Christopher's on Lincoln
Lincoln St between 5th & 6th ave
Carmel, CA 93921Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Christopher's on Lincoln
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://christophersrestaurantcarmel.com/
- Phone: (831) 626-8000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - closing
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher J. Caul
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Christopher 8316268000
A word from Christopher's on Lincoln
One of Carmel's newest and most exciting dining experience is Christopher's on Lincoln. Award winning chef/owner Christopher J. Caul has transformed one of the village's oldest restaurant locations into a modern, fun, and friendly dinner house. Dress is Carmel casual and the attitude laid back and contemporary, so guests feel comfortable in everything from shorts to suits. Charming and affable, Christopher's cuisine is sublime. Christopher's 30 years of experience as well as his three former restaurants have culminated in a menu that showcases the finest, freshest seasonal ingredients the Central Coast has to offer. Christopher's wine list features mostly Monterey County wines, as well as his favorites from around the state. Christopher's also features a full bar with some of the finest handcrafted spirits available. Christopher is right where he loves to be; come say hello soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Christopher's on Lincoln - Best Restaurants in Carmel ›
Christopher's on Lincoln reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (35)romantic (34)special occasion (33)notable wine list (19)good for groups (12)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pleasant location with good food.TonyTDined on 11/18/2014The menu choice on a Tuesday evening did not include many items listed on the open table web site. 2 large parties made rather a lot of noise and took most of the servers' attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2014We've been in Carmel for over 9 years and this was the first time to try Christopher's. Overall it was just OK, will not go back. The food was pricey and not tasty. We both ordered specials thinking they would be "special" (like most are). The fish tasted frozen and the flavor awful. Ordered the fried green tomatoes and they were horrible too. I'm from the south and maybe the chef just didn't know how to prepare fried green tomatoes. The only thing we liked was the atmosphere which is not why people go out to eat! There are so many other great restaurants in Carmel. This one just didn't do it for us.
- Great ambiance, great food, and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014The beautiful and cozy tree lit night time setting as we walked up to the restraunt made us excited for our experience before we even entered the door. Once inside the ambiance was cozy and elegant. The staff was more than attentive and made us feel special and well taken care of. The stuffed pepper was amazing the stuffed chicken was decadent. Overall a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!pickychickyinOaklandVIPDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I were looking forward to a special dinner on our one night in Carmel last weekend. We found this restaurant on Open Table and decided to try it. It's a lovely setting, and promised to be special. We arrived early (at 5) and were the first customers there. Our waiter was over-the-top enthusiastic about the gastronomic treats were could expect to experience, listed a large number of entrees that sounded so delicious that we had a hard time deciding. Our appetizers were good. The entree, however (a stuffed chicken concoction smothered in a cheese sauce) took forever to arrive and was essentially inedible ... had a strange metallic taste and was tough. I sent mine back. Dessert was unremarkable. Very disappointing.
- Christopher'sTwoTexansDined on 11/6/2014We had a very nice, early dinner with very attentive host and waiter. The food and wine were excellent. The chili relleno appetizer was really fantastic with the spicy sauce. Sea food entrees were also very well done. We dined there midweek in early November and were able to have a relaxed dinner (about 2 hrs.)Special Features:
- ExcellentJoePatDined on 11/5/2014Last minute decision that turned out to be a real gem. One of the best we have found.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentBob1VIPDined on 10/24/2014Second time to Carmel this year and will always stop here as the service and the food are best in area! If it is not on menu ask and they will make it for you!! Good wine list and waive corkage if you buy one of theirs. If you don't believe me try it yourself!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss It!gregostVIPDined on 10/15/2014Off the main street in Carmel was a great find we found through Open Table. It was a perfect quiet respite from San Francisco the night before. Service and food were outstanding. The owners were extremely gracious and the staff was available whenever we requested their services. I highly recommend their suggestions. Crème Brule was the best I ever had!Special Features:
- loved the atmospheregigilannyDined on 10/13/2014We loved the atmosphere of Christopher's. It is very cozy and comfortable. Loved the big windows and warm setting. The food was excellent and the service was great. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/8/2014A small, intimate room, great bread, inventive polenta, well prepred fish all make for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014It was a very pleasant evening in Carmel! Christopher's was a good choice for good food, good wine, and good ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside heaters would be good.BigAlDined on 9/27/2014We ate outside with our poodles. Very accommodating, excellent food and service. Hope they add heaters for outside. Did not go in, but an open window indicated a high noise level inside. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/24/2014When we lived here years ago, the location was one of our favorites know as San Souci. The change of name and ownership has only improved the quality of the experience. Appetizers only on this trip, but great dining nonetheless. The mushroom soup was the best we've had since we lived in the mushroom country of SE Pennsylvania. And the Carpaccio was heavenly. Very thin slices of beef with parmesan, lemon and a special sauce (Harry's Bar Sauce). We look forward to returning for a full meal very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet Another Wonderful Meal!DWhipDined on 9/20/2014We have dined at Christopher's at least a dozen times, in both small (4) and large (12) groups. Each has been characterized by absolutely wonderful, innovative food, affordable wine, and personal service. We will continue to recommend it to friends and frequent it ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsAtlfoodVIPDined on 9/19/2014As a part time resident of Carmel we hadn't tried Christopher"s and were pleasantly surprised. Great food and service and a lovely room. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Carmel GemSalimAlamaVIPDined on 9/18/2014We have had the pleasure of dining at Christropher's on several occasions. Our latest visit continued to impress us. Katherine is a gracious host and made us feel welcome and was genuinely glad to see us back again. As always the martini was perfect and a great start to the evening. We began with the mushroom soup and the oysters- both perfectly prepared. We shared the beet salad with a wonderful blue cheese vinaigrette. Our mains on this visit were the filet - excellently executed - and the lamb shank on a bed of polenta. Throughout the meal service was attentive yet not obtrusive. Again a wonderful evening at Christopher's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME DINNING EXPERIENCENANIVIPDined on 9/18/2014THE LAST TIME I WAS AT CHRISTOPHER'S FOR DINNER IT WAS THROUGH A GROUPON DISCOUNT AND WE WERE TREATED LIKE ROYALTY BY THE STAFF, AND I DIDN'T FORGET THAT. LAST WEEK IT WAS OUR 43RD ANNIVERSARY AND LIVING ON THE MONTEREY WE HAVE SO MANY GREAT OPTIONS FOR DINNING. LIKE I SAID I DIDN'T FORGET. OMG !!! THE FOOD, THE OWNER AND THE STAFF WERE OVER THE TOP, TALK ABOUT BEING TREATED LIKE ROYALTY ,THE ONLY THING MISSING WAS MY CROWN. THEY HAVE A FULL ON BAR AND GREAT WINE LIST. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL EVENING IN CARMEL, SO WE WERE EVEN ABLE TO SIT OUTSIDE AND HAVE OUR ESPRESSO AND CIGAR. PLEASE, GIVE CHRISTOPHER A TRY YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurantsSylviVIPDined on 9/10/2014We really enjoyed the romantic atmosphere of this restaurant. The food and service were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantdubndisDined on 9/6/2014jThe service is outstanding only to be outdone by the food. It was tasty, satisfying and ample for filling any void.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Customer1localfoodieDined on 9/1/2014I have known Ken, the owner for many years & he has a reputation of wonderful food & all at every restaurant He has had in Carmel. He is gets a 5 star rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Started with a Ginger-tini, which was amazing! We had a crab bisque and mushroom soup to start that was very good. The special was a stuff fish that was very flavorful, but too rich to finish. I had the Osso Bucco with polenta. The polenta was excellent. The Osso Bucco was good, but not great and lacked flavor. Service was questionable, but we weren't in much of a hurry, so it wasn't a big deal. All in all, a good meal, but I've had better in Carmel.
- Impress your friendsparboyDined on 8/29/2014Christopher's is that rare find - great atmosphere, good service, great value, fabulous food, solid wine list and thanks to Open Table, it's easy to go there. The menu is upscale California cuisine with good beef, foul and fish choices. Love the appetizers - cornmeal crusted spicy chili relleno and fried green tomatoes are a couple faves. The rack of lamb is the best I've had and everyone likes the Muscovy Duck. Desserts are always good here if you have any room. This is where we go when we want to treat ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTOOBAD2Dined on 8/28/2014Once again we had a memorable experience at Christopher's. Best waiter and food we found in Carmel.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent service!!crzy8tsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Christopher's was excellent. What else do I need to say. The food was outstanding, try the Chili Relleno and the Seafood Pasta...great dishes...small with excellent service...we were not rushed and really allowed to move at our own pace. Will be back the next time we are in Carmel!!Special Features:
- Very welcoming and private settingGregVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were met with sincere friendliness and the high level of service continued throughout the meal. We had the filet and fresh catch--- both were excellent and the wine selection was impressive. This great place is not a Carmel tourist trap. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie in Carmellove2dineVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great evening at Christopher's!!! Good food, wine, service and atmosphere! Will be back.Special Features:
- Comfy and yummycarmelrezDined on 8/15/2014This is a lovely, warm, inviting restaurant with very good food and reliable service.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!!!NightCrawlerDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I were thrilled with your quaint restaurant. Outstanding service. Creative and intelligent menu. Food wonderful!!! Will return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aroundtheworldDined on 8/14/2014The owner was very attentive and the food was absolutely wonderful! This will be a go to for us in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Went here for big anniversary dinner with wife. Nice ambiance and great food and service. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome diningDrDaveDined on 8/1/2014Christopher's always has a wonderful menu with great specials of the day. We chose the stuffed Petrale Sole and were treated to a wonderfully, flavorful seafood preparation. Full bar of cocktails.....Cosmo In Paris was delightful. Wine by the glass, excellent choices. Our drinks were complementary....big SURPRISE, later were told by our D-I-L that she had called and arranged to pay for our drinks. The staff dropped the ball there by not telling us at the time, only that drinks were taken care of....a little embarrassing since she had asked them to tell us they were compliments of her and our son. Must say Chris was out that night and may be the reason entire message was not conveyed. Overall, wonderful dining and plan on returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 403 reviews are from the Christopher's on Lincoln reviews archive.
- Far better than I thoughtjimg93940Dined on 7/17/2014We've eaten at Christophers several times, and it is always a delight. The food, the service, the ambiance are all perfect for a relaxing and wonderful evening of good food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2014Delightful experience - food was wonderful and service very accommodating.Special Features:
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014We found Christopher's a couple of years ago and it remains on our top 10 list of places. The food is outstanding and the service is truly stellar. If I could give 6 stars, I would! Christopher's is also a very good value. Their prices are remarkable for the quality of food and service you get. We also like to small restaurant feeling. We highly recommend Christopher's if you are visiting Carmel/Monterey!Special Features:
- Wondeful ExperienceSluggoDined on 7/3/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner at Christopher's. The food was very good, the server made my children totally at ease, and provided exceptional service. The menu choices were select, but interesting, and well prepared. the overall experience was memorable. One of my favorites in Carmel. I heard Christopher was out recovering from back surgery- I hope your recovery goes well.Special Features:
- Worst experience ever!FooddummyVIPDined on 7/2/2014Not sure how these great reviews showed up. Our experience was really bad. The waiter was impolite to say the least. When we wanted to talk to someone in charge, there was no one to talk to. We talked to another waiter. The food was really bad. None of us (6 in total) finished our dinner. The only good thing on thr menu was the chilli relleno. All this when there were only 4 tables occupied. Never going back!
- NnylaVIPDined on 6/30/2014Salad was extremely overdressed, duck was quite overcooked, ice chunks in the martinis and made by our waiter, not a trained bartender...it was a Monday so maybe it was just an off night, but the restaurant itself was cute and a very pretty courtyard
- Excellent ood and AtmosphereJewelOfCochellaVIPDined on 6/23/2014WE enjoyed our evening at Christopher. The food was excellent and the surrounding cosy and nice.Special Features:
- Oh so deliciousGinnyVIPDined on 6/22/2014We loved our visit to Christopher's. I had the fresh salmon (absolutely wonderful) and my husband had the Osso Busco ( also wonderful). The owner was very attentive and helpful. He recommended a wonderful wine that went well with both of our entrees. The room was comfortable and relaxing. We highly recommend it for a quiet lovely evening.Special Features:
- Bad foodMarinaDined on 6/13/2014Trying to cook fancy but fails desperately. Undercooked vegetables, tasteless food. Way too pricy and fancy for the quality of the food.