Chops Lobster Bar
70 W Paces Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chops Lobster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar/
- Phone: 4042622675x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Delesandro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Same as "banquets" above.
- Private Party Contact: William Miller 4042622675x
A word from Chops Lobster Bar
Chops Lobster Bar is a seafood and steak lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chops Lobster Bar - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Chops Lobster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)romantic (104)fit for foodies (94)notable wine list (80)hot spot (49)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (42)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (11)late-night find (11)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- crab cakes were outstandingbardoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Have been here many times, but this time the crab cakes were exceptionally delicious and we had a great time!Special Features:
- CocktailsbillsreviewsVIPDined on 9/26/2014One party ordered a mixed cocktail and was very disappointed since it hardly contained any liquor. He told the waiter who said he would fix it and brought another cocktail that was much better but my friend was charged for it. I think that this was terrible in a restaurant where we spent $175.00 w/o tip for dinner. The restaurant should have picked up the cost of that drink...most disappointed and will probably no longer dine at the Lobster Bar again which always had been one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great Night!!ToniWDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time patronizing Chops Lobster Bar. Food was great!! Service was great!! I just got married and they sent over a congratulatory dessert. Going above and beyond for your customers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super evening!TonyDined on 9/17/2014This location is turning into our favorite ATL dining experience! Food and staff were great! Crab cake app was amazing - no filler! We did the steak and lobster dinners to celebrate my wife's BD. Truely outstanding and done to perfection. It was a great evening - Thank you CLB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Dinner!MBTinLASDined on 9/16/2014We went for a business dinner and everything was great. The service was fantastic and the food was outstanding. I loved our round table for conversations!Special Features:
- Chops Lobster BarBrianDined on 9/16/2014Excellent, excellen, excellent, what more can be said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightFoodielyssaDined on 9/12/2014As my date and I entered the dining area, we were immediately greeted by friendly staff. As we walked to our table, we were delighted by the lobster bar area and lovely decor. Our waiter was very prompt with taking our drink order and reciting the evenings features and offering suggestions. We ended up ordering a lobsyer bisque, salad, 2ib lobster, filet, honey glazed carrots, Parmesan truffled fries. For the price of the bisque I would expect some shredded lobster in it (for $8 more you can add chunks of lobster), presentation wasn't special but the taste was amazing. The watermelon salad was presented lovely and very refreshing combo. Filet was cooked perfectly MR but not as charred as we thought it would be. Sides delicious. Overall goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.5stardinerDined on 9/11/2014Decided to get away from my "normal" stops in ATL and I wasn't disappointed. 5 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, noisyDiamondDaveDined on 9/6/2014Although extremely overpriced, the food is great. Its a good place for a special occasion, but not going to pay $10 for 1/3 of a glass of wine and $9 for a baked potato very often. Service was OK but the place was so noisy that we could barely carry on a conversation without yelling across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellentGreatDining28Dined on 9/5/2014The food was mouth watering. Our Server Matthew was so great we have requested him for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014Our server was excellent and the service was great. The soft shell crab appetizer was one of the best I have ever had. Being from the north (Philadelphia) it has been hard to find soft shells down here (especially done right). As my husband is handicapped and cannot use his left hand and arm, I asked that his steak be cut for him in the kitchen. It was done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Be the HypeMisterBostonDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I dined here for our anniversary. The service was superb. We ordered the arugula and watermelon salad, which was delicious. The entree's, unfortunately, couldn't keep up. My wife, the steak connoisseur, had the bone-in ribeye and I had the sea bass and salmon. For sides, we had the broccoli and carrots. The broccoli was good, but the carrots had to be returned. We couldn't eat them. The flavor of the sea bass, while light and fluffy, was a bit bland. I think that they relied on the accompanying sauce to provide the flavor. My wife's steak was extremely tender but totally lacking flavor. We brought it home to doctor it up but the smell of it in the car made us think otherwise. I'd definitely recommend other places.Special Features:
- Dinner with my daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Good selection of appetizers. Should have ordered the Lobster Bisque!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We have gone to chops lobster bar many times. Saturday night was disappointing. My husbands steak was not up to par. Service was not on point as it normally is.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Took my cousins from NY here and they absolutely loved the food!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerafa1Dined on 8/29/2014My family planned a birthday dinner for my father and the service staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful. They went to the trouble of timing the cake and candles coming out just at the right time- our waiter set up a code word with me to know when- and were just generally friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The food is perfect every time we go.Special Features:
- Oh, my!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014So glad to find Chops on our recent trip to Buckhead! My husband said his Pittsburg rare strip was one of the best ever! My lobster was excellent beyond words! Great service, you can't get much better! Thanks!Special Features:
- Dinner @ chops lobster barBeBuddyDined on 8/27/2014Food was incredible! Crab cakes were the Best I 've ever had. Huge lumps of crabmeat. My strawberry/arugula salad was presented in such an appealing way that I had to make a picture to keep! The steak was so tender and delicious it made my husband wish that he had not saved "room" for more. It was a perfect evening to celebrate our 47th wedding anniversary. Thanks for the wonderful memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerLolly1Dined on 8/27/2014We had a really nice meal at Chops Lobster Bar courtesy of the Buckhead Life Group Dining Around card. The prices on the menu were a bit daunting, but the food was outstanding, even though we chose a couple of the more moderately priced entrees. Our server, Kelly, was engaging, charming, and very helpful in navigating the menu and the wine list. We appreciated the ambience and being able to hear each other talk. All in all, a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a standardddppoDined on 8/27/2014The food is always superb and service excellent. I have never had an unpleasant meal here.Special Features:
- Lobster disappointingDisappointingVIPDined on 8/26/2014usually food great but this time lobster tough and not in keeping with what Maine lobster is supposed to taste like. Probably a not stellar batchSpecial Features:
- Ate upstairs not in the barLenni825Dined on 8/23/2014Overall, the experience was very nice. We had some trouble with my daughter's steak being overcooked and then it came out raw, the third time was a charm. Our reservation was for the Lobster Bar but we decided to eat upstairs which was very nice.Special Features:
- Fabulous fish!efoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014From start to finish the food was delicious. I had the tuna tartare and the mussels; yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Grilled Lobster!PeachyVIPDined on 8/21/2014There aren't many restaurants in Atlanta that GRILL fresh lobster. Chops Lobster Bar is definitely the best always excellent service and great food!Special Features:
- Great and a ClassicMiamichemVIPDined on 8/20/2014The fried lobster app is a classic. All of our food and sides were cooked to perfection. The ambiance is great. We were initially seated at a table in far left corner but the cigar smoke from the club next door was too much. We were amicably accommodated to an even better table. Great spot but you do pay for it. A bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a special evening...midtownerVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food here is outstanding and the service flawless. A memorable evening for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great for Anniversary DinnerAlexDined on 8/16/2014My wife enjoyed the treatment from the valet, the greeter. The waiter(s) all knew our name and the event that we were celebrating and referenced it numerous times. My wife and I enjoyed it. The food was outstanding. Everything cooked and seasoned to perfection. The specials were recommended by the waiter and we enjoyed all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Lobster Bar!dinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food is always delicious! Servers are great! The Lobster Bar is one of our favorite restaurants in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant changed locationGrelaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Went specifically to take a couple friend of ours to the Chops Lobster Bar. However, repairs were being done and we were asked to go upstairs. Very disappointed as we could have been served at a table to the back of the restaurant away from the repairs. Tried to explain but the person at the desk did not give us an option.
- Excellent but priceypanchoDined on 8/9/2014Excellent night, food and service! Be prepared to pay for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryPapadocDined on 8/8/2014Great service my wife and i really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- great serviceBuddyDined on 8/8/2014We actually made a mistake and made reservation for the Lobster Bar. When we arrived at the main dining Chops they were gracious enough to allow us to eat in Chops. Food was great, service top rate and the bar was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsdragonDined on 8/8/2014I have never, in 15 years of dining here, had a bad meal. Great drinks, lively bar, good people watching & the BEST calamari in the city!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatNWAtlantaVIPDined on 8/8/2014As always, an excellent dining experience. Everything was superb and our waiters, Craig and Juan, did an excellent job. This is perhaps one of the best that Atlanta has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateFoodieDDined on 8/2/2014It great, the food was wonderful, and the service was great also. We both had the bone-in filet with the lobster mac & cheese and creamed spinach. The lobster mac was to die for and the creamed spinach was mediocre. I favor Ruth's Chris better, but it was still tasty none-the-less. My only problem was how hot it was in the restaurant. I am normally cold natured and I was sweating for about 45 min. Other than the heat everything was great.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014If I could give the service 6 starts, I would! Chops is a true classic and staple in Atlanta. Pretty old school, but that means you get real, professional service.Special Features:
- AmazingascarceDined on 8/2/2014Chef Ryan and his staff made it an incredible experience for us. From the food to the staff is was top notch. I would highly recommend Chops to anyone.Special Features:
- Referred by Everyonemurphster47VIPDined on 8/1/2014Everywhere I looked and whomever i asked referred me to this restaurant. I am a huge fan of the steak places & visit the higher-end establishments on a weekly basis. First and foremost the Steak (10oz bone-in filet) was hands down on the top 5 list from everywhere I have traveled so I highly recommend it, however it wasn't my first choice, they seemed to be out of a lot of choices. The entire restaurant was loud, i mean so loud i left with a sour throat trying to talk to my date. The service was terrible, they were so busy i didn't feel special and it took 25 min to get a drink - Overall - Food was good, couldn't handle the loud and unwilling service.Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding!!!TerryDined on 8/1/2014This place is magnificent, I wanted to do something special for my boyfriend, who by the way is hard to please- and he was blown away. From the time we walked in till when we left, we where greeted and everyone of the staff members wished him a happy birthday. He felt very special, and i looked liked i payed attention to every detail- thanks to them. They aslo brought him a complimentary dessert. The food was great, and abundant- the only thing I didnt like too much was the noise, but i guess everyone was having agood time. Overal I would highly recomend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HabortownregularVIPDined on 8/1/2014Halibut was outstanding! The service is attentive--still a ways to go to be a consistently great steakhouse/Special Features: