Chris Michael's Steakhouse
40 Oakwood Ave
Woodbridge, NJ 07095Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Chris Michael's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chrismichaelsnj.com/
- Phone: 7326345355
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Mon-Fri 11:30am-4pm
Dinner Mon-Thurs 4pm-11pm
Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm & Dinner 3pm-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Small rooms seating about 12 to 15 or semi private area as part of the restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Claudio Paula 7326345355
- Entertainment: DJ's in the lounge on Thursdays till 2AM, Fridays and Saturdays nights till 3AM.
A word from Chris Michael's Steakhouse
Chris Michael's is a restaurant & lounge featuring steak and sushi, East meets West. A traditional American Steakhouse using wet aged, corn-fed USDA Prime beef served on a 450 degree plate. Our wine list has a great portfolio between old and new world with a great representation and selection for every wine enthusiast. After dinner you are welcome to walk over to our sophisticated modern lounge, enjoy one of our many signature cocktails while listening to our DJ mix the hottest music. Private rooms in the lounge are also available upon request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chris Michael's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Woodbridge ›
Chris Michael's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)good for groups (13)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (5)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- LadyshannonDined on 8/13/2014We had early reservations and were seated on time when we arrived. Food and service was great. The resturant did start to fill up a little as we were leaving, but still noy too crowded. We had a great meal, a great time and plan to return.Special Features:
- TheBigGuyVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food, wine and service was wonderful, as always. This place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night datebirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/1/2014We finally decided to use a Chris Michaels gift card that we received. Seafood salad in a martini glass and fried calamari were both enjoyable with average pricing. Entrees of surf and turf, 8 ounce filet mignon/ 6 ounce lobster tail price point $48+, not the quality of beef I expected. Lobster cooked perfectly but lacked flavor. Our other entree, bone in filet mignon price point $48+ was far more tender than my filet. Both entrees, priced over $48, should have come with complimentary vegetables. Dessert, 5 small cannoli, sparsely filled with ricotta cheese cream, not really a great choice. A bottle of Caymus cabernet 2011 was way overpriced compared to other high end restaurants we frequent. There are better options for fantastic steak.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Been there many times. This was the first time the steak was terrible nService was good, wine was fantastic. Very disappointed with meal.Special Features:
- SamrieDined on 7/18/2014Exellent experience, wouldn't change a thing... definatley planning to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a 4 or 5 starOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2014We went on a Saturday night and when we arrived the place was empty. Found the service to be adequate. Food was presented well but overall taste was average. Would I go back, probably not...
- City Quality without the RideFairExchangeDined on 6/27/2014Food was excellent and the services was steller. I have read a few reviews that provided bad misinformation about the details of the experience. Service staff was excellent. Our glasses were constantly refilled with the pitcher of white sangria(fantastic I add) we ordered for the table. The suggestions made by our server were precise and accurate. We were not charged a parking fee, which many have reported. Lastly, I forgot my glasses at the table and our server quickly retrieved them before we were able to depart. Might I add the Lobster Mac and cheese was phenomenal.( A little pricey, but certainly worth it) As I was told, "Fair exchange is no robbery"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business lunchIdontreviewoftenDined on 6/25/2014We had a nice business lunch here recently. Requested a table away from others so we could have privacy and we were perfectly positioned in a nice spot. The food and service were great. We were paced well and did not feel rushed or like we were holding anyone up. The lunch crowd seemed very business like though we could see it being a nice evening restaurant to have a good steak dinner and a nice bottle of wine. I had filet tips that were cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationBirthdayDined on 6/24/2014The Family had my Birthday dinner here and we had a great evening!Special Features:
