Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL
8200 Health Cntr Dr
Bonita Springs, FL 34135Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gr8food.net/
- Phone: 2399924677x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rafael Elisea
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Let us host your next party! From birthday parties and family gatherings to corporate events we can accommodate private parties from 16 - 200 people. Please view our website at www.gr8parties.net to view all our menus and see how easy it is to book a party!
- Private Party Contact: Keith Cronebach 2392985105x
A word from Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL
We would like to welcome you to Chops City Grill. A steak house that is a cut above! At Chops City Grill, we are proud to offer you more choices, better quality, and more value than traditional steak houses. Chops City Grill is a restaurant that was created to offer the best in steaks, seafood, and style. A steak house can and should be exciting!At Chops City Grill, we feature our own dry aged New York Strip Steaks, T-Bones, and Filets. We also specialize in fresh local seafood, hand-rolled sushi, and stir frys. Chops City Grill has a big city feel with a 300 bottle wine list and the best martinis in town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL - Best Restaurants in Bonita Springs ›
Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (34)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- thelionkingDined on 10/19/2014wonderful food and accomodating service. Tuna chop was below average from previous visitsSpecial Features:
- not consistantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We had stopped going to Chops for months because we never knew how the steaks would come out. So about two weeks ago we tried it again and everything was perfect. So we went back for our son's 21st birthday Saturday night and again, steaks were undercooked , sent them back and got overcooked, for $55.00 each. I do a lot of entertaining for business but cannot pull the trigger to bring clients to this restaurant. It's really aggravating to see a huge bill and walk out muttering "never again".
- dinnerrugmanVIPDined on 10/17/2014chops is a very high end restaurant. The best deal on the menu was the cedar plank salmon. The steaks were overpriced for the quality. They needed seasoning. We were 5 guests but only 3 meals came out together. For the price there was nothing special that would make you say I have to go back thereSpecial Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/13/2014Had the grouper and the short rib, was not in the mood for steak, we were not disappointed. Service was excellent, starters were amazing, dessert too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the LinetopsDined on 10/10/2014Bonita Chops City Grill never fails to deliver excellent food, service and overall satisfaction. Truly, "Tops" in steakhouses.Special Features:
- barbk22VIPDined on 10/7/2014This is a favorite restaurant of ours. However, for my next special occasion we will go elsewhere. Most restaurants of this caliber go one step further when you visit them on a special occasion. I was surprised and disappointed that the only acknowledgement of my birthday was a greeting by the maître d. I will continue to visit this restaurant, the food is great and the service is excellent but we'll go elsewhere for special occasions.Special Features:
- enjoyableSaraDined on 10/4/2014Our experience was over the top......food outstanding........the best was the service.......Maaike waited on our party.........superb, gracious, & thorough........there when we needed her, but did not hover.......the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceTransplantsDined on 10/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the Parmesan encrusted flounder.....what a delicious sauce. Being early diners, we took advantage of the special menu and found it to be quite a good value. The soft music and lighting made it possible to have a conversation without straining to hear. Staff was friendly, and our meal arrived in a timely manner. We were never rushed or neglected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceDianeDined on 10/2/2014The service was fabulous. We love Chops. My husband said his steak was done perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Birthday DinnerSashasays1Dined on 9/30/2014My family surprised me by taking me to my favorite dinner for my birthday recently. I am always happy to go to chops. The food is consistently excellent server was so attentive we ended up with delicious desserts and the entire evening was worthy of a huge present. I recommend chops to anyone only special occasions for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and atmosphereKramer09Dined on 9/27/2014Not has hectic as Naples Chops. Service was excellent and drinks were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and good foodeasyDined on 9/27/2014I always like to dine at chops good food and a nice restaurant with great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Excellent Prime RibRBarnesDined on 9/27/2014We have been dined here several times and must say their prime rib is excellent. Perfectly prepared and is quite flavorable. The warm sour dough bread is a great starter. The Caesar salad has just the right amount of dressing. Served with onion rings and baked potato We always ask for Peter and the service is excellent. You will not be disappointed. This place will exceed your expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was superb. Service was great.FoodieBonitaSpringsFLVIPDined on 9/22/2014We had the wedge chopped blue cheese salad, the ribeye steak with a side of lobster, all was delicious! Also the side of loaded mashed potatoes with, bacon, cheese, onions, and sour cream. My husband and I split this and were very satisfied, also no sharing charge. We will be going back! The wait staff was excellent, well informed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Dine !OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014Many choices in this town to eat a fine meal on Saturday night ! Have tried them all many times. Somehow Chops became our favorite " go to" Saturday night dining chooice ~Special Features:
