106 W. Padonia Rd.
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.christopher-daniel.com/
- Phone: 4103081800x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Ellis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Groups of 1 to 500 catered in your home or outside facility. We can create any menu to suit your needs. Let us bring our renowned cuisine and professional service to you for cocktail parties, weddings, lunches and dinners, picnics, or intimate get-togethers. We will help you plan the entire event from menu and drinks, to seating and table arrangements. Whether it's at home or at work, Christopher Daniel Catering will do all the work to make your affair a great success.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room available for groups of 20 to 100; can put together menus for any occasion, seated or buffet.
ROOM HAS OWN PRIVATE RESTROOMS, BAR, COATROOM AND ENTRANCE FOR A TOTALLY PRIVATE AFFAIR.
- Private Party Contact: Bonnie S. Kerin 4103081800x
- Entertainment: Our adjacent martini bar fiVe features live music every Saturday night starting around 9:30pm.
- Special Events: Check our website http://www.christopher-daniel.com/events.html for all of our upcoming Special Events, Wine Dinners and Live Entertainment.
A word from Christopher Daniel
Christopher Daniel is fine dining in a casual atmosphere. We offer a wide range menu with steaks, fish, seafood and some light fare. We have a kids menu available. Menu prices range from $10-30. Private rooms also available. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Christopher Daniel - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Christopher Daniel reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (36)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (28)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Can't comment on the various categories for which I would recommend this restaurant, because we were only there for dinner. However, I liked the quiet ambiance on the evening we were there. The dishes ordered, all in the seafood line, were well prepared and tasty. Service was attentive and friendly. I'm sure we will be back.Special Features:
- RussVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very disappointing for Sunday brunch. Food did not appear fresh and they did not put on a good presentation. The price is reasonable, but the price is irrelevant if the food is not good.
- consistent and goodkedsDined on 8/23/2014Evrything is always good. Portions are a bit small bit quality is always there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesomesnowballDined on 8/17/2014I had the salmon and it was melt in your mouth! YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillyDined on 8/17/2014Our waitress, Megan, was great. Very fun and energetic.Special Features:
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Loved it! The food and the service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisledMisledDined on 8/17/2014I made this reservation from the Baltimore County Resturant Week web site, so I expected to order from the Resturant week menu. When we got there, we were told that they didn't honor the Resturant week lunch menu on Sundays because they had brunch on Sundays. The brunch was fine, but I was looking forward to the wonderful dishes shown on the Resturant week menu. I also brought a friend from out of town and the only reason we were dining out was to sample the Resturant week menu. If the posted menu was not available on Sundays, it should not have let me make a reservation through the Resturant week siteSpecial Features:
- mariDined on 8/16/2014Our party of 4 was welcomed warmly at the door, and seated promptly on a Saturday night. The server was a delightful woman who chatted with us in a friendly way, but maintained professionalism at all times. Two of us chose Restaurant Week offerings, and two opted for the regular menu. The timing of the meal was perfect. Everything was delicious. My husband had the lemon, thyme infused chicken and is still talking about it because it was so moist and flavorful...best he's had in a while. Another diner, who was visiting from Florida, said the calves liver was outstanding. We will return, and not just for special occasions.Special Features:
- First timeNCgaleDined on 8/14/2014Was in the area and wanted a special place to celebrate a friends birthday. Christopher Daniel's was fabulous! The food was amazing, great service and they even provided a special dessert for the birthday "boy"! Will look forward to going back next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekQueenDined on 8/12/2014Server was excellent....friendly, accommodating....not cloying. Food was good. Crab cake was different from typical MD crab cake...something in the sauce. Scallops were excellent. Good value for restaurant week.Special Features:
- A value in many waysNora19Dined on 8/10/2014We looked forward with anticipation the chance to dine at Christopher Daniel, but were still pleasantly surprised. I expected great food, but with great cost. Instead, I found the prices to be a bargain, from both a quality and quantity standpoint. And presentation was superb. The service was beyond attentive, being warm and personal also. I wish space permitted some dividers in the dining room, because it would have made for a more elegant and intimate experience, more befitting the level of food and service. But that does not discouraging me from returning.Special Features:
- very enjoyableboomer49VIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a great evening at this restaurant. The food is good and the waitress is the best (Mary).Special Features:
- Good JobBonnieDined on 8/9/2014Haven't been here for awhile - enjoyed the experience all over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granddaughters Pre Birthday LunchCassie349VIPDined on 8/7/2014My Grandaughter will be 10 on Sunday but we started the celebration on Friday with lunch at Christopers Daniel's. We were greeted warmly by the hostesses and our waiter was awesome. Both acknowledge her birthday which made her feel very special. They have the best kids meals. Both grand kids ordered chicken tenders with broccoli delicious as before althought they really wanted fries (lol). My husband ordered the crabmeat omelet and he loved it. I had a cup of to ota basil soup and trio salad. This is the second time there and we love it. Of course at the end of the meal my granddaughter was brought flourless chocolate cake and the waiter brought her a small cup of fries that she wanted earlier plus ice cream. She enjoyed her b day start.Special Features:
- Neighborhood findTheDowagerVIPDined on 8/1/2014I have been to Christopher Daniel three times in the last three weeks. Each time, the food was excellent and the service friendly and efficient. I recommend the scallops and the pecan crusted lamb chops. A friend enjoyed the pork chop.Special Features:
- Hit or MissHungryVIPDined on 7/30/2014CD appears to be hit or miss with the food quality recently, today was a miss. The coleslaw was way off and the tuna salad was not up to past renditions. The apple salad had a brownish hue.Special Features:
- Made Dad's 90th Birthday great!OsRavensFanVIPDined on 7/26/2014Everything was perfect. And server (whose name I've forgotten and I don't have receipt to check) was great! I'm going to get get name from my brother and request her in the future. Dinner was delicious as usual and the attention to Dad when bringing out his birthday cake was so nice, we'll be back for next special occasion for sure. Dinner was delicious so we look forward to making another reservation in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDeekayDined on 7/22/2014Eight of us booked our reunion. The presentation are special. I've been there before and never had a bad mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/12/2014Food was excellently prepared for the cost. The dishes were tasty particularly the oysters. The peach cobbler was also a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food for an older crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was our third time there. Although the food is consistently AMAZING, we (in our 20s) have always been the only people in the restaurant under 60. Its not a "hip" or lively scene by any means, but for a nice quiet dinner, or to bring visiting parents to, its a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceLindaDined on 7/9/2014We had seven people, two at the last minute, which the restaurant accommodated on the spot. EVERYONE liked the food, even my food-compromised sister who can eat hardly anything but was able to mix and match whatever worked for her. Our server was terrific. When I made the reservation, they asked if it was a special occasion. It was, and they brought out two desserts for our two birthdays, chocolate, chocolate, wonderful. I've always like this restaurant, but on this occasion, it really was special. Did I mention that the food was just excellent?Special Features:
- Great meal, but miss the tuna!FoodrusVIPDined on 7/9/2014The meal was great and Mary our server was very good as well, but we miss the option of the tuna ap. as well as the entre.Special Features:
- Great place!happyfirsttimerDined on 7/6/2014Went there using a Groupon voucher. Very much enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and our great waitress Mary. Do plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificflllDined on 6/20/2014what a delightful place ! the food is so good. the service was fantastic. it was quiet so conversation was easily heard. an absolute gem. so glad it is in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST EVER!!2good2missDined on 6/20/2014I was there to celebrate my 70th birthday with 2 close friends. We were seated where it was more 'intimate' a.k.a. private which was perfect. Brandon was our server and he was superb!! The food is always outstanding and it was so that night. We each had something different both for appetizers & entrée. I know that even when everything is excellent, the experience can rise or fall depending on the level of service. Again, Brandon was one of the best waiters I have ever seen. I wanted to try lobster, but the 1/2 lobster tail was only on the luncheon menu. All I did was mention that to Brandon; he checked with the kitchen and they did it!! Can't wait for my next visit. Thanks to all for making it so special for the 3 of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good the second time aroundmahjonggjudyVIPDined on 6/19/2014Lunch was great. Had the scallops and they were excellent. Friendly atmosphere....will visit again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly disappointingLizBVIPDined on 6/15/2014Had a 1pm reservation for Sunday brunch (which is advertised from 10-2). When we went up to the buffet it was empty chaffing dishes and trays of pastries that were mostly depleted. What food was left was unappetizing looking and I expected the dishes to be replaced with more food but most of them never were. The food I did have was not even good and definitely not worth the money for the prix fixe price. I had actually heard great things about Christopher Daniel but I ended up being embarrassed to have taken people there for brunch and will not be going back.
- father's daycloseteaterDined on 6/15/2014Took the family there for father's day. My daughter spilled chocolate milk everywhere and the wait staff was so helpful and immediately stepped in to assist me in cleaning the mess. The food was delicious and the best part was the unlimited mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed.BigBevDined on 6/8/2014The Caesar salad was not very tasty! It was very bland with only 1 crouton. The cucumbers with the Ahi Tuna were not very fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner2tigersDined on 5/30/2014It was our 49th wedding anniversary & son recommended we go there. We had special treatment from our waitress - she was wonderful - & the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Good food. Great service.GreatDined on 5/30/2014Asked for quiet space and got it. Servers were very good. Yummy good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014I loved the atmosphere and he waiter James was excellent. Food presentation was great! Definitely would recommend and I want to go back and visit the martini bar for a happy hourSpecial Features:
- It was ok.mttaylor9VIPDined on 5/25/2014Went for Sunday brunch. The food was very good but the server was very slow and inattentive. They have some of the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had.
- Friendly LunchEasterDined on 5/21/2014Met a friend for lunch. Service was impeccable & spot on. Food was delicious. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- A solidly good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2014Food was very good and the service was very friendly and attentive. The menu had some interesting items, but our group was mainly interested in the steak choices, which were tasty and priced well.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchbrunchfreakDined on 5/18/2014The food was very good. The service was good. Loved the "formal" look. However, I am not a fan of carpet in restaurants. The carpet needs attention and does not match the other decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BarbaraVIPDined on 5/17/2014Our experience was wonderful. Our poor waitress had too many tables and she was stretched too thin. No faught of hers. She was very responsive to our needs, and the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- triochefbarrDined on 5/17/2014Dinner was fantastic! The service was impeccable. We wound up singing "Happy Birthday" Stevie Wonder style to my great friend and another table before we left. I would love to come here and dine again. The food was super fantastic. I guess next time we sing we should get a meal free. Thank you for the experience. Chef BarrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumBeccaDined on 5/16/2014Every time we go to Christopher Daniel, I have to order something different. Everything I have had is amazing. The staff goes above and beyond and you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Ten out of a TenmnelsonaDined on 5/12/2014This was our first time Dining at Christopher Daniel. Everything we ordered from the lamb chops to the tenderloin was perfect. The server couldn't have been more friendly and attentive, without being overly attentive. I am so glad we went here to celebrate a special occasion, it will be a memorable experience.Special Features: