Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL
8200 Health Cntr Dr
Bonita Springs, FL 34135Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gr8food.net/
- Phone: (239) 992-4677
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rafael Elisea
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Let us host your next party! From birthday parties and family gatherings to corporate events we can accommodate private parties from 16 - 200 people. Please view our website at www.gr8parties.net to view all our menus and see how easy it is to book a party!
- Private Party Contact: Keith Cronebach 2392985105x
A word from Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL
We would like to welcome you to Chops City Grill. A steak house that is a cut above! At Chops City Grill, we are proud to offer you more choices, better quality, and more value than traditional steak houses. Chops City Grill is a restaurant that was created to offer the best in steaks, seafood, and style. A steak house can and should be exciting!At Chops City Grill, we feature our own dry aged New York Strip Steaks, T-Bones, and Filets. We also specialize in fresh local seafood, hand-rolled sushi, and stir frys. Chops City Grill has a big city feel with a 300 bottle wine list and the best martinis in town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL - Best Restaurants in Bonita Springs ›
Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (41)romantic (36)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- A Winner in Every Way !retiredinfloridaVIPDined on 11/22/2014We have lived here for 10 years and this was the best dining experience so far- and we eat out alot! The house cabernet was fabulous, porterhouse (which we shared) was fantastic ,the house and caesar salads were creative, beautiful and yummy and the apple pie was delish! To top off this lovely experience ,our server Mikka was perfect and so was the caring manager. So,what did we do? We made another reservation!!!! BRAVO- finally ,a place around the corner that is GRAND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and InvitingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014Chops greets you with a warm inviting interior. The staff is very cordial. Drinks were offered as soon as we were seated. Beautifully presented entrees complimented the great service. Our only complaint was the size of the salads. They were simply too small. Of course, we arrived in time for the early bird special. This might have been why the portions were not as large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smooth OperationChaucerVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is worthy of repeated visits. The service iis consistently good. The menu varied enough for all. A wine list with reasonable prices plus an atmosphere of calm and quiet. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food as Usual..BAD service not Usual..mimi57Dined on 11/13/2014Very disappointing experience at Chops 11/13/14. Salads, cocktails and food outstanding as usual but server was horribly inattentive. The facility was nicely filled but not too busy. Our server never checked back after the food was delivered, except for asking about dessert and none of us ever had a water glass refilled. NOT ACCEPTABLE for this price of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceLgarDined on 11/12/2014Great decor and ambiance. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive. Great menu choices. The aged steaks were delicious. Beautiful presentation of the dishes! We can't wait to take our family to Chops when they come for a visit."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot, but noisyCaribeAzulDined on 11/12/2014It was a nice evening. Service was great. We had to change tables because it was very noisy by the bar. The music didn't help either. Background music is supposed to be in the background not blaring. Food was good, but very expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, atmosphere good -- service noJSF22VIPDined on 11/8/2014We have dined here often and always enjoyed it. Not this time. The service was extremely rushed. Things literally were dropped onto the table by people who did not even stop. The water guy knocked over the flowers without apology. The server walked away from me once in mid-sentence. Things really have gone downhill here, and as much as we've enjoyed it in the past, I doubt my wife will ever consider returning.
- Used to be a gem!sanibelDined on 11/7/2014Has always been one of our favorite "go to" restaurants as we live on Sanibel. Room is still beautiful and well maintained. Our server was very nice but clearly had more tables than he could handle so he was slow, had to be asked twice to bring fruit for water and twice to bring wine and then ended up charging up for an extra glass. Iceberg salad had way too much cheese mixed in it, it was overpowering. The Hawaiian Tuna that is supposedly new on the menu - was terrible. Might be because I eat my tuna rare but it was fatty and very difficult to cut even with the knife. My husband got a steak and said that it was good but not better than some of the neighboring competitors. Many years we took large groups here for holidays - not now!!
- Good food. Great waiter!PennyVIPDined on 11/5/2014Had a nice time at Chops. Food was excellent and wait staff attentive, but not overbearing. Had plenty of time to visit and enjoy each course.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicelovetoeatVIPDined on 11/2/2014As you enter Chops you are impressed with the ambiance of the restaurant. Welcomed with a smile we were greeted by manager even though restaurant was quiet on a Monday night.. Tuna appetizer and dry aged steaks were cooked to perfection and were delicious. Mac & cheese well done.. Wine list was extensive and had good wines at a reasonable price by bottle. Enjoyed this place very much..Special Features:
- UnexpectedfnpitVIPDined on 11/2/2014Just bought a house near restaurant. Very pleased to take the family there....a traditional high level steakhouse. Ordered an expensive wine by the glass, which probably was a mistake since it was from an old sitting bottle. I stated the wine was bad and the manager brought me out a new glass from a newly opened bottle...very nice treatment. Got a second bottle and when I taseted it, turned out it was from the first old bottle. Just left it in the glass on the table, as didn't want to make a scene. Waitress never asked what was wrong, so expect they knew what the game was. Big shame...I would have been a regular here.Special Features:
- Salad WiltedPhillipDined on 11/1/2014Everything was very good except the Caesar salad was wilted--not good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues tomamazeChaucerVIPDined on 11/1/2014Love the ambience. Cloth napkins and tablecloths. Impeccable service. Menu is average. Wine list unexceptional. Yet the place is so comfortable and quiet. A joy to dine here. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dining DissapointmentGordoVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food on the early dining menu was disappointing. I would call is just okay. The service was also just okay. The dessert included with the early meal was an unrecognizable square of something white and mushy. We tried a few bites to figure out what it was but gave up so as to not waste calories on it. Try the Chops City Grill in downtown Naples, it is far better, or just avoid the early dining menu.
- zaideeDined on 10/31/2014Excellent food (prime rib), great onion rings, yummy seafood pasta! Super friendly and timely service. Great ambiance. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Sea Bass Special4bwgDined on 10/30/2014We all raved about the Sea Bass special with the coconut sticky rice and brown sugar pineapple glaze. Please make it a part of your permanent menu.Special Features:
- PriceyRickDined on 10/25/2014Chops has always been a special treat for us and especially with out of town guests. I believe the prices have now gone over my limit for enjoying myself. Steaks are good but not any better than many other choices available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerNaplesallyearDined on 10/25/2014We had visited the one in Naples and had a less than stellar experience. This visit was amazing! Food was wonderful, service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops never disappointsLuLuVIPDined on 10/24/2014Chops is our "go to" place to take visitors because we know we have a great meal, no matter what people order. Everything looks so good, and is presented so beautifully, that is hard to make a choice. My personal favorite is their twin Lobster Tails, and a side of Creme Corn Brûlée, it is the best corn dish in the world! Do not miss it. The men eat steaks and rave about them. We never have to wait for than 5 minutes past our reservation even during season, they do a great job.Special Features:
- Memorable EveningSanybelleDined on 10/22/2014When making the reservation, I requested a quiet table. When we arrived, our host told us that he had a booth that was tucked away in a more private location, which was perfect. We waited for our friend in the bar where the bartenders were warm and friendly. My husband and I both ordered the petite filet with bearnaise sauce. There was a nice selection of sauces that we could have chosen. Don't miss the creamed spinach topped with onion rings, which was just as wonderful as we had remembered from a previous visit. Our guest ordered flounder and said it was very good. The food was great, the service was excellent, and the ambience was wonderful. What more could one ask for? We are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- thelionkingDined on 10/19/2014wonderful food and accomodating service. Tuna chop was below average from previous visitsSpecial Features:
- not consistantstrike3againDined on 10/18/2014We had stopped going to Chops for months because we never knew how the steaks would come out. So about two weeks ago we tried it again and everything was perfect. So we went back for our son's 21st birthday Saturday night and again, steaks were undercooked , sent them back and got overcooked, for $55.00 each. I do a lot of entertaining for business but cannot pull the trigger to bring clients to this restaurant. It's really aggravating to see a huge bill and walk out muttering "never again".
- dinnerrugmanVIPDined on 10/17/2014chops is a very high end restaurant. The best deal on the menu was the cedar plank salmon. The steaks were overpriced for the quality. They needed seasoning. We were 5 guests but only 3 meals came out together. For the price there was nothing special that would make you say I have to go back thereSpecial Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/13/2014Had the grouper and the short rib, was not in the mood for steak, we were not disappointed. Service was excellent, starters were amazing, dessert too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the LinetopsDined on 10/10/2014Bonita Chops City Grill never fails to deliver excellent food, service and overall satisfaction. Truly, "Tops" in steakhouses.Special Features:
- barbk22VIPDined on 10/7/2014This is a favorite restaurant of ours. However, for my next special occasion we will go elsewhere. Most restaurants of this caliber go one step further when you visit them on a special occasion. I was surprised and disappointed that the only acknowledgement of my birthday was a greeting by the maître d. I will continue to visit this restaurant, the food is great and the service is excellent but we'll go elsewhere for special occasions.Special Features:
- enjoyableSaraDined on 10/4/2014Our experience was over the top......food outstanding........the best was the service.......Maaike waited on our party.........superb, gracious, & thorough........there when we needed her, but did not hover.......the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceTransplantsDined on 10/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the Parmesan encrusted flounder.....what a delicious sauce. Being early diners, we took advantage of the special menu and found it to be quite a good value. The soft music and lighting made it possible to have a conversation without straining to hear. Staff was friendly, and our meal arrived in a timely manner. We were never rushed or neglected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceDianeDined on 10/2/2014The service was fabulous. We love Chops. My husband said his steak was done perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Birthday DinnerSashasays1Dined on 9/30/2014My family surprised me by taking me to my favorite dinner for my birthday recently. I am always happy to go to chops. The food is consistently excellent server was so attentive we ended up with delicious desserts and the entire evening was worthy of a huge present. I recommend chops to anyone only special occasions for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and atmosphereKramer09Dined on 9/27/2014Not has hectic as Naples Chops. Service was excellent and drinks were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and good foodeasyDined on 9/27/2014I always like to dine at chops good food and a nice restaurant with great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Excellent Prime RibRBarnesDined on 9/27/2014We have been dined here several times and must say their prime rib is excellent. Perfectly prepared and is quite flavorable. The warm sour dough bread is a great starter. The Caesar salad has just the right amount of dressing. Served with onion rings and baked potato We always ask for Peter and the service is excellent. You will not be disappointed. This place will exceed your expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was superb. Service was great.FoodieBonitaSpringsFLVIPDined on 9/22/2014We had the wedge chopped blue cheese salad, the ribeye steak with a side of lobster, all was delicious! Also the side of loaded mashed potatoes with, bacon, cheese, onions, and sour cream. My husband and I split this and were very satisfied, also no sharing charge. We will be going back! The wait staff was excellent, well informed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Dine !OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014Many choices in this town to eat a fine meal on Saturday night ! Have tried them all many times. Somehow Chops became our favorite " go to" Saturday night dining chooice ~Special Features:
- 31rst Anniversary Dinner DateHappylocalsDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner . We had a cozy table, great ambiance, a amazing Waiter, Thank you Matt. Our salads and entre's were great. We shared a half price bottle of Cabernet. and were surprised by a complementary banana cream desert that was wonderful. We look forward to special occasions to come to Chop's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerKarenVIPDined on 9/1/2014We went to the Bonita Location and were greeted immediately by Bill the Manager, who introduced himself to us. Leah was our waitress and did an awesome job. She went over the dinner specials with us and then we ordered appetizers. The shrimp was very fresh and the Pot Stickers were sooooo tasty. My Husband ordered Prime Rib and my daughter and I ordered Filet. All were grilled perfectly. Bill stopped back to the table after we finished dinner to see if everything was done to our liking, which we thought was very nice. This was a very relaxing evening for us and the staff was very attentive. We cannot wait to get back for the Winter to have dinner there again. Thank you :)Special Features:
- Always Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Still one of my favorite restaurants after all these years. The food is exceptional and service fantastic. We ordered the bone in ribeye oscar style and the dry aged NY strip with blue cheese crust. Our sides consisted of the corn creme brulee, butternut squash, creamed spinach and sauteed mushrooms - everything was SO good! I mean, SO GOOD!!!! Steaks cooked to perfection and I can't say enough about the side dishes. Matt was our server. He was personable, professional, funny - the service was fantastic. We love this place and will always keep coming back. We do miss the Chilean seabass and ahi tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes however were impressed with all other offerings. We can't say a bad thing about Chop's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary CelebrationRagtop58Dined on 8/30/2014There were eight of us celebrating our dear friends' 57th wedding anniversary. The food and service by our waiter Matt was incredible. They even brought out a special dessert for our friends to help them celebrate. It is a little expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- once again greatDeanDined on 8/27/2014This will have been the 9th or 10th time we have dined there. We have had the opportunity to have been served by 3 or 4 different people and no matter what the service has always been excellent. Some times we hope for the same person but then are surprised that no matter who you get they are wonderful. The food what can I say is always excellent. Although every time I go I always say I am going to sample something new on the menu I have not tried before but I always end up somehow with a selection from the beef products and everyone has been incredible and always prepared to my liking. Should it not be they will do everything and anything to correct that for you. This is one of my most favorite places to dine with my wife and friends!Special Features: