Christakis Greek Cuisine
13011 Newport Ave
Tustin, CA 92780Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Christakis Greek Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.christakisgreekcuisine.com/
- Phone: (714) 731-6600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Sarah N. Wallace
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: You are more than welcome to rent out the restaurant for private events. The night of the event will determine the cost of the room fee.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Wallace 7147316600
- Entertainment: The amazing Amir and the fantastic Isamu, both play European music with a certain panache and flair, all while with a comforting sound to the ear.You will feel at home with both of these masterful musicians.
Wednesday Amir 6 to 9 & Thursday, Friday and Saturday Isamu 6 to 9
A word from Christakis Greek Cuisine
On April 1, 1996, Yanoula Christakis Wallace opened the doors of Christakis, a restaurant that represented her homeland and the passion she felt towards her culture. Whether you are looking for a quick lunch or celebrating a special event, Christakis Greek Cuisine is the place to enjoy traditional Greek dishes at a reasonable price. Since 1996, we’ve used only the finest and freshest ingredients to create traditional Greek cuisine. Today, the family at Christakis continues to bring the authentic spirit and warmth of Greece to Orange County.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Christakis Greek Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Tustin ›
Christakis Greek Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (19)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great experienceChatmalDined on 1/25/2014Beautiful ambience! Live entertainment really made a girls' night out feel like a special occasion! Everyone loved the food and wine. Those who'd planned to share, didn't because they liked their own dish so much. Our server was very helpful and attentive to food allergies in our group. The fresh hummus was really good, even all by itself. I'm sure all of us will return soon and continue to spread the word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Christakis!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We discovered Christakis 3 years ago when we first moved to North Tustin from Atlanta, GA . It is hard to find those 'favorite restaurants' after making such a move so we are so pleased to have Christakis right in our area! We love bringing our out of town visitors and local Friends to Christakis. We often dine here with our 4.5 year old as well. The staff is wonderful and the food is fabulous! We would love to keep it our secret but given how crowded it was on Saturday...I guess the word is out. You must try Christakis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new favorites on the menuLinOCDined on 1/14/2014We've all found our favorite dishes at Christaki's and it's hard not to keep ordering them over and over, but this time, with two members of our party new to the restaurant, we branched out and tasted some items that were new to us. The meatballs were tender and savory and are a new favorite. The avgolemono soup is delicious as ever and the appetizer dips are addictive (the trio of hummus, tatziki, and the red spicy dip). The Greek wine paired well with the various dishes. The service was, as usual, attentive and pleasant. We have to drive half an hour to get to Christaki's, but it's always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old schoolOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2014Overpriced for neighborhood place. The food could be more inventive. We found the portions were small.The vegetables (beans)were overcooked. We enjoyed the live music. Atmosphere and lighting were attractive.Menu is tired.We really enjoyed the old vine wine-Altantis from Santorini.Wish the menu was more like the restaurants we encountered on Santorini.
- Wow bright lights!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014The dining area is very small to begin with...Our table was right next to the kitchen. From our chairs the bright florescent lights of the kitchen blinded us. Let create some ambiance here folks! The food was basic but hit the spot. The night's special of sea bass was cooked to perfection, but wonder if it really was "wild". The best part was, my food came to the table hot. Yea! So many restaurants now a days think that it is acceptable to serve luke warm food. Bravo! My husband the lamb lover said, "i would go again, but I wouldn't order the lamb". Nice waiter. Salad was iceberg. Trio app was pretty tasty. The calamari appetizer was huge and unwielding. The rings were large and tough.
