70 W Paces Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar/
- Phone: 4042622675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Delesandro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Same as "banquets" above.
- Private Party Contact: William Miller 4042622675x
A word from Chops
An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambience of the dark wood dining room. On the lower level, Lobster Bar is a seafood lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chops - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (216)romantic (125)fit for foodies (101)notable wine list (79)good for groups (64)neighborhood gem (52)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (44)great for lunch (25)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- ChopsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Our dinner was fantastic and service outstanding. As always, the Buckhead Life Group restaurants always are 5 star. We enjoy eating at their various restaurants all year long and my husband and I have been celebrating our anniversary every year for the past 20 years in one of their restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops review of our dinner tonight.MissJacketsDined on 9/25/2014Very good but expensive. I had soup and seafood. My husband had Kobe steak. He loved it. We had a nice evening as it was our 35th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the evening. Wait staff was great. I can't think of what else to write. We did not have to wait for a table. My only negative is there was a group of 30ish men sitting at a larger round table across from use. They were very loud and quite obnoxious. As soon as they drank a bottle of wine the immediately ordered another. I wore a blue dress and my husband wore a blue sports coat. That was quite appropriate for Chops. The Manager was nice. The decor was business like but it looked good. My lobster bisque was great. That soup is one of my favorites. We will return again. Nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I ordered the salad with watermelon, feta cheese, pecans and a vinaigrette dressing. Very Very Tasty. My only problem it was small dish for $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitstaffLarryVIPDined on 9/24/2014I don't usually do reviews, but I must tell you that for a restaurant the quality of Chops, the waitstaff really should make it a point to NOT interrupt conversation among diners to inquire about food orders, clear tables, or anything else. Sometimes what people want, and are willing to pay for, is elegant privacy for conversation. Also, I think it's inappropriate for a couple to be seated at a 4 top. If it happens again, I'll complain immediately.
- Service was fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Steak was slightly undercooked but still wonderful! My only real complaint was the red velvet cake left a lot to be desired. For such a fine dining restaurant I expected it to be top notch but I've honestly had better at California Pizza Kitchen. Our waiter however made us feel welcomed and catered to our every need and made the couple of food mishaps that much more tolerable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjarlynDined on 9/21/2014ignored by the bar staff,I finally interrupted them to order a drink. I consistently had to get the bar staff’s attention for refills and to order food. food was fairly tasty & cooked well. service was poor. took to much time & effort to get waited on throughout the night & the bar wasnt crowded. quality of the service shd be excellent for what u pay. I asked about dessert & had to wait nearly 15 min until flagging him down to place an order. I wasnt a priority. 2 other issues that really caused a bad taste were bar area had fruit flies & service was so poor. Staff was cordial, not rude at any point just not attentive. food was good but didnt wow me.Special Features:
- food reviewlasagnaloverDined on 9/21/2014We shared the spinach and mushroom salad, and the crab cakes entree. Both were delicious, and the crab cakes were almost entirely lump crab meat.Special Features:
- ok experiencechris10Dined on 9/18/2014It was a fairly nice restaurant. The food wasn't bad wasn't fantastic...nice service nothing worth bragging about...but a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantDiningDuoDined on 9/17/2014I love the Hong Kong sea bass. My favorite meal at my favorite restaurant. The ahi tuna tartare was also fabulous. I had creme brûlée for dessert...yum!! Service is impeccable. Great dining experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Chops' usual standardLarooVIPDined on 9/16/2014Went to Chops on a Tuesday night for a business dinner and the food was a bit disappointing. I dine at Chops 2-3 times a year and always have had outstanding steaks, but this time all of our steaks were overcooked -- medium rare was medium and medium was almost well done -- and the meat was simply not as flavorful or tender as a $59 steak should be. Side dishes were so-so; again, not up to the usual standard, as the mashed potatoes were gummy and other sides a bit oily. Not terrible but not what I expect at such a good restaurant. Aside from apparent inattentiveness to the food quality, service was outstanding as usual. Wine list is good but not great -- need more French selections and more cabs from older vintages.
- Bad food and servicefoodieDined on 9/15/2014Got a salad drowning in dressing and had to wait to get another salad. Had soup and salad and took 2 hours for complete service. Took too long for too litte.
- We love chopsbardoVIPDined on 9/14/2014As always it was wonderful and we used one of our extra 25.00 dine around bonus blue cards so the savings made it even better!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service!FinedinerDined on 9/12/2014The food and service was great but the noise level was so loud, we couldn't enjoy a conversation with our guests. Not a place to go if you want to talk or listen to your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome WagyuChiefFoodOfficerVIPDined on 9/8/2014late dinner with some friends and while there was no Kobe the Wagyu was awesome.Special Features:
- Worth it!AlLenDined on 9/8/2014It was a great dining experience for our wedding anniversary. My wife and I felt very special. Staff and service was above and beyond. The food was awesome! It was prepped to our liking. The only drawback, although not too much of a deal for us is that our server gave me the wrong check and was corrected immediately. I would say the place is great for special occasions either group or a romantic meal for couples. A bit pricey but it's all worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Great service.. Staff impeccable...the only ding was the steak...not seasoned enough for me... cook perfect but seasoning was lacking...being from Cincinnati I will try again when I'm back for another round... Enjoy the experience!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like ChopsLandsharkDined on 9/7/2014Service was very good like always. My steak was good but not as good as other times I have been there. Tater tot coins and creamed spinach were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!!!carolinapinheiroDined on 9/7/2014Top 3 crab cakes in town!!! :)) Great wine list. Good deserts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014This was a great overall dining experience. I have no complaints. Everything was excellent! They will see me back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingmaryVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a reservation for 7 people and at the last minute 2 more joined us. The restaurant was very kind in adjusting the table and fitting in our extra guests. They even brought a special dessert when they learned the extra guest had a birthday! We had 5 steaks and 4 seafood entrees. The steaks were cooked perfectly. The seafood eaters all raved about their dinners. We ordered multiple sides and argued among ourselves as to which was best. The were all delicious!Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014The food was very good. Steaks cooked just as ordered and very flavorful. Wait staff was very attentive. Calamari appetizer very good, as was the Ahi tuna. The one thing that we all noticed was how loud it was. Would not call it energetic as ntoed in the star rating. It actually made the evening not as nice as it could have been. It was hard to have a nice conversation over a fairly expensive dinner. For that reason would slect a differnt venur where quality of dood was on par the next tiem we go out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014Love chops every time. Crab cakes are the best. The service is always impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steakbabbaDined on 9/3/2014Porterhouse was fantastic. Reminded me of my hometown Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. The manager , Jaime was very attentive and efficient. A bit noisier than I prefer, but this is usual for this restaurant. However, the quality and flavor of the Porterhouse more than made up for the noise. Would definitely recommend for anyone , stick to the steak as it is their specialty. A memorable dining experience.,!Special Features:
- Great Steaks !!!FredLDined on 9/3/2014As before, the steaks were great. We enjoy Chops as one of the nicer steak places in all of Atlanta.Special Features:
- Chops...you've been Choppedboba0135Dined on 8/31/2014We had planned this anniversary night for a long time...and were hoping that Chops would exceed our expectations.....unfortunately...we were dead wrong. The service was awful...had to request bread 3 times before getting some (etc....)....the $59 lobster was way over-cooked...the lyonnaise potatoes were completely fried to a crisp...and were less enjoyable than McDonald's French Fries....the brussels sprouts were tasteless....and the after dinner bread pudding cake...was inedible. I was up half the night with a stomach ache...because of the bad food...and regretting that I had paid almost $130 for a meal that should have cost $100 less....and we still would have been disappointed. Thanks for nothing. :(
- Most excellent again!Stafman6Dined on 8/29/201411 people, food, service, an experience was excellent as expected. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great foodKingrebDined on 8/29/2014Food and service: perfectly perfect! Table location was disappointing for any occasion, but very disappointing for a birthday celebration. (By the bus station and kitchen exit. Not a good atmosphere for anything)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toxaway1001Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent evening. One of our guests had an issue with the temp of her meat, and everything was done to a accommodate her wishes. Our waiter was Harlan, I believe, and he was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in AtlantaTinyGloDined on 8/24/2014Service outstanding. The staff is well informed, cordial, and servicial. Food is phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencedinner42Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I just enjoyed a special night out at Chops celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary. The food was exceptional and the service was too. My husband ordered steak and baked potato (which we shared). The steak had a delicious crust while being tender and juicy on the inside. I ordered fish served on a bed of arugula. The fish was light and tender. The arugula was surprising with a slight crunch. This was a treat for us and Chops did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great Dinner DateDeFranceDined on 8/22/2014I took my hubby here last weekend to celebrate his 29th birthday. We arrived about 20 minutes after our reservation and not only were they super courteous to us, but they made space for us and we were seated after about a 15 minute wait. Our waiter was AMAZING and very knowledgeable about the menu. For my entree, I mentioned that I wanted to try a fish selection and he recommended the black grouper. It was so flavorful. Some of the best grouper I've ever tried. Everything from the appetizers to desert were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014The ambiance and service was very good, runs like a well oiled machine. Would definitely return and take others for dinner or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soChops113Dined on 8/21/2014I asked for my steak medium but there was trace if red in the meat at all. The seafood tower also was not that good. The oysters didn't seem fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatwayxxVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food, great service. Couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diner1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Impeccable service, great food! Will return whenever I come back to Atlanta.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, get the tater coins and and truffle oil!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops is always wonderfulbardoVIPDined on 8/17/2014Every time we go to Chops we always have wonderful food and service. It was a delight as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant DinnerJMHRDined on 8/17/2014Food was satisfying, but not exceptional. The service, however, was very attentive and courteous. In fact, the entire waitstaff was topnotch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; Food hit and missNolepalVIPDined on 8/17/2014The service as usual was very good at Chops. Cherelle (and I think Andre) took great care of us. A couple hits and a couple misses on the food. The special watermelon/feta salad and smoked salmon were very good. the veal chop was decent - slightly tough to cut and chew. We were told that they had toffee ice cream and when we ordered it, it ended up being coffee - a bit of a difference. Apparently they never had toffee, but the server misunderstood the flavor. One of our favorites believe it or not is the bread. We love the bread of at this BLRG restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful mealSandyDined on 8/16/2014We very much enjoyed spending our anniversary with you!!Special Features: