Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill
134 West Pierpont Ave
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.christophersutah.com/
- Phone: 8015198515x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Available for private parties, weddings and business meetings. Call for details
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonomini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer a variety of on and off-site catering options for all occasions. Please contact Melissa Hofhine at 801-519-8515 for further details.
- Special Events: Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill has played host to over 3,000 events since 1995; weddings, corporate events, private dinners, business meetings and working breakfasts. We can accommodate up to 300 guests. Please Call Melissa Hofhine 801-519-8515
- Cross Street: 260 S. 150 W.
- Public Transit: UTA trax stops just a few blocks from the restaurant. Get off at Gallivan Station ( 250 S. Main St.).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Public Pay lots and metered street parking is available . We also offer Valet services from 5 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill
Locally owned and operated, Christopher's is the Recipient of the prestigious “Best of State” award and the “People’s Choice” designation from opentable.com, with an “Excellent” rating from Zagat; Christopher’s Prime Steak House has been a fixture in the Salt Lake City dining scene since 1995. We’ve built our reputation on the belief that the finest ingredients yield the finest dishes; 21-day aged USDA Prime beef and the Freshest Seafood Flown in Daily from around the world and Organic Locally Sourced Produce, are the building blocks of our award winning menus. From our mouth watering hand-cut USDA Prime Filet Mignon to our Giant Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs, Christopher’s is sure to please any palate. We offer an extensive Wine list and full Liquor bar. For the budget conscious, check out our famous 3 course early evening specials starting at $15.99.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (48)notable wine list (18)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- price to experience = ZEROOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I called the restaurant yesterday to report the poor experience we had. That call matched our dinning experience Saturday. Too Bad! - the steak was small compared to what it should have been - the flavor was maybe a 7 compared to Flemings or Ruth's Chris. Had better at Texas Roadhouse at 1/2 the price. Aged? It didn't taste like it. - the butter was refrigerator / odor stained - the pecan salad had NO pecans - the wedge salad came with 2 table spoons of dressing - the fresh cracked pepper was never offered & was asked for
- PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I see you have a plac reserved above to give ratings for food, service and ambiance but how about price? I think the prices are a little high for ala carte. Other than that everything was wonderful. Thank you, MacSpecial Features:
- Fantastic OverallKimPDined on 8/22/2014Not only was the food fantastic, but the service was perfect. Cam was the perfect mix of attentive, yet allowed us to enjoy each other's company and our meal. My son and I each loved the filet mignon, my husband ate every bit of his ribeye and the brie appetizer was to die for. We are from Los Angeles and will definitely return when we are in town to visit our college student. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Average steakhouseSaltlakeguyDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was in a fantastic location of downtown Salt Lake City. It's close to everything in the city and in a very cool building. We went on a Friday evening and made a reservation to plan ahead. Well, when we arrived (at 6:30) the restaurant was not busy at all but the hostess insisted on seating all guests in the same section. We were seated next to a party of 3 and a small child. Now, if I'm going to pay $46 for prine steak I certainly don't want to sit next to a table with a poorly manner child. The atmosphere was fantastic. Our sever was just ok. Really didn't make us feel special. Checked on us once. Took a while to get water. I don't understand how a slc restaurant gets away with average service with high prices.Special Features:
- The meat was amazing!happywhenfullDined on 8/22/2014I haven't found a finer steak in Utah...and I know my steakhouses pretty well. Thanks Christopher's! I can't wait for my next dinner with you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltlakecityDined on 8/18/2014The food was good but the service was very slow. We arrived at 7:30 and wasn't finished until 10:45. One steak was so tough, the guest told them to take it back and they didn't bring here a replacement. 3 guests did not get their side dishes. We were not pleased with a dish and the waiter said they would take it off the bill. However, the manager came over and said no, that they would not take it off the bill. Someone in our party said that they would take the food home because she couldn't bare to see it thrown in the trash and the manager said that is why they can't take it off the bill. The three people that were splitting the meal had nothing to eat but side dishes because of this. They cannot handle groups.
- Anniversary DinnerjqlardinersDined on 8/17/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary! They did not disappoint!! The food was delicious and the service was great!! We ordered the porterhouse for 2 and it did take a long time to cook!! Not their fault!! We had to kind of eat in a hurry because we had tickets to the Capital Theater and we thought we had planned accordingly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014One of our favorite restaurants and steakhouses. The filet is one of the best I've had and my wife loves the cod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service GREAT, meat not so great.bsarkadyDined on 8/16/2014We went to Christopher's to celebrate my wife's birthday. The service was fantastic. The food other than the meat was very good. The meat was not cooked to our liking. We ordered medium well and medium and part of the meat (served in three pieces) was basically raw. I am not the type to complain so we did not. Probably will not go again.Special Features:
- ABBealesDined on 8/15/2014Food was delicious. A little on the expensive side. Definitely a good place to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehhh not worth the priceStephASDined on 8/10/2014Took my husband for his birthday. Atmosphere was nice and service was good. Our steak was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious but our side dishes were terrible! The roasted asparagus at $9 for 7 pieces too pricey for what we got, especially since 3 pieces were burnt. The hand cut fries were soggy and mushy even after we asked them to re-fry or for a new batch. In our opinion we would rather go to Ruths Chris or Flemmings for the prices we paid at Christopher's, we know all our food would be delicious there.Special Features:
- BusinessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Nice spot for our business meeting. Waiter was great, busy tradeshow slowed the kitchen but the accommodated usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerbirthdaynightmare1Dined on 8/6/2014We went for my son's birthday, the waitress Cindy was great, the steaks were undercooked and had to be sent back, the asparagus was overdone, the steak fries were greasy and no seasoning, the mashed potatoes were good along with the brussell sprouts! The amount of money we paid for the low quality of food was a joke! We have always gone to Ruth's Chris steak house and that's where we will be going next time!!Special Features:
- Christophers as good as everpanda24Dined on 7/29/2014Went to Christophers to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Food was very good. I had the filet and my wife had the angry shrimp. We had the stuffed mushrooms and salads to start. Service was great. Server recommended thesteak fries with my steak. I had never had them and thought it was strange to have with a very good steak. He was right they were very good. Not your normal steak fries. Several good restaurants in SLC and this has become one of our favorites.Special Features:
- birthday funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday and used a Living Social. great ambiance and wonderful server...Andy. the food was well-prepared and the tiiming of service was great. Extra touches... a card signed by the staff for my daughter and a free dessert; manager came to see us as well.t without a living social coupon and early bird special, unfortunately, I could not afford to eat here again.Special Features:
- perfect for our wedding anniversarypdtedkDined on 7/25/2014We wanted to try some place new, I found this place had a groupon, who doesn't like to save money? The menu looked great so we made reservations. When we walked in we got a card signed by the staff, our waiter made great suggestions. They are known for their Lobster corn dogs appetizer and it was AMAZING! Some of the best lobster we've had. We had the halibut and filet, both we're seasoned well and cooked how we asked them to prepare it. Dessert was good we tried a new dessert on their menu beinsteich cake and a classic bread pudding. The bread pudding was great, not a sharable size though, the cake topping was amazing but inside cream didn't have flavor or sugar added to it. Overall it was a great experience and can't wait for next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the MushroomsthemelDined on 7/24/2014Although the price is high I was pleased with the quality of the food .Special Features:
- Great serviceWhit4goodfoodDined on 7/21/2014Food was good but not as wonderful as I expected from the price. It was a nice place to go for a special occasion and was worth it with an amazon local deal. I won't be going back and wouldn't want to pay full priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experience!ExcusesDined on 7/19/2014This experience was definitely not what I'd hoped for. We scheduled reservations for 7:00 pm. Had to wait because there was a group that came in from a big conference in town. That excuse came up several times during our dinner experience. The wait was equally long for our food. We ordered the special: Filet mignon and lobster. I ordered rare and got medium rare, the lobster was overcooked & chewy, they ran out of rolls. The romantic evening turned into loud & annoying for those of us not related to the conference, we wanted peace! Again, it was apologized for since there was a big crowd. $119.00 down the drain! Great, big party, but what about us? The conference people aren't coming back anytime soon, but locals do. I will NOT be back!
- SUConventionDinerDined on 7/19/2014I dined with four friends while attending the Stampin'-Up! Convention recently. Personally, I enjoyed my meal, however a few of my friends had some issues with their meals. Our server, Cameron was not as friendly or personal as I would have expected one to be in this type of atmosphere. Management and other staff members were very helpful. I don't know if our server was new but he didn't seem to be knowledgeable of the menu items, beer list. I believe he could be better if he worked on this and his demeanor when interacting with his guests. Other servers seemed to have a good rapport with their guests. He could benefit from watching them. I have worked in the industry for several years and hope this feedback can help him progress.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things were better at the DraperluvthefoodDined on 7/14/2014Our waiter that night was friendly and helpful in giving info on food content and whether it would be a good choice for my 93 year old Grandmother! The part that left me discouraged was that when he brought the check we were splitting the payment with a card and with cash. instead of waiting for us to fill out the receipt for the card, he automatically charged my card for the full amount and then kept the cash for his tip. This to me is a very dishonest waiter. He needs to wait until the customer fills out the receipt and not charge before verifying what the customer chooses! The lighting in this location was a bit to dark for early evening dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedreadytodineDined on 7/13/2014The food was good, but not fantastic. Even for a moderately up-scale place, I still have trouble with paying $8 for a simple baked potato to accompany a steak. Menu is pretty limited if you are not in the mood for a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TammyDined on 7/12/2014The atmosphere was wonderful and would be great for entertaining. The food was exceptional!! I had the scallops and they were perfectly seared with a sweet honey sauce. My husband had the chicken and he loved it.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurants!SabraDined on 7/4/2014Christopher's is by far one of the best restaurants in Utah! Great customer service too, if you want the best server ask for Nicholas. Their food is to die for!! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Went for our 1 year anniversary, the food was just okay, service wasn't that great either asked the waitress to cook the salmon more, she was unwilling to accommodate, would never return here again
- Excellent as Usualsheff511Dined on 6/28/2014Christopher's has become one of our favorite restaurants. The food is excellent each time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice timeJoeBDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed Christopher's. The food was good, and we appreciated the recommendations from the waiter. Excellent wine too.Special Features:
- GFB21Dined on 6/13/2014Still to expensive even with groupon, place was empty on a Friday nightSpecial Features:
- Great dining experiencedja1Dined on 6/13/2014We came to Christopher's for our anniversary. The staff did an excellent job making our dining experience memorable. Kate was our server. We ordered the lobster corn dogs as an appetizer on her recommendation. My wife and I agree this was the highlight of the meal. Sooooo wonderful!! The steaks we ordered were cooked perfectly and were delicious. They gave us a free dessert for our anniversary. After debating over the ice cream and fresh berries and the creme brûlée, we decided on the former. When it was brought out, we were surprised with both desserts. Overall our experience was very positive. A little out of our budget for casual dining, Christopher's is at the top of the list for a special occasion dining experience. Kudos and thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special occasionsFrankDined on 6/2/2014This is a great place for special occasions. The staff asked if we were celebrating anything and then treated us above and beyond our expectations.Special Features:
- PerfectionJessDined on 5/31/2014From the service to the food, everything about our experience at Christopher's was perfect. The bread was the perfect crispy outside and chewy inside. Both steaks were high quality cuts and incredibly well prepared. The calamari was the best we had ever had and the scampi and lobster were untouchable as well. The desserts made for a solid exclamation point to the meal. The waiter was personable and attentive and met all of our needs as they arose. And, the reisling we chose was delicious. Finally, the restaurant itself is gorgeous with soaring ceilings and fine woodwork. It was an amazing evening. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantRabbiDined on 5/30/2014This is the restaurant we always go to for special occasions such as our anniversary or a birthday. The food is always good and the service is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent service; good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014It was a slow night and I believe that there was a limited wait staff. That did not hurt the service at all. The food was good but not over the top.Special Features:
- Awesome and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Went for my wife's birthday. Her favorite dish was no longer offered, but the chef whipped it up for her anyway! Great service as well. Super attentive to make sure we had an enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Disappointed MotherbigdutchbenVIPDined on 5/11/2014We ordered the special, tenderloin with lobster eat on top. The tomato bisque was good. The tenderloin for my wife and me both did not seem to have the tenderloin structure and certainly was not tender. My wife ordered medium rare. Mine was medium. The meat was also very salty. I prefer to salt it my liking myself. The lobster pieces were hard to detect in the heavy sauce that tasted like a left over and also was very salty. The waitress was friendly. I did not bring it to her attention, since it was not her fault and I knew I could report it here.
- Our Special Celebration PlaceMalaDined on 5/8/2014We've been going to Christopher's ever since they were a small hole in the wall in Bountiful. As they've "grown-up" we've loved enjoying the benefits of their learning and growing. They have treated us very well all along the way. The staff has always ensured our Birthdays, Anniversaries, Engagements, family occasions have been celebrated appropriately. This last time, was a little different however the music was almost to the level of blaring and we were seated among many other boisterous people instead of in a quieter place to celebrate a romantic dinner for two. However, if this is the only complaint we could come up with - score. We will most definitely continue to come back. The birthday card to my Prince Charming was a plus!Special Features:
- The following 776 reviews are from the Christopher's Prime Steak House & Grill reviews archive.
- AMAZINGkrystaldymond06Dined on 4/28/2014I went here for my Birthday and it was amazing. Good food good service good everything. I believe Ryan was our server. He was great.Special Features:
- Good food!HonestreviewDined on 4/26/2014I think this is a great place to celebrate a special event or anniversary . I thought the food was good a little over priced but that come with the atmosphere they are going for. The shrimp was recommended by our server and they were of excellent quality so hat made for a very enjoyable experience for me and my wife! Had a good time.Special Features:
- Relaxing and Enjoyable experienceluv2dineDined on 4/21/2014My husband and I celebrated our 24th Wedding Anniversary here and the experience was lovely. The Restaurant was classy and the staff was friendly and informative. Nick our waiter was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. We had used a Groupon and usually as soon as the waiter sees that you are using one the service goes down hill. Not so with this place. Our water glasses were never empty, the food was excellent, the service was quick but relaxing, we never felt rushed. As soon as one coursed was finished they were bringing out the next. The one down side to this place is that it is very pricey. We ordered off the Prix Fix menu which was plenty and a great buy at 45. Some steaks were 45 just for the steak nothing else.Special Features:
- Great place to dineejemplosDined on 4/11/2014The food at Christopher's is always great and the wait staff is friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Great atmosphere makes it a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.