- wonderful staffcinderooDined on 12/28/2013Excellent Greek food with a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Although I live in Los Angeles, this restaurant was recommended to me and I would like to return again in the future.Special Features:
- Great B-day Partyinfo4youDined on 12/27/2013We enjoyed every minute with our party of 12. Service and food is always fantastic... Enjoy dinning with an international feel. Lunch or dinner, great soups, salads and the best Gyro with the freshest ingredients. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, outstanding!LuvNoTuVIPDined on 12/26/2013My wife and I dine here fairly often, I come for the lamb she usually gets chicken or something else. We brought a relative who never had lamb as this is THE place to experience it for the first time. Christakis did not disappoint!! As always it was so good I almost do not want to share with others for fear the restaurant gets too popular. In any case it was outstanding and Mike treated us as well as any waiter possibly can. Kudos!!Special Features:
- not special, not really goodAdventurousDined on 12/14/2013My husband and me arrived to the place exited and looking to enjoy a good dinner but we were very disappointed.the food portions extremely small, the salad wasnt special, didnt taste greek. The trio was really good but the plate combo we dont recommend it because the veggies were overcoked, the rice with no favor and the pasta was cold with no flavor at all. We were looking for a nice experience with a nice dinner. We were disappointed on the food quality and portions. The place its nice and the service its really good.
- Loved it! We are Greek andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Loved it! We are Greek and finally found an authentic restaurant in the area. We will definitely dine at Christakis again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time my wife and IOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2013Second time my wife and I dined there. The first time, everything was first rate. The second time, the food wasn't quite as good. Overall, however, a quaint little restaruant. Our wine was excellent, server was nice, guitarist was also nice. Food was good, but not great.Special Features:
- Avgolemono always a hitLinOCDined on 11/16/2013The avgolemono soup with rice, chicken and lemon is delicious and I always look forward to it, as well as the hummus. Funnily enough the green beans are super good too--they are not usually the star of the show, but everybody in my party of 6 was talking about them, even my 12 year old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Greek Island mini-vacationLFgirlDined on 11/11/2013Had lunch with a couple of girlfriends. We sat outside in the sunshine and enjoy ourselves thoroughly. Got a free appetizer for making a reservation - pita with several dips. Everything was tasty and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic GreekjimCDined on 11/8/2013We love Greece and their food. This is the most authentic we have found in Orange CountySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond....TustinfoodieDined on 11/3/2013There were 5 of us and we were extremely late for our reservation. They had room for us and allowed us to come anyway. We closed the restaurant and could not have been treated better - gracious host, tasty wine, excellent food, cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's 98 BirthdayRayDDined on 10/26/2013Took my Mom out for her 98th birthday. I used to eat here a couple of times a year, but that was years ago. Normally take my Mom out to Las Brisas for her birthday but I decided to try something different, I checked out some other restaurants but the reviews were horrible, then I remembered Christakis, I think they upgraded the wine list, it was pretty decent and several wines by the glass too. Same family has been operating this place for years. We ate on the patio and normally my Mom will not eat outside, but they have the patio heaters and the ambiance and service were outstanding Food is great esp. for health conscience people but tasty too. They had a guitarist, it was really mellow. I will be back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the falafel dish!Mthede1VIPDined on 10/14/2013Food was great! Service was a little slow but they were short staffed. Still worth the wait. Gyro's were delicious as well! We will definitely visit Christakis again soon!Special Features:
- Family run gem!CoachGVIPDined on 9/21/2013We've been customers for over 20 years, and love this place. I'm Armenian, so the flavors so similar to my childhood take me home. They are very consistent with quality meat and seafood. But, it's the family love that transcends this place, and makes everyone feel at home and cared about. Hidden in a little center, it really is a gem. Hope you can be there some night when an amazing classical guitarist plays Rodrigo-heaven.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2013It has been awhile since we have eaten here. Although the food was good, I feel the quality of food wasn't as good as the last time we were there. The moussaka was good, but not much eggplant was used. More potato than eggplant. Green beans were soggy. The baklava was very good. The Greek custard pie was also very good. These seemed to be home made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real dealTburgerDined on 9/13/2013In search of Greek food for 5 years since moving to California to no avail. This place is a winner winner chicken dinner! Saganaki, dolma, lamb chops and all that is Greek! So many places are Mediterranean with a little Greek influence but this place is Greek with Greek influence! I felt as if I was back in Chicago off Halsted in Greek town again. Our server was the owner so the passion is there. Also, my girlfriend loved (an understatement ) the hummus. In fact, she loved it so that after dinner she had me order more to take home. All in all, the place is the real deal. Oh yeah and the lemon soup will make you thank god for taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Outdoor ExperienceichibanVIPDined on 9/3/2013Really quaint outdoor layout. With the fountain and string of lights, the garden was quite romantic. The hummus is excellent here! I love it, truly. The rest of the food is somewhat hit and miss. None of the dishes really captured me, there was always a flavor intertwined that did not work for me of the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Greek cuisine!LuvNoTuVIPDined on 8/23/2013I have lived in NoTu (North Tustin) for 25 years and this has always been a special place for my wife and I. Love it, love it, love it. The BEST lamb around, Neuiport 17 is steps away but their lamb does not compare. This is a classic Greek restaurant with nothing bad on the menu, except perhaps the classic Greek style green beans....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation dinner with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2013What a great find. The food is incredible. Very authentic. The service was perfect and the atmosphere was charming and cozy. It was a perfect evening. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Greek experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2013The food was outstanding. Definately recommend ending with Greek coffee and baklava.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2013Excellent authentic Mediterranean cuisine in a very relaxed and quite ambient. Excellent fit for Business lunch or Dinner with family and friends. Very courteous service. They have a guitarist playing instrumental classic music in the evenings form Thursday to Sunday. My wife,friends, and business associates loved this place and we strongly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningEnjoylifeDined on 6/16/2013Christakis Greek Cuisine is a great find! I loved the casual atmosphere. We went with the idea of having a lamb dish, because all the revues said they had the best lamb anywhere. The server also said the lamb was the best. And it was true! Can't wait to go back! Excellent food, excellent service, excellent experience!Special Features:
- A little piece of Greece in TustinOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2013When you first enter the restaurant you see the articles and awards posted on the wall. The reason for this is obvious when you taste the food. The food is authentic because the owner is from Greece. The lemon, chicken and rice soup was amazing. The stuffed bell pepper dish was enough for two meals. We will have to come back and try the baklava next time.Special Features:
- Friendly, family owned localWhatsferlunchVIPDined on 5/31/2013Friendly, family owned local gem. After several visits, we have always found the food flavorful, with decent portions. We have noticed, however, that the side dishes tend to be overcooked and mushy. Many nights feature live entertainment (alternating classical guitarist and dancer), which are pleasant enough. They also feature a nice open air patio area, which is very nice.Special Features:
- Lamb is best ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2013Our group (husband, 7yr old, and myself) dined at Christakis for dinner. I am a lamb fan and I order lamb chops quite often at many high end restaurants so I ordered the Christakis combo which came with lamb chops, pastitsio, and dolma. The chops were the best chops that I have ever had. They were mild (no hint of gaminess), tender, and juicy with good flavor. The pastitsio was also very good. My husband and son both ordered the gyros which they enjoyed but my husband did not think were anything special. My son is a picky eater and ate almost all of his. I look forward to going back and trying the mousaka but only if I find someone to go with who will order the lamb and share else I may need to order two entrees for myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of fresh choices thatMadiganTDined on 5/10/2013A lot of fresh choices that delighted my taste buds. I had a hard time making up my mind. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was wonderful. PlaceJustOkDined on 5/7/2013Service was wonderful. Place is small and quante. Food was good. Overall, had a nice time with family and would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Traditional Greek CuisineDMR77VIPDined on 3/29/2013Located in a small shopping, you get the impression Christakis is just another place for quick meal. It is far from that. They serve excellent, home cooking style, authentic Greek food. Starting with the Villager salad, which is a real Greek salad – it does not have lettuce like the American version. The stuffed vegetables are something else. They are not on the regular menu and every time I come here I hope it is one of the specials. Even if they are not on the menu that day, you can’t go wrong with any of the dishes. Christakis is family owned and the family members provide friendly service and let you feel you are part of the family. They have live music on the weekend and the décor in the cozy dining room is very nice. Highly recommSpecial Features:
- We haven't been to ChristakisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2013We haven't been to Christakis for several years. Our recent visits (two in the past month) have shown a marked improvement. Delicious Greek food and very friendly and helpful service. The specials were especially noteworthy, as was the selection of Greek wines.