351 Thames St.
Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.christiesofnewport.com/
- Phone: 4018475400
- Hours of Operation:
Friday: 12pm-1am - kitchen open until 1am!
Satuday: 11am-1am - kitchen open until 1am!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Experience seaside cosmopolitan chic. As Newport's newest luxury waterfront venue, Forty 1° North brings contemporary style and Newport sophistication to every occasion. From formal dinner parties to posh cocktail parties, Forty 1° North blends lavish elegance with precision functionality to create the quintessential social experience.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Lindley 401-846-8018
- Special Events: For special event inquiries, please email: email@example.com
A word from Christie's
Christie's transforms eating-out into a fun, hip and playful modern experience, all at moderate prices and always with great value. From the swing seating, to the outdoor dining, to the Neptune chairs and 20 person communal table, there is a fun spot for everyone to eat, drink and lounge. Christie's serves a menu of traditional New England coastal fare, including our Fried Oyster Po'Boy, Stuffies, Baja Fish Tacos, and lighter options such as our Beet Salad or Heirloom Tomoato Salad. Specialty cocktails, like our gin-based Salty Italian Hound, pair well with any dish and our Maker's Mark Adult Root Beer Float is the perfect way to finish an evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Christie's reviews from OpenTable diners
- A little disappointed.SteveDined on 5/28/2013This restaurant, for Memorial Day week was pretty empty. Had been there many years ago and was a little disappointed at this visit. Wouldn't be my first choice next time when in Newport.Special Features:
- Tasty, creative menu, cool jointOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2013Enjoyed the menu selection, creative. Found the restaurant to be an artistic and modern, yet comfortable. Found our dishes to be flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backAlmaVIPDined on 3/2/2013Christie's was a last minute find on a Saturday night in Newport. Excellent cocktails, comfort food on the menu, and a relaxed style makes me look forward to visiting again when we are in Newport for my son's wedding.Special Features:
- Food was very plain and notamgsVIPDined on 1/19/2013Food was very plain and not at all what you would expect from the menu or the style of restaurant. Way too plain and generic.
- Grown up, home cooking.laughlicVIPDined on 1/10/2013Love the fried chicken and french fries. Elegantly presented and cooked divinely.
- Yum!laughlicVIPDined on 12/4/2012The fried chicken was beautifully plated and delicious.Special Features:
- Some food was good ( mussels,BellaDined on 11/10/2012Some food was good ( mussels, dessert). Some food was not ( calamari, salmon was overfilled, sweet potatoes were cold). Drinks were good ( pomegranate martini) Waitress was greatSpecial Features:
- nice wood paneling. PumpkinblueDined on 11/10/2012nice wood paneling. Pumpkin soup was great, pork a bit dry.
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2012We had a party of 9 guests, we were at the community table, and it was a thursday night durng restaurant week. We were surprised it was rather empty. That didn't bother us, we still had a great time, and we were there for a few hours. The only complaint was it was a little hard to find. The skirt steak was better than filet mignon I had elsewhere, incredibly tender and flavorful!Special Features:
- The food is good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012The food is good, but the decor and atmosphere are much more suitable for groups of 20-somethings than an older crowd. Even though it was mostly empty on Friday night of a holiday weekend, we felt somewhat out of place.Special Features:
- Christie's was AWESOME! IOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2012Christie's was AWESOME! I found this restaurant on Open Table and made a reservation solely based on the reviews for a bachelorette party and am glad I did. The food was great (and so were the prices!) and the sangria was delicious. A fun spot for girls' night out and I would look to go back next time I'm in Newport no matter the occasion!Special Features:
- Christie's was simply OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Christie's was simply OK. The food was fair at best and our table of 6 never really was impressed with the overall service, partly because it was quiet when we were there, the time lapses between visits was disappointing. Should you go, have the salmon, which is what I did eat and was delicious. Stay away from the chowder, unless you like it more soupy versus thick and creamy. For the price of the meals, I was hoping for better quality for all the dishes served. A 3 out of 5 stars is an accurate review of our experience.Special Features:
- It's all good!!robing2748Dined on 8/3/2012Love Christy's. We go there whenever we are in Newport. It's all good, service, food, vibe. We'll be back!!Special Features:
- Modern, friendly and good food!LuckyLouieDined on 7/15/2012We loved the decor, the wait staff and the food! We will be back and will recommend to any friend.Special Features:
- Good for a quick bite beforeBeccaDined on 7/14/2012Good for a quick bite before a show. The menu is limited, but food is very good and atmosphere is upbeat and modern. Portions smaller than expected.Special Features:
- Enjoyed sitting at long tableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2012Enjoyed sitting at long table with 12 of us, including kids. Not the best food, but it was pretty good.Special Features:
- Needs re-working.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2012We ate outside but a quick look inside revealed a well thought out decor. Sadly it was the only thing thought out. They seemed to have designed a graphic hip menu and then said "How do we make this stuff?" I enjoy fish tacos but never seen them hard shell (an observation overheard from another diner as well) soft tortilla better choice.. Deviled eggs looked delish, but 3 half eggs? Who ate the 4th half? They served a scalding hot clam-less chowder and while the idea of serving on boards instead of plates is somewhat novel,they should spend more effort on improving the product instead of the presentation. Staff seemed inexperienced and overwhelmed but sincere in their efforts to be of service. Cocktails were very well done.
- Had not been to Christie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/2012Had not been to Christie's in years....now I remember why! We ordered cheese burgers,it was the 4th of July after all .Only problem is that they don't have cheese! They did not run out they just don't offer it. The also brought plenty of tap water to the tables in pretty bottles ,which was fantastic as it was an extremely hot day and the corner we were in had no fan or breeze.When the bill arrived we were surprised there was a charge for tap water! It was not mentioned by our server or on the menu!
- The dinner menu was very POOROpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2012The dinner menu was very POOR - very limited choice
- Great overall experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2012Great overall experience. Good food, good service, good times.Special Features:
- The latest changes to Christie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2012The latest changes to Christie's are a huge disappointment. Southern style Menu is very limited & not inspired. Worse than being boring, execution is middling to poor. Grilled Lamb Ribs ($20) were fatty and not particularly tasty, and sit sadly on the plate (side orders cost $4 or $6 additional)
- Christies has recently beenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/2/2012Christies has recently been reopened and the menu that is posted on Open Table is not the actual menu. There are very limited food choices currently.
- Although the decor is absolutelyemckaeVIPDined on 5/26/2012Although the decor is absolutely gorgeous, the food and drink are moderate at best.
- Worth going in NewportOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/27/2011Very nice, in heart of Newport. Some unique appetizers and dinners. Worth going.Special Features:
- Terrible food. Would ratherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011Terrible food. Would rather eat fat food than come back here again.
- Food to Die ForGuestDined on 11/7/2011Outstanding servies and the food was to die for. Everything was prepared perfectly and was incredibly delicious! We tried three different appetizers and all of them were unique and wonderful. I will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- I have been here several timesDoublebirthdayDined on 11/6/2011I have been here several times before; but this trip, it was not up to par. We waited an hour before anything was served. I made reservations in advance, so Chrisite's should have been prepared for a group of 12.
- Food very bland and pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011Food very bland and prices very high for small potions. I do not recomend.
- The "new" Christies - in theJeffVIPDined on 9/6/2011The "new" Christies - in the space formerly occupied by "The Cheeky Monkey" in Newport - has a good menu and retro-chic / avant-garde decor. I am a regular diner there every time I am in town. This time I was SLIGHTLY disappointed by the service - I felt the wine portions were small and the special request (no fries) on one dinner was not handled as well as it might be - but these are MINOR quibbles in a fun place, with good food, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great food at very reasonablePeterVIPDined on 9/4/2011Great food at very reasonable prices for Newport. Went with a large party (10) and they were able to accommodate us. Service was actually very good.Special Features:
- food was a little flavorless-partyof5Dined on 9/4/2011food was a little flavorless- mahi mahi, I could have grilled better at home. Pricing a bit high for food quality.
- Decent place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011Interesting place but something is always just a bit off it's game.Special Features:
- weird evening due to hurricane.Bridge3Dined on 8/27/2011weird evening due to hurricane. We arrived and other than a wedding party at the bar, were the only customers there. They said it was ok but told us of a mandatory evacuation by midnight. Then, as appetizers came, they told us they needed to close as soon as we were done with dinner....so weird night but not due to anyone's fault. Just an anxious bunch of folks trying to prepare for hurricane and prepare their restaurant. We like this place which is why we come back....
- Great food, fast service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2011Great food, fast service. Chicken kabob was delicious and very flavorful!Special Features:
- Would not choose this againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Would not choose this again for special occasion. Too loud for quiet dinner. Not the old Christie's at all, not even in the same building it used to be. Tried to order two different beers on tap, was out of both had to settle. On the upside, the food was very good, portions small.
- We come here as much as we can!robing2748Dined on 8/7/2011We come here whenever we can.(we come in from St. Louis for the Jazz Fest.) The service is excellent. Our daughter had a preparation request that was quickly figured out and accomplished. This is a really great and consistently delicious place!!Special Features:
- Loud and crazy w/ good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011We had a late reservation not knowing that the place turned into a dance club. As we were trying to eat dinner, people were dancing around our table. It was hard to talk but it was still an okay experience for a young 30's crowd. Food was good, they were 45 minutes late seating us even with a reservation.Special Features:
- It was a cute place, but weTracyDined on 8/6/2011It was a cute place, but we were there rather late on a Saturday, so the bar scene was hopping and kind of overtaking the dining areas. It was quite loud and we ended up sitting outside so we could hear each other. The food was not as good as expected, especially with their burger being ranked one of the top 10 in New England.Special Features:
- Found Christies on a glutenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2011Found Christies on a gluten friendly restaurant list for Newport RI.They really were not aware they had achieved this status.They were however extremely helpful and provided a beautiful steak salad entree for our kid.Excellant service, Great food,friendly staff.Fun venue.Would go again.Special Features:
- Nice Meat at Christie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2011We were lucky enough to dine at Christie's of Newport, RI on a night they had two great specials: The Newport Martini and the Fish Tacos. The decor was interesting and the service was prompt. The only negative is the limited menu. The calamari appetizer was notably excellent, but the rest of the menu was a bit lacking.Special Features: