Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
101 Plaza Real South
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar-boca/
- Phone: 5613952675x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00 to 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Wright
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live musical entertainment offered nightly Monday through Saturday, with popular local performers Bill Coleman, Alex Dean, Alexandra Romanov, Will Bridges and Susan Petty. Chops Lobster Bar offers an exciting, value-priced bar menu with popular items such as Gulf Shrimp "Sliders," Ping Pong Sirloin Cheese Burgers, Truffle Fries and Ahi Tuna Tartare - just to name a few.
A word from Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
Known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambience of the dark wood dining room. On the lower level, Lobster Bar is a seafood lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression. We serve dinner seven days a week. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)fit for foodies (96)vibrant bar scene (81)notable wine list (77)romantic (74)good for groups (70)hot spot (60)neighborhood gem (57)late-night find (14)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- MarvinVIPDined on 10/21/2014Food & service was very good making toward making it a perfect birthday day.Special Features:
- JaneDined on 10/18/2014We decided to visit Chops after several years. The problem then was the service and the noise level. The food was great and still is. The problem is still the service and noise level. If you do not want to talk, go for the food. The only part of the food I did not like was the service of the bread. That was served on a plain white plate-poor presentation. A basket would have been nicer.Special Features:
- Great spotSoSadDined on 10/18/2014We returned here after a few years and it was just as wonderful as the first time. Service was great and the food fantastic. Won't wait as long to return this time.Special Features:
- Go to CHOps-chop chop fast!lov2eatVIPDined on 10/17/2014Brand newly refurbished patio makes outdoor dining a plus...such great steaks...you simply can't pick one that isn't perfectly ccoked to your specifications....fabulous tableside dover sole presentation...wonderful starters such as the shrip & crab cocktail...terrific bread basket for starters and end it all with one of the most amazing dessert presentations. (Their cheesecake is fabulous and enough for 4 people!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningpiezumVIPDined on 10/14/2014I took a friend to Chops to celebrate her 50th birthday. Although I did not notify the restaurant in advance about her birthday, when I arrived, the host asked me if I was there for the birthday party. I said "yes, but probably not the party he meant". The restaurant comped us a fabulous dessert with candle, which was totally unexpected. Dinner was delicious. Had the twin peppercorn filets. Would definitely order them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/13/2014Delicious as always. Never disappointing. The Service is always exceptional. Very hands on. Always aim to please.Special Features:
- Rib Eye was fabulousJudyGDined on 10/12/2014Went for my birthday which I had filled in on my reservation. The hostesses and our waitress wished my a happy birthday. We shared a rib eye, chopped salad and lobster mac & cheese, all excellent choices and more than enough for two. The steak was seasoned and cooked to perfection. We said no to dessert, but our waitress brought out a slice of key lime pie with a lit candle on it (and thankfully no singers). That was not charged to us. Must admit, the pie was excellent. I would highly recommend this. Personally liked the food and the ambiance better than the other local steak houses in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Everything about the evening was great! From the atmosphere to the food and service everything was wonderful. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Local favoriteAl12VIPDined on 10/10/2014Always enjoy a return to Chops. Never disappointed. Their prefix menue is a good deal.Special Features:
- Not as goodMar58Dined on 10/8/2014This was my third time at this restaurant and was very disappointed with the food ..the fish portion was so small..they took away there best potato dish the hash browns and replaced them with tater tots..really..not a good choice..I will say the service was superb .the noise level was horrible ..will not be going back...Special Features:
- So IncredibleSusanVIPDined on 10/6/2014Every morsel of my filet was tender, delicious, cooked to perfection. The chopped salad was fabulous. The dessert, incredible. The staff was superb making this 65th anniversary get together wonderful. The ambiance was charming as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceSandyHal11Dined on 10/5/2014We absolutely enjoy eating at Chops. Everything ( food,service,ambience) is Top Notch . Our favorite restaurant .Special Features:
- A must when in BocaKAS1VIPDined on 10/4/2014Outstanding meal. Terrific service from the moment we arrived. Wonderful Maitre'D and hostesses, extremely attentive table service and a first class meal all prepared perfectly. Great steak. Great seafood. Wonderful sides. This place is outstanding and a must in Boca.Special Features:
- pricey but worth itproducemanDined on 10/4/2014this is a chain operation but it is well run and very consistent. food quality is very good but not inventive. expect standard menu items well prepared and served efficiently. prices are a little high but you do not feel taken advantaged of on the way home.
- Consistent serviceBocaBestVIPDined on 10/3/2014Service is always excellent! From the attentive valets to the fine wait staff. Fine dining and great music in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but NoisyGingVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food and service but extremely noisy - it also seemed as if there were many new servers. We preferred the older menu and its options.Special Features:
- nettieVIPDined on 10/1/2014the food and service was wonderful we were 5 people and everyone enjoyed their dinner, The ladies bathrooms were besutiful & very clesnSpecial Features:
- Natural GasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/1/2014As soon as you enter the restaurant you are blasted with the smell of natural gas. After the hostess originally ignored our inquiry and we asked to speak to the manager. She spoke to the manager in the back and returned with the explanation. "The water heater sometimes has a problem". "Don't worry, it happens all the time and it's not dangerous". Natural Gas, not dangerous? Seriously, if you can smell it - it's dangerous and very bad. Will not return because of this.
- specialnightfortwoDined on 10/1/2014First time . . . wonderful experience. Great food. So well presented. What made it special however was the service. The waiters or servers truly made us feel special. Our lead person was Alex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newtobocaDined on 9/29/2014Don't know about the steaks-but 2 fish dishes were ordinary at most
- Fantastic service and experience!schipDined on 9/29/2014It was a great experience from start to finish. From the moment I checked in, the maître d' had already set up a nice spot in the restaurant based on my instructions via Open Table. We had a drink at the bar and waited for our out-of-town clients to arrive. The food was exceptional and the service was top notch. We had a very energetic waiter who really took care of us. Being that it was a business dinner, he knew exactly the right time to intervene and ask if we needed anything. I enthusiastically recommend Chops Lobster bar.Special Features:
- Top Notch Food, Service, and GlitzHandmanVIPDined on 9/27/2014Chops, under the leadership of the very charming and capable, Monroe, shines as a fantastic restaurant for both steak and seafood. The service staff is second to none and the ambiance is both elegant and celebratory. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertDessertfreakDined on 9/27/2014The white chocolate banana cream pie is the ultimate dessert! . This dessert takes the cake.... Oh and I'd I mention the " to die for lobster tempura? Chops has it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRobase7Dined on 9/27/2014Food and Service were phenomenal! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- WonderfulStorm2watchDined on 9/23/2014It was the perfect place for our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. It was just the two of us and very romantic. The food was superb and the service from our server (Lisa) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scoreof10Dined on 9/13/2014The best meal from start to finish that I have ever had. I would order the $49 special every time. It was that good¡Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!betterthancookingDined on 9/13/2014Chops was busy, with each table full upon our arrival. Our reservation was at 8 PM. We were greeted and seated within a reasonable amount of time. Our waiter was friendly and courteous and addressed us by name throughout the evening. The service was excellent, and the waiter made some good food suggestions. The chopped salad was delicious, as was the salmon, chicken and lamb chops. The four people in our party all enjoyed their meals. Feeling quite full, we ended our dinner with some fresh berries and coffee. As always, we all enjoyed our dinner at Chops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely SUPERB!!!NolesLoveToDineDined on 9/13/2014Hadn't been to the one in Boca Raton so decided basically at last minute. Not a single disappointment. Called by surname the entire time. When someone delivered my 2nd drink to the table, they informed me it was "compliments of the manager". When I inquired as to why, he just said the manager asked me to pick this one up. A minute later the waiter "apologized for the wait of your drink". It was probably 3 minutes and I was in the midst of a conversation and hadn't even noticed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead in Boca: Hooray!lov2eatVIPDined on 9/12/2014This Atlanta based chain is most welcome to S. Florida...the service, ambiance, decor, food, and all that goes into a marvelous dining experience is here. Over the years, we have become "regulars" and the staff is so delightful to be with. FIlet Mignon that melts in your mouth...a dover sold tableside preparation that is superb, killer desserts, and during the summer, the "tasting menu-prix fixe for 3 courses is a perfucet indulgence. Onion soup..amazginly dleicious bread basket, gigantic onion rings the size of dessert plates, and the new carrot offering put it all over the top.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/9/2014From the minute we walked in the door, the evening was a special one. It was our anniversary and the food was delicious, timed well, and the service was wonderful. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- First and lastMomoDined on 9/7/2014Nothing special for the price. Like a frech restaurant the portion are to small for the price. RED steak is much better and tastierSpecial Features:
- PM60VIPDined on 9/7/2014Took clients to dinner.....excellent experience, lived up to our expectations. Very enjoyable dinner!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014THE LOBSTER WAS A LITTLE OVERCOOKED SO IT WAS A LITTLE TOO SOFT. WE HAD THE $50 THREE COURSE DINNER. LOBSTERS ARE QUITE INEXPENSIVE RIGHT NOW SO THE LOBSTER COULD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BIGGER AND NOT OVERCOOKED. I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING TO THEM. IT WAS MY FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY AND THEY WERE GOING TO GIVE HER A DESSERT ON THEM BUT DESSERT CAME WITH OUR DINNER SO NOTHING AT ALL WAS DONE. THEY COULD HAVE MADE A LITTLE FUSS AND SENT OVER SOME SINGING WAITERS. EVERYONE ELSE HAD STEAK AND THEY WERE ALL VERY HAPPY WITH THEIR MEAL. IT WAS A LOVELY EVENING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 9/6/2014Always love this place. Terrific Maitre'D and hostesses. Food is always wonderful. Service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An overall great dining experienceBobODined on 9/6/2014This was my first time at this Lobster Bar and it was everything plus more than my visits in Atlanta. The food was excellent, great cocktails and our servers Alexis & Michelle were the best. Both went above and beyond to make sure from the moment we sat down until we left that our experience was great (and both were a lot of fun as well). Alexis was very helpful with the cocktail and food choices and I look forward to my next dining experience at the Lobster Bar.Special Features:
- An ExperienceGaryKinFLDined on 9/6/2014I brought my daughter to Chops Lobster Bar for her 18th birthday. I had been there a few years ago and was amazed! Chops is more than incredibly prepared food, service fit for dignitaries and and a nicely appointed dining room, IT IS AN EXPERIENCE. My Daughter works for a steak-house chain in their front of house. She loves their filet.... but this visit has her seeing food differently. I watched her cut into her barrel cut filet, take the first bite and get this look of (remember, she is 18) "OMG, this is like, WOW!" She experienced service like none-other. The staff delivered exactly the experience I wanted to give her all the way down to the decadent birthday dessert. Adults should be equally impressed! VISIT!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Great food, great staff, great restaurant! I had the sea bass and it was absolutely the best I've ever had! Others in my group had the clams and lobster and they were also delicious. I would highly recommend Chops for seafood.Special Features:
- $49 MenuLikestoEatDined on 9/5/2014ordered lobster on the $49 menu. It was supposed to be 1.5 lbs. it was much smaller. I made a comment and was brought a second lobster in addition to my first. They made sure I was happy. The bar is very noisy and it carries over into the dinning area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueLWLouDined on 9/2/2014Really like this place, food is always excellent. Short rib ravioli was outstanding. Great $49 value meal. Why they would seat a couple like us next to a large and loud group in a half empty weekday night restaurant is beyond me but made it a bit unpleasant. Should have moved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.mahi817VIPDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed yet another excellent meal at Chops. Food was tasty and attractively presented. Zohan skillfully serviced the table in his always pleasant and professional manner. It was a lovely evening.Special Features: