Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks
322 Magazine St
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophousenola.com/
- Phone: 5045227902x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner Daily at 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Entertainment: Live New Orleans entertainment nightly, featuring Amanda Walker on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
A word from Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks
Chophouse New Orleans serves USDA Prime for every steak, including expertly broiled Filet Mignon, Bone-in Rib Eye and a monster 40oz. Porterhouse for two. The relaxed sophistication of the restaurant complements the great food and bustling, live entertainment nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (66)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (15)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Florida Crab StonesCurlyKDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant was located right across the street from where we were staying. My boyfriend was so excited to see the Florida Crab Stones were in season and they advertised them. Unfortunately, when we went, that had already sold out. He was bummed, but enjoyed the redfish. And my steak was amazing!!! My baked potato was the largest by far I have ever seen. It was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Food!JmrnDined on 10/19/2014When we told our colleagues we were eating here for the 2nd night in a row, they were astonished that we would choose the same spot again when there are so many great restaurants in New Orleans. The food is THAT good. Everyone said the steak was among the best they'd ever had. Our group got the seafood platter for the table. While pricy, it was definitely head and shoulders above a typical platter. Stone crab are in season and so those were included, as well as fried and broiled lobster tails, two kinds of shrimp, jumbo lump crab…SO good. Noise level is a bit high but food is worth it.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/16/2014Maybe we came on an off night as this restaurant was highly recommended. Our waiter seemed disinterested in our table. We thought we ordered two of their special drinks - but they never arrived (we were not charged for them). My steak (requested medium) was very rare on the inside but charred on the outside - I sent it back and it came back cooked slight more on the inside and more charred on the outside but we had been waiting too long to send it back again. We both ordered Delmonico steaks - but were not happy with the flavor or the cut of meat, neither of us finished our steaks. The steamed asparagus was stringy and chewy with no flavor and the "fries" are not fries - they are very thick potato wedges.
- OUTSTANDING FOOD AND SERVICEAMAZINGDined on 10/13/2014Our experience was outstanding from the guy in Valet Parking to the service and the food!! The food was AMAZING and even the people serving the food were amazing!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!RushVIPDined on 10/13/2014New Orleans Business District ... great ambiance, staff, food and service ... steaks melted in your mouth like "butter" ... vibrant local crowd ... fun and energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!PhysedDined on 10/12/2014This was our second trip to the Chophouse. The steaks were perfect, just as before. The crab bisque, hash browns, and baked potatoes were all delicious. One member of our party had the asparagus as well as the onions & mushrooms, and he said they were great as well. We intended to save room for the table-size chocolate cake, but we failed. Maybe next time! The only negative I can think of is that it's a tad loud in there.Special Features:
- Wonderful SteakJeannetteDined on 10/12/2014We went as a group of 4, and the service was wonderful. We were waited on thru out the evening (we were there for almost 3 hours). The food was outstanding, great wine list. Loved the jazz playing soft in the back ground. WE will return next time we are in New Orleans.Special Features:
- sixdiversDined on 10/11/2014Good, but not great, expected better Service was very good
- Amazing rib eye!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/9/2014With the exception of "Keens" in New York, this is at the top of the steak places I've eaten at in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, but....MrsBEHDined on 10/4/2014The Cajun Delmonico here is so delicious. I'm a religious petite filet girl and I am so happy to branch out here. I do feel the salads and sides are not as up to par. They're not bad, just for what kinda money you pay there I don't think they're amazing. Service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cut of meatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I ate an awesome 12 oz filet here. They also had an interesting appetizer. A 1" thick bacon slab cook like a steak. The bacon was very good. Good service and clean restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Steakhouse Experience!FoodyVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit to the New Orleans Chop House on Magazine Street. We worked out way through the menu and tried a variety of items. The Carpaccio was excellent as was the bacon app.. The filet of Rib Eye and Sea Bass were both excellent. Enjoyed it so much we stayed for dessert and after dinner drinks.Special Features:
- ServiceDanielleDined on 10/3/2014Dinner reservation was for 8pm and we were seated promptly. Our waiter greeted and assisted with drinks selections. After that quick service it went down hill. My husband and I waited 40 minutes for drinks and close to a hour before we ate. Although the waiter was nice it seem very chaotic in the background for that setting.Special Features:
- Nice placeTxGoodTimesVIPDined on 9/28/2014great crab appetizer great strip steak and filet ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 10 went to 13TomgolfsDined on 9/28/2014Started with a reservation for 10, and 13 showed up the restaurant didn't blick they were able to accommodate us with very little maneuvering. Food was outstanding and service very efficient and friendly. Had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and seafood appsJasonHDined on 9/25/2014This being my 2nd visit, which is one of my requirements before reviewing to ensure it's not a one off experience, I can say that the steaks are amazing, I recommend the filet Cajun style!, and the seafood-based apps are divine! Every time I want a steak when I'm in NOLA, I will go here!Special Features:
- It was WONDERFUL!!KuttinupDined on 9/24/2014The Sea bass was Excellent so was his Steak!! We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wannabeebullseye19Dined on 9/24/2014I was led to believe by many folks in our hotel that The Chophouse was the best there is. I brought group of nine and not one of us was impressed. The service was very pedestrian; the food average at best; the price high. The highlight of the evening was the pianist was outstanding She kept it just below the din of the crowd which was very loud. Will not return. Too many other great choices in this price range.
- Very enjoyable evening!PickyEaterDined on 9/22/2014Two of our party dined on fish (sea bass and redfish) and two had steak (Delmonico and NY strip). All of the food was superior quality and cooked to perfection! The knowledgeable and attentive servers and cozy feel of the Chophouse rounded out the dining experience nicely.Special Features:
- Delicious SteaksKlo1974Dined on 9/21/2014Had a great steak here, creamed spinach is to die for. The bacon app is delicious and an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service and great fooddatenightwifeDined on 9/21/2014Went here on a date with my husband. Our waiter was spectacular and the food was fonomanal! We started out with the garlic shrimp appetizer and it was delightful. Our waiter recommended a wine that went perfect with it. Then we had the 8 once fila that practically melted in your mouth. Ended the meal with cheese cake with a chocolate fudge drizzle. Couldn't have been better. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!!TiggerDined on 9/20/2014Greeted promptly at the door. Gave my name and was seated immediately. Received a hearty Happy Anniversary from everyone we encountered! Food was excellent!! Service was as well!! NO COMPLAINTS!! I will be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouseRouxbidooVIPDined on 9/19/2014I dined often at Cuvee that was once in this space. Fortunately the interior has been left mostly the same because it did not need improving. I was afraid that this would be a tourist restaurant, and in fact that was most of the clientele, but the food and service beat my expectations. The steaks are not quite the jewelry case style and perfection of Doris Metro, but that's not what they are going for here -- it's more like a well run Ruths Chris. Normally I don't like live music in a restaurant but the piano player in the bar kept the volume low enough for table conversation. PS: Love their street sign.Special Features:
- NotAgainDined on 9/19/2014So noisy, no one could hear. People had to go outside to talk on their phones. The food was overpriced and under cooked.
- Absolutely perfect NY StripMinnesotaclarityDined on 9/19/2014Great service and great steak cooked to perfection! Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMinor0610Dined on 9/8/2014I chose to celebrate my husband's 53rd birthday along with 2 other couples at the Chop House. The entire dining experience exceeded my expectations! Five star dining at it's finest! I recommend the Seafood Sampler Appetizer. We will definitely be dining here on a regular basis from now on!Special Features:
- outstandingsteakluvrDined on 9/6/2014Very good food and service, a bit too noisy but got use to it. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Went there to celebrate my Birthday, it was awesome! My steak was absolutely perfect! My friends had the fish which she loved and I had to taste, it was delicious too!! Wine was great also! They even brought me a little cake with a candle, felt special:) cake was also delightful!! I'd definitely recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodsterDined on 9/3/2014Must say we were disappointed with the steaks.....group of 4 had steaks and no one was thrilled. One was returned because it was not rare, but when you put a rare steak on a super hot plate your going to have med rare when it gets to the table....manager seemed to not understand that. Seafood dishes however were all great and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Steaks and Service.MAKtheKnifeDined on 8/31/2014Excellent service followed by perfectly cooked steaks = a marvelous experience. Highly recommend a visit for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Steaks were cooked perfectly! Service was excellent! The wine list was awesome. When in New Orleans you should definitely visit Chophouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome Steak..richfergusDined on 8/27/2014One of the best steaks i have ever eaten. Excellent atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best steaks around French QuarterBestnNOLADined on 8/24/2014We tried several other places in the area all with high praise but none compared to the Chop House. The entire staff was outstanding, knowledgable, and attentive. Thank you Kelly! There is limited seating so make a reservation. Portions are very large, steaks were cooked correctly, in color and temp with a good flavor. It's a great place to celebrate an anniversary with your loved one. Great place for a date. 5 star service, 5 star food. Not kid recommended because it's small, and your kids are not welcome at everyone else's table. Your bill will reflect the quality and quantity of your experience. If your wanting golden coral prices move on. We will return the next time we are in NOLA. It is the only place we will revisitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Steakhouse GemTMooreDined on 8/24/2014I recently dined at Chophouse for a nice, quiet romantic dinner and everything was superb! From the valet service, to the welcome, to the dining experience! Although it's primarily a steakhouse, the sea bass and redfish amondine was the best! Be sure to try various sides and share them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great service !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014My family and I celebrated my mom's B-day there Sunday and we had a Great time! We were greeted at the table with a birthday card from the management team. #awesome! Made my mom feel special. I loved the Baked Shrimp, Sea Bass and my Margarita and the Bread. My father had the 16oz Ribeye #lovedit. My brother and mother had the Delmonico steak #lovedit. At the end our waiter brought out a mini B-day cake for my mom, she loved it! Thanks soo much for making my mom's B-day Special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick TripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014One night stay in NOLA, have been to the city many times, first time at the Chophouse. Great service , atmosphere, quality and quantity. Sides are big enough to split. Bill was 270 for 4 with drinks, no deserts. not bad for a downtown steakhouse. Yes, goSpecial Features:
- Best dining experiencesgonnie32Dined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the hospitality and service from Chophouse New Orleans. The food was perfect! I have been to alot of Prime steak houses. My girlfriend and I agreed that the filet mignon was cooked perfect. The was the best filet mignon we have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereMemphisManDined on 8/23/2014The staff was attentive, the food was delicious and the wine list was more than respectable. I would highly recommend The Chophouse to anyone visiting New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful ambiancehellokittyluvsNOLADined on 8/23/2014All the staffs were wonderful even the valet guy, Carlos! We ordered a lobster with our steak and didn't care for it and they took it off the bill! Crab bisque and key lime pie to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in "The Big Easy"!Live2DineDined on 8/23/2014The wine list is extensive. Our Steaks we perfectly seared, cooked to perfection. The piano bar provided a romantic touch which made "The Chop House" a truly authentic New Orleans dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.