254 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chop-shop.co/
- Phone: (212) 820-0333
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jason Li
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact us to discuss catering off-premises.
A word from Chop Shop
Modern and cozy Chop Shop offers a sophisticated take on classic Thai, Chinese and Southeast Asian cuisines. Steps from Highline and Chelsea Galleries. Limited online dinner reservations available for parties of 2-6 guests and walk-ins always welcome. Special arrangements available for larger parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Chop Shop - Best Restaurants in Chelsea ›
Chop Shop reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Best Tom Yum SoupJaydeeDined on 11/4/2014The food here is reasonably priced and very high quality. I sat in the back room which was nice and quiet.Special Features:
- Cozy and friendly spotOccasionalNYCdinerDined on 10/28/2014I enjoyed the food very much and they allow you to make changes easily if necessary. The wait staff are appropriately attentive and don't bug you or hurry you. The staff is friendly and welcoming. I have gone now 3 times and enjoyed it each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemPlannerDiVIPDined on 10/25/2014Six of us ate in the now enclosed garden- so it's great year 'round. LEM was the most awesome server and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- GoodStefanoDined on 10/9/2014Went early on a weeknight, place was empty except for one couple. Maitre D did not want to seat our party of 6 (we had reservations) until the couple was finished with their meal. Didn't make much sense to me. He finally gave us one of their empty tables after about a 15 minute wait. Food good but portions on small side. Waitress mainly absent. Would have ordered more drinks but she rarely came to the table. BTW that couple finished about 45 minutes later.Special Features:
- Excellent Thai FoodeconoinkerVIPDined on 9/10/2014Interesting and tasty food, pleasant service, and reasonable prices. I especially liked the spicy noodles in peanut sauce.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014Simply fabulous food! Try the burnt eggplant and drunken noodle. Lovely ambiance. A hidden gem.Special Features:
- Need help with the detailsOccasionalNYCdinerDined on 9/8/2014The menu is very good and able to be adapted to eating concerns. This was my second visit and I was disappointed by how quickly the food was served and it wasn't hot, it was spicy which was great, but only warm. My friend and I arrived to an almost empty restaurant and it seemed as if they weren't quite ready for us (6:40pm). We were out back, which is lovely, but were told the fan was broken and that the air conditioning inside was also. They did get the fan going for us and the restaurant was packed by 7:30. They were kind and allowed us to sit and visit without pushing us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spicyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We went looking for a local resturant and found Chop Shop. The food was good but spicy and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotchelsDined on 8/24/2014Everything is fresh, reasonably priced, and spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent placeThisBrooklynGuyDined on 8/24/2014We wanted Thai and this was the only sit down place in the area. It was nice and they have a backyard space. Portions were a bit on the tiny side for the size of the bill, but overall decent place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming my go-to spotMastodanDined on 8/19/2014Went here for lunch with some co-workers for the first time recently, and have kept going back since. The drunken noodles are great, the lamb dumplings with chili oil I had last time were delicious, they have a little backyard for outdoor seating, the servers are friendly and on-the-spot, and .. they have Hitachino beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop Shop never disappointsBeinsteinVIPDined on 8/15/2014best Margaritas- hot and spicy Food is plentiful and awesome Service is great Will keep coming backSpecial Features:
- lpeteVIPDined on 8/13/2014Specials looked tempting but I had the pork dumplings and the green papaya/watercress salad.
- The following 68 reviews are from the Chop Shop reviews archive.
- HippoVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great plates and killer Asian fusion margaritas. Each dish had the right amount of spice.Special Features:
- Really greatFeasterVIPDined on 6/30/2014We love this place. The food is always delicious and the service extremely friendly. Fresh ingredients and flavours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!HorrifiedDined on 6/29/2014Absolutely delicious! Excellent quality food, great service, and the cutest, choosiest backyard. I want to go back ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Make Birthdays Come TrueWestsideAndyDined on 6/24/2014I desperately needed a place to take a close friend for her birthday that was intimate and had great outdoor seating, and the staff at Chop Shop (even though they initially did not have the space) made accommodations for our small party of three to sit in the outside dining area. They were also quite attentive to the "Birthday girl" and she received one drink on the house and ginger ice cream...yum. I am happy to have a neighborhood gem like Chop Shop on the west side.Special Features:
- Consistently Delicious!CenturionVIPDined on 6/21/2014Part of the charm of Chop Shop is consistency -- the food is consistently delightful, and the staff are consistently attentive and helpful. This is one of my favorite local restaurants, dining here often because the blend of flavors in the dishes never fails to delight and the team of staff at this establishment are professionals! And - with the summer here - the cozy outdoor space only adds to making dining here always a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodPantsVIPDined on 6/14/2014There were 4 of us so we had a chance to share many different flavors and dishes. Everything was great. The prices were fairly reasonable, but that was couple with small portions. We certainly had enough to eat because we ordered so many things. However, looking at the menu prices is somewhat deceiving because i felt we needed to order way more than we usually did. the up side was the variety we got, and we really did love every dish. Service was terrific. We went early - 7:30 on a saturday, so the place was far from full. It seemed it bit more hopping as we were leaving. Eating outside in back was definitly an nice touch - added to a relaxing and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time and will be back!BeinsteinVIPDined on 6/13/2014Chop Shop has never disappointed Food is excellent and staff never fails to please This was 3rd time and we will be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ ExperienceSatisfiedcustomerVIPDined on 6/2/2014Great food with fantastic service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Very fun and very goodDroculaDined on 6/2/2014Staff was super polite and really attentive without being cloying; food was terrific -- great to share; margaritas were spicy and lemongrass-y and a must drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The food wasn't bad... But the service was horrible.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014enjoyed my evening with friends and very good food ....go early if you want it quietSpecial Features:
- Nice Casual RestaurantAmandaBVIPDined on 5/17/2014Stopped by this small restaurant for a bite before Sleep No More and enjoyed the food. The food was tasty and the portion sizes varied dramatically. If I was in the area again, I might stop by for a bite, but I would not make a special trip here. Shout out to the servers who were all very pleasant and checked in on us frequently (but not too much)!!Special Features:
- AwesomeSaraVIPDined on 5/16/2014Great food, awesome patio/backyard. Always a solid choice!Special Features:
- TimothyDined on 5/9/2014Went here before going to Sleep No More. Not bad, but not great either. meh.Special Features:
- Great little findJakeDined on 5/3/2014Love the simple interior and good menu selection. Dishes were flavorful and well prepared.Special Features:
- Great DinnerBeinsteinVIPDined on 4/18/2014Just Discovered Chop Shop and am very happy that I did Food was excellent, staff very friendly and great ambience Will definitely be back againSpecial Features:
- City visitAdair3tripDined on 4/17/2014We enjoyed our meal. Nice time. Real neighborhood treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming and disappointingTravelerVIPDined on 4/11/2014We started with vegetable dumplings. The dough was too thick and chewy, although the filling was good. We also ordered their most popular dish, Drunken Noodles. The dished lacked flavor - the chefs relied only chile flakes and some sugar. The Li Mien were drenched in sauce and again lacked flavor. Although we were told the dish would be authentic, it was not. We did not want to order anything else. Simple dishes are always the hardest to do well. While the open kitchen was packed with cooks and seemed promising when we walked in, there is no flavor development here. None of the dishes tasted of much, and if you have spent any time in Asia the food here will disappoint.
- Great find in NYCHungryManDined on 3/19/2014The food was really good here. The staff was really helpful in explaining the menu and making recommendations. The pork dumplings were great and I highly recommend the drunken noodlesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Size Isn't EverythingFoodie61VIPDined on 3/16/2014Chop Shop is small, very small but the flavor of the food is enormous. Good food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Great find!BrycewDined on 3/11/2014Had a great experience at Chop Shop last night! The restaurant itself is smallish, but makes good use of its space. Nothing felt cramped, just cozy. Me and my three dining companions all had a cocktail off the specialty list and they were all delicious and imaginative and STRONG. Cocktails were all around $12, but for a cheaper option, the Tsingtao beer is just $5. The food was just as good as our drinks. Portions weren't huge, but they filled you up. I had the spicy drunken noodles and they were flavorful and spicy and didn't skimp on either the veggies or the chicken. The pork belly buns were the perfect starter to the meal. Our waiter was cheerful and attentive and funny. All in all, I had a wonderful time and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always mean waitress!!!table10VIPDined on 3/1/2014From the start the food has been inconsistent. there is a waitress with a severe attitude there as well. last night I ordered delivery for the second and very last time ever. I am not sure how old the Murray's chicken was but it certainly was hard and even difficult to cut through!! uneadible and a waste of $25.00. In the trash it went! so bad I could not eat it. Even the rice was hard and clumpy. It was in a curry vegetable stew with minimal vegetables!!! Sadly Chop-Shop is circling the drain and spinning fast!! Never Again!!!! Even the person that answered the phone had an attitude!!
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/17/2014We had been intending to dine at Chop Shop for months and finally ate there this last week. Our plan is now to dine there weekly. The food is sublime. We are rarely so happy when we leave a restaurant. The quality of ingredients and the execution could not have been better. Each dish had its own exquisite flavor.Special Features:
- The pork buns are pretty good.AP11VIPDined on 1/31/2014The pork buns are pretty good. Good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014Very poor service, bad bartender, but the food is good and nice quality, especially for it's relatively inexpensive price.
- Neighborhood stapleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2014We live nearby and go somewhat regally because we love the fresh take on Chinese food. But the space is crowded. While the service is generally nice, we were stunned that we had no reaction -- not even a wan apology -- from a server when we showed he that a piece of sharp plastic was in one of our dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved Chop ShopFernDined on 12/21/2013Casual, lovely little neighborhood restaurant with great food !! we loved everything we ordered. we will return !!Special Features: