Chops Lobster Bar
70 W Paces Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chops Lobster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar/
- Phone: (404) 262-2675
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Delesandro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Same as "banquets" above.
- Private Party Contact: William Miller 4042622675x
A word from Chops Lobster Bar
Chops Lobster Bar is a seafood and steak lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chops Lobster Bar - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Chops Lobster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)fit for foodies (91)romantic (78)notable wine list (67)good for groups (53)hot spot (51)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great 1st ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My overall experience was excellent. The only hiccup was that someone had came in about 5 minutes before I did, lied about who they were and took my reservation. One of the drawbacks of having a very common last name I guess. But the staff was amazing at not only getting us another table in less than 10 minutes but they also got us a BETTER one, with an excellent view of the entire restaurant. The food was outstanding, our waiter was hilarious, and the overall experience was great. I will definitely make a second appearance there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014My wife and I celebrated out 43 wedding anniversary this past week and chose Chops as the place to go (based on a recommendation from our son). Staff was attentive without being overbearing. Food was excellent! Complimentary dessert, even to writing "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on the rim of the plate! Fairly quiet, allowing us to eat, and enjoy each others company without being disturbed. A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningGoGreek2Dined on 11/15/2014Had a great evening with a couple of friends catching up and having a great meal and cocktails, with consistent well timed service. Is my go to place for reliable dining with minimal fuss and maximum great experience!! Job well done by the staff at The Lobster Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JAM51Dined on 11/15/2014The staff is the most efficient, congenial and try to make your dinner most pleasant and engaging. The food was good and presentation excellent, again complimented by a well trained staff. Would recommend this restaurant to all, especially for that important occassion or event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckyDined on 11/11/2014Food cooked to perfection. Service levels high. Waiter was an odd duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014Have not been to the Lobster Bar in a year. Food, service , ambiance were as usual outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great AnniversaryhwcandcecDined on 11/4/2014My wife and I just celebrated our 25th....we had a great time. the waitstaff made the night special. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you had me at bread puddingluv2eatDined on 11/1/2014outstanding time by all! Dinner for 4 Saturday night, great service, food. Only complaint was that we were seated by the door, but outside of that it was top notch. I personally had the dry aged bone in strip, brussel sprouts, truffle fries, Caesar and the bread pudding for dessert. All our meal choices were on point and the taste was outstanding. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Best meal in AtlantasoccerDined on 11/1/2014This was one of the best meals I have ever had in Atlanta. We went there for my husband's birthday. We had oysters, escargot and a smoked salmon appetizer. Everything was fresh and well prepared. My husband loves lamb and it was very good. The steaks are excellent and so was the dover sole that they filet for you on a cart. I also liked the brussell sprout leaves side. The restaurant is a bit pricey and you have to order your sides ala carte. But, there were 5 of us so 3 sides was really plenty. Definitely, a great special occasion place. Will be back there no doubt. Yum....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wocon LikeswoconDined on 11/1/2014We had a great dinner with friends from out of town. Foie gras delicious, Kobe beef delicious, lobster bisque delicious. Server was great, very pleasant and helpful with dining suggestions. Would be great choice for most any occasion. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafoodGourmetettesVIPDined on 11/1/2014We usually dine here at least once a year for the outstanding seafood selections. We started with a tuna appetizer, then I had the seafood medley, including a delicious South African lobster tail, salmon and a crab cake. My husband got an oriental seafood/sea bass/salmon dish which he loved. I took my crab cake home with me to enjoy the next day since I was so full. If you love seafood and lobster, this is the place to be.Special Features:
- Awesome food and great service!SusanDined on 10/31/2014Made reservations to celebrate a promotion with friends, it was perfect!Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmospheremissvaDined on 10/31/2014Great place to celebrate anything romantic! Thanks for an enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!FoodjunkieDined on 10/25/2014I had an amazing time, enjoyed the food the service the food was to die for.Special Features:
- Best Steak in AtlantaHumbleTexanDined on 10/21/2014The Kobe filet was out awesome and our server Craig was one of the best we ever had. I will go back to this restaurant every time I am in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Every PennyuniqueDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic! We went for the first time for our 5 year anniversary and the seafood and steak were delicious. The service was right on point and although it's pricey, it's worth it to me for those special occasions or if you have it like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Buckhead DiningVolddsDined on 10/17/2014Great spot for friends to enjoy a meal ! Service was a little lacking compared to the past but food was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSimonneDined on 10/16/2014I truly enjoyed dinning at Chops. The food was just amazing. The server was very knowledgeable. The hostesses were friendly. Since I had reservation there was no wait time. It was great.Special Features:
- Divine Dining!LuvtobepamperedDined on 10/16/2014The service, the food, the decor, EVERYTHING was truly wonderful! Chops is always outstanding and I am never disappointed. It is expensive but in my opinion it's worth it.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2014Special evening and special food and service. Expensive but well the money. Food and service were perfect. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysjennDined on 10/11/2014We love to eat at The Lobster Bar if we get a chance while visiting Atlanta. The food is great, and will not disappoint. It's a very vibrant scene, great for adults. And although I wouldn't necessarily call this a place for children, the staff has always been so very nice to our children: the bartender brought a live lobster out for our kids to see/touch, the server brought them extra cherries in their Shirley Temples, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead favorite!Oxford1010Dined on 10/10/2014Favorite place to dine with friends! Excellent food and service. Very professional valet staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's BdayLuv2eatDined on 10/9/2014Great location! has valet parking! Ambiance was perfect, lighting was just right no problem reading the menu. Food was outstanding, we had the Porter House for two, steak was cook to the right temperature and melted in your mouth. The calamari and Lobster appetizer were delicious and right portion size. The lobster macaroni & cheese was out of this world. desserts were "the icing on cake" The wait staff were the best I had, they were on top of all our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood is the Star!LuvWithFoodDined on 10/7/2014The seafood is the Star at Lobster Bar! The steak was ok but the fried lobster tail and the crab cake were out of this world! ! If you are going to Lobster Bar, order from the seafood part of the menu, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!lovetoeatDined on 10/7/2014Food was outstanding! Service was excellent! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience Ever!!!FirstclassDined on 10/7/2014We decided to take my sister here to celebrate her birthday. From the moment we walked in until the time we left the Service was phenomenal. Several of the staff members made my sister feel special by wishing her a happy birthday. The ambiance was amazing. And the food was superb! This is now my favorite restaurant in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceBostonmacDined on 10/4/2014The bone is rib eye was very good along with the appetizers lobster tail and calamari. Edurdo, was a great waiter.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceGreatDining28Dined on 10/3/2014The staff is very professional and accommodating to your needs. Matthew provided excellent service. I was celebrating my birthday on this occasion. I had the bone end rib-eye it was cooked perfect at the temperature I requested.Special Features:
- DisappointedChattyVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have been going to lobster bar since it's opening, but this time we took guests and were disappointed. The lobster was "tough". Our friend had the lobster tail and it was very chewy, my husband has his usual "flash fried" and said the same. The area where we sat was filled with cigar smoke from the nearby club. So much so, we had to hang our clothes outside when returning home. Even though service was ok, it seemed a little less crisp than the last time we had been to Lobster bar. We will return and give it another chance but not too soon. We love it there so hope they improve this decline.
- Terrific RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/2/2014Always one of the best in Atlanta, Chops is still the top of the heap. Fantastic food and service. Whether upstairs or down, the ambiance is fun and comfortable. The lobster tempura is delicious, and the huge onion rings are not to be missed. Steaks are perfectly prepared and great quality. All of the appetizers we tried, including the carpaccio and beef tenderloin tartare were splendid. A really great restaurant with great service and delighfully delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ServiceRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 10/1/2014We started with the Maine Lobster Bisque which was excellent and perfectly prepared. We then both had the Swordfish Pepper Steak was really well done and put together dish. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crab cakes were outstandingbardoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Have been here many times, but this time the crab cakes were exceptionally delicious and we had a great time!Special Features:
- CocktailsbillsreviewsVIPDined on 9/26/2014One party ordered a mixed cocktail and was very disappointed since it hardly contained any liquor. He told the waiter who said he would fix it and brought another cocktail that was much better but my friend was charged for it. I think that this was terrible in a restaurant where we spent $175.00 w/o tip for dinner. The restaurant should have picked up the cost of that drink...most disappointed and will probably no longer dine at the Lobster Bar again which always had been one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great Night!!ToniWDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time patronizing Chops Lobster Bar. Food was great!! Service was great!! I just got married and they sent over a congratulatory dessert. Going above and beyond for your customers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super evening!TonyDined on 9/17/2014This location is turning into our favorite ATL dining experience! Food and staff were great! Crab cake app was amazing - no filler! We did the steak and lobster dinners to celebrate my wife's BD. Truely outstanding and done to perfection. It was a great evening - Thank you CLB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Dinner!MBTinLASDined on 9/16/2014We went for a business dinner and everything was great. The service was fantastic and the food was outstanding. I loved our round table for conversations!Special Features:
- Chops Lobster BarBrianDined on 9/16/2014Excellent, excellen, excellent, what more can be said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightFoodielyssaDined on 9/12/2014As my date and I entered the dining area, we were immediately greeted by friendly staff. As we walked to our table, we were delighted by the lobster bar area and lovely decor. Our waiter was very prompt with taking our drink order and reciting the evenings features and offering suggestions. We ended up ordering a lobsyer bisque, salad, 2ib lobster, filet, honey glazed carrots, Parmesan truffled fries. For the price of the bisque I would expect some shredded lobster in it (for $8 more you can add chunks of lobster), presentation wasn't special but the taste was amazing. The watermelon salad was presented lovely and very refreshing combo. Filet was cooked perfectly MR but not as charred as we thought it would be. Sides delicious. Overall goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.5stardinerDined on 9/11/2014Decided to get away from my "normal" stops in ATL and I wasn't disappointed. 5 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, noisyDiamondDaveDined on 9/6/2014Although extremely overpriced, the food is great. Its a good place for a special occasion, but not going to pay $10 for 1/3 of a glass of wine and $9 for a baked potato very often. Service was OK but the place was so noisy that we could barely carry on a conversation without yelling across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.