70 W Paces Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar/
- Phone: 4042622675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Delesandro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Same as "banquets" above.
- Private Party Contact: William Miller 4042622675x
A word from Chops
An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambience of the dark wood dining room. On the lower level, Lobster Bar is a seafood lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chops - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (205)romantic (125)fit for foodies (92)notable wine list (75)good for groups (60)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (29)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best steak in AtlantaTinyGloDined on 8/24/2014Service outstanding. The staff is well informed, cordial, and servicial. Food is phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencedinner42Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I just enjoyed a special night out at Chops celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary. The food was exceptional and the service was too. My husband ordered steak and baked potato (which we shared). The steak had a delicious crust while being tender and juicy on the inside. I ordered fish served on a bed of arugula. The fish was light and tender. The arugula was surprising with a slight crunch. This was a treat for us and Chops did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great Dinner DateDeFranceDined on 8/22/2014I took my hubby here last weekend to celebrate his 29th birthday. We arrived about 20 minutes after our reservation and not only were they super courteous to us, but they made space for us and we were seated after about a 15 minute wait. Our waiter was AMAZING and very knowledgeable about the menu. For my entree, I mentioned that I wanted to try a fish selection and he recommended the black grouper. It was so flavorful. Some of the best grouper I've ever tried. Everything from the appetizers to desert were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014The ambiance and service was very good, runs like a well oiled machine. Would definitely return and take others for dinner or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soChops113Dined on 8/21/2014I asked for my steak medium but there was trace if red in the meat at all. The seafood tower also was not that good. The oysters didn't seem fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatwayxxVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food, great service. Couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diner1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Impeccable service, great food! Will return whenever I come back to Atlanta.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, get the tater coins and and truffle oil!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops is always wonderfulbardoVIPDined on 8/17/2014Every time we go to Chops we always have wonderful food and service. It was a delight as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant DinnerJMHRDined on 8/17/2014Food was satisfying, but not exceptional. The service, however, was very attentive and courteous. In fact, the entire waitstaff was topnotch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; Food hit and missNolepalVIPDined on 8/17/2014The service as usual was very good at Chops. Cherelle (and I think Andre) took great care of us. A couple hits and a couple misses on the food. The special watermelon/feta salad and smoked salmon were very good. the veal chop was decent - slightly tough to cut and chew. We were told that they had toffee ice cream and when we ordered it, it ended up being coffee - a bit of a difference. Apparently they never had toffee, but the server misunderstood the flavor. One of our favorites believe it or not is the bread. We love the bread of at this BLRG restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful mealSandyDined on 8/16/2014We very much enjoyed spending our anniversary with you!!Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!!!3ChicksFromTXDined on 8/15/2014My two sisters were in town from Texas and we wanted to have a really nice dinner out. I chose Chops because of its reputation for great food & service. Our waiter was top notch and the food was unbelievable!! I will be back.....soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried lobster over cooked😒julieVIPDined on 8/15/2014After many years if eating here our party of 5 was disappointed in the $59 fried lobster tail . It was over cooked & not as tender or juicy as it use to be. It was not as big as it use to be. The escargot was fantastic & the crab cocktail was too. We had a big bill and were diss appointed because of the lobster .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet from HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Absolutely great service and the filet was the best I have tasted in years!Special Features:
- As follows:FoodDined on 8/12/2014Very noisy when there. Might be a less noisy seat and one more comfortable. Steak not up to my expectation, especially for price. Wasn't cooked quite right. Have been there when food was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops ReviewtruthtellerDined on 8/9/2014Our evening at Chops was very enjoyable. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent! A few things I was surprised by we're 1) the bar was busy and loud- not the ambience I was expecting/hoping for when looking for a nice, special occasion restaurant. 2) The dress code was not enforced- which I was disappointed by. It is hard to find a place that upholds a dress code and if you are going to claim to have one, you should enforce it. We saw people in jeans and even a t-shirt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiffaniePeachesDined on 8/9/2014I was wowed by the prompt service, politeness, attention to detail and of course the great food. My father truly enjoyed his birthday! I will definitely dine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops ReviewMSF1Dined on 8/7/2014Dinner at Chops was excellent. The food was great and the service was unbeatable.Special Features:
- Great service as alwaysInspiredDined on 8/6/2014Staff was very attentive and made for an enjoyable experience. Seating was close to bar which made it rather noisy for our discussions but our customers raved about the food and service that evening.Special Features:
- Expense Account Steak Seafood PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/5/2014This is the Buckhead Life Group's take on the traditional upscale steak & seafood restaurant. The do a very good job. The steak selection is enhanced NOT through memorable preparation but their Kobe beef offerings. They have the US hybrid version of Kobe and real Japanese Kobe (at $22 per ounce)! I had the very good US Kobe strip steak. The seafood selection centers around shellfish starters & whole lobster & the Buckhead signature Flash Fried lobster tails. I have been having these since Panos and Pauls and they are still GREAT! We had the table side spinach salad preparation, like everything else it was very good if uninspired. The food is good but not great and very expensive. $300, 1 starter,2 entrees, 2 sides, dessert, wine.
- Overall Good ImpressionMegan55Dined on 8/5/2014Normally, I would not rate a place where the average price (at supper) is 50.00 as being worth the money. I went at lunch, which traditionally has smaller portions (and prices). I felt that the food was good. I had the shrimp and scallops, which looked like they had been steroids! My daughter had the surf and turf (petite steak and lobster). There were several negatives. The waiter had an accent that was so thick (Spanish maybe) that we had to have him repeat what he said a couple of times. The steak was ordered medium rare but had to be returned because it was well done, and I had a gift card sent by corporate that was not honored. True, it did say dinner, but I spent 77.00 and it would have been nice to accept.Special Features:
- Chops is great!dinerVIPDined on 8/4/2014We always enjoy Chops. The food is good, service wonderful and atmosphere pleasant although dated. That is the charm though. Our entire group had a fun evening. Craig of course was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Awesome!!!!Torreypines1Dined on 8/4/2014Last Monday was the first time in several months that I visited Chops. The service and food were simply Incredible. Please be assured that is will not be months before you all see me again. The people, the food, the atmosphere all were off the chain!!!!!!! I will certainly recommend Chops to all of my friends and business clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love ChopsHappyhusbandVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food is always excellent. The service is superb & the staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectAllisonVIPDined on 8/2/2014Chops is the perfect date night for you and your significant other any night of the week. We split the fried lobster per usual and it was as delicious as ever. I had the peppercorn swordfish, while my boyfriend had the bone-in ribeye that was so flavorful. Dessert is the best part with their white chocolate rum bread pudding- to die for.Special Features:
- dwe1954Dined on 8/2/2014I always love dining at Chops. Every time is better and better. The staff are friendly and helpful. A great dining experience.Special Features:
- Dinner with the famShaeDined on 7/31/2014Chops was good as always. Service good. The sea bass could have used a little seasoning and the swordfish my husband has was very good. I will get that on my next visit. My daughter enjoyed her cocktail (Cosmo) and the lobster tail as well as her LARGE baked potato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops is always the bestNannylovestoeatDined on 7/31/2014We have only had great meals at Chops for years. Always great - quality is as good as ever. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- AwesomeKKJJVIPDined on 7/31/2014I have been to Chops several times. I'm always a steak man, but this time my wife and I both tried seafood. The Hong Kong combo is excellent, and my wife said her tuna was the best she has ever eaten. A great experience, and will return often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysAMJnATLDined on 7/31/2014Chops has been a Buckhead restaurant group mainstay for years. The steaks are always cooked to perfection and flavorful, the servers are attentive and friendly without being obtrusive and the wine list is nice. If I was pressed to say anything derogatory, I could not. Don't forget to try their lobster tail appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse par excellentAlanVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had smoked salmon for an appetizer, wonderful. The bone-in ribeye was excellent. The lobster mash potatoes Devine. Great meal!Special Features:
- perfect...as alwaysPrimaDonnaVIPDined on 7/28/2014the day I have a bad experience at Chops is the day I stop dining out!Special Features:
- Was okLuv2dineDined on 7/28/2014Steak was under seasoned and over cooked. Asparagus only had Parmesan cheese on it. That was bland and under seasoned also. Calamari and carpaccio were very good. There are far better steak restaurants in town (Hals, any of rathbun's). Will not go back for steak. Maybe will for other stuff.Special Features:
- JennyJENNYVDined on 7/28/2014The food was amazing. I'm vegetarian but found the sides tasty and satisfying. My friend's New York steak was "the best". It was her first time at Chops she kept commenting on how many of the staff came to our table. The staff were attentive, knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Great As AlwaysCLBfanDined on 7/27/2014My favorite restaurant in Atlanta. Service top class as usual, but two dings on the food. 1 - porterhouse served with truffle butter on top as opposed to on the side (waiter graciously apologized), and 2 - the side order of jumbo asparagus with "parmesan crust" was just grated parmesan melted atop the aspargus in one sad-looking clump.Special Features:
- joebDined on 7/27/2014We have had some great meals at Chops over the last 30 years, but this may have been the best. Everything we had was outstanding. Even the side of mashed potatoes was described by my wife as the best she had ever eaten. The service was just as good as the food. We were never allowed to finish our tea. When the glass was low it was removed and replaced by a fresh one. Everyone there had their A game.Special Features:
- I was disappointedAtldinerDined on 7/27/2014I have been a customer of Chops for 12 years; however, I was not treated well on my last visit. I had a reservation and arrived on time. I greeted the lady at the front desk and she had us wait on our seats. She seemed more interested in serving two couples that came in after we did. And she literally sat the third couple in our reserved seat. It was rude and shocking. I normally choose Chops for great service and food quality. So I was really disappointed on my visit.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Great dining experience. We had a good server that made wonderful suggestions on food and wine. One of the best steaks that I have ever had. Highly recommended for fine dining excursion.Special Features:
- Incredible but pricycellis805Dined on 7/26/2014The Filet and Lobster tail are truly the best around and Chops has some of the finest Kobe Beef outside Japan. Just be prepared to drop a few hundred bucks for dinner.Special Features: