Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport
801 Dixon Road
Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J5Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chop.ca/
- Phone: 4166747500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Tuesday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Wednesday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Thursday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Friday 11:00 am - 12:00 am
NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH ON WEEKENDS
Saturday 12:00 pm - 12:00 am
Sunday 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Wine Bar, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Michael Nezny
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport
Chop Toronto Airport is only minutes from Pearson International Airport, Toronto Congress Centre and International Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, with over 250 seats, ample free parking and a 2000 sq. ft patio. Chop features cutting edge interior design; including travertine marble finishing and solid oak table tops, stunning light fixtures and a lounge with HD televisions to catch all the games. CHOP always offers the juiciest Prime Rib in the market, our famous Steak Bites and in-house baked breads and desserts made from scratch. Select from a wine list with over 100 choices. We always keep ample seating available for walk in guests!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCanadian
Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport - Best Restaurants in Etobicoke ›
Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (35)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (28)romantic (24)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (18)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- average foodptpasharDined on 10/25/2014Great ambience, very trendy for being so close to the airport but food was average and expensive. Expensive would have been okay for great food, but not for what we got. I had the ahi tuna which was bland and my husband ordered steak and spent a lot of time with the salt shaker which never happens with a well seasoned steak. Great ambience though and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining ExperienceWorldDinerDined on 10/22/2014Hostess immediately greeted you, explained your table situation, manager greeted us and waitress provided a sample of prime rib all in the first 10 minutes of arriving. Reservation at 8 sat at 8:05. Second manager greeted us at table. Wine list not deep but had good selection. Food was good and service outstanding. Only thing I could be picky about was noise level. The acoustics of the building are such that sound bounces so it is loud but if you want vibrant scene and good food with goid service I would recommend over rhe Keg, which has no reservations and long waits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was good. The service was great. The environment was comfortable. Thank You.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The service was ok and the food was over priced for the qutility we got.Special Features:
- DisappointingGordpDined on 10/8/2014The Gorganzola Lobster dip was really good, the tempura was a bad idea, it was a big clump of veggies that were hard to separate and share. We moved on to dinner. I had a specialty of the house smoked Rib Eye. It was gristly and tough as an old boot about 25% had to be left behind as gristle or fat. My wife had Prime Rib and hers was similarly tough, she was only able to chew through about half. Our guests had to send back one of their dishes for just being over cooked and inedible. Overall the place was ok, food and was poor, wine selection was good although it was overpriced. The room was loud and difficult to have a conversation at our table. Would I recommend it, no, would I go back, no.
- awesome first experiencelimabean08Dined on 10/4/2014i loved our waiter she was very energetic and knowledgable of the menu and drinks. she presented herself well and was in a great mood. the food was brought in good amount of time there was not too much waiting. the music could have been louder but overall the restaurant was great . i loved the interior and the ambience in the restaurant.Special Features:
- High end without high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014A good steakhouse, nice ambience, great service, decent prices.Special Features:
- Nice but bad servicetomfromhrDined on 10/2/2014Great food, but service was a little lacking. Server was nice enough but not very attentive. Had trouble getting her attention numerous times and wine glasses and carafes were left empty on the table for much of the time.Special Features:
- RJJMVIPDined on 9/30/2014Unfortunately, neither the service or the food was as good as we have had in the past at Chop ....
- OhioFredfreddybearDined on 9/28/2014I have eaten here several times and would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great ambiance, service and food. Relaxing atmosphere. The look-after I had was excellent.Special Features:
- stillfullDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good but it was our waiter Michael that made our evening with our American guests the most enjoyable. He was very efficient, friendly, funny and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for special occasionsChellaDined on 9/25/2014we have been to Chop for two family special occasions. once with kids and again with just adults. both experiences were worth going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, average steak houseJLDCEOVIPDined on 9/23/2014I am a big fan of steak houses and have been to all of the good ones, chains and one-offs. Chop is a 5 out of 10. Decent food, good service but nothing to write home about. If you are an out of town-er (like me) and want a solid meal close to the airport, Chop is a good choice. If you want a great steak and meal, go somewhere else.
- Friendly AtmosphereActor62Dined on 9/20/2014We celebrated an anniversary at this restaurant since it was near our hotel and recommended on open table. My wife enjoyed the prime rib and I had a very good steak. Very good service at all times even though the restaurant was full. I don't know how long you would have to wait for a table without reservations but it might be some time on occasion. Large portions of food and the prices are about what you expect in a steak house of this style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnyandMarieVIPDined on 9/18/2014If you are staying at the Sheraton Conference Centre hotel, Chop Steakhouse is a pretty good bet. Short walk, no driving involved and decent food. Was it the best steak I have ever had, undoubedly not, but I have had far worse. It was cooked as ordered, appetizers (an assortment) were all good and service was great. Ducale wine at a reasonable price made the experience even better. I have dined at another Chop Steakhouse in another city and it did not come up to this location's standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!LuckyladyDined on 9/13/2014If you are looking to have a fine dining experience without having to go into the downtown core Chopped is the place to go. The menu has something for everyone and the environment works is suitable for work or play. It will become my new go to place.Special Features:
- Amazing experience.SteakloversDined on 9/12/2014This was our first dinner at Chop and it was one of my best dining experiences ever. The steak was perfect, top notch service. Skip The Keg from now on and go to Chop. The menu is more extensive and the food is much better along with exceptional service for the same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great ambience. Cater to food allergies. I have had several items from menu and am never disappointed. Desserts are amazingSpecial Features:
- Great Surprise!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I have struggled in recent history to find a truly solid dining experience in the Toronto Pearson Airport area and because CHOP is a multi-location 'franchise' of restaurants, I was actually expecting something more along the lines of a (much older) competitor that has a long-standing location just up the street. Boy, was I wrong!! My dining guests and I were treated like royalty from the moment we walked through door - and it was very busy that evening! All staff were very attentive and informative. Solid wine list. And then the food was all amazing! No 'cookie cutter' cuts on any of the meat and all served to perfection. I am in the 'User Experience' business...and these guys truly get IT. Well done - keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodTonyDined on 9/6/2014Overall experience was good. Our waitress was excellent, very attentive and kept checking on us. I went with my wife and 8 yr old girl. Great kids menu options. Wife enjoyed the wine list. Her prime rib was not the best ever had but ok. My steak and lobster was good although steak was more on med side than med rare as requested. Good menu selection. I'd like to give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014Visiting family in the Toronto area and were looking for a great spot near Airport. Chop steakhouse was the spot. Fabulous food -- great knowledgeable staff and great environment. Would highly recommend for the traveler or as a special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service. See comments below.DrJackDined on 8/26/2014Food is pricy. Good but not spectacular for the price and the presentation was average.
- Accessible and GoodEventsonthegoVIPDined on 8/10/2014Loved the ambience and the menu. Girls behind the bar were exquisite and also good at pouring. Reminds me of the better steakhouses we go to in the States.Special Features:
- Smoked SteakNomnomDined on 8/7/2014This is a great alternative to the Keg since it has more creative menu choices. The smoked steak was tender and buttery with enough smoke favor. Unfortunately the steak oscar wasn't as tender and had a bit of a tough exterior but the mash potatoes with horseradish was a nice accompaniment. The dessert menu was just average though - we had the trio... It didn't fall flat but was nothing special.Special Features:
- Special occasionweddingcelebration6yrsDined on 8/2/2014While searching for a restaurant to celebrate my wedding anniversary, Chop was referred to me by a close friend. I reviewed Chop and decided that I will make reservations that same day. I was impressed to receive a prompt email confirmation of the reservation. The day of the reservation I received a call asking which area I would like to be seated. I have never experienced this before. Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm atmosphere and special wishes from the staff. Our seating area was very secluded. Throughout the evening we were regularly checked on, even by the manager. At the end of the dinner we were given a glass of champagne each. To say the lease we were very impressed with all Chop has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low end steakhouseClancyDined on 7/5/2014Should have known we would be dissapointed when we arrived at 7:00 on a Sat. night and the restaurant was almost empty. Started with getting our entree while we were half done our appetizer. I was told they never serve prime rib less than medium rare. ??? That's strange enough. Then they covered it with a thick, brown, sweet packaged gravy ???? When I asked our server why they would smother a $ 34.95 prime rib in gravy, she stated that that was " au Jus " Denny's wouldn't serve that on a plate of fries. They advertised "fresh grated horseradish " What I got was store bought with no kick whatsoever. My wife's striploin was so tough she had to cut 1/2 away and still had trouble with what she tried to eat. All in all, a terrible experience.
- Great attention to detailToughtopleaseDined on 7/4/2014We had 2 colleagues who had allergy alerts and they took very special care of them. Very impressed with a great job! had 2 recommended dishes by the server and both were spot on!Special Features:
- The following 234 reviews are from the Chop Steakhouse & Bar -Toronto Airport reviews archive.
- Chop Steakhouse never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2014This was our 7th time at Chop's and the food, ambience and service were amazing! Those are the things that keep us going back again and again.Special Features:
- great steaksJimmyDined on 6/16/2014this spot has very good atmosphere and steaks. great for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- dinner for 4 june 13/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The place is easy to find , lots of parking , clean , and generally a nice place to be . The menu is more extensive than most steakhouses and very reasonably priced . Our server was Preston and she was excellent . She knew the menu very well , was very good at explaining different cuts and temperatures , had excellent menu recommendations and while she didn't hover over the table she did seem to be there when someone needed something , a definite professional . The meals were excellent . Everything was cooked to perfection , served together , hot , and the portions were generous . Everyone was too full for dessert this time but next time for sure . Overall an awesome visit and will definitely be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch With a Colleaguelive2eatDined on 6/10/2014From the moment that we entered the restaurant, to the time we were prepared to leave ( 90 minutes), the experience was friendly, efficient, and extremely well done. with no sense of being rushed. Thee food was great, the noise level was minimal, and consequently we had enough time to conduct our business, eat in a relaxed atmosphere, and served professionally and courteously\. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodJeffVIPDined on 6/3/2014Food was good, steak was not done correct (Asked for Med +) got well done. Prices are reasonable, and service solid.Special Features:
- DisappointingTownieDined on 6/2/2014Smoked steak was tough and chewy. The worst steak I have ever had.
- Great food, great experiencePMM59Dined on 6/2/2014Wonderful selection. Very happy we choose this restaurant over the regular chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth watering melt in your mouthfun2eatDined on 6/2/2014Wow, Wow, Wow, best steak I have had in a long time! Great ambiance, excellent food, courteous and friendly staff... it truly was a gem especially for my guest and myself, my guest had a layover and needed to catch a connecting flight, and this place right by the airport made it so convenient! I will def return!Special Features:
- Party of 4SteakFinderDined on 5/23/2014I had the role of organizing a group dinner for 4. Chop was recommended by several friends of mine. After an evening of fun, laughter and great food, the server and manager followed up to offer thanks and confirm that the service was exceptional. The sirloin steak was cut to perfection and screamed flavor. The interior decor is unique with a mix of class and an artistic source of lighting ("hipster). I guarantee a fun-filled night with exceptional food and service. Chop will be at the top of my list of recommended restaurants and I have a feeling this place will pop up at many more locations.Special Features:
- Great Customer ServiceFoodieDined on 5/23/2014This is the second time I've been to this restaurant in 6 months and the service is still worth mentioning. I ordered a dish and simply asked to have it warmed up a bit more. Our server gladly took it back to the kitchen, and a woman who appeared to be a manager came by to apologize. I wasn't upset about my food, but she came by to make sure the next plate is prepared to my liking. They're very considerate here and customer satisfaction seems to be of the utmost importance. There's a familial vibe amongst the staff which is also nice to see. I recommend Chop Steakhouse.Special Features:
- Prime Rib "specialty" not so greatjsnapDined on 5/23/2014Brought a small out of town group here for a casual business dinner. Restaurant looks great, all servers and staff were very nice, friendly and helpful, decent wine list. Their menu is laid out to draw attention to their Prime Rib, also recommended by our server. Out of our small group of 5, 3 of us ordered Prime Rib. That meant only two in our group enjoyed their dinner. The prime rib cut was beautifully presented but it was tough and very poor quality. Nobody finished it, one person left hungry as we did not have time for a re-order. Go for the steaks - the ribeye looked good and was enjoyed by one in our group. Perhaps inconsistency of food quality explains why this great looking restaurant was half empty at 7pm on a FridaySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Excellent choices in food with a great upscale ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodfoodlippsDined on 5/21/2014nice little find beside the Toronto airport.. steak and drinks to die for! will be back!Special Features: