Chopps American Bar and Grill at Marriott Boston Burlington
1 Mall Rd
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chopps American Bar and Grill at Marriott Boston Burlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://choppsamericanbarandgrill.com/home.html
- Phone: 781-221-6643x
- Hours of Operation:
: Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am (Buffet until 10:00am), Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am (Buffet until 11:00am); Brunch: Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm (A la carte until 10:30am); Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef David Verdo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Tuesday - Saturday
A word from Chopps American Bar and Grill at Marriott Boston Burlington
Chopps American Bar and Grill is a modern Chophouse serving inspired American cooking including a variety of succulent cuts of all natural beef, fresh local seafood, and regional dishes. Both emulating and redefining the traditional Chophouse, Chopps’ warm and unpretentious setting offers comfort and style. A prominently featured open kitchen gives guests a glimpse behind the scenes, as they enjoy a dining experience filled with great food, drinks, and smart casual service. Chopps is a popular gathering spot for hotel guests and locals alike that come for the bustling bar scene to enjoy live entertainment and a carefully crafted cocktail or glass of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chopps American Bar and Grill at Marriott Boston Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
Chopps American Bar and Grill at Marriott Boston Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (15)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good Date Night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Great food... Our waiter was less than spectacular though . We could tell from minute one he was frazzled. We had to ask for bread, ask for a dish for an appetizer we were splitting, and flag him down every time we needed something. He never checked on us himself to see how we were doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant had very good service but at best very mediocre food with prices on the high side
- Worse than baddmkdpmDined on 9/18/2014Rude. Poorly organized disrespectful. Loud. No respect for the reservations I hadSpecial Features:
- Service could improveJeanDined on 9/16/2014Each time we have eaten here, it has been different, both in terms of food and service. First time both the food and the service were impeccable, and the server was wonderful. Next time the food was just so-so. The rib-eye steak was a very thin cut, and overcooked. We sent it back, and they replaced it with one that was just as overcooked. The third visit the food was good, but the service not good at all. Our server was very nice, but very slow. He forgot to bring things, and we sat for a half hour before we even had any bread on the table. On a good note, the shrimp and scallop small plate makes a perfect appetizer for four people. The shrimp and scallops were delicious, and came with a nice tartar-type sauce.Special Features:
- SurprisingZoninVIPDined on 9/6/2014Such a great surprise and amazing food. It is in a Marriott but should be a destination placeSpecial Features:
- AMcoupleVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went on a Friday night - Bar scene more active than the restaurant. Want to have Boston prixces without the Boston area cache! Believe the prices are about 10-15% higher than they should be. Otherwise service and food were very good.
- ronnieVIPDined on 9/5/2014I had a wonderful experience at Chopps American Bar and Grill at Marriott Boston Burlington, MA. While the bartenders know their drinks and menu, they will also consult with each other in order to provide the best food and service for the customer. I requested that my seafood be prepared a little different than was written on the menu. Immediately, the bartender checked this request with the chef. No problem. My only concern is do I order the same delicious meal each time or try another item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise, surprise!!!FoodDined on 8/29/2014Won A certificate at a golf tournament which prompted us to go to Chopps and how happy we were we did! All staff was very pleasant and attentive, but not pesky. Very clean, well kept, and modern feel with a DJ playing very enjoyable dinner music in background. Thomasis, our server, was very descriptive explaining our options, which helped us make our choices. By chance it was a restaurant week and all four of us chose from that menu. Limited menu of course, but varied enough for us all to share. Food was outstanding and cooked perfectly. Water was refilled frequently in a non-interruptive way. Had a coffee with dessert that was luke warm at best, but other than that, wonderful dining experience. We WILL be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food.DbldiditDined on 8/24/2014Decided to try for Dine Out week. Loved the pork belly app!!! Fabulous salmon/crispy skin. Even hubby who doesn't usually eat dessert enjoyed sharing my lemon tart. He shared the calamari with me yummy he loved his boneless short rib. Restaurant looks same as before but the Irish pub is gone and it is the open stylelounge area. Server was very attentive...we were the ONLY customers. I tried to book 6pm thru open table but it was all blocked out so we made 5:30 on a Sunday. We left at 7. That was a bit weird. The calamari should be served w plates. We used our bread plates. The baked rolls are tasty. Butter was served too cld and hard but they didn't need it. Open kitchen staff greeted us gave us each a glass of port for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden jewelljlblueVIPDined on 8/8/2014You would never think to go inside an industrial park area