Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks
322 Magazine St
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophousenola.com/
- Phone: 5045227902x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner Daily at 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Entertainment: John Autin leads the live New Orleans entertainment Thursday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday; and Amanda Walker runs the show Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
A word from Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks
Chophouse New Orleans serves USDA Prime for every steak, including expertly broiled Filet Mignon, Bone-in Rib Eye and a monster 40oz. Porterhouse for two. The relaxed sophistication of the restaurant complements the great food and bustling, live entertainment nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (65)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (16)late-night find (12)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Wonderful ExperienceMinor0610Dined on 9/8/2014I chose to celebrate my husband's 53rd birthday along with 2 other couples at the Chop House. The entire dining experience exceeded my expectations! Five star dining at it's finest! I recommend the Seafood Sampler Appetizer. We will definitely be dining here on a regular basis from now on!Special Features:
- outstandingsteakluvrDined on 9/6/2014Very good food and service, a bit too noisy but got use to it. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Went there to celebrate my Birthday, it was awesome! My steak was absolutely perfect! My friends had the fish which she loved and I had to taste, it was delicious too!! Wine was great also! They even brought me a little cake with a candle, felt special:) cake was also delightful!! I'd definitely recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodsterDined on 9/3/2014Must say we were disappointed with the steaks.....group of 4 had steaks and no one was thrilled. One was returned because it was not rare, but when you put a rare steak on a super hot plate your going to have med rare when it gets to the table....manager seemed to not understand that. Seafood dishes however were all great and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Steaks and Service.MAKtheKnifeDined on 8/31/2014Excellent service followed by perfectly cooked steaks = a marvelous experience. Highly recommend a visit for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Steaks were cooked perfectly! Service was excellent! The wine list was awesome. When in New Orleans you should definitely visit Chophouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome Steak..richfergusDined on 8/27/2014One of the best steaks i have ever eaten. Excellent atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best steaks around French QuarterBestnNOLADined on 8/24/2014We tried several other places in the area all with high praise but none compared to the Chop House. The entire staff was outstanding, knowledgable, and attentive. Thank you Kelly! There is limited seating so make a reservation. Portions are very large, steaks were cooked correctly, in color and temp with a good flavor. It's a great place to celebrate an anniversary with your loved one. Great place for a date. 5 star service, 5 star food. Not kid recommended because it's small, and your kids are not welcome at everyone else's table. Your bill will reflect the quality and quantity of your experience. If your wanting golden coral prices move on. We will return the next time we are in NOLA. It is the only place we will revisitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Steakhouse GemTMooreDined on 8/24/2014I recently dined at Chophouse for a nice, quiet romantic dinner and everything was superb! From the valet service, to the welcome, to the dining experience! Although it's primarily a steakhouse, the sea bass and redfish amondine was the best! Be sure to try various sides and share them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great service !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014My family and I celebrated my mom's B-day there Sunday and we had a Great time! We were greeted at the table with a birthday card from the management team. #awesome! Made my mom feel special. I loved the Baked Shrimp, Sea Bass and my Margarita and the Bread. My father had the 16oz Ribeye #lovedit. My brother and mother had the Delmonico steak #lovedit. At the end our waiter brought out a mini B-day cake for my mom, she loved it! Thanks soo much for making my mom's B-day Special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick TripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014One night stay in NOLA, have been to the city many times, first time at the Chophouse. Great service , atmosphere, quality and quantity. Sides are big enough to split. Bill was 270 for 4 with drinks, no deserts. not bad for a downtown steakhouse. Yes, goSpecial Features:
- Best dining experiencesgonnie32Dined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the hospitality and service from Chophouse New Orleans. The food was perfect! I have been to alot of Prime steak houses. My girlfriend and I agreed that the filet mignon was cooked perfect. The was the best filet mignon we have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereMemphisManDined on 8/23/2014The staff was attentive, the food was delicious and the wine list was more than respectable. I would highly recommend The Chophouse to anyone visiting New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful ambiancehellokittyluvsNOLADined on 8/23/2014All the staffs were wonderful even the valet guy, Carlos! We ordered a lobster with our steak and didn't care for it and they took it off the bill! Crab bisque and key lime pie to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in "The Big Easy"!Live2DineDined on 8/23/2014The wine list is extensive. Our Steaks we perfectly seared, cooked to perfection. The piano bar provided a romantic touch which made "The Chop House" a truly authentic New Orleans dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flavor and atmosphereWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful meal and ambiance. This is such a great place to celebrate anything - or just to have a great meal. Jacob - the captain - was absolutely tremendous and is one of the restaurants finest assets! It is such a delight to dine at Chophouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzyQDined on 8/16/2014Thoroughly enjoy the entire experience. Best steaks in town!!Special Features:
- Always a great meal.SebmVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always a great meal , steak or seafood. Filet , perfect, fried lobster tails delicious. The appetizers so good it's hard to choose. Service excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Orleans feelLike2eatDined on 8/15/2014The steaks were good. Sides were very good. I have eaten here twice and enjoyed my meals. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Sea Bassluv2dine2Dined on 8/12/2014Being a steakhouse I was not sure of trying the sea bass, but it came highly recommended. It was incredible, melted in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY THE BESTsteakaholicVIPDined on 8/10/2014Food was incredible! Bacon appetizer was one of the best foods I have ever tasted! Charring steaks is a true art form and our Porterhouse was a masterpiece! Service was friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- What a wonderful place!MLE724Dined on 8/9/2014From the moment you enter, until you leave...it's a dining paradise! The food is divine, of the very best quality, the service and attention to detail is impeccable. The staff works as a team and gives you their very best from the Valet service, all the way to the Busboys. The atmosphere is relaxing and contagious. The live music is the perfect touch. If you're in New Orleans and want to escape the madness for one evening and enjoy quality service...then it's the place for you. It's a must-visit when in New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itWynetteDined on 8/8/2014Will go back again I loved the experience the portions are pretty big so I would suggest when ordering you keep in mind your portion will come out enough for two poeple even the desert keep that in mind when orderingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent!kmcdsteelDined on 8/3/2014I had the Cajun Delmonico. It was very difficult to cut and chew. Onion rings were great but I wish there would have been au gratin potatoes or broccoli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Spectacular experienceWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 8/2/2014Everything was perfect. We were early and got to enjoy the piano bar. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014A great dining experience - a little pricey...but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sodium BombOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Get ready for salt! Onion rings good but batter too salty. Bread not special, chewy. Steaks not really special. Shrimp cocktail didn't taste fresh. Trying to be fine dining but it has a long way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveHDined on 8/1/2014food was very good. Steak was excellent as were the salads and sides. Service was prompt bordering on rushed as we were finished within 75 minutes. Not quite as relaxed a meal as we would have liked.
- salbDined on 8/1/2014The ambiance was great. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We really enjoyed the music which was soft enough to be heard without disturbing the conversation. The valet parking was lagniappe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatrickVIPDined on 8/1/2014Attentive service, good location, great food. The jazzy pianist should focus on music that is more subdued that creates a background for the dining experience rather than competing with it.Special Features:
- louisDined on 7/28/2014Steaks were cooked to perfection! Sides were generous and delicious. everything served nice and hot. Cocktails perfect and generousSpecial Features:
- excellentmarymarDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed it tremendously! ! Food was outstanding, specially the sea bass. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!WeLiveToEatVIPDined on 7/24/2014Absolutely amazing experience. This is our third time here and everything was fantastic. Could not ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- imsofullDined on 7/19/2014Food was good but not great. Great service, atmosphere was nice. Found it to be a little pricey for the quality of food.
- Great pick for dinner!ShapooliDined on 7/18/2014I made reservations for my boyfriend's birthday. The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable! April, our server, was awesome and made sure that we received everything we needed. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingMizzDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant was amazing. The food is great, and the staff is professional. There are more options than only steak, in case you have that one person who does not feel like eating steak for some reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicejfrazureVIPDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed everything.....kids had a great meal and enjoyed their steaks. We had more money to spend on dessert, wine, etc. but the inflexibility on the chocolate cake serving to accommodate my kids cost them an extra $100+ likely in business that they could have had.Special Features:
- Loved it!KJchardonnayDined on 7/10/2014The food and service were outstanding. Would definitely recommend the Chophouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakKggfoodieVIPDined on 7/9/2014Always great service and great food. I also like that the menu isn't huge. Will be back . Also, glad for the valet parking and that everyone is so nice.Special Features:
- KatrinaDined on 7/6/2014Server was very knowledgable and attentive. The food was very hot and very good. We enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.