered street parking is available . We also offer Valet services from 5 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill
Locally owned and operated, Christopher's is the Recipient of the prestigious “Best of State” award and the “People’s Choice” designation from opentable.com, with an “Excellent” rating from Zagat; Christopher’s Prime Steak House has been a fixture in the Salt Lake City dining scene since 1995. We’ve built our reputation on the belief that the finest ingredients yield the finest dishes; 21-day aged USDA Prime beef and the Freshest Seafood Flown in Daily from around the world and Organic Locally Sourced Produce, are the building blocks of our award winning menus. From our mouth watering hand-cut USDA Prime Filet Mignon to our Giant Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs, Christopher’s is sure to please any palate. We offer an extensive Wine list and full Liquor bar. For the budget conscious, check out our famous 3 course early evening specials starting at $15.99.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (49)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (19)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Nice Quiet Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The food was very good and the service was wonderful. It was nice to be able to enjoy a nice quiet dinner without a lot of noise! The only thing I thought was odd was when the entre was served it was just the "meat" on the big white plate nothing else. It just looked really lonely-I would suggest that they add potatoes/vegies or put the meat on a smaller plate. (potatoes/vegies are pretty inexpensive for the restaurant and would certainly dress the plate up a little) Other wise it was good/but a little priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We went to Christopher's for my birthday and had a great experience. Every staff member who helped us wished me a happy birthday. The server was awesome, not pushy or demanding. Let us take our time to decide on the menu. Very quick on refilling our drinks. Professional and punctual. My husband and I ordered the Rib-eye, mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms. Everything was exceptional. Best steak I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked steak, pricing an issueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014I am not incredibly particular with my steak choices and my steak was very good. However, it was clearly over cooked. Not something I would normally complain about but for the price that was paid I would expect better. As with most high end steakhouses although the food quality was good it still did not warrant the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Our server was great, the food was good, but management wasn't very helpful and downright rude. I don't know if we'll be going back.
- Quiet Romantic AmbianceDisappointedDined on 10/31/2014We dined at Christopher's 0n 10/31. I had a ($35) Living Social voucher for $70 worth of dining. The ambiance is wonderful and the service was excellent. I have to say that my husband and I were a little disappointed in the food. We both ordered the NY Strips, with one side and a salad. We were each given one roll. The salad, roll and sides were good. Our steaks had so much gristle running through them that you could not get one bite without some. They were cooked correctly and the flavor was good but not exceptional. For the price they charge, it should have been exceptional. It was a nice change of scenery but we will not be returning any time soon. After using the $70 voucher our bill with 20% tip was still almost $100.Special Features:
- Always goodsheff511Dined on 10/29/2014We were pleased as usual with the food and service. It remains one of our favorite places to eat and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the quality.MeatAndPotatoesGuyVIPDined on 10/27/2014While our steaks were tasty, they were not of the caliber I'm accustomed to for food in this price range. The same could be said for the appetizers, side dishes and desserts. Service was adequate but not particularly impressive. Lovely decor. Perfect for a steakhouse. In total, I much prefer the food at Ruth Chris and Flemings.Special Features:
- A lovely anniversary celebration!VoltzDined on 10/26/2014It had been years since I dined at Christopher's, and this was my first time in their new digs. The room is gorgeous! And it's a huge improvement over the old location in the Peery Hotel. Everything was spot-on once we made it inside the front doors. Both the hostess and our server were personable and totally on top of their game. One important tip: DO NOT head down the stairs just past the sign pointing to the front. We did, and got to walk past a sleeping homeless dude before coming upon a locked door. The entrance is street-level, and on the west side of the building.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Over all the food was very good. The only thing that wasn't so great was that we waited at the door for 15 minutes and no one greeted us and no one seated us. We did have a reservation and showed up 15 minutes early. But we finally had to walk around to get someones attention to seat us. If I am going to pay $50 a plate for food I expect the service to be as top of the line as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty decent date nightliketoeatDined on 10/24/2014We came in for a much needed date night last Friday. Restaurant was very nice, elegant, felt like we had a little privacy though it was just a regular table (had to be moved due to cold air blowing right on me). Cost a little over $100 for an appetizer, two small steaks and two sides. My food, chipotle steak shoulder and mashed potatoes was really good. The pork belly and grits appetizer was superb. My husbands new your strip was really fatty, could only eat about half of it, and not very good at all! The asparagus was cooked perfectly. The piano guy played pretty decent and was enjoyable until he started singing with the songs he played. Then we were praying that he would take a break because that was torture. Overall very nice restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice for special occasionsNjoyLifeDined on 10/24/2014Friendly and great service. Food choices good. Everything good with exception that steak was ordered medium and came to table rareMy fault. Should have sent it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Horrible ServicememilydDined on 10/17/2014The food was divine. Too bad it took about 50 minutes before we even received our appetizer and another half hour after that before we got our main courses (we came in at 8 pm and left the restaurant at 10 pm!). On top of that our server wasn't very friendly. Two of the people I was dining with opted to share the Prix Fixe meal, but our server neglected to tell us that sharing meals was against their policy and that they'd be charging an additional $10 if they did. We didn't find that out until the bill came. When we asked the waiter about it he was rude and acted like we were making a big deal when we were just curious what the charge was for. I really loved both things I ate, but I doubt I'll be returning.Special Features:
- As good as usualsheff511Dined on 10/17/2014The food was up to Christopher's usual standard, which is excellent. We will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special dinner before the theatre1maddogDined on 10/13/2014Great restaurant near several theatres in downtown Salt Lake City. Food was outstanding, service was very good. Pricing was as expected for a high end steak house. Great ambiance (nice jazz background music).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The service was excellent. a wonderful place to go for a romantic night out or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSkakanakaDined on 10/10/2014Extremely accommodating staff. In my reservation I mentioned it was the first night of our honeymoon, and they went out of their way to give us a secluded table, an even a complimentary dessert. Food was excellent, original, and high quality. Great service, will definitely patronize them again.Special Features:
- Great food, service at ChristophersShainGDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I went there Saturday evening, reservation for 6 p.m., and the place wasn't that busy from where we were sitting. Another side of the restaurant was filled with patrons, so I assume we were placed in a quiet area to celebrate our special occasion. Our waitress was kind and answered all our questions regarding the menu. She mentioned the special from the beginning, which was what I ordered. The wine menu is excellent for the types of food they serve, although I didn't order any. We weren't interrupted much throughout our dinner, other than to refill drinks. We both enjoyed the food, which was well-cooked, and the ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Early dinner special is a great deal and if you like mushrooms?? You have to try the stuffed mushroom appitizer! Amazing flavor :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service was offAdamVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was decent though not overwhelmingly wonderful. The service seemed to be having an off night. I had to ask for silverware on two occasions after having it cleared. Not a big deal, but when you pay a premium for a meal, there is an expectation of excellent service. The two did not match this time. We waited longer than typical for our cocktails as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014When we travel we always try to eat somewhere we can't eat at home. This was a tremendous experience. The food was excellent...the staff very attentive....and we came away happy. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Won't be returningNCRoadWarriorDined on 9/26/2014We were looking for a nice place to celebrate my a birthday. The interior decor of the restaurant is very nice. Unfortunately, the A/C vents are above the tables which are located along the wall which made it uncomfortable (the party next to us had to be relocated). And the presence of fruit flies was annoying. They did try to accommodate gluten & dairy allergies. But, for the price, the food was nothing special (the seared ahi tuna was OK, the scallops were undercooked and the halibut was dry and lacking flavor). The best item was the brussel sprouts. The service was very disappointing. As far as I could tell, our waiter was only serving two parties while were were they. He was not very attentive nor visible. We won't be returning.
- Sophisticated diningKrazykayDined on 9/25/2014Went here for my birthday. Very nice ambiance, fabulous menu. Desserts were divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing handling of foodDesidinerDined on 9/22/2014All good items were transformed and the Brussels sprouts on the sides was out of the worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 9/19/2014We waited about 5~7 min to be greeted by our waiter. And our food took a long time as well.Special Features:
- Rude WaitressTCSLCDined on 9/18/2014Saw this restaurant being featured in the Dineoround and decide to take my brother and his wife here for their first time. My partner and I have had good experiences here in the past for anniversaries/Valentine's day which made this experience very odd. Because a couple of us were going to try the $15 dineoround deal, we were told to leave the table we had been seated at and that had already been prepared (with menu showing the $15 deal), and go to the outside patio (and was asked to grab our waters and menus as well to take outside). Apparently that deal is for outside or bar seating only. We left for the patio with the inside's staff and other guests staring at us which as one would imagine was uncomfortable.
- Great Local SteakhouseJohnVIPDined on 9/15/2014Salt Lake appears to enjoy their steakhouses, but many of them are inexpensive chains...they do have some nice high end chains such as Ruth Chris, but what I like about Christopher's is it's a locally owned and operated steakhouse in a beautiful old building downtown SLC. The service was excellent, ask for Seth. The food was good and the steak was cooked to perfection. It was medium rare, yet had no blood and was as tender as any steak I've had. Excellent quality. If trying to decide on a steak house in SLC, pick this one, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner!BillncindyDined on 9/14/2014Great dining choice for myself and two friends during Dine O Round. We all ordered the lobster crowned filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. It came with the lettuce wedge and parmesian mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious and the service was great. I had the creme brûlée for desert and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningmiataxDined on 9/14/2014I am not a paid reviewer. My wife and I are from California and were visiting Salt Lake City for an anniversary when we went to Christopher's for an early dinner. The experience was wonderful. I was awed by the interior design of the establishment. The food was outstanding as was the service. We shared the early three-course dinner and the cost was less than $30.00. We could not have had a better dinner if we had paid four times that amount. We ordered our filet medium rare, and it arrived more on the rare side, but it turned out to be perfect. We highly recommend Christopher's if you want good food at a reasonable price and an early (prior to 6:00 pm) dinner.Special Features:
- cold steakcoldDined on 9/13/2014so i went to christophes on a sat. night thinking the steaks and services with be upto par with Ruth Chris steak.... WRONG.. the steaks were cold had to send them back the sides were cold (did not send them back) the service was ok, not the best or what you would expect from this kind of restaurant.. so after a 300 dollar dinner ... i would not recommend christophers at all ... I think if they want to stay in play with the other steak house they better look re-map their game plan.
- Expensive and darkMarcandMayVIPDined on 9/13/2014They weren't ready for us when we arrived for our reservation even though I included a note that my parents were in their 90's, in fact it was my Mother's 92nd Birthday. Everything is a la carte so my steak came with one roll. My parents had coffee with their dessert and I know they would have appreciated the cup being topped off at least once. It is a beautiful room but very dark and hard to read the menus. If there was any specials that night--no one mentioned id it.Special Features:
- Attentive serviceMarathonManVIPDined on 9/12/2014Jocylyn provided great service and recommendations. We will definitely return when we are in Salt Lake City. We enjoyed the "early dining" three course option, a great value. Our steaks were prepared perfectly, one medium rare and one medium. I was a little reluctant to order steak based on reviews I read from other members. Frankly, I don't agree with their reviews. We've dinned at most of the great steak houses throughout the USA. No need to drop names; we all know the establishments on that elite list. While we've had steaks that were slightly better, we've also paid more than twice as much. In the end, a good steak at a great price equals a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- price to experience = ZEROOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I called the restaurant yesterday to report the poor experience we had. That call matched our dinning experience Saturday. Too Bad! - the steak was small compared to what it should have been - the flavor was maybe a 7 compared to Flemings or Ruth's Chris. Had better at Texas Roadhouse at 1/2 the price. Aged? It didn't taste like it. - the butter was refrigerator / odor stained - the pecan salad had NO pecans - the wedge salad came with 2 table spoons of dressing - the fresh cracked pepper was never offered & was asked for
- PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I see you have a plac reserved above to give ratings for food, service and ambiance but how about price? I think the prices are a little high for ala carte. Other than that everything was wonderful. Thank you, MacSpecial Features:
- Fantastic OverallKimPDined on 8/22/2014Not only was the food fantastic, but the service was perfect. Cam was the perfect mix of attentive, yet allowed us to enjoy each other's company and our meal. My son and I each loved the filet mignon, my husband ate every bit of his ribeye and the brie appetizer was to die for. We are from Los Angeles and will definitely return when we are in town to visit our college student. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Average steakhouseSaltlakeguyDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was in a fantastic location of downtown Salt Lake City. It's close to everything in the city and in a very cool building. We went on a Friday evening and made a reservation to plan ahead. Well, when we arrived (at 6:30) the restaurant was not busy at all but the hostess insisted on seating all guests in the same section. We were seated next to a party of 3 and a small child. Now, if I'm going to pay $46 for prine steak I certainly don't want to sit next to a table with a poorly manner child. The atmosphere was fantastic. Our sever was just ok. Really didn't make us feel special. Checked on us once. Took a while to get water. I don't understand how a slc restaurant gets away with average service with high prices.Special Features:
- The meat was amazing!happywhenfullDined on 8/22/2014I haven't found a finer steak in Utah...and I know my steakhouses pretty well. Thanks Christopher's! I can't wait for my next dinner with you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltlakecityDined on 8/18/2014The food was good but the service was very slow. We arrived at 7:30 and wasn't finished until 10:45. One steak was so tough, the guest told them to take it back and they didn't bring here a replacement. 3 guests did not get their side dishes. We were not pleased with a dish and the waiter said they would take it off the bill. However, the manager came over and said no, that they would not take it off the bill. Someone in our party said that they would take the food home because she couldn't bare to see it thrown in the trash and the manager said that is why they can't take it off the bill. The three people that were splitting the meal had nothing to eat but side dishes because of this. They cannot handle groups.
- Anniversary DinnerjqlardinersDined on 8/17/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary! They did not disappoint!! The food was delicious and the service was great!! We ordered the porterhouse for 2 and it did take a long time to cook!! Not their fault!! We had to kind of eat in a hurry because we had tickets to the Capital Theater and we thought we had planned accordingly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014One of our favorite restaurants and steakhouses. The filet is one of the best I've had and my wife loves the cod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service GREAT, meat not so great.bsarkadyDined on 8/16/2014We went to Christopher's to celebrate my wife's birthday. The service was fantastic. The food other than the meat was very good. The meat was not cooked to our liking. We ordered medium well and medium and part of the meat (served in three pieces) was basically raw. I am not the type to complain so we did not. Probably will not go again.Special Features: