Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
101 Plaza Real South
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar-boca/
- Phone: 5613952675x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00 to 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Wright
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live musical entertainment offered nightly Monday through Saturday, with popular local performers Bill Coleman, Alex Dean, Alexandra Romanov, Will Bridges and Susan Petty. Chops Lobster Bar offers an exciting, value-priced bar menu with popular items such as Gulf Shrimp "Sliders," Ping Pong Sirloin Cheese Burgers, Truffle Fries and Ahi Tuna Tartare - just to name a few.
A word from Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton
Known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambience of the dark wood dining room. On the lower level, Lobster Bar is a seafood lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression. We serve dinner seven days a week. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Chops Lobster Bar - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)notable wine list (85)fit for foodies (81)vibrant bar scene (80)romantic (77)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (45)late-night find (16)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- First time there experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Everything we ordered on the menu was delicious and plated well. But it was a special night for us to try a place we heard years about and never got the chance to drive over to dine. But throughout the lovely dining experience the AC was not working properly and it was very uncomfortable. I felt that in a place like this the AC would get fixed asap. If we do make plans to go back there again. We definitely would check on the air conditioner before being seated, if not we always will enjoy dining else where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday!mookieDined on 8/31/2014I chose Chops because I am such a carnivore and the restaurant never disappoints! My family and I had a great dinner. The waiter was fabulous and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab cakes ..best eversusanDined on 8/30/2014This dinner meal was outstanding. We brought our own wine, ordered several appetizers, side dishes and crab cakes. We had enough food for 2 days and the leftovers were even better than the first night. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014FABULOUS! We have been to Chop many times and the experience keeps getting better.Special Features:
- Grat2eatVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the dining experience. The food and service was outstanding. The decor is beautiful, but the lack of sufficient air conditioning was over bearingSpecial Features:
- BammabammaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything was wonderful from the person seating us, the attentiveness of the waiter and of course the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good friends!CapriDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful evening out. The wine was spectacular as well as the food and dessert. I would highly recommend chops lobster bar. It's truly one of the best in Boca Raton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestvictoriafmVIPDined on 8/25/2014We love steakhouses and Chops is the best. Excelent service, food and wine. Now they have a new $49 menu that we had and was very good. We recomend it!!Special Features:
- Strange but truestrongboyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful high quality ingredients & everything but their premier TRIPLE PORTERHOUSE prepared to perfection. Wanted a pink tinged crisp outside steak, but got a blood raw. Sent it back not once, not twice but three times & still was just medium rare. Each time just passed through the kitchen for a few seconds before being retuned to our table. Manager admitted that they always undercook to the order intentionally, but who knew! Continued to insist that their way was correct and that I did not how to order or EAT their food. Only eating & cooking for 70 years! Waiter abandoned responsibility. Should check preparation was as ordered before serving. We specified color & texture, (above), not something generic like just past medium.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Wonderful evening to celebrate a birthday. Food was great, service, Doug our waiter, couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- CHOPS SCORES AGAINspecsDined on 8/20/2014Always a pleasure to dine at CHOPS. Service is outstanding and they greet you by name. Never ate a bad dish here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Was my wife's birthday. She selected Chops specifically for the occasion. Was a great experience from the greeting at the door, to our waiter, to an unparalleled steak. An exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- We loved itGingVIPDined on 8/19/2014Chops consistently has great food and service and during the summer there are fewer diners so it is quiet. We eat there regularly and highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Local FoodieDavidDined on 8/16/2014I have been dining at Chops in both Georgia and Boca Raton for many years now. The level of service and the quality of food are top notch. The menu is extensive and can accommodate all ages. On my most recent visit I dined with my wife and 2 children ages 12 and 10 who love the young diners menu. Just go and enjoy yourself. It is one of the few local high end restaurants that offer the Bone-in Filet and also dare to lightly pan fry a huge Lobster Tail.Special Features:
- very good!!!GINADined on 8/13/2014we Always use to go by them because everything is amazing..the people.the servisse the ambiance and of course the excelente awesome food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened ?SupertoothVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have enjoyed Chops many times. We celebrated my birthday and our wedding anniversary that night. We were just finishing our first course when the main course arrived ! It was too fast, so we sent it back. The good news is that management apologized for the poor service , which was the fault of the kitchen, not our waiter. We were treated to dinner by the manager , with his apology. That was a very professional manner to insure that we were appreciated as customers and that we shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014As always we had great food and great service Thank you to Jason for his great service serving a table of 10 people is not easy and thank you to Munroe for placing us in a great table
- Very nice eveningfine2dineVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our waiter was terrific, and helped make the evening memorable. The food was prepared as ordered and was delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Perfect dining experience! Great drinks, delicious food and an affordable price fix menu! Not only was my server attentive, our server from the last time, Michelle, came over twice to check on us and make sure we were happy! Can't ask for anything more! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHOPS IS SUPER DELIGHTlov2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014On the most crowded night we ever encountered, service remained professional against all odds. There were so many young children, too! (Most surprising for such as upscale eatery on a Friday night) Filet mignon was as perfect as always, (all steaks were superb).side dishes of mushrooms, onion rings were superb. SPectacular Cheesecake-incredible size portions. Great welcome from the staff and management compete a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip It!!!!!!!queenbugcooksDined on 8/7/2014The food is tired and played out! They need a chef with fresh ideas to come in and really revamp the menu. The plates were tiny, the steaks dried out and please pass up on the fried lobster. Why would you fry a lobster? I was looking for a great experience not so much!!!
- Bad experienceNickyVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had planned this dinner for my moms birthday. They had problems with the air conditioning and it was brutal inside. We should have received a call before hand to let us know before we came. We ended up leaving after sitting for 15 minutesSpecial Features:
- Great Surf and Turf!luvtoeatwellDined on 8/3/2014The steaks are first-rate caliber, done to perfection, and the grilled lobster tail that I had was superb. The waitstaff was very attentive and informative, and looked eager to please. We can't say enough about this dining experience over-all. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkBDined on 8/3/2014We dined at Chops to celebrate a birthday. The selections on the $49 menu were excellent. I chose the Prime NY Strip, another member of our group chose the 1 1/2 lb lobster. Both meals were perfectly cooked and delicious. The $49 menu really is a good value when you consider all the great food and service. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014we travel from Aventura to Boca, for this, our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All were happy!laurindaDined on 8/2/2014The only issue is the noise level. By the end of the evening we were exhausted having to speak loudly to be heard. We were only four people and even that small number was difficult for conversation. Otherwise, excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014we had a problem with the steaks being cooked as ordered.. 2 had to go back.. one looked like it had been cooked in a frying pan and both were overcooked.. vegetables came out luke warm.. manager was exceptional nice and removed the price of one dinner from the bill..Special Features:
- One Of The Best Steak HousesnamajanVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner here on Saturday evening. I requested the table that I wanted and was given it. I started off with the Oysters Rockefeller, which were cooked to perfection. My hubby and friend, ordered from the special menu, which had some great choices. They both order for an app. the Jumbo Shrimp and crab app. For dinner I ordered the petite fillet, which was excellent. My hubby ordered the fillet also which came with fresh vegetables, and our friend ordered the Surf & Turf. She loved it. Side dishes that I ordered were the Potatoes lyonnaise & Creamed Spinach. The best. A bit on the expensive side, but worth it.Special Features:
- Outstanding service & upscale ambiaDorisysDined on 7/26/2014Outstanding service and an upscale ambiance combined with very well prepared dishes make this a great nice date night out location. I had the scallops with risotto and it was superb! The bar area had a live band which added to a great evening out!Special Features:
- Great food. Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014A great spot for dinner. Everything at Chops works.Special Features:
- Delicious lamb chops, fried lobsterLorimDined on 7/25/2014We loved the watermelon sangria. Devoured the fried lobster and the lamb chops were huge and delicious. Beautiful array of desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as usual!floridaguy8Dined on 7/24/2014Excellent food, excellent service! Wait staff extremely knowledgeable, professional and attentive (in a good way). Food was fresh, well prepared and delicious. Lively atmosphere.Special Features:
- WOW WOW WOWChris3412VIPDined on 7/22/2014First time at Chops (which came highly recommended) and it did not disappoint! Service is INCREDIBLE! Very attentive, very helpful, always around (but not invasive!). One guest at off the $49 three course meal and it was outstanding! Although 3 deserts are listed you can swap for any one. It is worth the price!! Definitely going to go back, and try the one in Fort Lauderdale! A must!Special Features:
- Outstanding!lisaVIPDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is always a favorite but the food and service was so outstanding that it is one my favorite restaurant in Boca Raton. Bravo!Special Features:
- Best of the Buckhead group?TravelFoodieDined on 7/19/2014My bride and I celebrated our 34th anniversary at this Boca Raton gem. From all aspects; the reception, decor, atmosphere, quality of food, and the highest level of service excellence...Chops Oyster Bar excels. We've dined at most of the Atlanta based Buckhead group and would definitely recommend this star! A bit pricey, but well worth it for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual....DonSLVIPDined on 7/18/2014Dinner Friday evening was superb from service to food to ambiance. This time at the restaurant we dined to celebrate two birthdays. Not certain who spilled the birthday beans but two scrumptious deserts were presented. A truly premier choice from all the "fine" dining steak restaurants in Boca Raton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!foodieDined on 7/17/2014We were not disappointed. It was our first visit and definitely will not be the last! Steaks were cooked to perfection and service went beyond outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as AlwaysGingVIPDined on 7/15/2014Chops is consistently outstanding with excellent food and service. The menu choices are varied and we eat there regularly and think it is great!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceBrooklyn10Dined on 7/14/2014The wait service was impeccable!!! The food was outstanding as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just great againrloot75Dined on 7/13/2014Best restaurant in Boca hands down. Bone in rib-eye is amazing. Try the corn mash too. Just a great spot for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.