106 W. Padonia Rd.
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.christopher-daniel.com/
- Phone: (410) 308-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Ellis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Groups of 1 to 500 catered in your home or outside facility. We can create any menu to suit your needs. Let us bring our renowned cuisine and professional service to you for cocktail parties, weddings, lunches and dinners, picnics, or intimate get-togethers. We will help you plan the entire event from menu and drinks, to seating and table arrangements. Whether it's at home or at work, Christopher Daniel Catering will do all the work to make your affair a great success.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room available for groups of 20 to 100; can put together menus for any occasion, seated or buffet.
ROOM HAS OWN PRIVATE RESTROOMS, BAR, COATROOM AND ENTRANCE FOR A TOTALLY PRIVATE AFFAIR.
- Private Party Contact: Bonnie S. Kerin 4103081800x
- Entertainment: Our adjacent martini bar fiVe features live music every Saturday night starting around 9:30pm.
- Special Events: Check our website http://www.christopher-daniel.com/events.html for all of our upcoming Special Events, Wine Dinners and Live Entertainment.
A word from Christopher Daniel
Christopher Daniel is fine dining in a casual atmosphere. We offer a wide range menu with steaks, fish, seafood and some light fare. We have a kids menu available. Menu prices range from $10-30. Private rooms also available. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Christopher Daniel - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Christopher Daniel reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (38)great for lunch (25)romantic (18)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food but inferior serviceconcertdinerDined on 11/16/2014This was our first visit to Christopher Daniels. The food was very good and the personal pleasant. The home made soups very excellent. The filet ordered medium arrived at the table well done. The special of the evening, lamb chops, possessed good flavor but not as tender as expected. The biggest complaint was there was only one waitress for the entire restaurant. This resulted in extremely poor service. Because of our time schedule, our group did not order drinks and quickly made our selections from the menu. It was one hour from arrival until our entrees arrived. That left insufficient time to enjoy the entrees and no time for dessert. Additionally, parties that arrived after we did were served ahead of us.
- Our guest was overjoyed!mariDined on 11/1/2014We hosted a family member who just moved to Baltimore. She said the scallops were the best she had ever eaten. We enjoyed our meals, as well, and soent a delightful evening. This is a restaurant where we trust the quality of the food, and the reliably good service.Special Features:
- Glad to be backjojoDined on 11/1/2014Dined Saturday nite after many years lapse. Brought friends and was pleased with the experience. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniverary Dinnershehaas1Dined on 10/28/2014My husband and I went here for our 10th Anniversary and we were very pleased. The food was very good although, a couple of the side dishes tasted like someone spilled the salt into them. Other than that, our experience was great. We ordered appetizers and LOVED the BBQ shrimp over grits. My husband had steak and I had the crabcakes. We were both very satisfied with our choices. I would definately recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ChefFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014I hadn't been to Christopher Daniel in a while. I won a gift certificate in an auction so decided to use it. I was so pleased...the food was wonderful. We had soft shell crabs and rack of lamb with delicious side dishes. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMomof3Dined on 10/19/2014The selection was wonderful! So much to choose from, I couldn't try it all! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 10/18/2014Christopher Daniel is definitely one of the better restaurants on the York Road cooridor. The menu offers something for everyone and their specials are usually interesting. On this visit I tried the Trout special which sounded very good (with crispy skin according to the server). Sadly when it showed up, the trout was covered in a horrible red cream tomato sauce which definitely brought down the overall appeal of the fish and made the skin soft and mushy. Server did not mention the fish being covered in a sauce or I would have ordered it without it. Everyone else enjoyed their meal and I will just have to ask more questions about the special next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming & delicious cuisine againEJnBmoreDined on 10/13/2014We all enjoyed the food and quiet atmosphere at this establishment.The unruly sangria was great. I ordered the bento box with oriental salmon, with potatoes, and the flourless chocolate cake as a dessert. The salmon was excellent as was the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday BrunchjpleisDined on 10/12/2014Their brunch wad great. Wonderful selection of food (both breakfast and lunch selections) and drinks. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placeZoziDined on 10/1/2014It is the most important thing in my life to have found the love of my life. It so happened that my wife (back then, first date) used to live in the Cockeysville/Hunt Valley area. So when we were setting up our 1st date, I suggested Christopher Daniel so we had our first date here. We go back at least twice a year since: for Valentine's Day and for our dating anniversary, which is October 2nd (we did it this year October 1st due to a conflict on the 2nd). We of course love the restaurant, I do think the menu is great, the service is OK and the ambiance is nice (especially for us due to the above). You might say it is overpriced a bit, but not excessively. In any case, we definitely are life-long returning customers :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You need to go here..happyeatsDined on 9/25/2014Christopher Daniel never disappoints, the food is great and the service is always excellent. My guests were visiting from Idaho and they appreciated the diverse dinner menu and we each enjoyed seafood, steak, calves liver. The meals came with sides that complimented the main course and each of our selections featured different sides. The portions are perfect size, not skimpy and not too "much". I have previously met friends for lunch and Sunday brunch here and was confident that dinner would be just as fine an experience. Also, they were able to accommodate my seating preference for the side room, which to me feels more casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thisisdumbVIPDined on 9/25/2014Excellent soft shell crabs! Grainy mustard sauce is very, very good with the crabs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Awesome food, atmosphere, and service! Great for anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thisisdumbVIPDined on 9/15/2014The soft shell crabs were excellent! Food here is consistently good.
- Consistently Good!ConnieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We love Christopher Daniel! It is definitely a neighborhood gem for us. We love the food, service, and usually the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why don't we come here more often?foodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014We live just 10 minutes away and finally decided use an expired Groupon. With my first bite I asked my wife, "So why don't we come here more often?" The pork chop was one of the best I have ever had. I first removed the bone and noticed it was slightly undercooked so the waiter took it back to the kitchen. What came back was still moist and perfectly done. My wife's crabcakes were also excellent. We requested the mustard beurre blanc on the side thinking it would be heavy, but it was light and delicious. On our way out my wife saw a co-worker and his wife so we stopped to say hello. We asked what brought them in and they said the French Martinis (and the food) have made them regulars. We can't wait to return and enjoy their recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- James is the Best!neighborVIPDined on 9/10/2014We were a party of 7 and had lunch at Christopher Daniel. Food was very good - nice menu, but the best part was our very charming waiter. He gave great service without hovering. and had a very entertaining personalitySpecial Features:
- Brunch was Fantastic!st101312Dined on 8/31/2014My family and I visited Christopher Daniel over the weekend to celebrate my mother's birthday. We had a party of 7 including a child and we were blown away by the brunch served. Between the choices, the quality and the bottomless drinks we were very impressed. We all agreed as we left the restaurant that we will be returning after such a wonderful experience and an excellent meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014my husband and i throughly enjoyed our dinner. it was tasty and the drinks were good too. my waiter brought out two desserts since i couldn't decide. they even honored our groupon, which they didn't have to, since my husband purchased the wrong one. i will definitely go back. thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Can't comment on the various categories for which I would recommend this restaurant, because we were only there for dinner. However, I liked the quiet ambiance on the evening we were there. The dishes ordered, all in the seafood line, were well prepared and tasty. Service was attentive and friendly. I'm sure we will be back.Special Features:
- RussVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very disappointing for Sunday brunch. Food did not appear fresh and they did not put on a good presentation. The price is reasonable, but the price is irrelevant if the food is not good.
- consistent and goodkedsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Evrything is always good. Portions are a bit small bit quality is always there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesomesnowballDined on 8/17/2014I had the salmon and it was melt in your mouth! YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Our waitress, Megan, was great. Very fun and energetic.Special Features:
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Loved it! The food and the service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisledMisledDined on 8/17/2014I made this reservation from the Baltimore County Resturant Week web site, so I expected to order from the Resturant week menu. When we got there, we were told that they didn't honor the Resturant week lunch menu on Sundays because they had brunch on Sundays. The brunch was fine, but I was looking forward to the wonderful dishes shown on the Resturant week menu. I also brought a friend from out of town and the only reason we were dining out was to sample the Resturant week menu. If the posted menu was not available on Sundays, it should not have let me make a reservation through the Resturant week siteSpecial Features:
- mariDined on 8/16/2014Our party of 4 was welcomed warmly at the door, and seated promptly on a Saturday night. The server was a delightful woman who chatted with us in a friendly way, but maintained professionalism at all times. Two of us chose Restaurant Week offerings, and two opted for the regular menu. The timing of the meal was perfect. Everything was delicious. My husband had the lemon, thyme infused chicken and is still talking about it because it was so moist and flavorful...best he's had in a while. Another diner, who was visiting from Florida, said the calves liver was outstanding. We will return, and not just for special occasions.Special Features:
- First timeNCgaleDined on 8/14/2014Was in the area and wanted a special place to celebrate a friends birthday. Christopher Daniel's was fabulous! The food was amazing, great service and they even provided a special dessert for the birthday "boy"! Will look forward to going back next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekQueenDined on 8/12/2014Server was excellent....friendly, accommodating....not cloying. Food was good. Crab cake was different from typical MD crab cake...something in the sauce. Scallops were excellent. Good value for restaurant week.Special Features:
- A value in many waysNora19Dined on 8/10/2014We looked forward with anticipation the chance to dine at Christopher Daniel, but were still pleasantly surprised. I expected great food, but with great cost. Instead, I found the prices to be a bargain, from both a quality and quantity standpoint. And presentation was superb. The service was beyond attentive, being warm and personal also. I wish space permitted some dividers in the dining room, because it would have made for a more elegant and intimate experience, more befitting the level of food and service. But that does not discouraging me from returning.Special Features:
- very enjoyableboomer49VIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a great evening at this restaurant. The food is good and the waitress is the best (Mary).Special Features:
- Good JobBonnieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Haven't been here for awhile - enjoyed the experience all over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granddaughters Pre Birthday LunchCassie349VIPDined on 8/7/2014My Grandaughter will be 10 on Sunday but we started the celebration on Friday with lunch at Christopers Daniel's. We were greeted warmly by the hostesses and our waiter was awesome. Both acknowledge her birthday which made her feel very special. They have the best kids meals. Both grand kids ordered chicken tenders with broccoli delicious as before althought they really wanted fries (lol). My husband ordered the crabmeat omelet and he loved it. I had a cup of to ota basil soup and trio salad. This is the second time there and we love it. Of course at the end of the meal my granddaughter was brought flourless chocolate cake and the waiter brought her a small cup of fries that she wanted earlier plus ice cream. She enjoyed her b day start.Special Features:
- Neighborhood findTheDowagerVIPDined on 8/1/2014I have been to Christopher Daniel three times in the last three weeks. Each time, the food was excellent and the service friendly and efficient. I recommend the scallops and the pecan crusted lamb chops. A friend enjoyed the pork chop.Special Features:
- Hit or MissHungryVIPDined on 7/30/2014CD appears to be hit or miss with the food quality recently, today was a miss. The coleslaw was way off and the tuna salad was not up to past renditions. The apple salad had a brownish hue.Special Features:
- Made Dad's 90th Birthday great!OsRavensFanVIPDined on 7/26/2014Everything was perfect. And server (whose name I've forgotten and I don't have receipt to check) was great! I'm going to get get name from my brother and request her in the future. Dinner was delicious as usual and the attention to Dad when bringing out his birthday cake was so nice, we'll be back for next special occasion for sure. Dinner was delicious so we look forward to making another reservation in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 791 reviews are from the Christopher Daniel reviews archive.
- WonderfulDeekayDined on 7/22/2014Eight of us booked our reunion. The presentation are special. I've been there before and never had a bad mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/12/2014Food was excellently prepared for the cost. The dishes were tasty particularly the oysters. The peach cobbler was also a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food for an older crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was our third time there. Although the food is consistently AMAZING, we (in our 20s) have always been the only people in the restaurant under 60. Its not a "hip" or lively scene by any means, but for a nice quiet dinner, or to bring visiting parents to, its a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceLindaDined on 7/9/2014We had seven people, two at the last minute, which the restaurant accommodated on the spot. EVERYONE liked the food, even my food-compromised sister who can eat hardly anything but was able to mix and match whatever worked for her. Our server was terrific. When I made the reservation, they asked if it was a special occasion. It was, and they brought out two desserts for our two birthdays, chocolate, chocolate, wonderful. I've always like this restaurant, but on this occasion, it really was special. Did I mention that the food was just excellent?Special Features: