Chops Lobster Bar
70 W Paces Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chops Lobster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar/
- Phone: 4042622675x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Delesandro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Same as "banquets" above.
- Private Party Contact: William Miller 4042622675x
A word from Chops Lobster Bar
Chops Lobster Bar is a seafood and steak lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chops Lobster Bar - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Chops Lobster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)fit for foodies (88)romantic (83)notable wine list (70)hot spot (51)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Worth Every PennyuniqueDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic! We went for the first time for our 5 year anniversary and the seafood and steak were delicious. The service was right on point and although it's pricey, it's worth it to me for those special occasions or if you have it like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Buckhead DiningVolddsDined on 10/17/2014Great spot for friends to enjoy a meal ! Service was a little lacking compared to the past but food was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSimonneDined on 10/16/2014I truly enjoyed dinning at Chops. The food was just amazing. The server was very knowledgeable. The hostesses were friendly. Since I had reservation there was no wait time. It was great.Special Features:
- Divine Dining!LuvtobepamperedDined on 10/16/2014The service, the food, the decor, EVERYTHING was truly wonderful! Chops is always outstanding and I am never disappointed. It is expensive but in my opinion it's worth it.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2014Special evening and special food and service. Expensive but well the money. Food and service were perfect. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysjennDined on 10/11/2014We love to eat at The Lobster Bar if we get a chance while visiting Atlanta. The food is great, and will not disappoint. It's a very vibrant scene, great for adults. And although I wouldn't necessarily call this a place for children, the staff has always been so very nice to our children: the bartender brought a live lobster out for our kids to see/touch, the server brought them extra cherries in their Shirley Temples, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead favorite!Oxford1010Dined on 10/10/2014Favorite place to dine with friends! Excellent food and service. Very professional valet staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's BdayLuv2eatDined on 10/9/2014Great location! has valet parking! Ambiance was perfect, lighting was just right no problem reading the menu. Food was outstanding, we had the Porter House for two, steak was cook to the right temperature and melted in your mouth. The calamari and Lobster appetizer were delicious and right portion size. The lobster macaroni & cheese was out of this world. desserts were "the icing on cake" The wait staff were the best I had, they were on top of all our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood is the Star!LuvWithFoodDined on 10/7/2014The seafood is the Star at Lobster Bar! The steak was ok but the fried lobster tail and the crab cake were out of this world! ! If you are going to Lobster Bar, order from the seafood part of the menu, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!lovetoeatDined on 10/7/2014Food was outstanding! Service was excellent! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience Ever!!!FirstclassDined on 10/7/2014We decided to take my sister here to celebrate her birthday. From the moment we walked in until the time we left the Service was phenomenal. Several of the staff members made my sister feel special by wishing her a happy birthday. The ambiance was amazing. And the food was superb! This is now my favorite restaurant in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceBostonmacDined on 10/4/2014The bone is rib eye was very good along with the appetizers lobster tail and calamari. Edurdo, was a great waiter.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceGreatDining28Dined on 10/3/2014The staff is very professional and accommodating to your needs. Matthew provided excellent service. I was celebrating my birthday on this occasion. I had the bone end rib-eye it was cooked perfect at the temperature I requested.Special Features:
- DisappointedChattyVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have been going to lobster bar since it's opening, but this time we took guests and were disappointed. The lobster was "tough". Our friend had the lobster tail and it was very chewy, my husband has his usual "flash fried" and said the same. The area where we sat was filled with cigar smoke from the nearby club. So much so, we had to hang our clothes outside when returning home. Even though service was ok, it seemed a little less crisp than the last time we had been to Lobster bar. We will return and give it another chance but not too soon. We love it there so hope they improve this decline.
