Chops Lobster Bar
70 W Paces Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chops Lobster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar/
- Phone: 4042622675x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Delesandro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Same as "banquets" above.
- Private Party Contact: William Miller 4042622675x
A word from Chops Lobster Bar
Chops Lobster Bar is a seafood and steak lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chops Lobster Bar - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Chops Lobster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)romantic (108)fit for foodies (85)notable wine list (73)good for groups (42)hot spot (41)neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (13)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lovely dinnerLolly1Dined on 8/27/2014We had a really nice meal at Chops Lobster Bar courtesy of the Buckhead Life Group Dining Around card. The prices on the menu were a bit daunting, but the food was outstanding, even though we chose a couple of the more moderately priced entrees. Our server, Kelly, was engaging, charming, and very helpful in navigating the menu and the wine list. We appreciated the ambience and being able to hear each other talk. All in all, a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster disappointingDisappointingVIPDined on 8/26/2014usually food great but this time lobster tough and not in keeping with what Maine lobster is supposed to taste like. Probably a not stellar batchSpecial Features:
- Ate upstairs not in the barLenni825Dined on 8/23/2014Overall, the experience was very nice. We had some trouble with my daughter's steak being overcooked and then it came out raw, the third time was a charm. Our reservation was for the Lobster Bar but we decided to eat upstairs which was very nice.Special Features:
- Fabulous fish!efoodieDined on 8/23/2014From start to finish the food was delicious. I had the tuna tartare and the mussels; yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Grilled Lobster!PeachyVIPDined on 8/21/2014There aren't many restaurants in Atlanta that GRILL fresh lobster. Chops Lobster Bar is definitely the best always excellent service and great food!Special Features:
- Great and a ClassicMiamichemVIPDined on 8/20/2014The fried lobster app is a classic. All of our food and sides were cooked to perfection. The ambiance is great. We were initially seated at a table in far left corner but the cigar smoke from the club next door was too much. We were amicably accommodated to an even better table. Great spot but you do pay for it. A bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a special evening...midtownerVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food here is outstanding and the service flawless. A memorable evening for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great for Anniversary DinnerAlexDined on 8/16/2014My wife enjoyed the treatment from the valet, the greeter. The waiter(s) all knew our name and the event that we were celebrating and referenced it numerous times. My wife and I enjoyed it. The food was outstanding. Everything cooked and seasoned to perfection. The specials were recommended by the waiter and we enjoyed all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Lobster Bar!dinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food is always delicious! Servers are great! The Lobster Bar is one of our favorite restaurants in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant changed locationGrelaDined on 8/12/2014Went specifically to take a couple friend of ours to the Chops Lobster Bar. However, repairs were being done and we were asked to go upstairs. Very disappointed as we could have been served at a table to the back of the restaurant away from the repairs. Tried to explain but the person at the desk did not give us an option.
- Excellent but priceypanchoDined on 8/9/2014Excellent night, food and service! Be prepared to pay for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryPapadocDined on 8/8/2014Great service my wife and i really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- great serviceBuddyDined on 8/8/2014We actually made a mistake and made reservation for the Lobster Bar. When we arrived at the main dining Chops they were gracious enough to allow us to eat in Chops. Food was great, service top rate and the bar was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatNWAtlantaVIPDined on 8/8/2014As always, an excellent dining experience. Everything was superb and our waiters, Craig and Juan, did an excellent job. This is perhaps one of the best that Atlanta has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateFoodieDDined on 8/2/2014It great, the food was wonderful, and the service was great also. We both had the bone-in filet with the lobster mac & cheese and creamed spinach. The lobster mac was to die for and the creamed spinach was mediocre. I favor Ruth's Chris better, but it was still tasty none-the-less. My only problem was how hot it was in the restaurant. I am normally cold natured and I was sweating for about 45 min. Other than the heat everything was great.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014If I could give the service 6 starts, I would! Chops is a true classic and staple in Atlanta. Pretty old school, but that means you get real, professional service.Special Features:
- AmazingascarceDined on 8/2/2014Chef Ryan and his staff made it an incredible experience for us. From the food to the staff is was top notch. I would highly recommend Chops to anyone.Special Features:
- Referred by Everyonemurphster47VIPDined on 8/1/2014Everywhere I looked and whomever i asked referred me to this restaurant. I am a huge fan of the steak places & visit the higher-end establishments on a weekly basis. First and foremost the Steak (10oz bone-in filet) was hands down on the top 5 list from everywhere I have traveled so I highly recommend it, however it wasn't my first choice, they seemed to be out of a lot of choices. The entire restaurant was loud, i mean so loud i left with a sour throat trying to talk to my date. The service was terrible, they were so busy i didn't feel special and it took 25 min to get a drink - Overall - Food was good, couldn't handle the loud and unwilling service.Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding!!!TerryDined on 8/1/2014This place is magnificent, I wanted to do something special for my boyfriend, who by the way is hard to please- and he was blown away. From the time we walked in till when we left, we where greeted and everyone of the staff members wished him a happy birthday. He felt very special, and i looked liked i payed attention to every detail- thanks to them. They aslo brought him a complimentary dessert. The food was great, and abundant- the only thing I didnt like too much was the noise, but i guess everyone was having agood time. Overal I would highly recomend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HabortownregularVIPDined on 8/1/2014Halibut was outstanding! The service is attentive--still a ways to go to be a consistently great steakhouse/Special Features:
- The Best restaurant I ever been!!!!food2luvDined on 7/30/2014From you enter the restaurant they make you feel special. It felt as if we had 5 different servers. The attentive service was amazing. The food was better than you can dream of. You can not ask for anything better. We did not want to leave. We are happy we chose this restaurant for our anniversary. The best restaurant I ever been!!!! The best hands downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down in the Lobster Bar.JasonVIPDined on 7/29/2014Entertaining a business client. Made reservations well in advance requesting a table in the main dining area. Arrived right on time and were seated in the back corner next to a wait station where the waiters seemed not to care about thrashing folks and glasses around noisily. I took the seat in the "walkway" to the station and was kindly reminded of my location as I was bumped and nudged each and every time a waiter walked by. Seafood tower was prepared and presented nicely, seafood was fresh. Ordered the ribeye, but surprised at the thin cut of meat that seemed "baked" instead of seared. First, I'd have requested a different cut altogether from the butcher. Second, I'd have been better off searing the steak in an iron skilled.Special Features:
- OMG!!!BEST FILET AND LOBSTER!!!DIVA01SPOILEDROTTENDined on 7/26/2014IT WAS OUR 13TH ANNIVERSARY AND WE SPENT THE WEEKEND IN ATLANTA HAD READ ALL THE REVIEWS ON YELP AND DECIDED THIS WAS OUR RESTAURANT FOR OUR SPECIAL NITE!!! AND BOY IT WAS A TREAT FROM THE TIME YOU ENTER THIS ESTABLISHMENT IT WAS FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY THE SERVERS THE SERVERS ASSISTANTS.IT WAS PERFECT!!! AND THE BREAD PUDDING WITH THE CANDLE ON A PLATE WITH IN CHOCOLATE HAPPY 13TH ANNIVERSARY MADE IT SO THANKFUL WE CHOSE CHOP'S WE WILL FOR SURE BE GOING BACK THERE AGAIN.OH AND NOT TO MENTION RUNNING INTO A NEW ENGLAND PATRIOT IN THE REST DID'NT HURT EITHER.RODNEY HARRISON HE'S ALSO A SPORTS ANALYST.WAS DINNING IN AS WELL.I SAW THE WALL OF ALL THE CELEB WHO DINE IN THERE.AWESOME.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014We ordered Mussels as we always do, well they are no longer part of the menu. Can I have? Crabcakes? Well there's no crabcakes. Unbelieveble!!! Terrible service my wife ordered Mac and Cheese for her dish and the waiter looked at her like she had 10 heads... No more Chops for us!Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceDennis4049Dined on 7/25/2014The staff is top notch and the atmosphere has a cool vibe. Pricey but excellent food.Special Features:
- Kobe Beef...outstandingDiningDanDined on 7/24/2014If you are willing to spend the money, the Kobe beef is outrageous. We each had a 6 oz filet which was over $200, but how often do you eat the finest beef in the world. Seriously worth it. And service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Pittsburgh StyleScalloplessDined on 7/24/2014This is a restaurant that really understands "Pittsburgh Style," which is a heavily charred steak with a rare, succulent middle. (Steelworkers used to throw their lunch meat into the fire, thus the name.) My wife's steak was exactly as she wanted -- darkly charred and crunchy on the outside, cool and purple on the inside. Perfect. As a bonus, the sides are delicious, and I especially enjoyed the Brussels sprouts leaves with mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops is greatBrianDined on 7/22/2014Excellent food, great service staff takes care of your every need and make you feel special....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGregDined on 7/22/2014Great food, great atmosphere and great service.... You pay for what you get! But worth every dollar....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful wait staff.bama01Dined on 7/19/2014Definitely a nice meal, the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!HappyDinerDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed our dinner at Chops Lobster Bar! The restaurant was rather noisy and the ambience is lacking. The air conditioning must have been malfunctioning as it was quite stuffy in the restaurant. The restrooms should not be unisex! It is not satisfying, as a female, to enter the restroom after a male exits only to straddle the pee on the floor and to have to take on the task to lower the toilet seat! Chops should consider segregating the restrooms for their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Air Conditioning BrokenkebaDined on 7/19/2014We have had the pleasure of dining at Chops Lobster Bar many times in the past. This experience, however, was anything but pleasurable! The air conditioning was broken and it was beyond hot. This was compounded by the fact that they opened the doors to get a "cross breeze," but only succeeded in creating a humid mess. The service was fair (the main waiter was sarcastic) and slow, at best. It took a very long time to get drinks and the waiter "forgot" to put in a drink order at one point. The food was nothing special, either. There was nothing offered to compensate for the heat and humidity when we complained. The staff just agreed and said how miserable it was for them. In retrospect, we should have left right away.Special Features:
- YOU WILL LOVE IT!danny51Dined on 7/19/2014I normally don't lie seafood, but I took my wife here and I have to say it was fantastic! We shared lobster, crab cakes, and salmon and it was all absolutely amazing. We had two waiters that checked on us frequently enough to keep us happy but not so much as to be annoying. They were wonderful. The design, vibes, and romantic atmosphere make for a great special occasion and I would highly recommend it. I will e going back!Special Features:
- Lovely night outCaravannVIPDined on 7/17/2014We have dined at The Lobster Bar before, so it was no surprise that everything was incredible. Love the informed and well-mannered wait staff, superior food and perfect atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouseF1FanDined on 7/16/2014This is a big restaurant. Been here many times before and this was the first time I was seated on the first floor. I think the restaurant smells better on the first floor and it is more intimate (ie smaller dining area). WE had a great waiter, service was very attentive and all his recommendation worked great. We had lobster creviche and soft shell crab for appetizers and shared a Porterhouse medium rare with mushrooms and aspargus and finsih dinner with creme brulee. Everything was as ordered and was very good.Special Features:
- great, only if you like fine foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014could not be better food-wise. We lost our waiter's attention towards the end, but all else was superior.Special Features:
- Great Steaks!GrantDined on 7/15/2014Chops was a great place to go for surf & turf! Fairly pricey, but if you're planning on splurging for a great steakhouse experience, Chops is a fantastic option!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnersBOOODined on 7/12/2014We went here to celebrate mine, my wife's, and my mother's Birthday. Food was wonderful! Kinda crowded and loud, but service was great. I recommend eating early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner down underNothard2pleaseDined on 7/5/2014Arrived at appointed time at Chops (upstairs) properly attired (sport coat) and was told I had made reservations in the lobster bar. Host looked at me with a smirk and said don't worry the menu is the same. So we went downstairs and were seated along a wall elbow to elbow with other diners. My wife sat on the wall and I sat in a worn out chair that sank so bad I almost asked for a booster seat. Dinner was good...not great. Baked potato was on the cold side though. Disappointing for such a notable place.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedGourmanVIPDined on 7/2/2014This was our first time dining here. We had gotten the recommendation from open table. The service was very good. The food was prepared to our order. A good dining experience overall. Warning the price can be a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.