- 31rst Anniversary Dinner DateHappylocalsDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner . We had a cozy table, great ambiance, a amazing Waiter, Thank you Matt. Our salads and entre's were great. We shared a half price bottle of Cabernet. and were surprised by a complementary banana cream desert that was wonderful. We look forward to special occasions to come to Chop's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerKarenVIPDined on 9/1/2014We went to the Bonita Location and were greeted immediately by Bill the Manager, who introduced himself to us. Leah was our waitress and did an awesome job. She went over the dinner specials with us and then we ordered appetizers. The shrimp was very fresh and the Pot Stickers were sooooo tasty. My Husband ordered Prime Rib and my daughter and I ordered Filet. All were grilled perfectly. Bill stopped back to the table after we finished dinner to see if everything was done to our liking, which we thought was very nice. This was a very relaxing evening for us and the staff was very attentive. We cannot wait to get back for the Winter to have dinner there again. Thank you :)Special Features:
- Always Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Still one of my favorite restaurants after all these years. The food is exceptional and service fantastic. We ordered the bone in ribeye oscar style and the dry aged NY strip with blue cheese crust. Our sides consisted of the corn creme brulee, butternut squash, creamed spinach and sauteed mushrooms - everything was SO good! I mean, SO GOOD!!!! Steaks cooked to perfection and I can't say enough about the side dishes. Matt was our server. He was personable, professional, funny - the service was fantastic. We love this place and will always keep coming back. We do miss the Chilean seabass and ahi tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes however were impressed with all other offerings. We can't say a bad thing about Chop's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary CelebrationRagtop58Dined on 8/30/2014There were eight of us celebrating our dear friends' 57th wedding anniversary. The food and service by our waiter Matt was incredible. They even brought out a special dessert for our friends to help them celebrate. It is a little expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- once again greatDeanDined on 8/27/2014This will have been the 9th or 10th time we have dined there. We have had the opportunity to have been served by 3 or 4 different people and no matter what the service has always been excellent. Some times we hope for the same person but then are surprised that no matter who you get they are wonderful. The food what can I say is always excellent. Although every time I go I always say I am going to sample something new on the menu I have not tried before but I always end up somehow with a selection from the beef products and everyone has been incredible and always prepared to my liking. Should it not be they will do everything and anything to correct that for you. This is one of my most favorite places to dine with my wife and friends!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014Steaks here are the only truely dry aged steaks I have tasted in all of southwest Florida! Wine list is pretty nice, appetizers are fantastic and service is second to none. Go now before the place is packed in season.Special Features:
- Excellent Prime RibRBarnesDined on 8/9/2014We have dined here several times and always ordered the prime rib. The rib is perfectly prepared, seasoned, and very tender and always prepared to our liking medium rare. Served with a baked potato and onion rings. The sour dough bread is hot and tasty. We always enjoy and split the ceasar salad and it is also prepared with just the amount of dressing. We always ask for Peter and the service is excellent. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was average at bestnosurprisesVIPDined on 8/8/2014The serve did her job well. The beefeater and tonic quite acceptable. My filet was tasty albeit at higher end of steakhouse prices. My wifes beef stir fly not so good. Very skimpy on beef considering she omitted the shrimp.
- Great steaks!camismanDined on 8/8/2014The food was well worth the high price tag. The steak and prime rib were fantastic. They accommodated our special evening with free drinks and special dessert. The only bad thing was our server was not friendly at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go early for the specialsMrPhelpsDined on 8/8/2014we had a 5:45 reservation to take part in the specials that was offered. Our waiter made it obviously clear he didn't like working the $19.99 special menu (turning out to be $24.99) that was offered. He told us the order has to be in by 6:00pm. we ordered cocktails and didn't see him again until few minute before the so called 6:00 deadline. almost like he wanted to make us sweat. When our salads were brought, my wife and I laughed at the size of it (took photo just for kicks for friends) and joked that we probably wouldn't get bread with the special. We are 23 year full time residents with two businesses and have taken many out-of-towners to Chops over the years. If we weren't in a good tgif mood, there would have been a scene.
- hudson11Dined on 8/6/2014Great food and cocktails as usual....Also, the wait staff was on top of everything.Special Features:
- Awesome !!!!McampDined on 8/2/2014Great service, awesome food. Steak and seafood prepared perfectly. 50% off wine list can't complain about that. Staff went extra mile with free desert for my daughters birthday. Thanks so much.Special Features:
- Nice find in Bonita Springs!MarkDined on 7/23/2014We were in Cocoanut Point for a conference when we stumbled on to Chops. When I asked to swap out a sirloin in favor of a rib-eye on their Steak & Tomatoes entree, the waiter didn't hesitate. Not to be outdone, the chef created an amazing presentation for my request! The entire experience was fantastic!Special Features:
- Great go tomichael07470VIPDined on 7/23/2014Had a great evening and love the summer wine specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- merylfDined on 7/5/2014This was our 3rd visit to this Chops and we were not disappointed. The Bloody Mary (with a beer chaser) was one of the best I've had in a long time. The salads were delicious and just a bit different than the usual. Needless to say, the steak was tender and tasty and the presentation was beautiful. At so many steak houses, you are served your steak and everything else is a la carte. The steak on the plate often looks a bit "lonely". Not at Chops. It is garnished beautifully with herbs, onion rings, and sitting on a delicious slice of eggplant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for your next visit to the Naples area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the porterhouseCoopersDined on 7/3/2014Worst steak my husband has ever had. Full of gristle for $60.
- A disappointment after the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014We had eaten here last year when in town, for our anniversary and had such a delightful experience and delicious food. We decided then, that we would eat there again this year while in town over our anniversary. The prices seemed much higher, my prime rib was tough and flavorless. My husbands filet was good but we weren't even interested in hearing about the desert menu. I took the remainder, which was most of my prime rib home to fix for my husband the next day and ended up throwing it away. It was a complete waste of money. The server was capable, asked how everything was but didn't really wait long enough for a response. It was more like he was doing/saying what he was trained to say but not interested in anything but positive.Special Features:
- yummy but expensiveflbubVIPDined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening at chops with another couple. The wine was 1/2 price for those about 50.00- the original price of wine was very high compared to most restaurants- it's a good thin they offered it for halfSpecial Features:
- Over priced / average at bestBuddyDined on 6/28/2014Good things first -- Great food presentation, romantic, great drinks, nice ambiance. Food- overpriced ,some things tasteless, others over kill on spices, ie, Clam Chowder tasteless, Blue Cheese salad overpowering with cheese, Seafood stack appertizer ($16.50) covered with a sauce that spoiled the taste of seafood., Steaks cooked ok but dry. In my opinion Texas Road House steaks are juicier with just as much flavor if not more. Bill was $215 including 2 drinks each, no wine or dessert. If you are looking for a place to impress this may be it but in my opinion, it is not worth the price and the food is mediocre at best. We will never go back. They own Pawnbroker & University Grill in Ft Myers - both very good food and reasonableSpecial Features:
- DissapointedBichonlover1Dined on 6/28/2014This visit was such a DISSAPOINTMENT. First, the restaurant was not busy but they chose to seat us right next to a very loud table. My husband ordered his Filet medium rare and it come out medium. He ordered the baked potato and told them he did not want sour cream. His baked potato came with nothing. I ordered the Prime Rib which was so fatty I could barely eat it. Someone did come around to pick up my plate, but he never asked if I was done eating and just went ahead and picked it up. My potato was tasteless. We were very upset that we chose to bring our friends here and we will not be returning to Chops after this visit.
- Anniversary DinnerJimVickiDined on 6/28/2014The food was great. Even though we both ate seafood as opposed to steaks we thoroughly enjoyed the meals. The wedge salad (can't remember what you call it) was fantastic. The wine list is extensive but somewhat pricey. I f the summer prices were not 50% off most of the wines we would not have had any. Overall, a fantastic restaurant with superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 49th anniverasaryedwinsueDined on 6/26/2014The drinks and food were very good. Our server, Peter, was friendly, attentive and helpful. He did not hurry us, but paced the servings perfectly. Bonita and I thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary at your restaurant. My only regret is that I forgot to give Peter my Club Card when I paid for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Chops City Grill - Bonita Springs, FL reviews archive.
- TiredcurtiseVIPDined on 6/23/2014First time here, came for wedding anniversary. The host was quite pleasant and friendly. Decor was outdated and tired in appearance, background music did not match the look of the restaurant. Steaks were over charred (did not ask for a char, but I do enjoy it when done properly) and burnt taste overpowered the steak flavour. Waiter did not come by to check on steaks after we received our meals, so there was no way to explain the char issue (not sure where he went, there were only two other parties in the restaurant at the time). Quite overpriced for the quality of beef (although they dry age, it does not appear to be a quality cut of meat), and our overall experience was a let down. I would never return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We were very disappointed with the food. Cost was high and our meat had a 'pittsburgh' style (burnt) outside. Not quality for the costs. Service and ambience were nice. Restaurant is over-rated.
- DisappointingGregDined on 6/21/2014This is a steakhouse which does not serve great steaks - I ordered a bone in rib eye, the sear was a burn not sear. Once you got away from the edges the steak was cook correctly but too much burn. the app was the best part of the dinner, stacked crab cake - outstanding. The sides were forgettable. Over priced do the quality of food. Service was good. I see no reason to go back.Special Features: