Christie's Seafood & Steaks
6029 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77057Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Christie's Seafood & Steaks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.christies-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7139786563x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm;
Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm;
Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have large screen TVs in our Bar/Oyster Bar area, completely separate from the Dining Room. We tune in to all major sporting events and news.It's the perfect place to escape for a quick lunch or a leisurely evening watching your favorite team. Sit at the Oyster Bar while we shuck your fresh and delicious oysters. Enjoy Happy Hour Specials Monday- Friday 4-7 and Saturday 11-4
A word from Christie's Seafood & Steaks
Come visit us and enjoy new items! Shrimp Sliders, Crab, Mango and Avocado Stack, Salmon Royale and Rainbow Trout Almondine.Join us for Steak Night every Thursday! Great for groups, families or any day of the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Christie's Seafood & Steaks reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (15)special occasion (14)great for lunch (10)romantic (7)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- patkpatkVIPDined on 10/25/2014Loved it was quiet enough to talk! Loved being able to post on Facebook and get a free appetizer!Special Features:
- A Local Gem!DKP57Dined on 10/1/2014Christie's offers the Southern comfort seafood that I grew up enjoying from the 1960's forward and they offer dishes that meet all the latest diet recommendations. When you consider that food legacy combined with a recently updated wine list, a recently updated decor and a history of impeccable service, you have a true gem of a restaurant. Additionally, I very much appreciate the atmosphere for important business lunches. I can actually hear my dining companions! The location is very convenient and the parking is more than ample. I encourage you to give the restaurant a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Food at BestVitoDined on 9/26/2014The food here was very mediocre. Seafood salad was pathetic, gumbo was skimpy ok the seafood & the dessert was the smallest portion ever. Quality of the food wasn't good - this place needs a major makeover.Special Features:
- old gemmfbardDined on 9/19/2014I had the baby snapper. It was fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyMrswDined on 9/12/2014The fried shrimp is a must! This was our first time at Christies and we will def be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014walked into the restaurant out of necessity but was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and even more so with the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reputation lives on!MargieritaDined on 9/2/2014I took my mother here for lunch for her 83rd birthday. There were 8 in our party and we were quickly seated. The food was just as we had remembered from only coming here on very special occasions throughout our lives. Mom said she hadn't been there in 30 years. Our favorite item was the fried shrimp - good size and not more batter than shrimp - and actually tasted like shrimp. My son got the lobster thermidor, thinking it was a lobster tail with the sauce to dip in, but it turned out to be lobster bites in a bowl of cheesy soup - Not worth the $45 price tag by any stretch of the imagination. The service was wonderful and a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodieDined on 8/31/2014The decor is bland but the food n service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great serviceDinerDined on 8/30/2014Went here for HWR. The selections were good. Chose the steak & shrimp. Shrimp was delicious, steak was good. Baked potatoe dry. Waiter was excellent. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !! Total packageCaviardreamstxDined on 8/29/2014Great food, check. Good service, check. Good drinks,!check. Acceptable for a foodie , check. My husband and I ate here for our anniversary and we both loved it. He is easy to please and I am NOT. I had steak and fried shrimp. He had blackened shrimp with crabmeat, both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to brag aboutfoodfiyarDined on 8/29/2014my lease desirable food place of Restaurant Week. Service was good. Nothing just blew my socks off.Special Features:
- Seriously?TamaraDined on 8/29/2014How has Christie's survived without renovating/updating it's restaurant? So ugly & cheap!! I was expecting so much more. The food however, was incredibly delicious!! Perfect flavor to steak & the fried shrimp were light & melted in my mouth. Bring the decor & ambiance up to par & you'll have a line around the block!
- Good timeLunchgirlsDined on 8/27/2014The service was very good. The food for the most part was good, just not hot enough..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was disappointed with the foodLuvseafoodDined on 8/20/2014I have passed this restaurant for years and heard that there fried shrimp was to die for. The shrimp and the catfish were not tasty and the portions were small. I also found their tartar sauce not to be pleasing. The gumbo was average , but the waitstaff was good.
- Great FindOHwthDined on 8/20/2014I'm a bit ashamed to say I lived in the area and had eaten at every place around Christies but never even noticed the restaurant sitting there. For Houston restaurant week I decided to check it out and was so pleased. Very quiet dimly lit restaurant with great service and on top of that the food is good as well! I will surely recommend the restaurant to friends and family and try it again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I celebrated my 28th Birthday here and the HRW menu had excellent options and big portions. Food was phenomenal and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week delightKellieDined on 8/12/2014Christies seafood and steaks is excellent place for meeting a friend date night dinner. Service was excellent and the food was great I will b going bacjSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodKerieDined on 8/10/2014Had the restaurant week menu. The gumbo I had for the 1st course was a bit disappointing - I have had the real deal in N'Orleans but the Salmon Royale and Chocolate Mousse cake made up for it. Service was comme-ci, comme-ca. Seemed like you had to be a regular to have faster, friendlier service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummySaddenedDined on 8/9/2014Never disappointed. Food and service was great. Its a flashback to my childhood days of the local seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- A great findLittleJamDined on 8/9/2014We tried Christie's as part of the Houston Restaurant Weeks. We had a delicious dinner, great service, and nice ambiance. Love the history behind the restaurant. We'll be back!
- Was not impressedVdayDined on 8/8/2014I had a steak that was not at the right temperature I expected. Medium rare was more like well. Threw me off the whole experience. But i will try again another time as I kinda liked the ambiance and the staff
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/5/2014We have been going to Christie's since I was a little girl. You can always count on excellent service and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CandiceCaZaDined on 7/25/2014Brought the family for the first time and I found myself wanting to go back the next day! The shrimp was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic restaurant holds it ownCactexanDined on 7/25/2014I've lived in Houston all my life (let's just say that's over 50 years) and I've driven past Christie's on Westheimer for the last 45+ years. I had never eaten there before last weekend. The décor (recently renovated) is uncluttered but historic pictures of downtown Houston as well as other areas filled the walls. This is a great place for families. The food is good. Nothing fancy, just reliably good, standard gulf coast seafood dishes. Prices are very reasonable and you can actually have conversations it is so quiet. The service is outstanding and one of our party said they had never had a better dirty martini.Special Features:
- FoodPitmasterDined on 7/14/2014Food was great not very big on portion but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 68 reviews are from the Christie's Seafood & Steaks reviews archive.
- Not to missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014If you are ever in the Galleria area or just outside the Loop do not miss this place! I have been going there for over 20 years and my inlaws who live in Houston since they can even remember! Flounder and Snapper from the Gulf are so fresh and delicious..the oysters and shrimp are a great staple too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodDinerHLMVIPDined on 6/12/2014I enjoy lunch here every month or so. The freshness of the fish is awesome! My favorite is the red snapper blackened with the Opelousas sauce over it. There is more of an older crowd here, but I dont mind since it is close to work and delicious! Service is always great, as well! The gumbo needs a little more heat and flavor profile, but it isnt bad.Special Features:
- BEST FRIED SHRIMP in Houston :))FantasticVIPDined on 5/25/2014They have great Greek salads & fantastic fried shrimp. The quality is consistently excellent over they years. So when we go - we are the youngest ones in the room. But they have been here longer than 95% of the places in Houston - that says a lot. Their other seafood & even steaks are good - but we still always order 12 fried shrimp!! The waiter & waitresses are attentive - Try it -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food although many seniorsSAACVIPDined on 5/17/2014Ambient of seniors, but good food Oysters Thermidor a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cosistantcackieVIPDined on 5/14/2014where to go to get good seafood without all the scene and pushy waiters. If you like the real deal and know good seafood, come here!Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Christie's has been a favorite in my family for decades. It is my absolute favorite restaurant in Houston. The fried shrimp at Christie's are topped by no other restaurant. Everything on the menu is delicious and the staff gives consistently superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsamyandbootzDined on 5/3/2014Had a nice evening there with friends. The service was excellent. Rolls and salads were just okay, the seafood was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood feast!2dinersDined on 3/14/2014My craving for seafood was definitely fulfilled. The fried oysters, shrimp, stuffed crab and the fish were really good. This was my first time and I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time to dineDanielDined on 3/3/2014It was our first time to dine at Christie's. I think the fact that it is the oldest seafood restaturant in Houston is over-rated. We found the menu choices limited, especially on the seafood section. They don't serve "live" lobster??? Overall, we were a little bit disappointed considering it was our first time, and we invited a friend from Paris, France who was looking forward to having a great seafood dinner. Well, at least we tried. Thanks.
- Extremely good service & good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Our waitress was absolutely wonderful. We never had to wait for anything, as she was always one step ahead of the four of us. The food was wonderful. If I had a complaint at all, the wine list could have been a bit larger.Special Features:
- Special Occasion LuncheonForeverFriendsDined on 2/22/2014Three of us (+ 1) have been celebrating our birthdays for almost 30 years. Each year, we have picked a different restaurant and cuisine. Two of us used to frequent Christie's in The Medical Center. I ate at the Westheimer location about 29 years ago on another occasion. Our table awaited us, the waiter was professional, friendly and accommodating, and the food was absolutely delectable. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed our time at Christie;s. I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good food, notMichaelDined on 2/15/2014Nice place, good food, not too pricey, good service, good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had a reservation for 8:15 and arrived about 10 minutes early. We were seated by 8:20. Our server was very nice, patient, and prompt, made no mistakes. The way the staff was, I would have thought the restaurant was new. The food met or even exceeded my expectations and the price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant eveningFoodLoversDined on 2/14/2014Our first visit, but not the last. Even though a lot of people were waiting prior to our arrival, they evidently didn't have reservations. We had a short wait for our table. White linens were on all the tables. We never felt rushed even though the place was full. We had whole flounder and blackened catfish filets. We split a dessert of dark chocolate cake with a white cream filling. Everything was delicious. The music was soft enough to be heard but did not interfere with our conversation. In fact, we were impressed that we didn't hear anyone else's conversation either. It was the kind of quiet dining that we used to have in fine restaurants. As we left, the waiting area was still full. Great dining experience with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Myself and friends ate dinner here for my Bday, it was my first time and have no regrets for choosing this place. It was Good and Cathy and her staff was very great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.