Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster
36 Beacon Drive
Greenville, SC 29615Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophouse47.com/
- Phone: 8642868700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Closed Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Chophouse '47 hearkens back to the cozy 1940’s upscale New York-style steakhouse- subdued lighting, hardwood floors, and dark-stained tables and chairs reflect the atmosphere of a great time in American history. They offer two private dining spaces as well as the option to buy out the entire venue.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Martz 8886521604
- Special Events: Chophouse ’47 is ready to make your next special occasion or corporate event rare with award winning cuisine and service in an upscale, professional atmosphere. We offer our full dinner menu as well as prix fixe menus that may be personalized to accommodate your needs. There are no room fees charged.
A word from Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster
Winner of Wine Spectator’s “Award of Excellence” & 10best.com’s “Top Restaurant”. A bustling, NY-style steakhouse experience featuring expertly broiled USDA aged beef, live Maine lobster & colossal shrimp. Offering an extensive- well priced wine list, private event spaces, large party seating & seasonal patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (30)notable wine list (28)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Spent a fantastic anniversary with my wife at Chophouse 47. The dinner was cooked to perfection; exactly the way I asked. The server was great, she repeated how we wanted our steaks cooked and described what the choice would look like. Very quiet restaurant, which was surprising as I expected to hear other diners but the tables are nicely spaced apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Steak was a great piece of meat cooked as I ordered, however a little seasoning would have helped the flavor, staff could have been a little more a tentative, didn't really like white Butcher paper on my table either. The price is high for what you get. Still a nice meal and atmosphere, just won't be rushing back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChophousecyburgessDined on 10/24/2014Enjoyed a great dinner with my wife. Extensive wine list and menu is varied. Best filet in town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Overpriced for the meal. It is a nice place, service was great and the food was good - but it wasn't as good as the prices indicated it should be.Special Features:
- AMAZING PLACE!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014THEE Best Steakhouse in the entire Upstate of South Carolina! If you have not been, you are missing out on one of the best Steakhouses in the country!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've had in awhile!TrishLizaCJDined on 10/9/2014First time visit to Chophouse 47 and it was all that I've heard/read about and more. Only negative thing would be the smoking (cigar specifically) that is allowed at the bar; the smell somewhat permeated into the dining room.Special Features:
- Fit the bill!ChiefDined on 10/4/2014We were looking for a special dining experience and got just what we were hoping for. Everything about Chophouse 47 was we outstanding. The steaks were the best we had ever had, by far! The wait staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Good steakhouseTlv123Dined on 10/2/2014Nice place. Good service and great food. I would recommend chophouse to anyone in the Greenville area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michaelDined on 10/2/2014Chophouse 47 has the best Caesar Salad I have ever eaten, and the steaks are always cooked to perfection. I fine the wait staff to be extremely attentive, and they always chill our champagne in a wine bucket not one of those chillers. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular since they openedNebishsearchDined on 9/30/2014Oysters Rockefeller is the best I have ever had! steaks and service always above average.Special Features:
- Great serviceTravelinBirdsVIPDined on 9/24/2014Excellent service and delicious food! We go here often and are never disappointed by the staff or food.Special Features:
- A Great Place to DineJOHNofGreenvilleDined on 9/20/2014Chop House is one of our favorite fine dining restaurants in the GSP area. The food is always excellent as is the service and ambiance. They have some truly great wines to compliment your meal. My only small issue is a few guys dining there in T-shirts and shorts, or crummy jeans. The place is nice enough for a dress-code (Business Casual) that requires a big boy shirt and pants!Special Features:
- Great food Cig smellCoachhendoDined on 9/20/2014as soon as you step inside the door the smoke smell is terrible. The entrance is in the smoking section which is the bar area. The food is great but I didn't like paying that much money to smell like a cigarette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you go forpastor4foodDined on 9/18/2014This is a great steakhouse in the old school upscale no frills model. Great service super Steaks. Just really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine RoomJoePDined on 9/16/2014I booked the wine room for a Customer Appreciation Dinner. While this room does come with a minimum charge - it was perfect for a private dinner and with the wall of glass you could still see the entire restaurant and bar.Special Features:
- Nothing to really rave about.CH47Dined on 9/13/2014No real criticism of this restaurant except we were not thrilled with the seating despite other open tables away from the foot traffic. This is our 2nd visit to this restaurant in the 6 years living near it. Due to the price tag, we can only afford to come here on very special occasions. Otherwise, this is a place for people who know Morton's or The Palm from the other big cities.Special Features:
- OkBestreviewsDined on 9/10/2014Just ok the wait staff are very rough seems like they were hired from Denny'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kshawDined on 9/6/2014This was my second time eating at Chophouse 47, and it may be my last. There are better options in town. The steaks are very good, and they claim to use only prime beef, but they are very expensive, relatively speaking. The biggest disappointment was the sides. Supposed to be portions large enough to share, but for $10 we received 8 asparagus spears, and we're not talking big spears either. More than $1 per spear is a bit outrageous! Plus, they were overcooked. Finally, it is clear from the menu that they don't make any attempt to cater to children (despite there being several tables with children). How hard would it be to put a cheeseburger on the menu? I shouldn't have to order a $40 steak for my 9 year old daughter.Special Features:
- Great Service, Great SteaksTastyJakeDined on 9/6/2014Service was excellent. Very attentive, warm and friendly. Steaks and sides were prepared well and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Menu & Service!BlueRidgeBootleggerDined on 8/30/2014We select Chophouse 47 when entertaining guests. Always a "Home Run"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedDGSsrDined on 8/27/2014Our steaks were over cooked. I was surprised as previous experiences always proved to be excellent. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Chophouse 47 Anniversary DinnerSandPGreenvilleDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 42 wedding anniversary and we decided to try the Chophouse 47. The food was fantastic, our waiter and all the other staff were so thoughtful and attentive. It was a great experience. When we first arrived we went to wait at the bar, the bartender found out it was our anniversary and gave us a glass of champagne, it was very kind of her and made us feel very special – one again a great customer experience.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner at Chophouse 47OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014While the food and service were very good, they did not do anything special for birthdays, i.e. piece of cake, free desert, etc. We also had a 6 and 9 year old along with us which was very challenging as they do not have a kids menu or even items on their main menu that a kid would enjoy (i.e. steakburger or side order of southern macaroni cheese). We tried to piece together some side items for them but I would never go back there with kids along. I would not recommend the following side items: onion rings or steak fries. Very expensive without any additional nice touches included. If you are looking for a great date night place, it's perfect. I would not recommend it for a high class family celebration.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOUGH STEAKJCDCDined on 8/23/2014I ORDERED THE PRIME 16 OZ. STRIP STEAK AND MY WIFE ORDERED THE PRIME PETITE FILET. THIS DINNER WAS CELEBRATING MY WIFE'S 65TH BIRTHDAY. HER STEAK WAS EXCELLENT BUT I FELT LIKE I HAD BEEN TO THE GYM FOR A WORKOUT AFTER CHEWING THE 16 OZS. OF LEATHER. THE STEAK DID HAVE A GOOD FLAVOR BUT WAS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST STEAKS I HAVE HAD. I RATE THE QUALITY OF THE STRIP STEAK LESS THAN WHAT I HAVE HAD AT THE STEAKHOUSES THAT LET YOU THROW PEANUT HULLS ON THE FLOOR. THIS PRIME STRIP STEAK DROPPED MY RATING OF THE QUALITY OF FOOD FROM OUTSTANDING, MY WIFE'S FILET, TO FAIR.Special Features:
- Great steaks!SmithandWollenskyDined on 8/11/2014Chophouse 47 is the most like a New York steakhouse in the area. Great food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents 50th AnniversaryDCHallDined on 8/8/2014We had a family dinner for our parents at CH47 for their 50th Anniversary. Thank you to all the staff for making this a memorable occasion for them. Service was great and very professional, and the food was as expected, awesome. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best!!!ColumbiaChickDined on 8/8/2014We have been coming to 'our place' since 2003 and it is always consistently excellent. It is our special place when we want the very best. The wait staff is professional and friendly and the food is outstanding. Anyone wanting to impress or just simply celebrate should definitely check out this restaurant. You will never be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDisappointedDined on 8/4/2014This was our 35th anniversary dinner. The food and atmosphere were great but have had better attention toward a special occasion. We had requested a special table. It was evident no thought had been put into the seating. The anniversary dessert plate we ordered had a candle, most fine dining restaurants we have been to on special occasions, the plate has been decorated with chocolate, etc. sauce with writing for your special day. I do not mean to sound petty, but it was evident that they do not go out of their way for a special occasion. They evidently have cigars at bar area. When you open entrance door you smell stale smoke. Throughout dinner you get a whiff