Marriott that's hidden amongst them and get dinner at a high end restaurant. We had the calamari to start which was lightly coated and tender then we moved on to dinner which we both had the veal chops.You could cut them with butter knifes. One of the best we have had. Then came the check and not mints but cotton candy... heavenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu, very nice staffJeanDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten at Chopps twice, and both times were wonderful. Their waitstaff is very friendly and accommodating. The food was a little different than what you usually see, and some of the items have an Asian flair. I had the salmon with capers and artichokes both times, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I noticed that the Delmonico steak was a thinner cut than you usually see in restaurants, and it was not as tender as expected. Granted, it's not a tenderloin, but other Delmonico steaks have been better. Nevertheless, we had an excellent time and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a hotel restaurantStooxieDined on 7/1/2014Going in place of Summer Winter, Chopps has big shoes to fill. We had dinner there and a private party for about 40 people and the food was excellent. Really everything we tried was great, from the flat breads to the oysters to the entrees.Special Features:
- ChoppsHappyCamperDined on 6/20/2014I enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere at Chopps. The waitstaff were very attentive. Would return if staying in Burlington. Location was great for meeting people from various locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RinnyVIPDined on 6/19/2014The cod was done just to my liking. The short ribs were tasty, but quite fatty. The chowder was delicious. Will return.Special Features:
- Family DinneritdwebmanDined on 6/19/2014Went here for a special dinner. The food was good but struggles to be more than just a Marriott restaurant. I had the hamburger which was excellent - but ordered medium and serviced medium well done. My wife had the scallops/shrimp which she said was good. While the food is good, the service time to service the food and desert was extremely slow which was puzzling given we dined on Thursday and the place was not busy. The frozen espresso desert is very good and not to be missed. The prices are a bit high for a restaurant outside of Boston. Chopps definitely has promise but still needs some work on service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Interesting & delicious food, outstanding desserts. Kudos to cooks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Great evening with some friends, would certainly dine here again. The hostess was most accommodating and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 97 reviews are from the Chopps American Bar and Grill at Marriott Boston Burlington reviews archive.
- Was very impressedSweettoothDined on 5/24/2014Food and service was excellent. Was impressed with the decor. The live music in the bar was perfect not too loud so u could have a convo. And loved the comp. cotton candy at the end of dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was spectacular!KathyDined on 5/23/2014Took parents to Chopps for Birthday dinner. Food was excellent all of it! We had fried Calmari, salads, Short Ribs (the best!), Lamb chops, flank steak, mashed potatoes. Was as good as any of the chain steak houses. Actually better wasn't crowded and noisy.Special Features:
- ritacDined on 5/21/2014Our group of four had a great dinner: excellent short ribs and delicious diver scallops. i had requested a quiet out-of-the-way table so we could actually have a conversation and I was happily accommodated. On what seemed a very busy night, we were tucked in a corner, just as we wanted!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/20/2014Waiter w stutter needs to be told to keep his hands off female customers' shoulders .Also managed to add espresso and cappuccino we ha not ordered to our check. In view of chaos surrounding grand opening planned in evening, restaurant probably should have chosen to be closed. Only positive note was food, which was fine.
- Service for the price was horrible.MsanDined on 5/11/2014The food was decent but the service level for the price was an absolute joke.
- Good Food/Bad ServiceFoodieFranDined on 5/11/2014This is my second visit to Chopps. The food is very good, but the service left a lot to be desired. We went for Mother's Day Brunch and they had us wait 20 minutes after our reservation and at least 10 minutes after everyone else had been seated. When we were finally seated the restaurant was only about half full. Our waiter came within a couple minutes and took our drink order. The waitstaff was quick to take our plates but our waiter failed horribly at the end. He brought the bill while we were eating dessert and told us to take our time. I finished eating dessert put the card partially out and placed it on the edge of the table. 15 minutes later he finally came and took it. We had the same trouble the first time.
- BurlingtonVIPDined on 4/26/2014Try the Maine grilled salmon for an entree. Try the vegetable tempura for an appetizer. The food is carefully prepared. Prices are reasonable for the high quality.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBayAreaVIPDined on 4/17/2014Food was amazing, fresh seafood, nice wines. Service was professional and friendly. Highly recommended. I'm sure I'll be back!Special Features:
- disappointedwinegeekVIPDined on 4/12/2014Frankly, with Daniel Bruce consulting on the property, we were disappointed. While the food was good, it would hardly be considered innovative, which we didn't expect. We did expect the wine list to be accurate, the service to be good to exemplary, and the food to rival the best steak houses in town. None happened.
- customer service F-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014So me and my wife where staying in the hotel that restaurant is in for long weekend. So figure sunday night would be are night out for nice dinner. Well got seated right away which was nice looked at menu ordered drinks 15 mins later drinks still no drinks. Seen all I had to see wasnt going to see how long it took to get food. So left there and went to Texas road house completely different style but let me tell you best food I had in long time! Wouldn't rec this place to ANYBODY! P.s. hotel was very nice very friendly very clean! Just avoid CHOPS dont waste ur time!
- NEW,NEW,NEW and NEWmarkfrancisDined on 3/1/2014The restaurant had been Open only 3 days when I tried Chopps. Kitchen was up to par. Staff/server was friendly but not yet up to speed. Managers where doing well supporting inexperienced servers. Looking forward to my next visit. Interested in seeing how much progress they can make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased with our dinner,MVigsVIPDined on 3/1/2014Very pleased with our dinner, and the overall new look of the Burlington Marriott! Excellent dinner! What a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Needs some time to refineMBFMaven53VIPDined on 2/25/2014Had dinner on the 2nd night they were open. We stood at the hostess station for 10 minutes before realizing there was a 2nd station. Hostess' remark was: I can't be in 2 places at once. The smell of chlorine from the dishwasher at the bar greeted us. Not pleasant. We were seated and immediately asked if we were ready to order. Menu very limited for GF diets. Waiter had no idea what GF was but did say he would tell the chef. Our entrees took 45 almost an hour to arrive. My salmon was burnt on one end, raw on the other. Friend's steak (ordered well done) was beyond edible. Waiter never reappeared after taking the order except to present the bill. Not what we expected. We have lots of other options in the Burlington area.
- dont bother if you want PrimejaylVIPDined on 2/21/2014not a Prime steakhouse $50.00 steaks that they cant prepair correctly, everything else was fine but with a name like Chopps you would figure they know how to cook a steak.
- I went to Summer Winter withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2013I went to Summer Winter with a friend during Restaurant Week. We both got the crab cakes. The food was excellent, but not filling enough for me. I wished I'd ordered something else like a sandwich. However, it was a nice experience overall.Special Features:
- Great meal as always. MostkpwBostonDined on 11/14/2012Great meal as always. Most impressed by the service. The server was personable, friendly, but not overbearing. Perfect amount of interaction. Both of us (one pescetarian, one omnivore) loved our meals. Always enjoy the meals I have here.Special Features:
- The food was good with a differentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2012The food was good with a different flavor for typical dishes (pasta with lobster and corn) and pulled chic quesadilla . However there was a little too much oil that needed. I enjoyed that lots of the veggies came from ther garden to give it a fresh and local taste. The bad was simply the service. Perhaps it was rest week but it started off bad right from the start. When we arrived the host/hostess staff simply ignore us for a good 5 minutes. Then we saw the hostess who seem to have seen us but then changed direction and walked away. When seated we were placed in the corner and felt neglected. I wanted to enjoy the experience but with very poor service I don't think I can returnSpecial Features:
- I really enjoyed the cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2012I really enjoyed the cocktails there. The lounge area is nice and great for hanging. I personally didn't care for my dish(Trout), flaverless and bland. However other friends at the table seemed satisified with their choices.Special Features:
- i had wanted to dine hereAnnieVIPDined on 8/21/2012i had wanted to dine here for a long time. took my Dad during restaurant week and was rather embarrassed. everyone who requested the restaurant week menu were put in a section to the side/back of dining room. service was terrible. i could see those in the main dining area got much better service. food was good but not as good as I anticipated.
- Our lunch at Summer/WinterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012Our lunch at Summer/Winter was an excellent experience. The menu was outstanding, the wait person was friendly and knowledgeable. A very nice luncheon!Special Features:
- Love how fresh the food is,ChristmasEvedinerDined on 8/13/2012Love how fresh the food is, and how fun -- you forget you're in a Marriott. Two thumbs up for all Mark and Clark restaurants!Special Features:
- Really good food and freshOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/21/2012Really good food and fresh menu. I dont like the fact it is in a hotel.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good hotel restaurant.DinerVIPDined on 3/8/2012Surprisingly good hotel restaurant. Bar can get noisy but the dining room is great for conversation. Have been here several times and never disappointed.Special Features: