Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport
801 Dixon Road
Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J5Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chop.ca/
- Phone: 4166747500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Tuesday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Wednesday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Thursday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Friday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH ON WEEKENDS
Saturday 12:00 pm - 12:00 am
Sunday 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Wine Bar, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Michael Nezny
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport
Chop Toronto Airport is only minutes from Pearson International Airport, Toronto Congress Centre and International Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, with over 250 seats, ample free parking and a 2000 sq. ft patio. Chop features cutting edge interior design; including travertine marble finishing and solid oak table tops, stunning light fixtures and a lounge with HD televisions to catch all the games. CHOP always offers the juiciest Prime Rib in the market, our famous Steak Bites and in-house baked breads and desserts made from scratch. Select from a wine list with over 100 choices. We always keep ample seating available for walk in guests!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (24)romantic (23)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (14)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Service. See comments below.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Food is pricy. Good but not spectacular for the price and the presentation was average.
- Accessible and GoodEventsonthegoVIPDined on 8/10/2014Loved the ambience and the menu. Girls behind the bar were exquisite and also good at pouring. Reminds me of the better steakhouses we go to in the States.Special Features:
- Smoked SteakNomnomDined on 8/7/2014This is a great alternative to the Keg since it has more creative menu choices. The smoked steak was tender and buttery with enough smoke favor. Unfortunately the steak oscar wasn't as tender and had a bit of a tough exterior but the mash potatoes with horseradish was a nice accompaniment. The dessert menu was just average though - we had the trio... It didn't fall flat but was nothing special.Special Features:
- Special occasionweddingcelebration6yrsDined on 8/2/2014While searching for a restaurant to celebrate my wedding anniversary, Chop was referred to me by a close friend. I reviewed Chop and decided that I will make reservations that same day. I was impressed to receive a prompt email confirmation of the reservation. The day of the reservation I received a call asking which area I would like to be seated. I have never experienced this before. Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm atmosphere and special wishes from the staff. Our seating area was very secluded. Throughout the evening we were regularly checked on, even by the manager. At the end of the dinner we were given a glass of champagne each. To say the lease we were very impressed with all Chop has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low end steakhouseClancyDined on 7/5/2014Should have known we would be dissapointed when we arrived at 7:00 on a Sat. night and the restaurant was almost empty. Started with getting our entree while we were half done our appetizer. I was told they never serve prime rib less than medium rare. ??? That's strange enough. Then they covered it with a thick, brown, sweet packaged gravy ???? When I asked our server why they would smother a $ 34.95 prime rib in gravy, she stated that that was " au Jus " Denny's wouldn't serve that on a plate of fries. They advertised "fresh grated horseradish " What I got was store bought with no kick whatsoever. My wife's striploin was so tough she had to cut 1/2 away and still had trouble with what she tried to eat. All in all, a terrible experience.
- Great attention to detailToughtopleaseDined on 7/4/2014We had 2 colleagues who had allergy alerts and they took very special care of them. Very impressed with a great job! had 2 recommended dishes by the server and both were spot on!Special Features:
- Chop Steakhouse never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2014This was our 7th time at Chop's and the food, ambience and service were amazing! Those are the things that keep us going back again and again.Special Features:
- great steaksJimmyDined on 6/16/2014this spot has very good atmosphere and steaks. great for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- dinner for 4 june 13/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The place is easy to find , lots of parking , clean , and generally a nice place to be . The menu is more extensive than most steakhouses and very reasonably priced . Our server was Preston and she was excellent . She knew the menu very well , was very good at explaining different cuts and temperatures , had excellent menu recommendations and while she didn't hover over the table she did seem to be there when someone needed something , a definite professional . The meals were excellent . Everything was cooked to perfection , served together , hot , and the portions were generous . Everyone was too full for dessert this time but next time for sure . Overall an awesome visit and will definitely be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch With a Colleaguelive2eatDined on 6/10/2014From the moment that we entered the restaurant, to the time we were prepared to leave ( 90 minutes), the experience was friendly, efficient, and extremely well done. with no sense of being rushed. Thee food was great, the noise level was minimal, and consequently we had enough time to conduct our business, eat in a relaxed atmosphere, and served professionally and courteously\. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodJeffVIPDined on 6/3/2014Food was good, steak was not done correct (Asked for Med +) got well done. Prices are reasonable, and service solid.Special Features:
- DisappointingTownieDined on 6/2/2014Smoked steak was tough and chewy. The worst steak I have ever had.
- Great food, great experiencePMM59Dined on 6/2/2014Wonderful selection. Very happy we choose this restaurant over the regular chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth watering melt in your mouthfun2eatDined on 6/2/2014Wow, Wow, Wow, best steak I have had in a long time! Great ambiance, excellent food, courteous and friendly staff... it truly was a gem especially for my guest and myself, my guest had a layover and needed to catch a connecting flight, and this place right by the airport made it so convenient! I will def return!Special Features:
- Party of 4SteakFinderDined on 5/23/2014I had the role of organizing a group dinner for 4. Chop was recommended by several friends of mine. After an evening of fun, laughter and great food, the server and manager followed up to offer thanks and confirm that the service was exceptional. The sirloin steak was cut to perfection and screamed flavor. The interior decor is unique with a mix of class and an artistic source of lighting ("hipster). I guarantee a fun-filled night with exceptional food and service. Chop will be at the top of my list of recommended restaurants and I have a feeling this place will pop up at many more locations.Special Features:
- Great Customer ServiceFoodieDined on 5/23/2014This is the second time I've been to this restaurant in 6 months and the service is still worth mentioning. I ordered a dish and simply asked to have it warmed up a bit more. Our server gladly took it back to the kitchen, and a woman who appeared to be a manager came by to apologize. I wasn't upset about my food, but she came by to make sure the next plate is prepared to my liking. They're very considerate here and customer satisfaction seems to be of the utmost importance. There's a familial vibe amongst the staff which is also nice to see. I recommend Chop Steakhouse.Special Features:
- Prime Rib "specialty" not so greatjsnapDined on 5/23/2014Brought a small out of town group here for a casual business dinner. Restaurant looks great, all servers and staff were very nice, friendly and helpful, decent wine list. Their menu is laid out to draw attention to their Prime Rib, also recommended by our server. Out of our small group of 5, 3 of us ordered Prime Rib. That meant only two in our group enjoyed their dinner. The prime rib cut was beautifully presented but it was tough and very poor quality. Nobody finished it, one person left hungry as we did not have time for a re-order. Go for the steaks - the ribeye looked good and was enjoyed by one in our group. Perhaps inconsistency of food quality explains why this great looking restaurant was half empty at 7pm on a FridaySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Excellent choices in food with a great upscale ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodfoodlippsDined on 5/21/2014nice little find beside the Toronto airport.. steak and drinks to die for! will be back!Special Features:
- Good place for a business dinnerRHTravellerDined on 5/21/2014Recently used Chop Steakhouse for a business meeting. Food was excellent and restaurant was noisy enough to be lively but not so noisy that we couldn't have a good dialouge. Would recommend for smaller groups of 4-6.Special Features:
- Family dinner, welcoming to kidsRebeccaDined on 5/17/2014We recently had a Mother's Day dinner at Chop Steakhouse. Our server was fantastic, our food was great. The food came in a timely manner. What I appreciated was that while we waited for our food to arrive, our server brought a small plate of fruit and veggies for my daughter to snack on!!! Great, thoughtful move! Thanks. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/16/2014Nice spot, good service, and rather good fare. A nice surprise not far from the airport and nearby hotels.
- Great find and great mealJonInDallasDined on 5/13/2014This restaurant came with good recommendation and earns it. This was my second time here, and first to eat in the main dining room. Excellent decor, and a more "professional" theme than the bar area - just depends on what you want for an evening out. Drinks were still on the skimpy side, but tasty; excellent wedge salad - house dressing with plenty of herbs; correctly prepared steak, and here in the dining room they were accommodating with my request for grilled peppers rather than potato / normal veggies. I would certainly return - dining room for business, bar for entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and quicklunchtimefoodieDined on 5/13/2014the only thing i would say is that your desserts are really bad they do not hold anything to other restaurants,other than that everything was great and we enjoyed our lunchSpecial Features:
- Good foodLuv2dineDined on 5/11/2014Food was great and service was fantastic. Would definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing good and better serviceNumber1foodieDined on 5/11/2014I brought my mother in for Mother's Day dinner, we were all very impressed with the decor and cleanliness of the restaurant. It was a great choice, the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly and the food was nothing short of amazing. The manager Matt made sure we had everything we needed, providing great recommendations from the menu. I would recommend Chop for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Airport AreaInMahBellyDined on 5/11/2014I live downtown and my parents live in Mississauga. I don't like them coming to the city and dealing with traffic/parking. This place suited them for food and decor/food suited my taste as well. I'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20plustipperDined on 5/11/2014While the décor is excellent the food and service were not up to par. The portions were very small and it was the first time I had a piece of meat drizzled with Teriyaki sauce and called steak Teriyaki. We sat for some time before we asked a passing server to take our drink order. The server on the table came and didn't ask if we wanted water. Chop needs some 'marketing concept' training for servers and the chatty three at the front door.
- Mothers Day Brunch12forbrunchDined on 5/11/2014We were a group of 12 for Brunch this past mothers day. The service was excellent, food outstanding and the Manager Matt Lancaster ensured that our party was well attended to. We had a terrific meal and a great family dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantCathy23Dined on 5/9/2014My steak wasnt cooked correctly, but they were deligent to fix it and had stellar service. They are very friendly and the place itself is very nice.
- The following 210 reviews are from the Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport reviews archive.
- First Time at ChopsfoodbitesDined on 5/3/2014The restaurant itself is nice the service was good (manager was not on top of things) and the food was not that great steaks were all over cooked.
- Amazing serviceSam1985Dined on 5/2/2014First time here and have to say I was more then impressed with the service and management. Food was great, great atmosphere and would highly recomend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.Catgirl15Dined on 5/1/2014Romantic date place with amazing service. Great for groups as well. Love the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeM4SLEXDined on 4/29/2014This restaurant is close to Toronto airport so I was unsure how good it would be. I was pleasantly surprised! Both food and drinks were great! I was by myself so preferred to eat in the bar area and it was very busy. There were many groups having dinner and drinks. It was an upbeat atmosphere. Next time I'm visiting Toronto I will be sure to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKRocketrobbinDined on 4/29/2014Service was great, ambiance is nice if a little loud would not be the best place for a business dinner. I was disappointed by the food, my husbands seafood chowder was cold and his steak had not been trimmed very well as half of it was fat. I choose to give this place a try after receiving an email promoting steak and crab limited time promotion. I found it interesting that the 'special menu' contained everything that is on the regular menu with the exception of two items so it was not very 'special'. I had the crab and prime rib, crab was great, baked potato was under-cooked and the prime rib was covered in a sauce which I was not expecting, it hid the flavor of the prime rib. For the cost I will probably not be back.Special Features:
- jonnyxDined on 4/26/2014took my wife to dinner there...we like the Keg so thought this was worth a try. Steaks were excellent but unhappy with dessert menu. Not much of one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealNewBeginningsDined on 4/26/2014Our second time to Chop. Certainly not our last! Food is varied, and very well prepared and served. Service is excellent! Very impressed with both visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be specific when reserving a tableYoupickeditDined on 4/26/2014I would suggest being VERY specific if you want a reserved table. I requested a nice table for my husbands birthday party of 2 and they put us near 3 larger booths (when there was still plenty of space) and than sat 2 large dinner parties with babies.....??? What was the point of the request?Special Features:
- passablemoronandonDined on 4/26/2014great staff, management, ambiance, food just OK at best, Wasn't offered water, bread was bad, supposed to be fresh daily bit in my opinion at least day old. I had steak oscar a very small portion 6oz, did not ever sense i had some crab at all The plate had asparagus as its green First time ever that I had 2 inch pieces of asparagus with not one tip. I could go on. Made the manager aware of this and he was receptive. So maybe things will improve. I'll not return.Special Features:
- Amazing !NeeCeexoDined on 4/20/2014Went for dinner there with my brother for his birthday and my boyfriend as well and we had a great time ! Staff knowledge of the menu was great and Jordana was great as well! Would reccommend and go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.