Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks
322 Magazine St
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophousenola.com/
- Phone: (504) 522-7902
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner Daily at 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Entertainment: Live New Orleans entertainment nightly, featuring Amanda Walker on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
A word from Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks
Chophouse New Orleans serves USDA Prime for every steak, including expertly broiled Filet Mignon, Bone-in Rib Eye and a monster 40oz. Porterhouse for two. The relaxed sophistication of the restaurant complements the great food and bustling, live entertainment nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (76)notable wine list (54)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (16)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Fabulous food, service and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2014Table for 4 had an excellent meal served by friendly, hard-working staff in a relaxing and classy atmosphere. Special kudos to our waitress April P. We loved the exposed brick walls, the high ceilings, plenty of floor to ceiling French doors and windows. There was a piano playing in the bar which opens to the dining room. with very good background music. Good wine selection and martinis to start along with crab bisque and warm, crusty loaf of French bread. Filet, medium-rare came sizzling and perfectly cooked. Fish dishes were awesome too. Our sides were served by our waiter so we didn't have to lift a finger. We really enjoyed the huge steak fries and asparagus. So glad we decided to try something on this side of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mouth wateringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Awesome every time...best service...seafood platter a must try!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- littlebeeDined on 11/23/2014Overall our experience was nice....ambiance, service, appetizers, salads and sides were very good. However, our steaks had no flavor. For a restaurant that boasts of aged prime steaks, there was simply no taste. Very disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014Service good but overpriced and not that great. Steak was a bit tough and the crab claws were ok but not worth 24 bucks a piece. That's just absurd.Special Features:
- Really good!ryansdavis21Dined on 11/16/2014I've been to many nice restaurants and chophouse is for sure up near the top of my list. Everyone was very helpful and the food was great.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service, the potato's are huge!CsuzDined on 11/16/2014The restaurant was a wonderful experience. We enjoyed our food and staff was attentive and unobtrusive. Comfortable and pretty place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First rate dining experience!WeLiveToEatVIPDined on 11/16/2014The service was impeccable, the food delectable and the atmosphere A1 ! My son who came in to visit has decided this is his favorite steakhouse in New Orleans. I recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Steaks!BrookgpVIPDined on 11/11/2014The steaks were cooked perfectly and had amazing taste! The server, Jenny was great! She was very attentive and friendly. We can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid middle-of-the-road steakhouseDiner146Dined on 11/11/2014Overall, standard offerings and quality for a steakhouse, nothing to write home about but still reliably good fare. Their center cut filet of rib eye was quite good, and at less than $30 very competitively priced compared to other establishments. My dining companion had the bone-in rib eye, more flavorful though not as tender as the filet. Their potato lyonnais side dish was far too salty and charred. Could only stomach a few overwhelming bites and then left 3/4 of it on the table. The chocolate cake dessert looked amazing, but at the table-sized $25 portion, wished it was also offered in a smaller more manageable size. Lovely outdoor seating patio, probably one of the cleaner and more elegant outdoor dining options in downtown NOlA.Special Features:
- Everything you'd expectPghCMADined on 11/10/2014Wonderful experience - it's the classic steak house - servers are a well oiled machine and the food arrives EXACTLY as you expect it. My only complaint, if you can call it that, was that there was nothing that I saw that made it "New Orleans" - Once inside, it could have been Mortons or The Capital Grill...if you're looking for the feel of New Orleans, it's not here, but it's beautiful and elegant and if you need a break from Creole and Cajun, it's what the doctor ordered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!PrincessPatriciaVIPDined on 11/9/2014There are so many great places to eat in New Orleans that it's tough to make a decision. We used Open Table to find Chophouse New Orleans and it was a winner! What I appreciate most is that when we were going to be seated with a view of the kitchen the host saw the look on my face and immediately said "Let's go someplace else." Love it when they are in tune with their guests! Steaks were cooked to perfection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOGravesDined on 11/9/2014Had a disappointed experience as the price we paid for the food was similar to other steak houses that we had visited. I was expecting the same service, food quality and a similar experience. The noise level was bothersome, the steak had a burn taste and had an excessive amount of butter on it; however, it was well cooked inside. Menu offered a limited number of side dishes and desserts. we were not offered any additional sauces for the steak. The hash browns that we ordered were overcooked. Wish I had selected a different steak house.
- Great Steaks!!strohjVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great steaks.. good food, but the sides seemed a little lackingSpecial Features:
- Thomas BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Great overall dining experience. Steaks were grilled to perfections. Side dish selection complemented our steak selections. Staff provided a special birthday desert as requested. Key Lime pie was the best I have ever had......and I have had a lot of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, I was underwhelmed with this restaurant.PJBSLSDined on 11/9/2014Food was over salted on everything. Waiter was attentive, but not so much after food came. Felt rushed to place order and abandoned. There are way too many great choices in NOLA. So definitely will not be returning.
- Cadi64Dined on 11/9/2014Great New Orleans style atmosphere. Excellent wine selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealDiverDined on 11/8/2014I visit New Orleans quite often. This is the 1st time we have eaten at the Chop House. I can say that we had one of the best steaks (Filet) that I have ever had in New Orleans. The seasonal stone crabs are a mist have. Probably in my top two steaks of all time. Wonderful atmosphere and the service was perfect. I would recommend this to anyone visiting New Orleans.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceMOsikaDined on 11/8/2014We have dined at Chophouse New Orleans multiple times. The service is exemplary and the food is wonderful. Beautifully prepared steaks and seafood. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Chop HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Good food, entertainment and atmosphere. If you enjoys good steak this is a cool place to wine and dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak!getpaulDined on 11/8/2014We had a group of 10, and often with larger groups the service suffers. Not here, it was excellent. All of our dinners were well prepared and enjoyed the entire time very much. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fun for a Saturday nightNola813Dined on 11/8/2014I brought my out of town guests there because they love Steak & a friend had recommended it to me. They loved it. The piano bar is fun & the atmosphere is lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2014The entire staff is at attention all the time. From the manager to the servers to the cleaners all of them will take notice of everything and ask what they can do to help. Then the food was excellent. We both had steaks and they were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerInTheBizDined on 11/3/2014Brought out if town guest for an incredible meal. Great staff and amazing food. Chrissy is a wonderful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but not my favorite.Soul2SoulDined on 11/3/2014We recently celebrated a special occasion and decided to spend it at the Chophouse. Our server was very polite and attentive. The location is convenient and easy to find. We chose the Filet Mignon with the surf & turf option. Awesome! The potatoes were very good and seemed to be more suitable for breakfast. Which we actually had the next morning from the leftovers. The spinach was not good in my opinion. Seems like they spilled nutmeg and simply tried to pass it on. We didn't Eat very much Of it. For dessert we chose the cheesecake with strawberries and chocolate. Not bad, but we thought it could have been better. I took a few bites just to try. Overall, Chophouse is a nice spot, but it's not my favorite. But that's just my 2cents!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceluv2eatsteakDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend and I am very glad! The service was fantastic and the food was excellent! We had an amazing experience and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awesome dining experience!SeerayDined on 10/31/2014The food is outstanding and the service is always spectacular! I tried the Surf and Turf but had the fried lobster tail and it was out of this world. We have made this place a must visit when visiting NOLA.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse and serviceAzulcDined on 10/28/2014Very enjoyable meal and great setting for our business meeting. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the side dishes have a generous portion. This was my first time to visit this establishment and was pleased with the selection that we had made. I do plan on returning for another good meal in the near future.Special Features:
- It was our 1 yr anniversarykdubbDined on 10/26/2014This place is awesome! We loved everything from the Happy Anniversary card from the staff to the succulent meal. It was definitely a 2 thumbs up. We will visit again! Thanks Chop House for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceRaginCajunDined on 10/25/2014First time dining here. Fabulous wine list. Steaks were some of the best I ever had. Desserts were out of this world. Definitely will make this a must repeat on next trip to NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Lover's DelightJayBob1Dined on 10/25/2014After spending four days in New Orleans enjoying all the great seafood and creole food I was really craving some serious beef, preferably steak. In reading reviews I happened upon one for The Chophouse and was impressed with the fact that this was a traditional "Steakhouse" and not trying to be anything else. We were rewarded with one of the best filets in years, cooked to perfection, very rare. Have already recommended it and plan on visiting The Chophouse on our next visit to The Big Easy.Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse2NOLAfoodiesVIPDined on 10/25/2014Chophouse has great ambiance, although rather noisy. The menu is straight forward Steakhouse, but very well prepared. It is one of the few restaurants anywhere that properly cooks lobster. The service is impeccable. The waitstaff is very attentive, but not intrusive. We highly recommend Chophouse for a great meal in a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef in NOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Great steak dinner with terrific sides. Exemplary service in a town know for food, this is a standout that breaks away from the seafood concentration.Special Features:
- Wonderful SteakhouseDeeBrownDined on 10/20/2014Visited this restaurant with my husband and everything from the moment we were seated until we left was great. Our waiter was very attentive but not overbearing. The cocktails were delicious, I had the Flirtini which was good but not too sweet. The crab bisque was rich and filling. I had little room for my entree after finishing the bisque but i pushed on and delighted in the fried lobster tails which was wonderfully seasoned. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his New York strip. We both chose baked potatoes as our side which were huge, well over 1 lb each. Overall this was a wonderful night out with superb cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida Crab StonesCurlyKDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant was located right across the street from where we were staying. My boyfriend was so excited to see the Florida Crab Stones were in season and they advertised them. Unfortunately, when we went, that had already sold out. He was bummed, but enjoyed the redfish. And my steak was amazing!!! My baked potato was the largest by far I have ever seen. It was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Food!JmrnDined on 10/19/2014When we told our colleagues we were eating here for the 2nd night in a row, they were astonished that we would choose the same spot again when there are so many great restaurants in New Orleans. The food is THAT good. Everyone said the steak was among the best they'd ever had. Our group got the seafood platter for the table. While pricy, it was definitely head and shoulders above a typical platter. Stone crab are in season and so those were included, as well as fried and broiled lobster tails, two kinds of shrimp, jumbo lump crab…SO good. Noise level is a bit high but food is worth it.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/16/2014Maybe we came on an off night as this restaurant was highly recommended. Our waiter seemed disinterested in our table. We thought we ordered two of their special drinks - but they never arrived (we were not charged for them). My steak (requested medium) was very rare on the inside but charred on the outside - I sent it back and it came back cooked slight more on the inside and more charred on the outside but we had been waiting too long to send it back again. We both ordered Delmonico steaks - but were not happy with the flavor or the cut of meat, neither of us finished our steaks. The steamed asparagus was stringy and chewy with no flavor and the "fries" are not fries - they are very thick potato wedges.
- nolagirlVIPDined on 10/16/2014Excellent food, fantastic servers, bartenders and piano singer. We love this place and don't have a minus. Everyone needs to check it out once and you will make it a stop always. Consistent yearly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksDan77Dined on 10/14/2014Great steaks prepared perfectly. I had the Ribeye and it was cooked to my order. Onion rings are gigantic and delicious. Good wine list with some notable choices like Caymus 2012 40th AAnniversary Cabernet - wonderful, and priced fairly too. I highly recommend. Noise level is a bit too loud to have a good conversation at a large table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING FOOD AND SERVICEAMAZINGDined on 10/13/2014Our experience was outstanding from the guy in Valet Parking to the service and the food!! The food was AMAZING and even the people serving the food were amazing!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!RushVIPDined on 10/13/2014New Orleans Business District ... great ambiance, staff, food and service ... steaks melted in your mouth like "butter" ... vibrant local crowd ... fun and energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.