Chops - Folsom
250 Palladio Parkway
Folsom, CA 95630Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chops - Folsom
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chopssteakhouses.com/
- Phone: 9168171490
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Sunday 11:30am to 4pm
HAPPY HOUR: Monday - Friday 3pm to 8pm
DINNER: Monday - Sunday 4pm to Close
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Chops - Folsom
Chops Steak Seafood & Bar of Sacramento is an award-winning restaurant and bar. Locally owned, Chops specializes in classic Midwestern, corn fed, dry aged beef and the freshest seafood. Our prime ribs, steaks and chops are dry aged up to 28 days in our aging facility then hand trimmed and cut to generous portions ensuring that every steak is tender and flavorful.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chops - Folsom reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Worst Anniversary Dinner ever!ReviewsDined on 9/14/2014Our dinner was so bad that the lobster couldn't be cut with a steak knife, the mashed potatoes were not even salted, the BBQ pork sliders were cold with soggy onion strings on a smashed Hawaiian roll. Service was poor with my beverage sitting empty for over 25 minutes and the waitress had a major attitude when we complained about the quality of the food and we had to take our bill up to the bar to pay. I have had better food and service from Denny's. I will never eat at Chops again!
- Long Wait for FoodwillDined on 9/14/2014The wait for the entree was over an hour with several other tables being served much quicker. The pork chop was way undercooked!
- Steak and LobstereabtiggerDined on 8/29/2014We had the steak and lobster and the spinach stuffed mushrooms. Everything was cooked to perfection and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill slideDawgVIPDined on 8/28/2014Downhill slide not as good as it used to be the chicken was cooked before they reheated it to serve me The restaurant was empty when we got there and we still waited to sit down the waiter and bartender did not know how to make a drink
- Much Improved...SantaRosaGareVIPDined on 8/24/2014We dined with a party of 4 on Sunday August, 24. We were seated in a comfortable booth and greeted promptly by our server, (aka: manager: Brian). We were advised of the option of ordering off of the lunch menu or the brunch menu. The four of us ordered different entrees, 2 lunch and 2 brunch. Each entrée was presented beautifully and tasted very good. Support staff was very attentive. We were pleased to see a significant improvement overall as compared to our last dining experience at this establishment. Good job! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not come back.xhuteDined on 8/23/2014Food was over cooked and dry. NOT a children friendly restaurant either.Special Features:
- CoachDined on 8/20/2014Excellent food with excellent service combined to make this a great anniversary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014I have always been a huge fan of Chops, but the last few visits have been very disappointing. On the last visit, steak was ordered med rare and received medium to well done. They offered to replace, but who wants to sit with your sides and wait for another steak. Broccoli was hard and undercooked. They have changed the menu and only offer three types of steak which does not include the steakhouse classic ribeye. The server was friendly and helpful, just a little slow refilling waters, completing checking etc. we will not be returning to this location.Special Features:
- FolsomLarryDined on 8/15/2014Normally I go to their store in downtown Sacramento. However, I really liked this location in Folsom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowNicknameDined on 8/5/2014We went because we had a free dinner for your birthday coupon. Service was slow. We had ask for our water more than once. Had to ask for the bread. Menu had just changed but the online menu was the same. Could get the large porterhouse steak anymore. My steak was prepared well but tough and hard to cut. The lobster was fair but a little dry and chewy. Did not come with butter or anything. My wife's risotto came out before the cook was finished cooking it. It was running and missing the peas and cheese. The guy plating the food put it out before the cook was finished cooling it. We probably won't go back because it is expensive but the price would be ok but the food and service was 2 stars.
- TragicloveToEatSteak916Dined on 8/1/2014Weak drinks, horrible servic, the steak was bland.... Seriously I found myself wanting A1 sauce, unheard of at any other Streak House Ive been to. The steaks were over cooked, and we only saw our waitress three times during our dining experence. It is shameful to have such a nice location and to serve such poor food. Close this place and put in a Morton's or even a Black Angus.
- Anniversary DinnerKelsoDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I chose to come hereforour 2nd wedding anniversary and. It was wonderful. The food was great and not ridiculous portions (I.e. Too small or too large) and the service was very attentive. Would surly reccomend to anyone who appriciates good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop ChopsWinemanVIPDined on 7/26/2014Bad experience--Long wait for service, out of selected wine from wine list, out of selected entree. Will not return as there are several other fine dining establishments in the area.
- Always enjoyable and great serviceDJWRDined on 7/26/2014My husband had the seafood pasta and I had the top sirloin. Both tasted amazing. We also ordered a side of brussel sprout which were delicious. The reason I gave it a four was the peach salad really bad. It was too acidic and not balanced. The peaches needed to be more ripe. The onions and dried cherries need to be removed. My suggestion is that it would be better with a little goat cheese and maybe a few fresh blueberries. It should be topped with a peach vinaigrette and lemon olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedMarkRDined on 7/26/2014First time at Chops. Not impressed - especially for a steak house with high prices for the steaks. Mushroom appetizer came out barely warm, but the dish was sizzling hot. Filet at $39 just ok and kinda warm - not hot and no sizzle. Ordered "Classic" Caesar Salad. When the salad came I requested anchovies. No problem, brought me four anchovies. When bill arrived, extra charge of $2 for the anchovies (on the bill as "open food") - for a "Classic" Caesar Salad! Not the biggest deal in the world, but please don't nickle/dime me for anchovies for a salad where the basis for it is anchovies when I just ordered appetizers, salads, entrees, and a bottle of wine! Made comments to the waitress & manager. I think they'd heard it before.
- OKdinerDined on 7/19/2014Chose restaurant for location. Hostess and servers were great. Friendly and accommodating. We went there with a dinner focus. It was very quiet for a Saturday evening. I ordered the pork chop (I didn't see any chicken--could ave just missed it). My husband ordered the salmon. My dinner was ok. I ordered a med pork chop (I should have asked for recommendation since pork chop was dry). My husband really liked his salmon. No a bad place, but not anything I would choose to go back to. However, if in the area I would not be opposed to maybe trying the lunch menu.
- FirstTimeDinerDined on 7/12/2014Dinner Saturday evening...at 6:00pm...was seated immediately. This was our first visit...and will be the last. Dinner was so-so....ordered the pork chop, requested medium well....ranged from well done to rare! Dessert was warm and it was suppose to be hot... Wait staff was MIA....water glass and ice tea glass...the ice melted before one refill. Also the wait staff...quote..."I am overwhelmed I have to many tables to cover"...looking around she had three....
- Pleasant early evening dinnerRJB3VIPDined on 7/11/2014Chop's/Folsom has improved significantly since our last visit. Service was A+ and Kelsey remembered us. My husband's burger (accompanied by a leafy green salad served on its own plate) was almost too big to finish but the flavor was outstanding. His only complaint was the tomatoes--then again, unless it's August and they're fresh from the garden, he always complains! I opted for the scallop linguine, as I had never tried a pasta dish at Chops. There were 4-5 large sea scallops, cooked perfectly. The sauce was not too rich, although it had enough of a bite to jazz it up. I would order it again but ask that they minimize the red pepper seasoning. We completed our dinner with a shared apple crisp, served with creamy vanilla ice cream.Special Features:
- Normally ExcellentRichDined on 7/5/2014We have been to both Chops several times. Normally the food is excellent with some of the best steaks around. However, this trip, I was disappointed with my NY Steak. It wasn't as tender or tasty as normal, although still good from that perspective. But, it had a large piece of gristle running near one side that was difficult to cut around and reduced the effective size of the steak and the overall dinning experience. Something I would expect at Sizzler bit certainly not from Chops. Will I go back? Yes, I surely will because all past experiences have been wonderful, but another New York like this would be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere elseWineanddineDined on 7/5/2014All four of us ordered something different. From pulled pork sandwiches to NY steak and salmon. Food was mediocre. Top sirloin steak was tough. Salmon was good. Pulled pork was dry and the NY was okay, even with the blue cheese and bacon embellishments. Air conditioning system does not work properly. It was 95 degrees outside and 84 in the restaurant (we sat by the thermostat). I couldn't finish meal as I started to sweat. We had to leave. The restaurant stayed pretty empty for a Saturday. For a $30 steak, I think I will spend my money elsewhere and stay cool.Special Features:
- Great customer service!LuckdinerDined on 6/29/201429th Wedding anniversary dinner. Your staff greeted us and obviously read the note on our reservation. We were warmly greeted by the hostess who wished us a happy anniversary; very nice! Our server also recognized this occasion. He was outstanding; very attentive throughout the dinner, without being intrusive. Potato skins appetizer, great. We split a mixed greens salad which our server thoughtfully provided on two plates. My wife,s filet mignon; nice. My grilled top sirloin; so-so. The topping smothered the taste of the steak. When eaten without the topping, the steak was bland for being grilled. Onion rings, were okay. Our steaks were tender; and the portion size more than filling (we took some home). Dessert was very nice!Special Features:
- Disappointing and OverpricedMWReviewVIPDined on 6/28/2014My wife had the Filet Mignon and I had the Lamb Medalions. She said hers was OK but nothing special. Mine was awaful. The mustard sauce overpowered the lamb. Also, the "medalions" did not have the fat trimmed off, which made up half of the serving. Since the sauce had to be scapped off to avoid eating fat, the whole thing rather disgusting. At $40, this was considerably overpriced. Salads were OK but nothing special. Sides of carrots were also OK but nothing special. Wine list is rather limited. Service was OK. Atmosphere is modern industrial - hardly romantic or intimate. We won't go there again.
- Great mid-week supper restaurantFlipinfolsomDined on 6/26/2014Used the online reservation system; that worked out great! Visited on a Thur evening for a 6:30 dinner (cuz that's the only day they serve prime rib.) Seated promptly in booth (as requested online) We ordered immediately cuz we were starved. Plates were hot, wife's salmon oscar was hot, but my prime rib wasn't--more like warm, but then again I was famished so I just dove into that delicious meat! Quick service. A detraction was two flies buzzing the table! Aside from the two flies and the fat "butter knife" of a steak knife, it was a very enjoyable dinner; delicious, served fast (as requested.) Eat out mid-week and dinner is just fantastic!Special Features:
- Superb Folsom restaurantJayODined on 6/26/2014We celebrated our 61st wedding anniversary with an early meal here today. Michelle was our server, she was attentive and helpful. We will be back! Try it, you will like it too...Special Features:
- Staff LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014Our waitress was fantastic. She took great care of us. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Joleen from SacramentoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Outstanding service. Lunch, great food, reasonable prices. We had, grandchildren with us, ages, 7,4 & 1 and they were well received by staff. Lunch prices comparable to most chain restaurants and in my opinion Chops lunch offerings are tastier,ingredients of a higher quality. Service is excellent. This was my third visit for lunch. Great place for special occasion.Special Features:
- good foodTylerHofingaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Good food. My table of 4 felt the waitress was arrogant and did not listen well. i asked for additional avocado on my salad. My salad arrived with no avocado. when asked, she said i did my job. i cant help if the kitchen cant follow orders. Poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotOldGuyDined on 6/13/2014Clean and with nearby shopping and entertainment a must go to place.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerRJB3VIPDined on 5/29/2014Our food was very good. I chose grilled salmon "Oscar." it was excellent and the vegetables--spinach, carrots, and asparagus--were perfectly cooked. Hubby had filet which was also good, but he ordered a green salad as a side vs. a starch and was surprised that it was served on the same plate as the meat and veggies; it probably should have been brought out first on a separate plate. We sat in a booth and you could look into the kitchen if you so chose. If you didn't want to look, you'd have known they were there from the yakking, laughing, and joking. Not acceptable for a place that is still trying to find its niche in an upscale suburban mall. We had 5:30 rez and there were only three tables of eaters by the time we left. Prices 10-15% hi.
- Anniversary disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014Overall, really disappointed! The atmosphere was appealing, along with the variety of food and wine selections. The wine selection was great, 1869 Zin. The food presentations and quality were average. Example, the garlic fries were no different than regular fries. The bar service could be improved with some personality behind it! For the gourmet meal, my wife ordered filet migon, oscar style and I ordered a crab and artichoke sandwich with a side salad (with ranch). My wife received her entrée as the filet migon only, not oscar style. Also, my side salad arrived with the entrée, only to have blue cheese dressing, not ranch. Both were sent back. The service was slow with an inexperienced waitress with a empty restaurant.Special Features:
- Hit and MissTedinEDHVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is usually one of our favorites. I guess a management change can be the kiss of death. We arrived for happy hour. The restaurant was nearly empty, bar was moderate. We grabbed a table, ordered drinks and food. Then waited an eternity. The table next to us sat 15-20 minutes after we did, and received their food (same item we ordered) and ate (we still sat empty table for another 15 min). Staff was standing around talking to each other (oblivious). Eventually server came said he would check, came back said kitchen lost ticket. Rushed food thru , result hot plate, cold food. Manager brought each additional glass of house wine. Sent food back, got back a much smaller portion (was comped). Were regulars not sure if going back now very sad.
- The following 110 reviews are from the Chops - Folsom reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Food is very pricey and quality was not there. We ordered an appetizer that was 18.00 and the bread served with the dip was hard as a rock. The waiter brought back new bread 10 minutes later with no dip and by then our dip was cold. Manager brought us warm dip after about another 10 minutes. In the end our food tasted mediocre and the service was terrible for being a high priced restaurant. We should have at least been given the appetizer for free after such terrible service but we did not get it. In the end we spent way too much money for poor service and not great food.Special Features:
- poor experiencewhathappenedDined on 5/11/2014My experience was terrible. Not at all what I expected.
- Bland food, good serviceSfbaygalVIPDined on 5/2/2014Two of us had Braised spare ribs with polenta which were fatty and a bit tough. How does that happen when you braise? The sauce was vinegary. The polenta was solidified, not creamy. The steaks the rest of our party had were one level over done (medium rare was medium) and just ordinary. The grilled artichoke was good. And what's with the weird sundries tomato butter for the bread? Give me same plain butter if you're bread is good. On a Friday night the place was half empty. If you're going to price your menu that high, your food should be better than bland.
- Business lunch for sixBrandmanDined on 5/1/2014Service was great....our server was extremely helpful and pleasant. At first we thought the table where we were seated was a bit odd, but it worked out fine. Everyone was pleased with their menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but nice.StevoSacDined on 4/28/2014First time visit. Bartender Luke was great. Very informative about menu. Restaurant was completely out of any Pork products. Don't understand that. Prices are on the high end for Sacramento and food took 30 minutes to arrive. Good portions. Probably would not go back as there are better values for same food in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops in FolsomChopsDined on 4/27/2014Pleasant staff & good food and service was more than adequate. Would return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get some DrapesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Had my booth not faced the window where I viewed patrons enter and exit the movie theater the entire evening as well as kids running back and forth which I found distracting . just too much stimulation for me personally. Request a table not facing the window!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not enough value for the pricesteve1230Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I got the steak dinner to share for $72. Questioned carefully the server on cooking steak, wanted slightly pink, he recommended medium. Steak was rare. Sent it back, came back medium rare which was ok. Taste and rest of meal was ok but not great value for price.
- Great service, okay foodFolsomDragonDined on 4/26/2014The hostess and the waitress were great. The waitress was very knowledgable about the menu. My dining companion and I both selected the filet mignon. The servings were generous, but there was nothing special about the taste. The glazed carrots were good. We want to try brunch there, but we won't be going back for a steak dinner.Special Features: