1117 11th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chopssteakhouses.com/
- Phone: 9164478900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday; 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday; 5pm to Close
Happy Hour Monday - Friday; 3pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Headding
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call today for information on our off-site catering! 916-447-8900
- Private Party Facilities: We have full bar and private dining in our downstairs area. We can accommodate as many as 300 or as few as 10. Our patio area can accommodate up to 100 for a private function.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Bautista 9164478900
A word from Chops
Chops Steak Seafood & Bar of Sacramento is an award-winning restaurant and bar. Locally owned, Chops specializes in classic Midwestern, corn fed, dry aged beef and the freshest seafood. Our prime ribs, steaks and chops are dry aged up to 28 days in our aging facility then hand trimmed and cut to generous portions ensuring that every steak is tender and flavorful.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chops - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (25)fit for foodies (16)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (7)notable wine list (7)scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice view of the capitolLRoseDined on 10/16/2014We had drinks on the outdoor patio and it was just perfect. Then went in for dinner. We shared the calamari appetizer (delicious). Both had steaks which were perfectly cooked and delicious. Desert was their wonderful carrot cake. Won't be my last visit.Special Features:
- Classy and quick!ZupastarDined on 10/10/2014Classy but welcoming. Service was quick! We got our food in almost no time at all it seems! We will try to sit outside next time facing the capital!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again!BeenThereDoneThatDined on 10/9/2014We were promptly greeted and seated, but that was as far as the service went. We sat at our table, wondering where our waitperson was. She finally arrived and her opening line was, "So, can I get a food order started for you?" Uh, what about drinks? I was so taken aback by her diner approach to service, I expected the next thing out of her mouth would be "hun?" To say the service was slow is an understatement. But slow is not the worst of it. It was totally unprofessional. Now let's talk about the food. Ok, let's not. Over-priced and mediocre at best and we had steak! Just don't waste your time or money here. Go somewhere else..anywhere else. Sizzler could do a better job than this place!Special Features:
- Classic and DeliciousgrapeexpectationsDined on 10/4/2014As first time diners here, we were excited to find a wonderful, classic, neighborhood steakhouse with other menu options. It was low key, relaxed and elegant (opposed to trendy,noisy,bustling). The shared steak platter was generous, perfectly prepared and delicious. The appetizer crab cakes were the best we have had (even tops ones we had at another classic mainstay in Yountville three weeks ago!). I always have to try dessert and the fruit crisp with ice cream was one of the best. We look forward to returning and trying other menu items. However, it was our server and all the attending staff that elevated it to a fine dining experience. We appreciated the warmth, attentiveness and professionalism which is rarer to experience nowadays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was very disappointingDISAPPOINTEDDined on 10/4/2014My husband got the $40 New York steak and was very disappointed. IT was tough and had minimal flavor. I told him he should send it back but he is not like that and ate it without complaint to the restaurant. I got the French Dip sandwhich which was good but the fries were undercooked and soggy. Service was excellent! Ambience was good. They just need to get the food part of it down....Special Features:
- us4salsDined on 10/4/2014Our dinner experience was perfect from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!gjackdinerDined on 9/27/2014Had heard about Chops before but never dined there so I decided to try it out. What a find! Great food, great service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- LoriDined on 9/16/2014Love this place for lunch! The service, food, and ambiance is great. I visit atleast once a week for lunch and love the salmon on salad. They make the best salmon I've tasted, it's delicious. Thank you, Chops for being unique and classy!Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE SERVICE & FOODTxskidDined on 9/11/2014The food is awesome as always! The service was impeccable as always. What made this visit different is that we took our 11 year old son for the first time. He was looking forward to his first meal that was not off the kid's menu. Brian and the staff were awesome when he wanted to know about the meat locker, etc. They took the time to explain to him how the meats, with our permission, were cut, prepared, and cooked. They explained to him which cuts were considered the best. They answered his every question. BRAVO BRAVO ! This is just one more reason why CHOPS-Sacramento is the only place for steaks in our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best steak I ever hadFridayApplebeeDined on 9/10/2014see above. Unbelievable and puts the "chain" steak places to shame. I worked out before hand so was hungry to begin with but this place completely blew me away. Should be ranked nationally.
- Needs updatingChris30305VIPDined on 8/23/2014While the food was acceptable. The decore was not a match for a restaurant of this calibre.
- Beautiful ExperienceStylishVDined on 8/22/2014We love steak. Can't beat the deliciously aged meats at Chop. Excellent service, fantastic menu, beautiful dining experience that is more like an elegant supper than just dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameDLhardingDined on 8/22/2014Chops used to be one of my favorite restaurants; however, our last visit was disappointing. The menu has changed, the food is lackluster, the restaurant is musty and the carpet is filthy. We won't be going back.
- As ExpectedDinenfly365Dined on 8/21/2014All the reviews of the place said similar things that the food was good but overpriced. Upon eating there I feel that is an accurate statement. It is in the heart of downtown, and if you are fortunate enough to dine outside there is a lovely view of the capital. I would recommend this as an excellent date place. Its atmosphere is great for that. The bar was top notch. Each drink I had was definitely worth the average price of good drinks of $8-11 a glass. They had a decent wine selection, though we did not have wine this occasion. The service was excellent, with a knowledgeable waitstaff. However, the steak was okay, I've had much better at other locations. Come for the ambiance, the service, and the drinks.Special Features:
- Sacramento's Power SpotMCoatesDined on 8/19/2014The food, drink and service are great, but it seems like the reason Chops is there is for the connections. We interrupted our dinner twice to great folks we knew (one legislator, one lobbyist) and saw others we recognized working the happy crowd there. We dined outside on the patio on a very pleasant summer evening and it's hard to beat the view of the capitol framed with excellent food and drink (though a vegetarian option on the menu would be appreciated) and surrounded by conversations directly relevant to the business in the building across the street.Special Features:
- YOU MUST GO!afoodieatheartDined on 8/15/2014The meal was great from start to finish. We would recommend Chops to others and have. The food was one of the best we ever had. The staff was very kind, friendly, and helpful. We started with Happy Hour Specials and finish with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationmrnoitawlDined on 7/26/2014Their "James Bond" martini was one of the very best I've had anywhere. The lollipop lamb chops were seasoned wonderfully, but a little too much fat. The sauteed Brussels sprouts were so tasty. Not enough room after that great meal for dessert - but next time. Our server was very attentive & friendly.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchFoodieluvrDined on 7/24/2014Great food, excellent service and early birthday lunch for husband. Highly recommend this business. Used amazon voucher for this visit and not a problem plus parked in city parking lot which was taken care of by this business. Dine with confidence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Great food and service. The steak is tender. Nice and quit. I recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Chopped"CraigDined on 7/10/2014The food quality and value have really declined over the last two years. I have eaten here a number of times and after my last visit I told myself I wouldn’t be back. An out of town family member suggested we eat here and I agreed to give it one more try. The dinner was over priced for the quality of food served. We ordered 2 cocktails and 2 dinners and the bill was over $100. No wine, Hors D’ Oeuvres, or dessert, just 2 cocktails and 2 no frills meals. I’ve eaten at a number of Steakhouses throughout the US and I can tell you this one definitely falls short. The food is comparable to just about any other restaurant in mid-town. They are commanding “Steakhouse” prices for a cut of meat that doesn’t measure up to “Steakhouse” quality.
- Nice for a night out.foodie4lifeDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant was a little harder to find at least according to my GPS. However we arrive and were led straight to our seats. Server was very polite and did not rush us with our meal and ordering. Food was great. Calamari was yummy. We got prime rib and new york which were also very good. Portions were a good size. Ambiance was good. Server assistant was great at filling waters. However, our server did not ask if we wanted additional drinks nor did he offer a desert menu. Lucky for him we were too full to order desert. Just brought us the bill after eating. But all in all it was still a great experience.Special Features:
- Good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food at Chops was very good. All three of us had nothing bad to say about any of the food items we ordered. The only issue we had was with the service. Our server, Amber, wasn't exactly impolite but definitely abrupt with us and seemed to just want to get through the process of our visit and move on. We had a bottle of wine on the table as well and it was surprising to us that even though she clearly saw a wine glass was empty, didn't offer to refill it. It's not to say it couldn't be done ourselves of course but it's an expectation of a nice restaurant. Additionally, when my mom called earlier in the day to ask about the corking fee, she was hung up on in the middle of saying thank you with no goodbye or you're welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseluvambiance57Dined on 6/28/2014Chose Chops on a whim to take out of state guests who are rather picky. Reservations were easy, outdoor seating with a beautiful view of the State Capital building, food was excellent. Most of the wait staff was good and attentive. Our server was very serious, didn't seem to understand when we were joking with him (who orders steak for and infant?). He did make great recommendations and seemed to know the menu well. Pricey but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old, dusty, rattyCoseDined on 6/24/2014Was excited to try this place out after viewing their menu online. Definitely NOT what I expected. As soon as we walked into the dining room, all we could notice was the super outdated furniture, dirty floor, dirty bench in the booth, chipped and dusty base board, the servers looked like they were recruited from Denny's... When our food arrived, it was sloppily plated, carrots were burned on the edges... It's sad when you're paying $50+ for a plate of food that it isn't amazing dining experience. The ONE highlight was my martini. It was made perfectly!
- The following 550 reviews are from the Chops reviews archive.
- Dinner dateNiteOutDined on 6/21/2014My husband's steak was rare when he specified to have it cooked wrecooked it & then gave us a free dessert.ell. done but theuSpecial Features:
- Good as usualbluecollardinerDined on 6/21/2014The food and service were great. Recommend it highlySpecial Features:
- Never disappointed....SantaRosaGareVIPDined on 6/21/2014Chops is a classy place. We were greeted immediately, they wished my husband Happy Birthday and they seated us in a private booth. Our server, Amber was friendly, courteous and professional. The meal was delicious and more than ample! Husband ordered prime end cut of prime rib, the meat was cooked to perfection! I had grilled salmon with buttermilk mash potatoes. Everything was superb! Our server was attentive, but not pestering. The General Manager, Brian, came by and greeted us. Thank you for being you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for lack of tasteLuv2eatmeatDined on 6/7/2014Food was good but priced high for level of flavor. Spent a $140 with tip on dinner thinking that's it. Great ambiance and service but was expecting bigger flavor from the entrees. Ordered crab cake appetizer for $18 and got two crab cakes disapointing. Overall had a nice dinner but due to price and lack of taste from food I won't be back.Special Features:
- iwcomeaga14Dined on 6/6/2014We were seated and it took about 15 min before a waitress finally discovered we were there. She did apologize and took our order. We were served the bottle of wine and expected to be asked or brought bread. I had to call the waitress over and ask her for bread. She once again apologized and told us the guys serving the water should have placed bread on our table. Our Waitress was very friendly and had a good personality and by the end of our dinner service had been great. Over all we had a good time, the Wine and steak and Lobster was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chops sac caeddieboy45Dined on 6/6/2014Overall my experience was less than average. I used to come here with my parents in the past and I see why they don't come here anymore. Service was great until the waiter asked us if we were pressed for time because he forgot to put our order..... I said no take your time but still I was served a rushed medium steak cooked on a higher temperature because this wasn't cooked at all I n the middle. Just charred on the outside. The noise level was really loud. So loud i had to shift seats because my girlfriend couldn't hear me from across the table. I wouldn't come here again.
- Great food & fantastic service!ChillianneDined on 6/3/2014We had a dinner at Chops to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. Ordered shrimp quesadilla, house salad and Chops cut prime ribs with baked potatoes. They were excellent. Shrimp quesadilla seems to be simple, but it's loaded with big chunks of sweet & tasty shrimp with perfect amount of melted cheese served with drizzle of fruity sauce (tasted like apricot?) plus sweet and tangy diping sauce - it was perfect! House salad had good amount of crunchy real bacon and chunks of blue cheese with perfect amount of dressing and it was delicious. By the time our prime ribs came out, we were getting full already, but it was so good that I still ate 1/3 of prime rib. Everything was very flavorful and service was excellent as well. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014This was my second visit to Chops. The first one was was just as wonderful. The atmosphere was why I returned. It was my 24th wedding anniversary and I wanted to go someplace special. It was great. We sat on the patio and ordered the special. I was very pleased!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lacking atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014We loved our food and the service was excellent. However, we made reservations 3 weeks in advance, noting that we were celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived right on time, the host said he wasn't sure if they had any booths left. It was as if no planning for us had occurred at all. We were seated at a small table VERY close to tables on either side of us. We spent most of our dinner trying hard not to listen to conversations on both sides of us. As a couple with toddlers at home, a night out is something special for us, and I thought I had made all the necessary pre-arrangements to ensure a nice, quiet evening for the two of us. But, it seems making a reservation ahead of time does not make a difference at this restaurant.
- quality dining experience1healthycookDined on 5/29/2014I took my sister to Chops for a special birthday dinner. We celebrated in style with lobster, champagne and all the trimmings. Everything was perfect from the care the staff took with us to the delicious food. They really went out of their way. I highly recommend Chops for any dining experience.Special Features:
- OutstandingSeanDined on 5/15/2014Cool modern ambiance, good beer and cocktail selection, great food, and exceptional services.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch!MinLManDined on 5/11/2014Had a great first experience here at Mother's Day brunch. We were astounded at all the food choices, and everything was prepared very well. Amgen Tour was beginning, so outside was a bit loud, but didn't affect our conversation. Seems like a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra Special ServiceTravelingFishVIPDined on 5/10/2014When the manager called to confirm, he let us know how to get to the parking area since some roads were closed due to the Amgen bicycle race. Our waiter comped the corkage fee because it was my husband's birthday and he opted not to have dessert. Both of these touches were above and beyond in my book.Special Features:
- Great ServicefoodokDined on 5/10/2014Waiter was really great and provide great info. Food was good not great for the price - next time will go back to Morton's or Ruth Chris for the price. Need to have the food come out hot when there are issues with the delivery.Special Features:
- Ok!LuvtodineDined on 5/7/2014I probably could have eaten just as well at the local Jack N' the Box and for a lower cost.
- Fabulous!!SuzyQDined on 5/4/2014What a great find!! Our waiter was the BEST ever!! Cocktails were very tasty!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.