because the wall between bar and tables are open shelves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent as always, however we have picked up a trend the last several times that the service can often feel more turn and burn. The servers rush through their introduction, and never gave us a chance to look at the wine list. A recommendation would have been great! The same with dessert service. I only get an after dinner drink if the server offers, as it lets me know if they care for us to stay. Nothing was offered. Pace of meals was also very rushed as the assistants were rushing to get to the next course, attempting to pick up the men's plates before the women were finished. They also dropped silverware on the floor in rushing to clear. Wish they would change their specials up every so often as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob RBobRDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I have visited this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. I've entertained customers, many of which were from large cities and they felt the same way. The Steaks are great my favor is the bone in Rib Eye 22oz. and the Sea Bass is second to none. Those of you that are lobster fans they have them up to 5.5 lb. I'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great dinnerbob123Dined on 7/26/2014Service was excellent, everything ordered was done exactly as requested...just great quality, not rushed, steak was superb...really nice special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every dimeCrawDined on 7/26/2014I waited for 2yrs to make a trip to Greenville for an overnighter. We made reservations at the Chophouse and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere, food and our waitress were all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chophouse 47 -- great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Chophouse 47 is a great restaurant for a special occasion. We went for our anniversary and it did not disappoint. The steaks are cooked Pittsburgh style with a charred edge, and are so tender. Just a great all around dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marstelesDined on 7/19/2014The bartenders were very friendly and attentive. The dining room was quiet during our visit. The service was timely and the server was very informative and courteous. My steak was perfect. My wife's fish, the trout, was disappointing and she did not eat much. Did not expect it deep-fried, should be sautéed. The server offered something else but it was too late. Finally, I believe the sides are very overpriced, even though they are large enough to share. The salads and appetizers selections were limited. Overall, the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took the Father in Law outRyanFamilyDined on 7/19/2014We took him there last father's day and he loved it. We wanted to do something nice so we surprised him. As always it went over as well as anything could. the food was great, the service was great, not too crowded so it was comfortable. Our waitress was as competent as she was enchanting and between her and the busboys (and other servers that came by as they work in a team), not a thing went overlooked. Most importantly, they get it here - they do their thing, attending to details without constantly interrupting which is so rare today. They just make sure everything is handled perfectly and blend in the background never interrupting. It's always a great experience (and really cute waitresses don't hurt ;-))Special Features:
- Superb Steaks, etc.GeneDined on 7/17/2014Our group of four had the 16 oz. prime NY Strip, the Triple Cut Lamb Chops and the Crab Cakes.....all were absolutely superb. It isn't the type of restaurant that would draw us on a weekly basis...simply because we tend to eat lighter...but for our visiting son's birthday it was absolutely excellent and we'll go again. By the glass the Franciscan Estate chardonnay was very, very nice. Others had martinis, etc. all of which were very good. Plus, the service was perfect.Special Features:
- Always greatKcheck57Dined on 7/14/2014Great food, service, ambience. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great steak!2finedinningDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed our romantic dinner here it was just great ambience, service, and food! Let's just say I have had some good steaks but this was one of the very best steaks I have had...cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Our initial waiter was rude and unprofessional He was replace by a waitress who provided outstanding service Our clothes smell of cigar smoke, so next time we will be sure to asked for dining room farthest from the Bar. Steaks were excellent as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Spoiled AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014The food was the biggest disappointment . My Manhattan came with a little too much bitters. One steak had to be sent back as it was overdone. When returned, it was very salty tasting, and I did not finish it, as my partner was done. The chop salad was OK, but certainly not high standard or memorable. The biggest shock was when our booth table had a woman smoking next to it in the bar area , and I could smell her smoke. The waiter explained it was an age old tradition to smoke in the bar. The service was very very good. I wish we had gone to their competition for such a pricey meal.
- The following 450 reviews are from the Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster reviews archive.