- Best Steak & Service!HonestlyDined on 6/14/2014Took my husband and daughter here for Father's Day. We had been here previously so I knew we would be happy. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious and to top it off the owner actually checked on us before, during and after our meal. He then sat down with us and we had a great conversation and he introduced us to something called ice wine which was delicious. I'm glad I got a chance to try it there cause when I went and tried to by it myself at my local liquor store it was like $60 and the bottle was so small and skinny it only had a glass full in it. This is a place that unfortunately we can't afford to eat here all the time but when we can go we enjoy it immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. . waiter not so goodstradformanDined on 6/14/2014It's always a pleasure to eat at Chris Michael. . I took my wife for her birthday & everything that had eaten that was outstanding. . Only problem was the waiter, he did not check on us to see if everything was fine.. We ordered a glass of wine he didn't remember I put the order in for it.. we had finished with our meals & waited to see him to ask for the check. . He never came around, we asked the manager to get our check.. (Wich by the way did a great job & checked on us with a smile)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemMPaulJCVIPDined on 6/11/2014WOW! The menu looked good but the location seemed odd; still, we gave it a try. Am I glad we did! I have dined out extensively for business for 20 plus years, both stateside & abroad, and I would put Chirs Michael's on my top 10 list. The duck breast orange and sea bass were subtle, flavorful, and elegant. Truly satisfying. Our server Andres was as good as a professional server can get, right down to acknowledging my wife's birthday in a low-key manner per my reservation request. Don't waste your time at Ruth's Chris or Morton's, or even one of the fine New Brunswick restaurants. Go to Chris Michael's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheBigGuyVIPDined on 6/7/2014As always, a fine meal that is consistently great. Wine list is also impressive. You cannot go wrong eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is greatDoc255VIPDined on 6/6/2014Large selection on the menu-and not just steaks! Seafood is A++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodArtFormEdisonDined on 6/4/2014The food was excellent. Our party of 6 choose from all type of cuisine, Steaks, Italian, Fish to Seafood. All commented on how they enjoyed their meals. The appetizer selection was also varied from salads to seafood. All choices were very good. Will definitely come again.Special Features:
- YESCarlosNevesDined on 5/31/2014Great atmosphere; Good Food; Freindly People; Good Music; Nice BarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulShanDined on 5/31/2014Chris Michael's was recommended to us by a friend for data night. It was a wonderful experience, the porterhouse was great as were the creamed spinach and sangria. My only negative is we didn't have room for dessert :( Oh well, next time. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!njswedeVIPDined on 5/15/2014I have eaten here many many times and it has always been very good....however, not so good this time. First - it was freezing cold in the restaurant and we were seated in a less than desirable table. The service took EXTREMELY long and I had to ask for a piece of lemon three times! When the food came out, my guest was unpleasantly surprised when there were only two very small crab cakes on a plate, when she ordered the crab cake lunch. The server apologized and said it was his fault, but the only thing he did was bring out a plate of fries - when she was already finished with the crab cakes. Little things like asking for the dressing on the side...but it did not arrive that way made for a frustrating experience.
- Good steakNocookingVIPDined on 5/5/2014If you want a good steak or beef dish, excellent choice, but it a little expensive. It was a quiet night in the restaurant and the service could have been much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014My dining experience at Chris Michaels is the same as always...SUPERB! The food, staff, ambience were all fab and that is the reason I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 261 reviews are from the Chris Michael's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Win and LoseBirthdayDined on 4/28/2014The Steaks were amazing! The server was terrible! He took it upon himself to change the way I ordered my steak I ordered Medium he changed it to Medium rare. It was difficult to get him back to the table for drinks and even dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinnerJamesDined on 4/26/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great service. We had a toddler with us and the entire staff made us very comfortable and were obliging to the needs of our young diner.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in TownMrsDDined on 4/18/2014Great restaurant. Visited with hubby and we both ordered the Chris Michael rib eye. Perfectly cooked, juicy and full of flavor. Our waiter was excellent and valet was courteous. Definitely our favorite steakhouse in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, wine and serviceTheBigGuyVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food, wine and service is always top-notch. You cannot find many more consistently fine restaurants than Chris Michael's, and for some reason, you are usually able to get a reservation on Saturday night whenever you call. This is a true gem,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, even better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/18/2014We celebrated our son's 30th birthday with a dinner for him and his wife at Chris Michael's. The food was delicious with each steak being cooked to order and the sides plentiful enough for the table to share. We also were lucky enough to have Jose as our waiter who service was impeccable - friendly, timely and efficient. We were not rushed and my son and his wife had a great time which was a treat in and of itself since they are usually tied down at home raising our 3 year old grandson. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night diningrusiaDined on 2/23/2014This was an excellent choice for Sunday evening dining. This restaurant which ordinarily is very noisy was quiet and we could leisurely enjoy our dinner. The food was good, I am not always in favor of everything be a la carte. I would have preferred to have some side with our entree, if for no other reason that it looks solitary on the plate. We enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014We've been here many times, love that it's in the neighborhood. Sushi was good, not great. A little warm and shrimp tempura was overfried. Salad fresh. Rolls fresh. Steaks were excellent. Delicious rib eye, and bone-in filet mignon. Service excellent. We dined early around 6, CM gets a later crowd which was terrific (nice & quiet...). Recommend and will revisit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchMLopezVIPDined on 2/16/2014Everything was great, except when i made the reservation, i requested to be away from exterior doors, and away from foot traffic. we were seated next to the kitchen door, with a direct path to the front door. we felt the cold breeze every time the front door was openedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Good food, but expensive. Service was not as good as previous trips to the restaurant. Didn't write down our orders and the waitress made a few errors (brought the wrong sushi roll and side dish!) We also informed them that it was our anniversary and were hoping they'd acknowledge it but didn't. Would still go back for the food - my husband loves their steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decline..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I have been frequenting this restaurant for a while now.. While I am used to the noise level, the busting atmosphere, I will never get used to being seated at a table that is isolated and so secluded that the waiter continually forgot about us... We had to ask several times for the bread.. had to wait longer than usual for our order to be taken and after we were served, we were basically forgotten, unless we flagged over our waiter.. Suffice it to say that my husband wants me to find a new "favorite" restaurant.. No bueno!!
- Be prepared to stand on your feet!motorclubDined on 2/14/2014Horrific waiting time for a restaurant that takes reservations. If your not "in" with an employee here be prepared to wait for at least an hr before being seated. They will lie to you and tell u the wait time is only 10 minutes! Second time they did this to me, will never return. The food wasn't bad but the service was terrible as well. Very slow waiters that never check on you. Took them 30 minutes to bring our drinks!
- Do not pick this restaurantFlaxDined on 2/14/2014Do not pick this restaurant for a Valentine's Day. Pre Fix was really bad 55$per person. Menu item read scallops but in actuality there was 1 scallop on a large plate. Our dinner was at 730 we got sat on time but we had to wait for 30-40 between each course. Very poorly organized.
- Never AgainWeldonDined on 2/14/2014Been here twice before on Valentines Day and have been satisfied with everything, but after this years experience, we will never go back. To start, they changed and went to a fixed menu this year. There were about 4 choices for appetizers and main course and 2 dessert choices for a set fee of $55 per person. Both my wife and I were upset with that. Maybe it was to limit the choices the kitchen had to cook and speed thing up, but no, we sat down at 7:30pm and didn't leave until 11pm. 25 minutes to take our drink order. 20 min after to take food order at 8:15. "Seared Scallop(s)" came with ONE scallop on a plate at 9pm! Dinner came out at 10:15!!! 2 tables next to us were going through the same experience. Over booked or under staffed!Special Features:
- Even though I had a 10pm reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Even though I had a 10pm reservation, I still waited about an hour which was fine because it was NYE and they had a terrific bar in the waiting area, not to mention great music coming from the lounge area. The food was great, the service was fast, the sushi was fresh, and they even gave out a free champagne toast at midnight! I would definately come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration!DJBraxDined on 12/31/2013Had a great New Year's Eve dinner. Food was excellent! Service was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall food was good butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013overall food was good but i felt they were rushing us because it was new years eve, received main course before we were finished with our appetizers. restaurant wasn't even crowded. would go back but maybe not on a holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/20/2013The only thing that I didn't like is we had a 9:15 reservation and got seated at 10...Special Features:
- I attended the lunch withTeambuildingDined on 12/20/2013I attended the lunch with my co-workers, we each decided to have the Crab Cakes, must say they were not very good, and pretty much ruined my lunch. I would recommend you finding another receipe or taking this off the menu.Special Features:
- Delicious!LTILunchDined on 12/13/2013We had our holiday lunch at Chris Michael's recently and the food was once again outstanding! This is our 2nd year dining with Chris Michaels for our holiday lunch and the food and services are great!Special Features:
- BDAY CELEBRATIONyayaeo1986Dined on 11/30/2013This was our 2nd time dinning at the restaurant; the service was excellent and the food was very good. The atmosphere was inviting with just enough surronding noise. The only complaint I have is I mentioned it was hubby's bday, but that was NOT acknowledged.Special Features: