Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
101 Plaza Real South
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar-boca/
- Phone: (561) 395-2675
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00 to 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Wright
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live musical entertainment offered nightly Monday through Saturday, with popular local performers Bill Coleman, Alex Dean, Alexandra Romanov, Will Bridges and Susan Petty. Chops Lobster Bar offers an exciting, value-priced bar menu with popular items such as Gulf Shrimp "Sliders," Ping Pong Sirloin Cheese Burgers, Truffle Fries and Ahi Tuna Tartare - just to name a few.
A word from Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
Known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambience of the dark wood dining room. On the lower level, Lobster Bar is a seafood lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression. We serve dinner seven days a week. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)fit for foodies (99)vibrant bar scene (78)romantic (75)notable wine list (74)good for groups (70)hot spot (68)neighborhood gem (62)late-night find (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- ExcellentRickVIPDined on 11/23/2014From start to finish Chops was the best. My Filet was cooked perfectly and very tender, the Dover Sole was light and delicate, and the lobster in lobster was to die for. Service was terrific. Not the cheapest place in town but well worth the money and cheaper than its peers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the ride!golfgirlDined on 11/22/2014We drive from Jupiter to meet Boca friends at Chops and it never disappoints! Great menu, great cocktails and the food is very good and desserts wonderful. I would go just for the raisin bread! Staff does an exceptional job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 312773VIPDined on 11/17/2014Enjoyable for a business dinner and would go back to celebrate a special occassion. Staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingFoodFanaticDined on 11/16/2014For the price and promise of the restaurant, I was disappointed in both the quality of food and service. The prix fixe menu has some nice looking choices, and the Caesar salad with poached egg was nice. The entree 12oz New York was barely 9oz, and not very tender. The almond tuile dessert was just ok. Our lead server was neither friendly nor competent. After having been there for 20 min, and our menus closed for 10, we overheard him tell another server that we were not ready to order yet. Fortunately his backup team were attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$$FeedMeDined on 11/14/2014I had heard many good things about Chops and was anxious to try it. Our waiter was very good and the place is beautiful, but the food was average and definitely not worth the price. I was disappointed, and sorry to say I have no interest in going back. With so many great restaurants in the Boca/Delray area, you're better off spending your time and money elsewhere.Special Features:
- SatisfiedDined on 11/14/2014Great food. Delicious. Service was very good too with very attentive staff. Hostess was a little indifferent and did not provide a pleasant greeting. Did not even make eye contact. Only thing I would really change is how close the tables were to each other. It gives you the feeling that you are eating on top of or with the neighboring tables. If you are in a booth, it's much better. Sitting at a table takes away from the cozy, intimate atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MaureenVIPDined on 11/14/2014The amazing lobster Mac N Cheese was the best I ever are. There were 7 of us and everything ordered came out perfectly cooked.mist of us ordered the three course dinner. So many great choices. I had the chops salad, surf n turf, and the berries. It was so tasty. The waiters were very professional as were the bartenders. Overall best restaurant in Boca!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDidiDined on 11/9/2014Watch the portion sizes. I ordered the South African lobster tail that was supposed to be 12 ounces. It looked like they cut off half the tail. The first time this happened I didn't want to make a fuss do I did not complain. I went Sunday night and again a tail less than 12 ounces. I brought it to the waiters attention and he agreed and the manager comped a second tail. I was happy they made it right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We were at Chops on Sunday, November 9th. The service was wonderful. Everyone was quite attentive. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedpartyof4Dined on 11/8/2014The food was okay but felt prices were too high for what you gotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be!!!SamIamDined on 11/7/2014We had my father in laws 90 birthday and had a spectacular greeting and service I had been ther many times before. The cheese bread crackers were missing from the breadbasket. Discontinued !! I could not put my finger on it but it seemed the food was not as good as it used to be. Very disappointed. Poppi had a great time and was treated like a king. Still disappointed with the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionsockyDined on 11/7/2014everything just flawless almost perfect and tasty to bootSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DinningragweedVIPDined on 11/4/2014Excellent food, service and the chocolate lava cake was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014I have dined at Chops in the past and tonight was disappointing. The food was just OK. The server was non attentive and did not try to fulfil our requests until we pushed. Overall, tonight was not consistent with past experiences, particularly since it was a Monday night and they were not that busy.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014absolutely fantastic you would think that food cooked well would taste the same but just prepared a little differently they took this to a whole new level simply absolutely and definitely the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deluxe Experience in Every WayHandmanVIPDined on 10/31/2014Chops is outstanding in every aspect from the first hello to the car valet pick-up. I was recently there for a business dinner with an out of town guest. The service and food could not have been better-deluxe all the way. Great ambiance and people watching yet able to hear each other in conversation. In a town of fantastic steak/seafood restaurants-Chops is my go-to choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top steakhouse in BocaShellDined on 10/31/2014I booked Chops for my Dad's 90th birthday celebration. There were 8 of us and we all enjoyed our meals. Although the dinner selections tend to be pricey, I was able to order a petite filet for only $29. There was a prix fix 3 course dinner for $49 that most of our party chose. The steaks were delectable and the desserts were amazing. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. Service was impeccable and the staff was very kind. I ordered my birthday cake from the French bakery across the street recommended by Chops. The bakery is Cote France and the chef there created a wonderful, delicious chocolate moose cake for us. Overall it was a great night at Chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining experienceCarmenDined on 10/31/2014We love this restaurant, the food is wonderful, service is top notch, all around a first class dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Some SeasoningluvagoodmealDined on 10/27/2014Although the food was definitely high quality we were quite disappointed with our steaks. I ordered the peppered filet tips and all you could taste was pepper. My husband ordered the ribeye. Again great quality but we wanted to take it home and cook it ourselves. There was NO flavor. The potatoes confit didn't even taste like they were salted. Everything was BLAND! Our service was superb! The lobster was cooked perfectly and the escargot was delicious as were the oysters. If you're going to go I would suggest seafood only. I don't mind spending money on good food but I would never again spend over $200 for a dinner here. There are too many other nice restaurants out there. The steaks at Ruth's Chris are SO much better!Special Features:
- LillyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Perfection! There were four of us and we all agreed that although it was pricey, the food was superb and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When only steak will do!bonvivantjDined on 10/25/2014Chops Lobster Bar is the best place in Boca for a good ribeye steak. I shared a steak, creamed spinach, crispy onions and a baked potato with a friend. All was delicious - and plenty big enough for 2 light eaters. For dessert, we shared the white chocolate banana cream pie - yummy! The wine list was great, and the appetizer we chose (oysters) adequate. The service was perfect - I did not feel rushed, but the server was there the minute we needed something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationjoedelDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I made a reservation for my birthday dinner, The reservation was made online with a special request for birthday celebration and romantic table. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised with the great table, food, wine selection and fantastic service that we received. We loved our first visit to Chops and will definitely make this our favorite restuarantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingShortyDined on 10/24/2014Second time there, but was disappointed this time. Restaurant noise level so loud, service extremely slow. Food okay. Will not go back and will not recommend.Special Features:
- MarvinVIPDined on 10/21/2014Food & service was very good making toward making it a perfect birthday day.Special Features:
- JaneDined on 10/18/2014We decided to visit Chops after several years. The problem then was the service and the noise level. The food was great and still is. The problem is still the service and noise level. If you do not want to talk, go for the food. The only part of the food I did not like was the service of the bread. That was served on a plain white plate-poor presentation. A basket would have been nicer.Special Features:
- Great spotSoSadDined on 10/18/2014We returned here after a few years and it was just as wonderful as the first time. Service was great and the food fantastic. Won't wait as long to return this time.Special Features:
- Go to CHOps-chop chop fast!lov2eatVIPDined on 10/17/2014Brand newly refurbished patio makes outdoor dining a plus...such great steaks...you simply can't pick one that isn't perfectly ccoked to your specifications....fabulous tableside dover sole presentation...wonderful starters such as the shrip & crab cocktail...terrific bread basket for starters and end it all with one of the most amazing dessert presentations. (Their cheesecake is fabulous and enough for 4 people!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningpiezumVIPDined on 10/14/2014I took a friend to Chops to celebrate her 50th birthday. Although I did not notify the restaurant in advance about her birthday, when I arrived, the host asked me if I was there for the birthday party. I said "yes, but probably not the party he meant". The restaurant comped us a fabulous dessert with candle, which was totally unexpected. Dinner was delicious. Had the twin peppercorn filets. Would definitely order them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/13/2014Delicious as always. Never disappointing. The Service is always exceptional. Very hands on. Always aim to please.Special Features:
- Rib Eye was fabulousJudyGDined on 10/12/2014Went for my birthday which I had filled in on my reservation. The hostesses and our waitress wished my a happy birthday. We shared a rib eye, chopped salad and lobster mac & cheese, all excellent choices and more than enough for two. The steak was seasoned and cooked to perfection. We said no to dessert, but our waitress brought out a slice of key lime pie with a lit candle on it (and thankfully no singers). That was not charged to us. Must admit, the pie was excellent. I would highly recommend this. Personally liked the food and the ambiance better than the other local steak houses in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Everything about the evening was great! From the atmosphere to the food and service everything was wonderful. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Local favoriteAl12VIPDined on 10/10/2014Always enjoy a return to Chops. Never disappointed. Their prefix menue is a good deal.Special Features:
- Not as goodMar58Dined on 10/8/2014This was my third time at this restaurant and was very disappointed with the food ..the fish portion was so small..they took away there best potato dish the hash browns and replaced them with tater tots..really..not a good choice..I will say the service was superb .the noise level was horrible ..will not be going back...Special Features:
- So IncredibleSusanVIPDined on 10/6/2014Every morsel of my filet was tender, delicious, cooked to perfection. The chopped salad was fabulous. The dessert, incredible. The staff was superb making this 65th anniversary get together wonderful. The ambiance was charming as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceSandyHal11Dined on 10/5/2014We absolutely enjoy eating at Chops. Everything ( food,service,ambience) is Top Notch . Our favorite restaurant .Special Features:
- A must when in BocaKAS1VIPDined on 10/4/2014Outstanding meal. Terrific service from the moment we arrived. Wonderful Maitre'D and hostesses, extremely attentive table service and a first class meal all prepared perfectly. Great steak. Great seafood. Wonderful sides. This place is outstanding and a must in Boca.Special Features:
- pricey but worth itproducemanDined on 10/4/2014this is a chain operation but it is well run and very consistent. food quality is very good but not inventive. expect standard menu items well prepared and served efficiently. prices are a little high but you do not feel taken advantaged of on the way home.
- Consistent serviceBocaBestVIPDined on 10/3/2014Service is always excellent! From the attentive valets to the fine wait staff. Fine dining and great music in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but NoisyGingVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food and service but extremely noisy - it also seemed as if there were many new servers. We preferred the older menu and its options.Special Features:
- nettieVIPDined on 10/1/2014the food and service was wonderful we were 5 people and everyone enjoyed their dinner, The ladies bathrooms were besutiful & very clesnSpecial Features: