300 S. Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophousemiami.com/
- Phone: (305) 938-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday through Sunday 4:30pm - 11:30pm or later
Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 4pm-7pm & 10pm-Close
Please visit us at www.chophousemiami.com or call 305.938.9000 for more details.
Waterfront Patio in the heart of downtown Miami!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Pieter Van Staden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater all social and corporate events. From showers, Baptisms and Bar Mitzvahs to corporate lunches, dinners and cocktail receptions.
Chophouse Miami is the perfect place to celebrate any occasion! To book your next special event- please contact Madeline @ 305.938.9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Rooms Available for Groups of 10 to 120. Capacities: "The Waterside Patio“ seats 60 for sit down dinner or 120 for Cocktail Receptio. "The Club Room" seats 10 to 40. "The Main Bar" can accommodate a cocktail reception of up to 75 people and "The Lounge" seats up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Madeline 3059389000
- Entertainment: We know you deserve a cocktail or two after a hard day's work...so sit back, relax and enjoy..don't forget to grab a bit! Bar Bites menu with Bites at $5.00... American Beers- $2.50, Imported beers- $3.50, Drafts- $3.50, Cocktails-$5.00, Spirits-$4.50, and Frozen drinks- $5.00 offered EVERYDAY from 4:00pm-7:00pm DJ's Wednesday- Saturday at The Outdoor Lounge!
- Special Events: Join us this Super Bowl Sunday, February 3rd 2013 for Game Day Action & Fantastic Food & Drink Specials! Delicious Prime Rib Dinner specially priced at only $24.95!
Valentine's Day Reservations are still available, impress the one you love and call 305.938.9000 to reserve your romantic table!
A word from Chophouse 305
About Chophouse 305: Jacques Van Staden, Chef & Culinary partner brings a contemporary and globally infused menu with selections from all around the world. Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality ingredients cooked to perfection and provide you with the service and attention to detail you deserve. Chophouse is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Miami, with great water views from our terrace, just perfect for any corporate or private event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chophouse 305 reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Decent food, disappointing ambienceSteveVIPDined on 9/24/2014Visited this restaurant during Miami Spice. We sat inside preferring a/c to the street-side terrace, which was more popular. But the a/c was not working well, and it got warmer inside the longer we stayed. The menu and food were quite good, but service was slow even though we were one of only 2 or 3 tables occupied. If you go, sit outside.
- Pass on this onestraighttalkDined on 8/31/2014We went on a Sunday night and it was dead, plus the parking sucked-there was no valet and I had to park across the street at another station. Will not be going back.
- The following 125 reviews are from the Chophouse 305 reviews archive.
- Skip the Chophouse..visit WolfgangCapHillTravellerVIPDined on 4/12/2014On our recent visit to Miami, we wanted to have someplace within close walking distance to the Intercontinental Hotel where we were staying. We chose the ChopHouse because it had a nice fish menu (across the Street was Wolfgang Puck's restaurant)..we chose poorly! The food was not of good quality. The service was also not up too par. Sadly, we should have visited Wolfgang's instead.
- Just an OK RestaurantHofstraJetVIPDined on 4/4/2014The food is decent - service is for the most part competent. Best part is the patio bar and tables where you can overlook Biscayne Bay, even if you have to look past a busy street.Special Features:
- Valentines DayIsaav003Dined on 2/14/2014There was a pre-set menu but wasn't bothered by it, Our table was already served with water which had clearly been sitting there as the ice had already melted. There were two sets of menus one of which belonged to another larger party which had our server preoccupied. Our table was not served bread but other tables had baskets of warm bread. Furthermore the prime rib my date ordered was that was very dry served without Au Jus or horseradish was very dry and bland. My fillet mignon was great but that is the only thing that came out well. I was overall disappointed in my experience and would not recommend this restaurant. It was certainly not worth the $200+ I paid for this meal.
- We were visiting the MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We were visiting the Miami area for Valentines day and decided to go to this restaurant. The service was slow, we ordered wine which we didn't receive until after we were done with the appetizer course, our water glasses were empty for several minutes before being refilled and the servers didn't seem to know what tables ordered which dishes, they walked aimlessly around the 12 tables in our section. The seating and table looked like cheap patio furniture, it was uncomfortable and not very sturdy. We will never return.
- Outside bar not as good as2dinersDined on 2/14/2014Outside bar not as good as most bars. The drinks ordered were sub standard. The food was excellent though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for ImprovementTashDined on 1/30/2014The restaurant was very swanky looking but has room for improvement. The french onion soup was delicious but the entree didn't match in quality. The tandoori chicken kabobs were VERY dry...I barely ate any of it. The dessert was also delicious. The service when arriving to restaurant was not very attentive. The waiter could also have been a little more helpful. The guys running the valet service seemed to not speak English very well. They watched me opposite way when they could have let me know where the entrance to restaurant is. In general the service was not very attending. I don't mind paying the price for great food, but when the food is average and the service is not up to par, it is definitely not worth the price tag.Special Features:
- Nice Job New Years Eve ChophousePaulDined on 12/31/2013We went for new Years Eve not knowing it was a 'fixed menu'. We were not all that hungry (5 courses) so we were going to leave. The team let us eat off the regular menu and we sat at the bar, perfect resolution .Monika waited on us and she was as delightful and attentive as could be!! We were so impressed with how we were treated that after the concert we went back to enjoy the bar and the rest of New Years Eve there..... Thanks to all for accommodating us!!! We will come back for sure as well as tell our story about how great the service was.Special Features:
- ExcellentJohnieVIPDined on 12/14/2013Service great, food excellent. It was a little quiet but lots of Xmas functions on in the local hotels. 2nd time here and would always go back.Special Features:
- Good location, bad overallJJJJDined on 6/9/2013Ate here before a Heat game because of location. The steaks were over cooked by a mile and the service was poor.Special Features:
- Great wine list. BiggestJezterVIPDined on 2/23/2013Great wine list. Biggest draw back for me is their cuts and prices. If you want to try it i wouldn't say not to but not my first choice for a good steak.Special Features:
- We had dinner on New YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We had dinner on New Years Eve and were very surprised to see that there was a set menu even if we got the information by e mail that there would n o t be a set menu. The service and food was good though but the evening turned out to be all too expensive compared to what we expected since we had already pre-checked the regular menu and made our choices.Special Features:
- Steak not properly cooked.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2012Steak not properly cooked. While they offered an adjustment who wants a slightly cheaper but overcooked steak to eat. Very dissapointed. Not the same quality at all as the two previous times I had eaten there over a year ago. Service was courteous and prompt but not knowledgeable about food or menu. And really seemed to be just going through the motions.Special Features:
- The black grouper was excellentRickVIPDined on 11/16/2012The black grouper was excellent as was the Asian Sesame salad and beef carpaccio. Great outdoor dining and view.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2012I have been to this location a total of three times, once as Manny's Chophouse, once as Miami Chophouse, and just recently as the Chophouse Miami Bistro. I have noticed the food decline each time. As Manny's and Miami Chophouse I enjoyed the food of an upscale american steakhouse but I dont know how to describe the Bistro's food. I did not get american steakhouse from the way the food was prepared and needless to say, the food was underwhelming. Additionally, the valet was in his car as we pulled into the lot. He did not approach the car. I had to approach him and ask if I could receive valet. I selected the restaurant for my birthday because I remembered the Manny's of old but I will not return.
- The worse thusfarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012I had a reservation of six(6) including my boss. The food was so salty (it appeared salt was dropped into the food). I thought it was perhaps my taste buds, but everyone at my lunch table seemed to notice as well as mention to the waiter who did absolutely nothing about it as if he is far too use to that complaint. Thanks to the ChopHouse National Boss Day was the wrong choice...(smh) Not to mention valet parking is a joke! There is a sign pointing towards a parking area for the ChopHouse. Turns out, this is where the valet attendant parks your car. Once we were situated to turning the car around, the valet attendant stopped us and asked for the keys. All he did was park the car right in front of the space where we stopped.
- This was our first time atLuckyNVIPDined on 10/2/2012This was our first time at Chophouse , I was very worrid after reading bad reviews at Yelp. I have to say that the place is very nice, the atmosfere serene and the food was very good. The chop lunch box for $19 it's a great deal ! The bad and I have to say it , was that the food took a life to be served, the place was almost empty, it was around 2pm on a weekday, and we order regular and simple choices, a Caesar salad, a burguer and the box lunch. We were on a business lunch and I felt very uncomfortable with my guests that a simple lunch took so long.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. Had miamiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2012Food was delicious. Had miami spice and also ordered the flaming heat roll. It was spectacular. Peter our server was excellentSpecial Features:
- King crab legs where veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012King crab legs where very bad... Died out and cold had to send them back. Two steaks were over cooked. One med-rare was well done... We sent it back to only get a rare steak... Buy this time everyone else in the party of 5 was done eating... I wouldn't go back or recommend. Be to a couple other Chophouse in other cities that were great this one wasn't.Special Features:
- The entree was consider disappointiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2012The entree was consider disappointing by about half my party. The watress was outstanding and did an excellent job.Special Features:
- Went for Miami Spice and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2012Went for Miami Spice and was extremely disappointed in how tiny the steak was. It was around 3 oz, which is unacceptable. We asked for it cooked medium and it was almost rare.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2012We had a wonderful dinner and the service was excellent! A nice find!Special Features:
- The food ws great! The viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012The food ws great! The views amazing and the service outstanding!Special Features:
- The steak was average andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2012The steak was average and certainly not up to par with a prime steakhouse. The service was slow and we hardly saw our waiter. The bread we asked for was never delivered.
- NY strip steak was a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2012NY strip steak was a small nondescript cut, expected at Longhorn or Outback, but, not at a Prime Steakhouse this restaurant is purported to be. Very disappointing, as was the waiter, who was unfamiliar with the appropriate temperature appellations, mandatory knowledge for a server at a prime steakhouse. We also saw him rarely and felt unattended.
- Better English skills needed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012We were fairly dissapointed with this restaurant. We thought that two steaks with two sides and no drinks at $138 was just not worth it. The food was great however the server's lack of command of English not only made him hard to understand but also caused him to not be able to answer our questions. We ended up spending an additional $24 on side dishes that we did not need as a result. Thec servern was very attentive and seemed very nice but that communication issue just knocked the wind out of the sails for us!!
- Great if you came for what you gethamakonDined on 6/9/2012The bone-in dry-aged ribeye brought tears of joy to my eyes. My wife also commended her yellow snapper. Reasonably stringent wine selection (for a steak house). Extremely attentive service (Peter). Good value for (quite a bit of) money.Special Features:
- I have not been in a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/28/2012I have not been in a couple years since the change in ownership. It was good, not amazing. I would try it again. Had chicken breast which was enjoyable although menu state it was a double chicken breast and there was only one.
- Love it!HeatherVIPDined on 5/28/2012We have eaten here a few times before Miami Heat games and it is always delicious! They have good sushi, fish, and steak. They also have a nice cocktail list and delcious bread. The portions are a good size which is more than I can say for db bistro which is just down the street.Special Features:
- We went to the Miami ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/16/2012We went to the Miami Chophouse for New Years Eve, and it was TERRIBLE. We decided to give it another chance and it was much better.Special Features:
- Good, not excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2012The elevator music over a techno beat was so loud as to almost be uncomfortable, but the happy hour crowd didn't seem to mind. It would have been a much more serene and elegant evening had we eaten inside, but we wanted to actually have a view- the inside has no view whatsoever. The food was good- the churrascaria was excellent, with a creative presentation. The raw oysters were nice, but not the freshest I've ever had. The "takushi" spicy tacos were delicious, but not so spicy! Great happy hour pricing on drinks and appetizers. The service was so-so, but I believe he was new, and the porch was fairly crowded. Again, had we sat inside, it would have been nicer. Overall, not quite as nice as I would expect for the price, but nice.Special Features:
- Okay main dish side dishes lacking.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2012We didn't try the steak. The lamb was great, and so was the salmon. The sides were bland & unfavorable. They ran out of chicken, which was the only item I wanted (we had steak the night before). Mostly, I'm a big mac & cheese fan and their truffle mac & cheese was horrible, no truffle taste at all, and the cheese seemed like it was from a power mix (like kraft) that wasn't mixed in completely. I actually couldn't eat it. Same for the garlic mash, no garlic! So, I won't be back..... I need the whole meal to be delicious, not just the main course. Nice outdoor seating, staff & view.Special Features:
- third bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Better food and prices next door at Capital Grille
- This restaurant doesn't standFrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/8/2012This restaurant doesn't stand out for anything in particular. Not sure how it stays open in a city that has so elevated it's culinary scene.
- Outstanding - truly one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/3/2012Outstanding - truly one of the most impeccably run steak houses in Miami.Special Features:
- UnfortunateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2012Recently visited Miami and thought we would try something new. The location and view from the patio was great! The food was pretty good as well, not worth the price but good! The service was horrible. The owner was gracious in listening to our concerns but the professionalism of the server was no where to be seen. Even after accepting the owners apology for the unfortunate night, we were surprised that the server CONFRONTED us! No apology from the server, just how dare we complain because " he bring da wine, yes?"! This could be a good restaurant but as usual service will dictate return visits!
- The quality of the steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/11/2012The quality of the steaks continues to decline and for the prices there are much better options in the area.
- Had a dinner for 11 at ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/18/2012Had a dinner for 11 at Chophouse this past week and the experience was spectacular from beginning to end! I am a big foodie so I asked the Manager to just surprise me with his favorite dishes, WOW! It was food heaven! The rest of my group had steak, fish, and other dinner staples and were very happy with their selections. Wine list was fantastic with very reasonable prices. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Excellent food.Sea Bass andAlesyabkVIPDined on 12/31/2011Excellent food.Sea Bass and stake was really nice. Can't say same about dessert it was awful and selection of sweets was very poor. It was NewYear's eve premade menus and we tried all desserts on that menu it was such a disappointment. Wasn't present good at all and I'll tell you more it was ugly and not tasty. Like I said earlier everything else was very good. I'm coming back there for the sea bass.Special Features: