70 W Paces Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/chops-lobster-bar/
- Phone: 4042622675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Delesandro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Same as "banquets" above.
- Private Party Contact: William Miller 4042622675x
A word from Chops
An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambience of the dark wood dining room. On the lower level, Lobster Bar is a seafood lover’s paradise. The mosaic-style dining room is the ideal setting to enjoy signature items like the Savannah Lump Crab Cocktail and Famous Jumbo Batter Fried Lobster Tail. Enjoy a cocktail before dinner or savor a glass of wine from the extensive list in Chops’ inviting bar. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression. Proper dress is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chops - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (199)romantic (106)fit for foodies (98)notable wine list (80)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (48)vibrant bar scene (45)hot spot (43)great for lunch (22)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- great dining experienceMickeyDined on 10/16/2014food and service was great in the steak house. service was good.Special Features:
- Great service, wonderful steaksRedRoverDined on 10/14/2014The steaks were great, and the black grouper was magnificent for a steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold duck and wtf oystersatlantalawyerDined on 10/14/2014The Blue Tip Oysters were served in grapefruit juice with a foam on top. They were not good. The second course of duck was served cold, and not intentionally. It took 15 minutes for each martini to arrive. It was expensive and displeasing overall.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantPaleoformeVIPDined on 10/6/2014We were staying at the St. Regis, and Chops is right next door. What a wonderful restaurant! The fish is very fresh and deliciously prepared. Service is very polite and attentive. Every item we ordered on two occasions was great. Try the spinach and mushroom salad!Special Features:
- A Hit & A Missfsi4122Dined on 10/6/2014Overall, Chops is high-end, expense account dining. Had a few mis-steps, but they were graciously corrected. The spinach salad, prepared tableside, was excellent. However, the "famous" lobster mac and cheese (not on the menu), was a big disappointment. It was described as having a pound of lobster, which I doubted, and I was correct. If it had 1/8 lb I would be surprised. Mostly small scraps of lobster laying on top of the mac & cheese side dish. $25 for this seems way out of line...a fried lobster tail starter is priced at $19. Wish I had ordered that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was excellent.AtlSteakhouseDined on 10/4/2014Server was very kind and extremely helpful. The A5 Wagyu 12 oz filet cooked rare was incredible. You could see the marbling through out the entire steak. The garlic mashed potatoes were quite tasty as well. For dessert the white chocolate banana creme pie were up to same standards of the rest of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butter knife steakKCCOMMENTSDined on 10/4/2014We ordered the porterhouse steak for two. The filet side was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. It was delicious. The service was outstanding. The tomato and mozzarella salad was just ok. It could have used more flavor. The creamed spinach was too pureed. It reminded me of baby food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard fareYummyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Our waiter was on task at all times. We ordered the calamari,chopped salad and ceviche for appetizers. All were very well made and enjoyable. The rib eyes were VERY salty with huge chunks of fat that had to be cut out. The sides: onion rings oily and too caked in batter,mashed sweet potatoes are nice and creamy with a hint of nutmeg and green beans were cooked just right, but again salty. Be prepared to drink a lot of water after this dinner!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014Chops delivers a consistently excellent dining experience. Timing, service, attention, interaction - all just right. The wait staff is there when you want them, invisible when you don't. Food was awesome and delivered in perfect sequence. This place is our favorite for a reason - it's exactly what you expect when you go for a fine dining experience - great food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightanniversaryDined on 10/3/2014Upon entering Chops, the atmosphere was inviting and warm. The attention to detail by the staff was exemplary. Food presentation was extremely nice. The entire evening was just wonderful. It was the best dining experience we have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in BuckheadPicklesDined on 10/3/2014We have enjoyed many restaurants in Buckhead but we keep coming back to Chops! Great service and always perfect food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your outside voiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/1/2014We went to Chops to celebrate a coworker's promotion. There were six of us, and the place was so busy and loud we had a lot of difficulty hearing one another. If you want to be able to visit with your friends or your spouse over dinner (without texting back and forth), pick someplace else. The food was good, but expensive.Special Features:
- SERVERVIPDined on 10/1/2014We have ;never been disappointed when we dined at Chops and their spinach salad is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best of Buckhead LifeJeffersonDined on 9/29/2014My wife and I love the Buckhead Life group of restaurants. Atlanta Fish Market is our favorite and we really enjoy Kyma, Buckhead Diner and some of the others. We thought we'd give Chops a chance since it's considered one of the premier Atlanta steak houses. The atmosphere is great...like an old gentlemen's club, paneled and traditional. Service is excellent...friendly and competent. Food was lackluster. Steaks at lunch were small and expensive. My wife's was not cooked like she ordered and mine looked it could have come from The Sizzler. Fries were soggy. The salad was fine and the gouda mac and cheese was pretty good. We had two glasses of wine that were reasonably priced. Our tab was 85 dollars...lunch for two. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Yummy Food!bardoVIPDined on 9/28/2014We always enjoy this restaurant and this time was no exception The Lamb Chops were magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChopsbuckheadnativeDined on 9/28/2014Our dinner was fantastic and service outstanding. As always, the Buckhead Life Group restaurants always are 5 star. We enjoy eating at their various restaurants all year long and my husband and I have been celebrating our anniversary every year for the past 20 years in one of their restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops review of our dinner tonight.MissJacketsDined on 9/25/2014Very good but expensive. I had soup and seafood. My husband had Kobe steak. He loved it. We had a nice evening as it was our 35th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the evening. Wait staff was great. I can't think of what else to write. We did not have to wait for a table. My only negative is there was a group of 30ish men sitting at a larger round table across from use. They were very loud and quite obnoxious. As soon as they drank a bottle of wine the immediately ordered another. I wore a blue dress and my husband wore a blue sports coat. That was quite appropriate for Chops. The Manager was nice. The decor was business like but it looked good. My lobster bisque was great. That soup is one of my favorites. We will return again. Nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I ordered the salad with watermelon, feta cheese, pecans and a vinaigrette dressing. Very Very Tasty. My only problem it was small dish for $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitstaffLarryVIPDined on 9/24/2014I don't usually do reviews, but I must tell you that for a restaurant the quality of Chops, the waitstaff really should make it a point to NOT interrupt conversation among diners to inquire about food orders, clear tables, or anything else. Sometimes what people want, and are willing to pay for, is elegant privacy for conversation. Also, I think it's inappropriate for a couple to be seated at a 4 top. If it happens again, I'll complain immediately.
- Service was fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Steak was slightly undercooked but still wonderful! My only real complaint was the red velvet cake left a lot to be desired. For such a fine dining restaurant I expected it to be top notch but I've honestly had better at California Pizza Kitchen. Our waiter however made us feel welcomed and catered to our every need and made the couple of food mishaps that much more tolerable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjarlynDined on 9/21/2014ignored by the bar staff,I finally interrupted them to order a drink. I consistently had to get the bar staff’s attention for refills and to order food. food was fairly tasty & cooked well. service was poor. took to much time & effort to get waited on throughout the night & the bar wasnt crowded. quality of the service shd be excellent for what u pay. I asked about dessert & had to wait nearly 15 min until flagging him down to place an order. I wasnt a priority. 2 other issues that really caused a bad taste were bar area had fruit flies & service was so poor. Staff was cordial, not rude at any point just not attentive. food was good but didnt wow me.Special Features:
- food reviewlasagnaloverDined on 9/21/2014We shared the spinach and mushroom salad, and the crab cakes entree. Both were delicious, and the crab cakes were almost entirely lump crab meat.Special Features:
- ok experiencechris10Dined on 9/18/2014It was a fairly nice restaurant. The food wasn't bad wasn't fantastic...nice service nothing worth bragging about...but a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantDiningDuoDined on 9/17/2014I love the Hong Kong sea bass. My favorite meal at my favorite restaurant. The ahi tuna tartare was also fabulous. I had creme brûlée for dessert...yum!! Service is impeccable. Great dining experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Chops' usual standardLarooVIPDined on 9/16/2014Went to Chops on a Tuesday night for a business dinner and the food was a bit disappointing. I dine at Chops 2-3 times a year and always have had outstanding steaks, but this time all of our steaks were overcooked -- medium rare was medium and medium was almost well done -- and the meat was simply not as flavorful or tender as a $59 steak should be. Side dishes were so-so; again, not up to the usual standard, as the mashed potatoes were gummy and other sides a bit oily. Not terrible but not what I expect at such a good restaurant. Aside from apparent inattentiveness to the food quality, service was outstanding as usual. Wine list is good but not great -- need more French selections and more cabs from older vintages.
- Bad food and servicefoodieDined on 9/15/2014Got a salad drowning in dressing and had to wait to get another salad. Had soup and salad and took 2 hours for complete service. Took too long for too litte.
- We love chopsbardoVIPDined on 9/14/2014As always it was wonderful and we used one of our extra 25.00 dine around bonus blue cards so the savings made it even better!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service!FinedinerDined on 9/12/2014The food and service was great but the noise level was so loud, we couldn't enjoy a conversation with our guests. Not a place to go if you want to talk or listen to your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome WagyuChiefFoodOfficerVIPDined on 9/8/2014late dinner with some friends and while there was no Kobe the Wagyu was awesome.Special Features:
- Worth it!AlLenDined on 9/8/2014It was a great dining experience for our wedding anniversary. My wife and I felt very special. Staff and service was above and beyond. The food was awesome! It was prepped to our liking. The only drawback, although not too much of a deal for us is that our server gave me the wrong check and was corrected immediately. I would say the place is great for special occasions either group or a romantic meal for couples. A bit pricey but it's all worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAlwaysCanEatDined on 9/8/2014Great service.. Staff impeccable...the only ding was the steak...not seasoned enough for me... cook perfect but seasoning was lacking...being from Cincinnati I will try again when I'm back for another round... Enjoy the experience!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like ChopsLandsharkDined on 9/7/2014Service was very good like always. My steak was good but not as good as other times I have been there. Tater tot coins and creamed spinach were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!!!carolinapinheiroDined on 9/7/2014Top 3 crab cakes in town!!! :)) Great wine list. Good deserts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014This was a great overall dining experience. I have no complaints. Everything was excellent! They will see me back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingmaryVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a reservation for 7 people and at the last minute 2 more joined us. The restaurant was very kind in adjusting the table and fitting in our extra guests. They even brought a special dessert when they learned the extra guest had a birthday! We had 5 steaks and 4 seafood entrees. The steaks were cooked perfectly. The seafood eaters all raved about their dinners. We ordered multiple sides and argued among ourselves as to which was best. The were all delicious!Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014The food was very good. Steaks cooked just as ordered and very flavorful. Wait staff was very attentive. Calamari appetizer very good, as was the Ahi tuna. The one thing that we all noticed was how loud it was. Would not call it energetic as ntoed in the star rating. It actually made the evening not as nice as it could have been. It was hard to have a nice conversation over a fairly expensive dinner. For that reason would slect a differnt venur where quality of dood was on par the next tiem we go out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014Love chops every time. Crab cakes are the best. The service is always impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steakbabbaDined on 9/3/2014Porterhouse was fantastic. Reminded me of my hometown Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. The manager , Jaime was very attentive and efficient. A bit noisier than I prefer, but this is usual for this restaurant. However, the quality and flavor of the Porterhouse more than made up for the noise. Would definitely recommend for anyone , stick to the steak as it is their specialty. A memorable dining experience.,!Special Features:
- Great Steaks !!!FredLDined on 9/3/2014As before, the steaks were great. We enjoy Chops as one of the nicer steak places in all of Atlanta.Special Features:
- Chops...you've been Choppedboba0135Dined on 8/31/2014We had planned this anniversary night for a long time...and were hoping that Chops would exceed our expectations.....unfortunately...we were dead wrong. The service was awful...had to request bread 3 times before getting some (etc....)....the $59 lobster was way over-cooked...the lyonnaise potatoes were completely fried to a crisp...and were less enjoyable than McDonald's French Fries....the brussels sprouts were tasteless....and the after dinner bread pudding cake...was inedible. I was up half the night with a stomach ache...because of the bad food...and regretting that I had paid almost $130 for a meal that should have cost $100 less....and we still would have been disappointed. Thanks for nothing. :(