70 W Paces Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar/
- Phone: (404) 262-2675
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Delesandro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Same as "banquets" above.
- Private Party Contact: William Miller 4042622675x
A word from Chops
An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambience of the dark wood dining room. On the lower level, Lobster Bar is a seafood lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chops - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)fit for foodies (93)romantic (86)notable wine list (78)good for groups (62)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (37)great for lunch (22)late-night find (10)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Great for special occasionsCYBERBATDined on 11/19/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner with great food and service in an elegant settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always chops deliversJuliaWTVIPDined on 11/16/2014You can count on chops delivering wonderfully prepared food in a very nice setting. Our head waiter could have been a bit friendlier, more of a personality and more attentive. the second waiter was much nicer and much more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who could ask for anything more...grandmaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Everyone in our party of five were made to feel special as we dined on outstanding food. From the wait staff to the perfectly cooked steaks, over the top delectable grouper and delicious sides - who could ask for anything more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPauldioDined on 11/15/2014We had the best experience ever, all it takes to provide a good experience in a especial ocation, even just to go out and have a nice dinner you can find it at chops! I recommend this restaurant and our server Edward was amazing! Thanks for an amazing night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Chops is definitely a place with great food, service, and ambiance. When and if you are looking for a place that caters to your food desire, look no further, Chops is the place of choice. Save a few extra dollars and treat yourself and/or a guest to this great restaurant. Atlanta needs more places like this!!! Thanks Chops for a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!CrystalKDined on 11/11/2014The place is warm & friendly, the food is delicious & staff was extremely nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Wish I could have enjoyed it freshrockybalboaDined on 11/11/2014I invited 2 business associates out for a very nice meal. The food was fantastic! We enjoyed crab claws with Better than Joe's mustard. This was a mutual favorite. Next up we ordered the bone-in filet, a bone-in ribeye, a seafood dish, and a variety of sides. While enjoying a nice conversation with my colleagues, as soon as my steak was the only entree remaining a waitress appeared at my table, informed me that she would box up my steak to go, and whisked it away. I was a little bit embarrassed to be treated like this in front of my guests, but went ahead and ordered desserts. I didn't want to cause a scene. But I really didn't order a $60 steak just to take it home and reheat it. We had not been at the table more than a reasonable time. When the dessert came, the same waitress stopped by the table to pressure us to enjoy our desserts at a rapid pace. At this point, one of my guests informed the waitress that we would be taking our time to enjoy the desserts and to please stop rushing us. The manager ended up coming to the table to tell us that he was in no hurry for the table. I informed him that I was only able to eat half of my steak because of the rushed service. He apologized, but beyond nice words took no action to win our future business. He could have comped half of the the steak that I was not allowed to eat as a polite gesture, but opted to do nothing. If you want fantastic food, but don't care if you have to enjoy it at home or out in the parking lot, this is a great option in Buckhead. If you have guests, don't want to be embarrassed in front of them, or actually want to enjoy the food that you order, I would recommend any of Atlanta's other top end eateries. We have too many good options in Atlanta to repeat mismanaged situations such as this.
- Great experinceEdwardZDined on 11/8/2014The food was amazing and the bilingual (Spanish) staff treated my parents like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off to the sideduxyumDined on 11/7/2014My first time at chops was dinner with my bosses. Had to take an earlier booking being a larger party and was a little disappointed that despite that we got stuck off in the back somewhere with no other parties. It never seemed to fill up where were either. Despite that the wine was fantastic and the ribeye's were great. The family size sides could have been a little larger as they only really served 3 people. Two others had the bass and lobster tails which they thoroughly enjoyed and my boss ordered his go to, the filet. Dessert and cocktails were worthy too. The service was very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Excellent service and food, we will definitely return. The best in Atlanta for exquisite dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Caeser Salad had too much dressing and lettuce was soggy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic restaurantfinefoodloverDined on 11/3/2014Chops is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to and I highly recommend it on all levels. The crab cakes and the salmon were the best I've ever had. I look forward to returning there for another enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNUAL ATLANTA VISITitalianloverDined on 10/31/2014Genuine personal interest[ NO PRETENSE] from every Chops person with whom you come in contact. 20 years of anniversary and birthday celebration with great service and outstanding food each annual visit.No wonder they are still the top steak and lobster house in Atlanta. Looking forward to next year!!Special Features:
- Chops has a great lunchLuluVIPDined on 10/31/2014I usually think of Chops for a great dinner. We wanted to have lunch close to Buckhead Atlanta and Chops is within easy walking distance. So we rediscovered Chops for lunch and it was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014One of the best steak places in town. I always choose on special occasions. It seems that it has gotten quite expensive lately ($20/ounce for Japanese Kobe steak is ridiculous). But I do continue to come to Chops and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Very good for business entertainingmerrrymonkVIPDined on 10/30/2014Outstanding service and food. Pricey, but great for business entertaining. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal ExperienceRievesReviewsDined on 10/26/2014Great food, fabulous service and an overall great evening. We finally ate at CHOPS after many years in Atlanta and it was worth the wait. Great dining experience with some of the best service ever.Special Features:
- EatOutDined on 10/25/2014First time at Chops... the food and service were excellent. Best porterhouse I've eaten! A bit pricey, but will save up so I can return for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as usualIshouldweighDined on 10/24/2014Everything was awesome, but i was a bit sad to see they have changed their bread to slices instead of the delicious rolls they used to have. Other than that, everything we ordered from the fried lobster tail to the chocolate dessert was spot on!Special Features:
- Going big timeBuckheadBankerDined on 10/22/2014I find Chops to be the perfect place to entertain business clients and prospects. It has a private club feel while serving excellent food and providing excellent service. It makes a great impression. When I suggested to a client that I was taking him to Chops his reaction was "Wow, going big time!" I am always impressed with the professional appearance of the staff. Their service is also very professional.Special Features:
- Amazing as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014This is our "go-to" special occasion restaurant and we came in for our anniversary. The food is always spectacular and the staff even put their own special touch for our anniversary dinner. The wife and I split surf and turf with the filet; both were cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious.Special Features:
- great dining experienceMickeyDined on 10/16/2014food and service was great in the steak house. service was good.Special Features:
- Great service, wonderful steaksRedRoverDined on 10/14/2014The steaks were great, and the black grouper was magnificent for a steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold duck and wtf oystersatlantalawyerDined on 10/14/2014The Blue Tip Oysters were served in grapefruit juice with a foam on top. They were not good. The second course of duck was served cold, and not intentionally. It took 15 minutes for each martini to arrive. It was expensive and displeasing overall.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantPaleoformeVIPDined on 10/6/2014We were staying at the St. Regis, and Chops is right next door. What a wonderful restaurant! The fish is very fresh and deliciously prepared. Service is very polite and attentive. Every item we ordered on two occasions was great. Try the spinach and mushroom salad!Special Features:
- A Hit & A Missfsi4122Dined on 10/6/2014Overall, Chops is high-end, expense account dining. Had a few mis-steps, but they were graciously corrected. The spinach salad, prepared tableside, was excellent. However, the "famous" lobster mac and cheese (not on the menu), was a big disappointment. It was described as having a pound of lobster, which I doubted, and I was correct. If it had 1/8 lb I would be surprised. Mostly small scraps of lobster laying on top of the mac & cheese side dish. $25 for this seems way out of line...a fried lobster tail starter is priced at $19. Wish I had ordered that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was excellent.AtlSteakhouseDined on 10/4/2014Server was very kind and extremely helpful. The A5 Wagyu 12 oz filet cooked rare was incredible. You could see the marbling through out the entire steak. The garlic mashed potatoes were quite tasty as well. For dessert the white chocolate banana creme pie were up to same standards of the rest of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butter knife steakKCCOMMENTSDined on 10/4/2014We ordered the porterhouse steak for two. The filet side was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. It was delicious. The service was outstanding. The tomato and mozzarella salad was just ok. It could have used more flavor. The creamed spinach was too pureed. It reminded me of baby food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard fareYummyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Our waiter was on task at all times. We ordered the calamari,chopped salad and ceviche for appetizers. All were very well made and enjoyable. The rib eyes were VERY salty with huge chunks of fat that had to be cut out. The sides: onion rings oily and too caked in batter,mashed sweet potatoes are nice and creamy with a hint of nutmeg and green beans were cooked just right, but again salty. Be prepared to drink a lot of water after this dinner!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014Chops delivers a consistently excellent dining experience. Timing, service, attention, interaction - all just right. The wait staff is there when you want them, invisible when you don't. Food was awesome and delivered in perfect sequence. This place is our favorite for a reason - it's exactly what you expect when you go for a fine dining experience - great food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightanniversaryDined on 10/3/2014Upon entering Chops, the atmosphere was inviting and warm. The attention to detail by the staff was exemplary. Food presentation was extremely nice. The entire evening was just wonderful. It was the best dining experience we have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in BuckheadPicklesDined on 10/3/2014We have enjoyed many restaurants in Buckhead but we keep coming back to Chops! Great service and always perfect food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your outside voiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/1/2014We went to Chops to celebrate a coworker's promotion. There were six of us, and the place was so busy and loud we had a lot of difficulty hearing one another. If you want to be able to visit with your friends or your spouse over dinner (without texting back and forth), pick someplace else. The food was good, but expensive.Special Features:
- SERVERVIPDined on 10/1/2014We have ;never been disappointed when we dined at Chops and their spinach salad is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive Birthday DinnermollieingDined on 9/29/2014My husband and I wanted to take our granddaughter some place special to celebrate her 16th birthday so we choose Chops. And special it was! She was so impressed! We all ordered the filet mignon and according to her it was the best ever! She totally enjoyed everything! She even finished my asparagus! And she was thrilled when several of the wait staff brought out a birthday dessert just for her. I'm sure our dinner at Chops helped to make her 16th birthday very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best of Buckhead LifeJeffersonDined on 9/29/2014My wife and I love the Buckhead Life group of restaurants. Atlanta Fish Market is our favorite and we really enjoy Kyma, Buckhead Diner and some of the others. We thought we'd give Chops a chance since it's considered one of the premier Atlanta steak houses. The atmosphere is great...like an old gentlemen's club, paneled and traditional. Service is excellent...friendly and competent. Food was lackluster. Steaks at lunch were small and expensive. My wife's was not cooked like she ordered and mine looked it could have come from The Sizzler. Fries were soggy. The salad was fine and the gouda mac and cheese was pretty good. We had two glasses of wine that were reasonably priced. Our tab was 85 dollars...lunch for two. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Yummy Food!bardoVIPDined on 9/28/2014We always enjoy this restaurant and this time was no exception The Lamb Chops were magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChopsbuckheadnativeDined on 9/28/2014Our dinner was fantastic and service outstanding. As always, the Buckhead Life Group restaurants always are 5 star. We enjoy eating at their various restaurants all year long and my husband and I have been celebrating our anniversary every year for the past 20 years in one of their restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops review of our dinner tonight.MissJacketsDined on 9/25/2014Very good but expensive. I had soup and seafood. My husband had Kobe steak. He loved it. We had a nice evening as it was our 35th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the evening. Wait staff was great. I can't think of what else to write. We did not have to wait for a table. My only negative is there was a group of 30ish men sitting at a larger round table across from use. They were very loud and quite obnoxious. As soon as they drank a bottle of wine the immediately ordered another. I wore a blue dress and my husband wore a blue sports coat. That was quite appropriate for Chops. The Manager was nice. The decor was business like but it looked good. My lobster bisque was great. That soup is one of my favorites. We will return again. Nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I ordered the salad with watermelon, feta cheese, pecans and a vinaigrette dressing. Very Very Tasty. My only problem it was small dish for $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.