- Terrific RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/2/2014Always one of the best in Atlanta, Chops is still the top of the heap. Fantastic food and service. Whether upstairs or down, the ambiance is fun and comfortable. The lobster tempura is delicious, and the huge onion rings are not to be missed. Steaks are perfectly prepared and great quality. All of the appetizers we tried, including the carpaccio and beef tenderloin tartare were splendid. A really great restaurant with great service and delighfully delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ServiceRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 10/1/2014We started with the Maine Lobster Bisque which was excellent and perfectly prepared. We then both had the Swordfish Pepper Steak was really well done and put together dish. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crab cakes were outstandingbardoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Have been here many times, but this time the crab cakes were exceptionally delicious and we had a great time!Special Features:
- CocktailsbillsreviewsVIPDined on 9/26/2014One party ordered a mixed cocktail and was very disappointed since it hardly contained any liquor. He told the waiter who said he would fix it and brought another cocktail that was much better but my friend was charged for it. I think that this was terrible in a restaurant where we spent $175.00 w/o tip for dinner. The restaurant should have picked up the cost of that drink...most disappointed and will probably no longer dine at the Lobster Bar again which always had been one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great Night!!ToniWDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time patronizing Chops Lobster Bar. Food was great!! Service was great!! I just got married and they sent over a congratulatory dessert. Going above and beyond for your customers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super evening!TonyDined on 9/17/2014This location is turning into our favorite ATL dining experience! Food and staff were great! Crab cake app was amazing - no filler! We did the steak and lobster dinners to celebrate my wife's BD. Truely outstanding and done to perfection. It was a great evening - Thank you CLB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Dinner!MBTinLASDined on 9/16/2014We went for a business dinner and everything was great. The service was fantastic and the food was outstanding. I loved our round table for conversations!Special Features:
- Chops Lobster BarBrianDined on 9/16/2014Excellent, excellen, excellent, what more can be said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightFoodielyssaDined on 9/12/2014As my date and I entered the dining area, we were immediately greeted by friendly staff. As we walked to our table, we were delighted by the lobster bar area and lovely decor. Our waiter was very prompt with taking our drink order and reciting the evenings features and offering suggestions. We ended up ordering a lobsyer bisque, salad, 2ib lobster, filet, honey glazed carrots, Parmesan truffled fries. For the price of the bisque I would expect some shredded lobster in it (for $8 more you can add chunks of lobster), presentation wasn't special but the taste was amazing. The watermelon salad was presented lovely and very refreshing combo. Filet was cooked perfectly MR but not as charred as we thought it would be. Sides delicious. Overall goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.5stardinerDined on 9/11/2014Decided to get away from my "normal" stops in ATL and I wasn't disappointed. 5 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, noisyDiamondDaveDined on 9/6/2014Although extremely overpriced, the food is great. Its a good place for a special occasion, but not going to pay $10 for 1/3 of a glass of wine and $9 for a baked potato very often. Service was OK but the place was so noisy that we could barely carry on a conversation without yelling across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellentGreatDining28Dined on 9/5/2014The food was mouth watering. Our Server Matthew was so great we have requested him for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014Our server was excellent and the service was great. The soft shell crab appetizer was one of the best I have ever had. Being from the north (Philadelphia) it has been hard to find soft shells down here (especially done right). As my husband is handicapped and cannot use his left hand and arm, I asked that his steak be cut for him in the kitchen. It was done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Be the HypeMisterBostonDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I dined here for our anniversary. The service was superb. We ordered the arugula and watermelon salad, which was delicious. The entree's, unfortunately, couldn't keep up. My wife, the steak connoisseur, had the bone-in ribeye and I had the sea bass and salmon. For sides, we had the broccoli and carrots. The broccoli was good, but the carrots had to be returned. We couldn't eat them. The flavor of the sea bass, while light and fluffy, was a bit bland. I think that they relied on the accompanying sauce to provide the flavor. My wife's steak was extremely tender but totally lacking flavor. We brought it home to doctor it up but the smell of it in the car made us think otherwise. I'd definitely recommend other places.Special Features:
- Dinner with my daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Good selection of appetizers. Should have ordered the Lobster Bisque!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We have gone to chops lobster bar many times. Saturday night was disappointing. My husbands steak was not up to par. Service was not on point as it normally is.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Took my cousins from NY here and they absolutely loved the food!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerafa1Dined on 8/29/2014My family planned a birthday dinner for my father and the service staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful. They went to the trouble of timing the cake and candles coming out just at the right time- our waiter set up a code word with me to know when- and were just generally friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The food is perfect every time we go.Special Features:
- Oh, my!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014So glad to find Chops on our recent trip to Buckhead! My husband said his Pittsburg rare strip was one of the best ever! My lobster was excellent beyond words! Great service, you can't get much better! Thanks!Special Features:
- Dinner @ chops lobster barBeBuddyDined on 8/27/2014Food was incredible! Crab cakes were the Best I 've ever had. Huge lumps of crabmeat. My strawberry/arugula salad was presented in such an appealing way that I had to make a picture to keep! The steak was so tender and delicious it made my husband wish that he had not saved "room" for more. It was a perfect evening to celebrate our 47th wedding anniversary. Thanks for the wonderful memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerLolly1Dined on 8/27/2014We had a really nice meal at Chops Lobster Bar courtesy of the Buckhead Life Group Dining Around card. The prices on the menu were a bit daunting, but the food was outstanding, even though we chose a couple of the more moderately priced entrees. Our server, Kelly, was engaging, charming, and very helpful in navigating the menu and the wine list. We appreciated the ambience and being able to hear each other talk. All in all, a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a standardddppoDined on 8/27/2014The food is always superb and service excellent. I have never had an unpleasant meal here.Special Features:
- Lobster disappointingDisappointingVIPDined on 8/26/2014usually food great but this time lobster tough and not in keeping with what Maine lobster is supposed to taste like. Probably a not stellar batchSpecial Features:
- Ate upstairs not in the barLenni825Dined on 8/23/2014Overall, the experience was very nice. We had some trouble with my daughter's steak being overcooked and then it came out raw, the third time was a charm. Our reservation was for the Lobster Bar but we decided to eat upstairs which was very nice.Special Features:
- Fabulous fish!efoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014From start to finish the food was delicious. I had the tuna tartare and the mussels; yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Grilled Lobster!PeachyVIPDined on 8/21/2014There aren't many restaurants in Atlanta that GRILL fresh lobster. Chops Lobster Bar is definitely the best always excellent service and great food!Special Features: