Christian Michael's Ristorante
192 E. Third Street
Chico, CA 95928Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Christian Michael's Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chicochristianmichaels.com/
- Phone: (530) 894-4005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Daily: 4:00pm - 6:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00 pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00 am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Christian Michael
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From just appetizers to full service meals we are here to help. Lunch and breakfast drop-offs and set-ups available. Great for pharmaceutical or office meetings. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private banquet room holds up to 31 people and has a full audio and video system.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Carlos 5308640421
- Entertainment: Early Dine Chef Dinner is $20 for a 3-course meal served everyday from 5:00pm – 6:00 pm. Daily Happy Hour from 4:00pm - 6:00 pm with small plate menu also served in bar all night. Bar food extras include Mama Mia Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, Wine Wednesdays with 25% off all wines. Monthly wine dinners and an extensive wine list with 28 offered by the glass or in flights. Join us to cool off before and after great downtown events including Thursday night farmer’s market and music in the park.
- Special Events: Wine Dinners- Come enjoy a six course dinner paired with exquisite wines.If you wish to be added to our wine dinner invitation list you can like us on face book or ask to be added on your reservation in notes.
A word from Christian Michael's Ristorante
A unique downtown dining experience. Located on the corner of Third and Wall Streets in downtown Chico, Christian Michaels prepares California Cuisine, Italian, Mediterranean, Asian and other seasonal dishes to tempt your palate. Selections include fresh seafood, steak, pasta, salads, desserts, a full bar and an extensive wine selection. Allow us to host your next business luncheon, reception or any other celebration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Christian Michael's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Chico ›
Christian Michael's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- not up to usual paruniquecuisineloverDined on 11/10/2014I have eaten at Christian Michael many times in the past, and usually the high-ish price (for Chico) is justified by the uniqueness and high quality of the entrees and wine selection. This time, my husband and I were disappointed by the meal we ordered (mushroom risotto). The flavors didn't blend well, the dish was overpowered by garlic (which is saying a lot as a garlic lover), and the rice was not well cooked and had not fully absorbed the broth. We make risotto at home quite frequently, and what we were served was undercooked (as if they ran out of time) and definitely not worth $17.00.Special Features:
- Real table cloths!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014The food is always good, if very predictable. Very little change in the menu over the years, and they could work on that, but otherwise dependable and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBritinUSADined on 10/25/2014Nice place to eat, food is really good especially if you order before 6pm and get the chefs special. The foccacio is made there and is lovely. Service was a bit iffy, we had to ask to order drinks, the food order came twice with the wrong dishes. Overall a new place to eat with new staff who need a bit more time to learn. Overall - worth the visit, would go again.
- cadillackidDined on 10/25/2014The appetizer prawns dish was outstanding. My wife's meat was ordered medium rare but was served medium well. My salmon was just so-so. My wife's desert included in the early-bird special was really tiny. (Last time it was abundant.) I skipped desert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionsguestDined on 9/28/2014When we go for a nice dinner, this is where we go. Went there the first time for the Chefs Special Dinner, (the best deal for dinner, if you can get there early). We have now ordered many items from the menu and have enjoyed every meal. The service and ambience are all first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I had an amazing time and a wonderful experience at Christian Michael's. As a first timer, I was quite impressed and will definitely recommend this place to my friends and coworkers. Thank you for a delightful time. My sister's birthday celebration was a treat to the entire table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modest prices; good foodtsaintaDined on 9/27/2014This modestly price place puts a good effort into quality and presentation in a comfortable atmosphere. On balance, our "go to" place for a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- agelessDined on 9/21/2014The last 2 years on our anniversary we have enjoyed dinner at Christian Michaels restaurant and been so full & every thing is just over the top. Already looking forward to anniversary 3 & will also come other times in the year!!Special Features:
- great fun and atmosphereMeredithDined on 9/20/2014My parents were visiting from FL and we took them to Christian Michael's for a fun and enjoyable meal with friends. The service was great and food was excellent!! It was my first time at the restaurant, and I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- One of our favoritesdinefestDined on 9/12/2014Always consistent good food, good service, nice atmosphere and reasonably priced. Very popular bar scene. Excellent for dinner and Sunday brunch. Menu has a nice variety and there are always several items that are appealing. It is one of my favorite places to dine that never disappoints.Special Features:
- Nice for a changeDA54Dined on 9/4/2014Chico is not known for it's numerous fine dining establishments so it was nice to find an alternative to the 5th Street Steakhouse. Although the service was excellent I can't quite give it 5 stars. The food was tasty and maybe for Chico it would be considered 5 stars, we have a broader spectrum on which to rate. I had ahi ahi which was ok, my wife had the seafood ravioli which was pretty good, mustard chicken for daughter and filet for son which was decent. We will come here again as we now feel we have 2 pretty decent restaurants. We've lived and dined around the world so don't let this review sway you if you're simply looking for somewhere good in Chico. It's quite good.Special Features:
- Loved it !contentedlyfullDined on 9/2/2014Our waiter was friendly and was very helpful with the menu choices. We are vegetarians and really appreciated his suggestions. Our food came quickly. The salad was fresh, not the bagged kind, and perfectly dressed. Our entre choices were delicious and very generous. We were there just before closing at 2 so it wasn't too crowded. Everything was clean and our server was very attentive. We would definitely go again for another special occasion. It may be more intimate and romantic at the dinner hour, during lunch time the music was less than romantic. What more can I say. We loved this restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reputation....didn't deliverhansedogDined on 8/31/2014My wife and myself were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to go somewhere with a good reputation for good food, good service, and great ambiance. This was not our first visit, but it had been a long time between visits. Our calamari appetizer and salads (CM house & caesar) were delicious with a very ample portion for the calamari. When it came to our entree's however it was a different story. I had the fillet mignon and my wife had the salmon. We both thought that the food was under seasoned and lacked depth of flavor. When you factor in the cost for both it makes the result even worse. I don't mind paying for quality food...I left unhappy.
- Tedtbob4Dined on 8/29/2014This was our 4th time eating there - have yet to be disappointed. Early evening special menu (ends at 6pm) makes it quite affordable and the free sides you get are well worth the early dinner. The only criticism is that we have had to remind the waiters/waitresses that we had ordered a second drink and by the time it got to us it obvious that it had been sitting for a bit. This has happened on at least two occasions. Chef's know how to cook to specified doneness.Special Features:
- wonderful professional lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Christian Michael's never disappoints! Our server was very professional and made sure our lunch experience was warm and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Chico State Goodbye DinnerfinesmeckerDined on 8/21/2014Took our daughter for a goodbye dinner here. Very fun evening, great waiter and trainee made for a very enjoyable evening. Food was great to good, depending on the entree. Steak a little tough for a filet, but fish dishes were good. I love to cook so fairly picky. Our waiter was very helpful with the wine list, and after some discussion, suggest he provide a taste of one of his favorite. We order a bottle and it was very good. Definitely some room for improvements in the kitchen, but for higher end in Chico not bad and we will return.Special Features:
- Surprise date nightbtriplet3Dined on 8/8/2014My boyfriend picked Christian Michaels for the place to propose marriage to me August, 2014. It was also the only date he has ever planned for us as I do all the planning. He had asked me in the past where would be a great place for a special date and I said Christian Michaels. He had the Salmon and I had Calamari they were fantastic. I also enjoyed the Bacon Bourbon Old Fashion, very good...we finished with the Tiramisu and my proposal...I already want come back and have another great meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 230 reviews are from the Christian Michael's Ristorante reviews archive.
- We are regulars !!flickerguyDined on 7/19/2014The staff is exceptionally friendly helpful and the food is excellent. We just never sit under the circle it is like a microphone...fyi your voice carries under the dome.Special Features:
- Was disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Loved the environment but food was horrible. Fish tasted like rubber, couldn't even break it with a fork. App took 30min and was not worth the wait. Bar seemed nice l, would maybe come back for a drink.
- Anniversary LunchMrPhilmontDined on 7/17/2014Great little spot for a special lunch with my long time partner of 44 years. Food was great and left me full for well...hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 42bluebirdDined on 7/10/2014I made the reservation on line with a special request for a booth and was not disappointed. Food was great..food delivery was a little slow but fortunately we weren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but.......melroseblueDined on 7/5/2014great food & promptly served. But our waiter was a 20 something know it all. Could have done with out the attitude and being treated like a child.Special Features:
- Brief ReviewDiner13Dined on 6/30/2014Food was good, but overpriced compared with its quality. I didn't need/want fast service, as this was our anniversary dinner, but the service was much slower than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchJSBachDined on 6/15/2014Our reserved table was ready. A noisy party thankfully left a few minutes after we arrived. The overal brunch was very good. However the fruit salad (served as an opener) did not taste fresh or look very appetizing. I've found better fruit salads at the super market. The eggs Benedict with crab cake was excellent (although the service was a bit slow).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for large groupJebettDined on 6/15/2014I was having trouble booking a reservation for a large group but this restaurant worked out great. The champagne was flowing, they waitress brought extra strawberry bread which was very good, and everyone thought their food was excellent. It was a memorable Father's Day celebration thanks to Christian Michael's. We will go back.Special Features:
- Great food horrible wait timeBrunchieDined on 6/15/2014The brunch food was amazing, but we had to wait 1.5 hours to get our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesScooterbDined on 6/13/2014Always have a good time at Christian Michael's ! The chefs specials are a great deal.Special Features:
- Smith Familycrc123Dined on 6/7/2014It was a terrific way for my wife and me to share our 28th wedding anniversary. I will reccomend your restuarant to our friends and family. We especially enjoyed our waiter (Noah). I was happy to use the online reservation process which was easy to utilize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Service8itallDined on 5/23/2014Our group of four went for a nice dinner and we got it. My wife and I each had a beef dinner and our friends had a pasta and a chicken meal with salads; no complaints, they were all good. Access to the dining rooms is through the well appointed bar area. By the time we departed, this area was really crowded with people enjoying bar food, drinks and each other’s company; a very busy/crowded scene; Clearly a hot spot. My wife and I have enjoyed Michael’s on several occasions and look forward to our next visit. We encourage you to do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Super ExperiencesrtsVIPDined on 5/17/2014We came here for our son's graduation from Chico State. The food, the wine and the service were lovely and we recommend it to other's traveling to Chico. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerFoodmongerDined on 5/17/20141st off, it was graduation in Chico so the place was packed and very noisy. Waitress was attentive as she could be but service was slow & disjointed. Portion are huge, but quality was mediocre. Would rather have smaller portions & more attention to detail. Crab cakes where excellent.Special Features:
- Just OksteveDined on 5/17/2014Being that we had 5pm reservations and the restaurant was not packed yet, the service was pretty lackluster. The hostess had no idea where to seat us, even though there were many open tables. When our waitress showed up (more than 5 minutes after we were seated) she was pleasant enough with her greeting, but then disappeared for another 10 minutes. When we finally placed our order, it took more than 10 minutes for salads to show up (10 minutes to make a salad? really???) Then, my wife found a ladybug in her salad--grossed her out. Then, the rest of us were very carefully picking through our food afraid of what else we'd find. My entree was good (pork shank) and the other entrees were OK. Not a great grad night dinner experience.
- Go to dinningtsaintaDined on 5/11/2014This is our local "go-to" place for fine dining. Consistently very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!FoodieDined on 5/11/2014This was our 3rd dining experience at Christian Michael's. I made our reservations and was unsure if our special request was received. Christian picked up and assured me it was taken care of. He even went the extra mile and emailed me the special Mother's Day brunch menu. We arrived and were taken immediately to our table. Service was perfect. I ordered the Eggs Benedict with crab. I was delicious. It consisted of a croissant, topped with a crab cake, 2 perfectly poached eggs and covered with a wonderful crab sauce. The brunch served a top notched champagne. This was one of the best brunches that I have ever been to. We will definitely visit this restaurant again. Bravo, Christian Michael's!!Special Features:
- Dinner during prom seasonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014We regret going here during "prom season". Our reservation was for 5pm, made a week in advance and we waited 10 minutes to be seated, while they got our table set-up. We didn't order until 5:40, although we were ready well before then. Our server was great, but I think he had too much to do, which distracted him from little details, like refills of water... The place was full of students dressed for prom, which is a very special time for high schoolers. I'm just making a note to self -- don't go to restaurants during prom season, if you want great service and don't have 2.5 hours to spend on dinner. As always, the food was wonderful, service was ok considering all that he had to juggle. We will be back, but not in the month of May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Christian Michael's.CathyEDined on 4/10/2014First time at Christian Michael's. The food was great, as was the service. I will definitely go there again when in Chico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereDesertsdinerDined on 4/2/2014The restaurant is nicely appointed. The staff was sincere and hard working. The risotto was dry and had many conflicting flavors. The ravioli was tasty but doughy. The salads were good. I might try this spot for lunch and will order something less complex. The restaurant appeared very clean and well appointed.Special Features:
- First seating 3/8/14RfortnerDined on 3/8/2014Pork Medallions where literally flavorless, both my wife and I were astounded like the taste had been pounded out of them. My Salmon was excellent, best mashed potatoes ever and the green beans were good but the pork was disappointing. Service was top notch, table in front of dessert box was a downer even with reservations 3 days in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We loved our entire experience at Christian Michael's. First time being there but it will definitely not be our last!!! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaotic, but food was goodNorthChicoRetiredDined on 3/1/2014Seven friends gathered for dinner on Sat 3/1 The regular chef had died unexpectedly, they had a kitchen fire while we were there, and to top it all off the typically-arrogant Christian-Michaels waiter came back to our table to announce to all assembled that my credit card had been denied (absolutely nothing wrong with my credit card account, upon inquiry by phone on my way home, but unnecessarily embarrassing). To add insult to injury for all the inconvenience, we were offered one tiny crème brulee with 7 spoons to share as a consolation!