Christakis Greek Cuisine
13011 Newport Ave
Tustin, CA 92780Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Christakis Greek Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.christakisgreekcuisine.com/
- Phone: 7147316600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Sarah N. Wallace
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: You are more than welcome to rent out the restaurant for private events. The night of the event will determine the cost of the room fee.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Wallace 7147316600
- Entertainment: The amazing Amir and the fantastic Isamu, both play European music with a certain panache and flair, all while with a comforting sound to the ear.You will feel at home with both of these masterful musicians.
Wednesday Amir 6 to 9 & Thursday, Friday and Saturday Isamu 6 to 9
A word from Christakis Greek Cuisine
On April 1, 1996, Yanoula Christakis Wallace opened the doors of Christakis, a restaurant that represented her homeland and the passion she felt towards her culture. Whether you are looking for a quick lunch or celebrating a special event, Christakis Greek Cuisine is the place to enjoy traditional Greek dishes at a reasonable price. Since 1996, we’ve used only the finest and freshest ingredients to create traditional Greek cuisine. Today, the family at Christakis continues to bring the authentic spirit and warmth of Greece to Orange County.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Christakis Greek Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (13)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- luckyroseDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our first visit here and will return soon. The food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Greek food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Lamb chops were excellent! Service was friendly! You feel like you've come to visit at a Greek family's homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGreateatsDined on 8/22/2014If you like Greek food, you must try Christakis restaurant! The food is delicious and savory. From the appetizers to the soup, salads, entrees and desserts, every course is outstanding. My husband and I dine here at least once a month, and comment after every bite how great the flavors are! We always bring our out of town guests here for a special treat and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Owned GemTomMDined on 8/17/2014I have eaten at Christakis 6 times now. Every meal has been very good. The service has always been outstanding and the family that runs the restaurant are fabulous. If the weather is nice I suggest dining on the patio.Special Features:
- Its All Greek To MeCoachGVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been going to this place for 35 years and the family has maintained the taste , selection and value while striving to keep up the friendly atmosphere. Don't miss this experience. Best greek in Orange CountySpecial Features:
- Great find.TryanewrestaurantDined on 8/16/2014We went there to try out something new and thoroughly enjoyed the food and dining experience. Just nice relaxed casual outdoor sitting area with water fountain, clean tables with white table cloth, comfortable chairs, and real live acoustic guitar music. I thought it was recorded music but there was a live guitarist sitting around the corner by indoor dining area. Just to top it off the food was really great. No matter how great the ambience if the food is bad I don't go back but this restaurant is worth returning just to try out different menu. I'm not a Greek and don't know much about Greek food other than gyros but walked out of there feeling I got a taste of what Greek is all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gent60ishDined on 8/1/2014quite good reasonably price for the food and atmosphere definably make reservations ask for outsideSpecial Features:
- eileenDined on 7/24/2014consistently excellent - couple by couple, we are bringing all our friends.Special Features:
- Great Rack of Lamb!VasiliDined on 6/15/2014Stick with the exceptional Greek cuisine at this restaurant. The specials were not Greek and not exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not like!!AlbaDined on 6/15/2014Food was not good, far from Greek tasting... The music was terrible,so sad... Greek are happy places!!ibwill ever come back norbrecommendbthis place to any body.
- Instant FavoritemattehawkDined on 6/4/2014My wife and I have a short list of favored restaurants that we frequent for any occasion. After finally getting a chance t dine at Christakis, we have a new favorite on our list. The service is excellent, and the staff is very friendly and personable. The food was excellent, and the wine list is diverse enough to suit your any palate. I'm always on the lookout for really good baklava. I buikt a love for it when I was about 4, and theirs is superb. I've been here a few times now, tried different dishes and wines, lunch and dinner, inside and outside, and Christakis deserves the top rating in every regard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the Christakis Greek Cuisine reviews archive.
- degostallionVIPDined on 5/17/2014OK, Food was great..... Service was rushed.... very quiet......Special Features:
- excellent Greek cusinecadavevDined on 5/11/2014Since moving to ca from NY 19 yrs ago few Greek restaurant have measured up. This one did food was fantastic. The baklava for desert was not saw dust it was amazing like my grandmother used to make. The Moussaka and soulvaki were excellent. Great service and great prices will drive me back to this restaurant. If you want a good meal this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authenticRinkaDined on 5/6/2014Great, authentic greek food in a caring, family, atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014i had dinner a few weeks ago and the food was great. this time, i had the chicken gyro with salad. the chicken was dry like jerky. the waitress switched it out for lamb which was much better. i thought there should be more lettuce and vegetables in the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of foodDisappointedDined on 4/27/2014Our party had different entrees, but the food was not flavorful at all. It used to be much better than it was on this visit.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014The service was wonderful... And timing for food delivery was perfect. The food was served so hit, a pleasant change from most restaurants! Lamb chops were so nicely seasoned!! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek FestbfjetsetterVIPDined on 4/9/2014Our group of four was delighted by the friendly service and outdoor dining area. The lovely guitar music was a plus, though we understand the music is livelier on the weekends. Overall, the food was quite good. Our personal palates have lots of experience with Greek food and a few items were a bit bland for us, but there was nothing wrong with them. The menu has lots to choose from and we will return without hesitation to enjoy some of the other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek food worthy of the godsMohrysDined on 4/8/2014If you love Greek you'll love Christakis! They do EVERYTHING superb but you absolutely must try their house salad dressing - the color and flavor are amazing!! Try it..you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Service & Good Foodtw3retireeDined on 3/10/2014A very nice little place with very good and friendly service. An excellent menu with good diversity. Some really tasty items. Try the salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentNodinewhinerVIPDined on 3/7/2014With every course and every visit this place delivers. For those of you who don't like the noise and spectacle of belly dancing, then maybe this isn't your place for a weekend dinner. Otherwise, very worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opa!TinaDined on 3/1/2014The food at Christakis is amazing. I had the Mousaka, which was laced with subtle spices and a bechamel sauce that was almost mousse-like in consistency. Lovely flavor and texture. My friend enjoyed the Pastitsio, which he said was the best Greek mac & cheese ever. The guitar player added just enough music to enhance the experience, but not so loud that it interfered with conversation. Overall, a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeWillieDined on 2/14/2014we had a wonderful dinner with impeccable service.Special Features:
- Authentic Greek FoodGreekGirlDined on 2/7/2014We visit Christakis' often. The food is always consistently good and very good service. It is a family owned and operated restaurant that values its customers and the quality of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, friendly restaurantOTaurusDined on 2/4/2014Food was ok but a little bit on the expensive side. My husband & I were not very impress of their falafel. It was very grainy & dry. The rack of lamb was great but I think the best thing we had in their menu was their hummus & pita bread. Service was good. The servers were very friendly & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014This restaurant is amazing! The food is wonderful - not a bad thing on the menu. The dolmades are the best I've had, the hummus is smooth and flavorful and the baklava is a must have. Just a great family owned restaurant - they are kind, accommodating and attentive. We will be back again and agaim'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner & wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014My boyfriend and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner here on a Friday night. They had an incredible guitarist playing nice background music, suitable for the environment. We definitely feel like you get the money's worth of food & the service was great! The Lamb is a must-delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodBaseballDadDined on 1/26/2014We went there to celebrate my parents birthdays. We had a group of 9, and when we arrived, we were immediately seated to a table that that was especially prepared for our group. We were warmly greeted and were allowed to get all situated before service began. Things weren't rushed, which allowed us to enjoy our time together and our meal. The food was tremendous, and have a great wine list to go with their menu. Everything tasted so fresh. Everyone in our group loved it, and all want to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Authentic Greek!BdayDinner2014Dined on 1/25/2014I had a delightful dining experience here for my husband's birthday dinner. The pita bread & taramosolata appetizer was incredibly yummy. It was really hard to save room for the main course! Also loved the moussaka; it was perfectly spiced and delicate -- not overly starchy like at some other restaurants. Most of all, we loved the atmosphere. The quiet outdoor patio has a gentle fountain and lots of greenery dotted with soft white lights. The heaters by each table made it comfortable even in January. The service was warm and attentive without being intrusive. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChatmalDined on 1/25/2014Beautiful ambience! Live entertainment really made a girls' night out feel like a special occasion! Everyone loved the food and wine. Those who'd planned to share, didn't because they liked their own dish so much. Our server was very helpful and attentive to food allergies in our group. The fresh hummus was really good, even all by itself. I'm sure all of us will return soon and continue to spread the word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Christakis!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We discovered Christakis 3 years ago when we first moved to North Tustin from Atlanta, GA . It is hard to find those 'favorite restaurants' after making such a move so we are so pleased to have Christakis right in our area! We love bringing our out of town visitors and local Friends to Christakis. We often dine here with our 4.5 year old as well. The staff is wonderful and the food is fabulous! We would love to keep it our secret but given how crowded it was on Saturday...I guess the word is out. You must try Christakis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new favorites on the menuLinOCDined on 1/14/2014We've all found our favorite dishes at Christaki's and it's hard not to keep ordering them over and over, but this time, with two members of our party new to the restaurant, we branched out and tasted some items that were new to us. The meatballs were tender and savory and are a new favorite. The avgolemono soup is delicious as ever and the appetizer dips are addictive (the trio of hummus, tatziki, and the red spicy dip). The Greek wine paired well with the various dishes. The service was, as usual, attentive and pleasant. We have to drive half an hour to get to Christaki's, but it's always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old schoolOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2014Overpriced for neighborhood place. The food could be more inventive. We found the portions were small.The vegetables (beans)were overcooked. We enjoyed the live music. Atmosphere and lighting were attractive.Menu is tired.We really enjoyed the old vine wine-Altantis from Santorini.Wish the menu was more like the restaurants we encountered on Santorini.
- Wow bright lights!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014The dining area is very small to begin with...Our table was right next to the kitchen. From our chairs the bright florescent lights of the kitchen blinded us. Let create some ambiance here folks! The food was basic but hit the spot. The night's special of sea bass was cooked to perfection, but wonder if it really was "wild". The best part was, my food came to the table hot. Yea! So many restaurants now a days think that it is acceptable to serve luke warm food. Bravo! My husband the lamb lover said, "i would go again, but I wouldn't order the lamb". Nice waiter. Salad was iceberg. Trio app was pretty tasty. The calamari appetizer was huge and unwielding. The rings were large and tough.
- wonderful staffcinderooDined on 12/28/2013Excellent Greek food with a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Although I live in Los Angeles, this restaurant was recommended to me and I would like to return again in the future.Special Features:
- Great B-day Partyinfo4youDined on 12/27/2013We enjoyed every minute with our party of 12. Service and food is always fantastic... Enjoy dinning with an international feel. Lunch or dinner, great soups, salads and the best Gyro with the freshest ingredients. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, outstanding!LuvNoTuDined on 12/26/2013My wife and I dine here fairly often, I come for the lamb she usually gets chicken or something else. We brought a relative who never had lamb as this is THE place to experience it for the first time. Christakis did not disappoint!! As always it was so good I almost do not want to share with others for fear the restaurant gets too popular. In any case it was outstanding and Mike treated us as well as any waiter possibly can. Kudos!!Special Features:
- not special, not really goodAdventurousDined on 12/14/2013My husband and me arrived to the place exited and looking to enjoy a good dinner but we were very disappointed.the food portions extremely small, the salad wasnt special, didnt taste greek. The trio was really good but the plate combo we dont recommend it because the veggies were overcoked, the rice with no favor and the pasta was cold with no flavor at all. We were looking for a nice experience with a nice dinner. We were disappointed on the food quality and portions. The place its nice and the service its really good.
- Loved it! We are Greek andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Loved it! We are Greek and finally found an authentic restaurant in the area. We will definitely dine at Christakis again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time my wife and IOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2013Second time my wife and I dined there. The first time, everything was first rate. The second time, the food wasn't quite as good. Overall, however, a quaint little restaruant. Our wine was excellent, server was nice, guitarist was also nice. Food was good, but not great.Special Features: