Chops Steakhouse - El Conquistador Resort
1000 Ave El Conquistador
Fajardo, PR 00738Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chops Steakhouse - El Conquistador Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elconresort.com/Things-to-Do/Dining/Fine-Dining/Chops-Steakhouse
- Phone: 7878631000x67
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Puerto Rican
- Executive Chef: Donovan Campbell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night
- Private Party Facilities: For a more exclusive dining experience private dining rooms are available for gatherings of 8 to 100 people. Whether you are looking to host an executive dinner or celebrate a special occasion our private dining rooms are sure to be your perfect fit as the décor of the Private Rooms reflect the ambience of the restaurant.
Select Private Rooms are equipped with High Definition Plasma TVs capable of displaying your presentation or sporting events. Wireless internet access is also available.
To further enrich your dining experience you can choose additions such as Champagne Toasts and Specialty Cakes created by our talented Executive Pastry Chef.
Advance reservations are required.
- Private Party Contact: Wilson Celleri 7878636789
- Entertainment: Join us on the weekends for specials and live entertainment ranging from smooth saxophone music to local bohemia.
A word from Chops Steakhouse - El Conquistador Resort
Chops Steakhouse is a fine addition to the dining options at El Conquistador Resort. The seductive atmosphere and innovative menu excite all the senses. Partake in a juicy steak or succulent seafood and make sure to leave room for one of our signature desserts all while enjoying the sultry atmosphere at the resort's signature restaurant. Private dining rooms are also available for a more exclusive dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chops Steakhouse - El Conquistador Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)romantic (5)scenic view (4)good for groups (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great Place for a Special OccasionAnonymousDined on 8/29/2014Chops is a great place for fine dining. Ambiance is wonderful and it is a great atmosphere for those special occasions whether romantic or just a quiet dinner. Staff are wonderful and knowledgable of the menu and food preparation. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJBMBVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food and service were outstanding. I will eat there again next time I am in PR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricing Doesn't Match ExperienceFoodFanDined on 7/18/2014The ambiance was lovely. The menu read like, and was priced in line with, your typical high end steak houses. Unfortunately, the quality of food and service did not live up to the expectation set by the atmosphere and price point. We sat at our table with only water and bread for 35 minutes. Once our orders were taken, we waited about 25 minutes for appetizers to be served. I had lobster bisque and it was delicious. The sides and sauces were not served with the proteins - instead we had to remind our server that we had ordered them and we received them about half way through. Don't get me wrong, the food was tasty enough, but the dining experience was just not as extraordinary as we expected.
- Long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Our dinner took 3.5 hours and most of the entrees were overcooked.
- Chops could be better.BamaFoodieDined on 6/30/2014The app bbq shrimp was tasty and fresh though the bacon wrapped around it was a bit soggy. The steak was just ok and the chimichurri really did nothing to punch up the flavor. The portion for the pistachio encrusted grouper was perfect though the fish itself arrived over salted and hindered this diner's overall enjoyment of the dish. The crab and macaroni and cheese sounded so delicious on paper, yet the 12$ price tag left me feeling disappointed in both the chef's execution of the dish as well as the scant amount of crab meat placed on top for the price tag. The asparagus arrived crisp. The 16$ giant NY cheesecake suffered from being over baked and texturally was somewhat grainy. It just wasn't creamy like you'd expect for a sig. Dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodPip11Dined on 6/26/2014Food was delicious & server was great. Food was a little slow coming out but it was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Ever Go BackBeachbugDined on 6/23/2014My husband and I were very disappointed by the slow service and mediocre food at five star prices. My husband's chicken was so dry and overcooked he couldn't eat it. He was not charged when the manager was told,however. My grouper was very good. Service was unbelievably slow. And don't even think aboit using the restroom unless uou want to walk a mile. It' nowhere near the restaurant.
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Couldn't script a better place for my anniversary. Great service, friendly staff, and awesome food. Gracias por todoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good findDrVKDined on 6/8/2014My wife and I ate here on our final night at El Conq. I was a little nervous after reading some of the other reviews, but we had a very good experience. As with any good steakhouse, it's not cheap. My wife had the 8 ounce filet and I had the grouper. We shared the crab mac and cheese. All 3 of these items were really good. The steak was cooked to medium just like we asked and the crust on the fish was really good. We shared the chocolate lava cake for dessert and it was ok - but the rest of the meal was really quite good. All of that food plus iced tea and tip was about $120. I would definitely go back and eat here againSpecial Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Chops Steakhouse - El Conquistador Resort reviews archive.
- Needs helpHootyDined on 5/19/2014The service was not good. Had. to pour or own wine. Expected more for the price
- Good but for price there is betterJKontheroadDined on 5/10/2014Steaks were very good. Menu is al La cart - standard for expensive places like Ruth Chris. Went local for the rest of our stay & enjoyed the local ambiance, variety, flavors & definitely price. One of the best prime rib we've ever had was just outside the resort for 1/2 the price. We called ahead to the restaurant as well as concierge staff & told about the dress code so my family dressed appropriately. People came in & served in grungy shorts & t-shirts as well as some other questionable attire. We do not care how people dress but inform there is no code or not enforced. We were on vacation & could have dressed down as well. Too expensive with an atmosphere of children and some crying little ones. Pushed us to go local - good choice.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014We went here for our 1 year anniversary dinner and it was wonderful! The dessert was my amazing - I had the piña colada cake with coconut ice cream. Pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior steaks!DaveDined on 4/22/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Chops. We were also staying at the resort. This is truly a great steakhouse, comparable to many world class places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceWolfieDined on 3/28/2014Very friendly service. Nice wine list. Excellent beef, with a choice of house sauces. Enormous desserts. Beautiful views and nice architecture.Special Features: