Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
101 Plaza Real South
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar-boca/
- Phone: 5613952675x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00 to 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Wright
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live musical entertainment offered nightly Monday through Saturday, with popular local performers Bill Coleman, Alex Dean, Alexandra Romanov, Will Bridges and Susan Petty. Chops Lobster Bar offers an exciting, value-priced bar menu with popular items such as Gulf Shrimp "Sliders," Ping Pong Sirloin Cheese Burgers, Truffle Fries and Ahi Tuna Tartare - just to name a few.
A word from Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
Known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambience of the dark wood dining room. On the lower level, Lobster Bar is a seafood lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression. We serve dinner seven days a week. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)fit for foodies (90)notable wine list (82)romantic (80)vibrant bar scene (80)good for groups (62)hot spot (54)neighborhood gem (52)late-night find (15)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Top Notch Food, Service, and GlitzHandmanVIPDined on 9/27/2014Chops, under the leadership of the very charming and capable, Monroe, shines as a fantastic restaurant for both steak and seafood. The service staff is second to none and the ambiance is both elegant and celebratory. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014The white chocolate banana cream pie is the ultimate dessert! . This dessert takes the cake.... Oh and I'd I mention the " to die for lobster tempura? Chops has it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRobase7Dined on 9/27/2014Food and Service were phenomenal! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- WonderfulStorm2watchDined on 9/23/2014It was the perfect place for our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. It was just the two of us and very romantic. The food was superb and the service from our server (Lisa) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scoreof10Dined on 9/13/2014The best meal from start to finish that I have ever had. I would order the $49 special every time. It was that good¡Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!betterthancookingDined on 9/13/2014Chops was busy, with each table full upon our arrival. Our reservation was at 8 PM. We were greeted and seated within a reasonable amount of time. Our waiter was friendly and courteous and addressed us by name throughout the evening. The service was excellent, and the waiter made some good food suggestions. The chopped salad was delicious, as was the salmon, chicken and lamb chops. The four people in our party all enjoyed their meals. Feeling quite full, we ended our dinner with some fresh berries and coffee. As always, we all enjoyed our dinner at Chops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely SUPERB!!!NolesLoveToDineDined on 9/13/2014Hadn't been to the one in Boca Raton so decided basically at last minute. Not a single disappointment. Called by surname the entire time. When someone delivered my 2nd drink to the table, they informed me it was "compliments of the manager". When I inquired as to why, he just said the manager asked me to pick this one up. A minute later the waiter "apologized for the wait of your drink". It was probably 3 minutes and I was in the midst of a conversation and hadn't even noticed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead in Boca: Hooray!lov2eatVIPDined on 9/12/2014This Atlanta based chain is most welcome to S. Florida...the service, ambiance, decor, food, and all that goes into a marvelous dining experience is here. Over the years, we have become "regulars" and the staff is so delightful to be with. FIlet Mignon that melts in your mouth...a dover sold tableside preparation that is superb, killer desserts, and during the summer, the "tasting menu-prix fixe for 3 courses is a perfucet indulgence. Onion soup..amazginly dleicious bread basket, gigantic onion rings the size of dessert plates, and the new carrot offering put it all over the top.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/9/2014From the minute we walked in the door, the evening was a special one. It was our anniversary and the food was delicious, timed well, and the service was wonderful. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- First and lastMomoDined on 9/7/2014Nothing special for the price. Like a frech restaurant the portion are to small for the price. RED steak is much better and tastierSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014THE LOBSTER WAS A LITTLE OVERCOOKED SO IT WAS A LITTLE TOO SOFT. WE HAD THE $50 THREE COURSE DINNER. LOBSTERS ARE QUITE INEXPENSIVE RIGHT NOW SO THE LOBSTER COULD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BIGGER AND NOT OVERCOOKED. I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING TO THEM. IT WAS MY FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY AND THEY WERE GOING TO GIVE HER A DESSERT ON THEM BUT DESSERT CAME WITH OUR DINNER SO NOTHING AT ALL WAS DONE. THEY COULD HAVE MADE A LITTLE FUSS AND SENT OVER SOME SINGING WAITERS. EVERYONE ELSE HAD STEAK AND THEY WERE ALL VERY HAPPY WITH THEIR MEAL. IT WAS A LOVELY EVENING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 9/6/2014Always love this place. Terrific Maitre'D and hostesses. Food is always wonderful. Service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An overall great dining experienceBobODined on 9/6/2014This was my first time at this Lobster Bar and it was everything plus more than my visits in Atlanta. The food was excellent, great cocktails and our servers Alexis & Michelle were the best. Both went above and beyond to make sure from the moment we sat down until we left that our experience was great (and both were a lot of fun as well). Alexis was very helpful with the cocktail and food choices and I look forward to my next dining experience at the Lobster Bar.Special Features:
- An ExperienceGaryKinFLDined on 9/6/2014I brought my daughter to Chops Lobster Bar for her 18th birthday. I had been there a few years ago and was amazed! Chops is more than incredibly prepared food, service fit for dignitaries and and a nicely appointed dining room, IT IS AN EXPERIENCE. My Daughter works for a steak-house chain in their front of house. She loves their filet.... but this visit has her seeing food differently. I watched her cut into her barrel cut filet, take the first bite and get this look of (remember, she is 18) "OMG, this is like, WOW!" She experienced service like none-other. The staff delivered exactly the experience I wanted to give her all the way down to the decadent birthday dessert. Adults should be equally impressed! VISIT!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Great food, great staff, great restaurant! I had the sea bass and it was absolutely the best I've ever had! Others in my group had the clams and lobster and they were also delicious. I would highly recommend Chops for seafood.Special Features:
- $49 MenuLikestoEatDined on 9/5/2014ordered lobster on the $49 menu. It was supposed to be 1.5 lbs. it was much smaller. I made a comment and was brought a second lobster in addition to my first. They made sure I was happy. The bar is very noisy and it carries over into the dinning area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueLWLouDined on 9/2/2014Really like this place, food is always excellent. Short rib ravioli was outstanding. Great $49 value meal. Why they would seat a couple like us next to a large and loud group in a half empty weekday night restaurant is beyond me but made it a bit unpleasant. Should have moved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.mahi817VIPDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed yet another excellent meal at Chops. Food was tasty and attractively presented. Zohan skillfully serviced the table in his always pleasant and professional manner. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Disappointed😬 metal in my food.KED83VIPDined on 9/2/2014I ordered the calamari app, it had a wonderful taste but I found an odd squiggly piece of metal on the nearly empty plate. The waiter and manager seemed to think it was part of a scouring pad that may have been lodged in the fryer basket. They took the charge off but honestly they didn't act too concerned. Lost my appetite and did not order an entree. I was really shocked at their responses. For the price and loud dining room, I will likely go to another place next time in town.Special Features:
- First time there experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Everything we ordered on the menu was delicious and plated well. But it was a special night for us to try a place we heard years about and never got the chance to drive over to dine. But throughout the lovely dining experience the AC was not working properly and it was very uncomfortable. I felt that in a place like this the AC would get fixed asap. If we do make plans to go back there again. We definitely would check on the air conditioner before being seated, if not we always will enjoy dining else where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday!mookieDined on 8/31/2014I chose Chops because I am such a carnivore and the restaurant never disappoints! My family and I had a great dinner. The waiter was fabulous and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab cakes ..best eversusanDined on 8/30/2014This dinner meal was outstanding. We brought our own wine, ordered several appetizers, side dishes and crab cakes. We had enough food for 2 days and the leftovers were even better than the first night. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stevef48Dined on 8/30/2014FABULOUS! We have been to Chop many times and the experience keeps getting better.Special Features:
- Grat2eatVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the dining experience. The food and service was outstanding. The decor is beautiful, but the lack of sufficient air conditioning was over bearingSpecial Features:
- BammabammaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything was wonderful from the person seating us, the attentiveness of the waiter and of course the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good friends!CapriDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful evening out. The wine was spectacular as well as the food and dessert. I would highly recommend chops lobster bar. It's truly one of the best in Boca Raton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impecccable Service and FoodtennisgirlDined on 8/30/2014You can't beat †his place for a special occasion or romantic interlude. The food is incredible and so is the service as well as the wine. We have been here many times and continue to go back because everything is five star.Special Features:
- The bestvictoriafmVIPDined on 8/25/2014We love steakhouses and Chops is the best. Excelent service, food and wine. Now they have a new $49 menu that we had and was very good. We recomend it!!Special Features:
- Strange but truestrongboyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful high quality ingredients & everything but their premier TRIPLE PORTERHOUSE prepared to perfection. Wanted a pink tinged crisp outside steak, but got a blood raw. Sent it back not once, not twice but three times & still was just medium rare. Each time just passed through the kitchen for a few seconds before being retuned to our table. Manager admitted that they always undercook to the order intentionally, but who knew! Continued to insist that their way was correct and that I did not how to order or EAT their food. Only eating & cooking for 70 years! Waiter abandoned responsibility. Should check preparation was as ordered before serving. We specified color & texture, (above), not something generic like just past medium.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Wonderful evening to celebrate a birthday. Food was great, service, Doug our waiter, couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- CHOPS SCORES AGAINspecsDined on 8/20/2014Always a pleasure to dine at CHOPS. Service is outstanding and they greet you by name. Never ate a bad dish here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Was my wife's birthday. She selected Chops specifically for the occasion. Was a great experience from the greeting at the door, to our waiter, to an unparalleled steak. An exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- We loved itGingVIPDined on 8/19/2014Chops consistently has great food and service and during the summer there are fewer diners so it is quiet. We eat there regularly and highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014Definitely one of our favorite restaurants in Palm Beach County - service is always outstanding & my husband likes that they call him by name -- Steaks & Veal Chop superb -- also the hash browns & the bread basket -- nice wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FoodieDavidDined on 8/16/2014I have been dining at Chops in both Georgia and Boca Raton for many years now. The level of service and the quality of food are top notch. The menu is extensive and can accommodate all ages. On my most recent visit I dined with my wife and 2 children ages 12 and 10 who love the young diners menu. Just go and enjoy yourself. It is one of the few local high end restaurants that offer the Bone-in Filet and also dare to lightly pan fry a huge Lobster Tail.Special Features:
- very good!!!GINADined on 8/13/2014we Always use to go by them because everything is amazing..the people.the servisse the ambiance and of course the excelente awesome food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened ?SupertoothVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have enjoyed Chops many times. We celebrated my birthday and our wedding anniversary that night. We were just finishing our first course when the main course arrived ! It was too fast, so we sent it back. The good news is that management apologized for the poor service , which was the fault of the kitchen, not our waiter. We were treated to dinner by the manager , with his apology. That was a very professional manner to insure that we were appreciated as customers and that we shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014As always we had great food and great service Thank you to Jason for his great service serving a table of 10 people is not easy and thank you to Munroe for placing us in a great table
- Very nice eveningfine2dineVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our waiter was terrific, and helped make the evening memorable. The food was prepared as ordered and was delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Perfect dining experience! Great drinks, delicious food and an affordable price fix menu! Not only was my server attentive, our server from the last time, Michelle, came over twice to check on us and make sure we were happy! Can't ask for anything more! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.