Chop House 88
901 21st St
Vero Beach, FL 32960Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chop House 88
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://chophouse88.com/
- Phone: 7722267870x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday -Wednesday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Chop House 88
Chophouse in every sense of the word. Great Steaks, Fine Wines, Best Service, in a romantic atmosphere, with true value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chop House 88 - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Chop House 88 reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (11)romantic (10)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Chop House 88 ranks 10+RandyDined on 10/15/2014Should be Chop House 100+ as the Rib Eye was the best I have ever had anywhere. Garlic Mashed Potatoes and the Sauteed Spinach were very good, and the Goat Cheese Ricotta was my wife's favorite. Our friends had the House Special Steak and the grilled brussel sprouts with bacon and loved them.Special Features:
- overpricedalw1Dined on 10/8/2014Overpriced for the portion sizes as well as flavor. Our steaks had no real flavor, the cut of meat was good but it's like they didn't use any season or marinade and went straight from the refrigerator to the grill and my lobster tail was tough and rubbery. Not worth the cost. It took over an hour to get our food and there wasn't really anyone there. As much money as we spent and the lack of other patrons our waitress should have been more attentive. She eve. Apologized for neglecting us so clearly she knew she messed up.Special Features:
- Diamond in the rough!mattDined on 9/26/2014Don't let the view from the street or the location fool you! Once you're through the door you'll be glad you're there. Nice atmosphere, warm and welcoming staff, and the smell from the kitchen will knock your socks off! We were greeted warmly' seated immediately, and our waiter (Michael) promptly helped us navigate the wine list and menu. We settled for a nice shiraz and a couple of DelMonico's. The steaks were excellent cuts, and prepared to perfection. I have to say though, most people would stop there and be satisfied. not us. the vegtables were every bit as notable as the service and the steaks! Over all a great dining experience! My compliments to the Chef and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance Food Could Be BetterAwesomeDined on 9/19/2014Overall, the food lacked taste and the lobster was over cooked. The service is excellent and so are drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Steak houseSweetMMDined on 9/18/2014This is the best food I've had in Vero Beach. I had steak, shrimp and scallops and it was outstanding. The dirty martinis were fantastic as well. My server was so nice and very accommodating. I'll definitely return!Special Features:
- Disappointing!LaurenDined on 8/31/2014After years in business in two different locations, the Chophouse chef is still unable to prepare a steak any other way but RARE! This will be our last visit. Everything going downhill. Old location had great ambiance. A hostess to greet you. Not here. As always steak ordered Med. has to go back once or twice. They've even changed the once great truffle mac n cheese -wrong kind of pasta/bland cheese. Poor choice of music for this type of restaurant. Overworked waiter had too many tables to handle. Chophouse once a favorite of ours despite the raw meat now has nothing to recommend it.
- good steak house, a little slowchapter2Dined on 8/15/2014Ambiance was quiet and pleasant; good for conversation. Service professional and attentive. A little slow; we weren't in a hurry and it was ok. Steaks and sides were very good; loved the brussel sprouts with bacon. The house steak was an adequate portion at a decent price and was done as ordered. Chicken pot pie was like soup with biscuits...would not order again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid vero beach open tableRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 7/31/2014Filet was good as was crab bisque and wine Would returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningdtrippDined on 7/18/2014We went to Chop House 88 to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Being from out of town we weren't sure exactly what to expect, but reading other great reviews we decided to give it a shot. It did not disappoint. We had a quiet and relaxing dinner in a romantic atmosphere. The waitress was very friendly and accommodating. The food was spectacular. Everything combined made for a memorable evening well befitting for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 7/6/2014my favorite vero beach open table option .always consistent. will return
- Steaks were excellent as always butlocalguyDined on 7/5/2014not cooked to order. Way undercooked and had to send back to cook more to be able to eat it. Everything else was delicoius. Service was good but there were a couple of large parties and kept them occupied a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop house 88TravellerDined on 7/5/2014Huge disappointment. Supposed to be a prime steakhouse, but the only ribeye on the menu was only choice. Very tough, hard to chew. The bacon appetizer was a disappointment. My wife had deviled eggs, way too salty.
- Chop HouseVeroDinerDined on 6/24/2014Service and Restaurant were very nice as always. Sadly this time though the food was quite a bit undercooked and 2 out of 3 people had to send theirs back to be cooked so more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Chop House 88 reviews archive.
- SO SO EXPERIENCEtomasDined on 6/19/2014SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW, WENT FOR PRIME RIB SPECIAL - THEY WERE OUT - WHY NOT COOK MORE ??Special Features:
- Very Nice!NancyetcVIPDined on 5/25/2014All the years I have been going to Vero Beach, we never went to the Chop House, but will definitely go on our next visit. Very nice, subtle atmosphere. Drinks were made perfectly. I had Prime Rib and it was one of the best I have had. It did not automatically come with au jus and it really didn't need it! They did bring some when I asked for it though. The toppings for the baked potato came in a nice display. We were too full for desert but they packaged up creme brulee very nicely for us. My son had a HUGE burger (1 pound!). He could only eat half of it, but loved the rest of it the next day for lunch. A hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star restaurantRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 5/22/2014absolutely outstanding, as good as any restaurant in palm beach or scottsdaleSpecial Features:
- special occasion spotfunnDined on 5/11/2014We always go back to ChopHouse 88 for our special occasions. This night was our wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!Gusto1234Dined on 5/4/2014It's always a pleasure to go back to ChopHouse88! Consistency is always there making of each dinner occasion something really special. Friendly atmosphere with great service. Everything was delicious as always but the prime rib was just amazing. Definitely we will be coming back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBadgerDined on 5/3/2014Expensive, but the food was outstanding. I had theNY strip - best steak I've had in a long time. My wife had the fillet and raved about it. We both had grilled shrimp as well, and they were huge and very tasty. We will definitely return the next time we are in Vero.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceLikeadealDined on 5/2/2014We were there for our 30th anniversary, it was delightful,romantic and friendly. Our waiter was Mike, easy to talk to and just the right amount of conversation. When I mentioned baseball he was right in the conversation, loved chatting with him! He even asked where we were from and when we said the Adirondacks he sent over someone from there! We especially liked the early bird special and will go again for that. Loved my pork chops,so tender. I have already told my friends about Chop House 88, most have not heard of it. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Location Still GoodCranebrothersVIPDined on 4/28/2014The food was very good, service was spotty, wine list was good. The original Chop House near the ocean has changed when the owners went separate ways. The menu is still innovative and very good. For the price point, the linens if you wear wearing black were not available (was in the original), the lighted menus which were unique gone, just needs somethng. Wait staff skills needed work and much flirting amongst themselves at times to remember the diners. Food the tuna steak & as well as my husbands steak was delicious, both cooked to perfection and the appetizer as well. Wine list was good but not extensive as in the original. Still fit for foodies, but you must know about them from previous trips & make sure to note new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Visit SO much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Our 2nd visit to Chop House was excellent. David, our waiter, did an outstanding job, always there when we needed him. His suggestions were great and he made the meal even better. The food was superior. The rib eye steak was cooked perfectly and my wife's rack of lamb was outstanding. We completely enjoyed our meal and will be back. This may be our new favorite Vero restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real pleasure!Gusto1234Dined on 4/24/2014I lived in Miami for more than 20 years so am used to fine dining but Chophouse 88 really exceeded my expectations. Amazing food, great service, vibrant atmosphere. What a restaurant. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chophouse 88BlueElDined on 4/20/2014If you are anywhere near Vero Beach and don't eat at Chophouse 88 you will have missed a fantastic food and dining experience. There is something for everyone on the menu. The food is first rate, wait staff is attentive, knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2014Had heard a lot of good things about this restaurant. Food was good but perhaps not as good as it was built up to be. The inside is rather dark and not nearly as nice as expected. Took forever to get our bill when we were done.
- Awesome 88.RoadWarrior2VIPDined on 4/18/2014Top notch. Everything was great. Best steakhouse in Vero.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid High End Steak HouseAckamoVIPDined on 4/18/2014Had dinner for 5 on Friday before Easter with many other high end Vero options booked up. Very good comparable with other high end national steak houses (e.g., Morton's or Ruth's Chris). Service was excellent (only improvement would have been to check back on drinks more often). Beer tartare and salad appetizers were nice. Even brought out sides early as appetizers to accommodate kids at the table. Steaks and seafood were terrific. Only let down was my lamb chops, while tasty, were a little overcooked (asked them to be cooked per chef's recommendation). Great sides - especially the Mac & cheese. Not cheap, as you will pay major streak house prices. But a nice high end option in downtown Vero.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Just happened that our waiter was awful, not personal at all, totally unexcusable. Every other aspect was excellent, even the other waiters were more pleasant and helpful. A very nice atsmophere to dine and enjoy good tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great. service perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/30/2014food was great. service perfect. got a good lesson on "medium rare" at chop house 88. more on the rare side.Special Features:
- Lovely Birthday DinnerKaren4VeroDined on 3/30/2014This was our second visit to Chop House 88. We liked it so much we returned for my birthday dinner and tried the Sunday special, 3 course dinner for $29.99. Husband and I both upgraded to the 7oz filet for an additional $5. I added Oscar to my steak. The meat was beautifully done medium rare and the lump crab was luscious in the Bernaise sauce. Asparagus was tender crisp, perfect. My meal came with Scalloped potatoes, just as yummy as my homemade ones. The steaks were about 2 inches thick, lightly charred on the outside, seasoned and cooked perfectly and true to the tenderloin name. Dessert was a fabulous creme brûlée. Coffee was excellent. We each had a glass of the recommended wine. Service lovely. Leftovers packed for tomorrow's lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerChops1Dined on 3/29/2014As good as previous steak restaurant in Vero Beach. Will definitely go again uSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the bartender to theChazz28Dined on 3/25/2014From the bartender to the table everything was very up scale. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chophouse 88 gives you allBlueElDined on 3/22/2014Chophouse 88 gives you all the experiences of big city dining but in a small town. We love the food, the wait staff, the selections and you are always greeted with enthusiasm. You should never leave hungry as portions are large. Drink menu and wine list is exceptional! We look forward to our next trip for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always outstandingsheeperDined on 3/14/2014Chophouse is one of our regular haunts. And for good reason. The food is always outstanding and the service is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Another great experience. Both food and service could not be topped!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewotrevDined on 3/8/2014I was taken to Chop House 88 for my birthday. I feel that they are quite pricey, but the service was very good. I had filet mignon and really enjoyed it. The other party with me had the double pork chop and it was raw. He was too embarassed to send it back so he just didnt eat it. Nobody even asked why he didnt eat it. He took it home and cooked it the next day and said it was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was MT Chop House - Still Good!VIPMemberVIPDined on 3/1/2014Nice to see this place come back. Best steaks in Vero. We ate at the bar. Bartender very strange guy. Good service except for our drinks. We ordered two martinis. The guy brings us two martinis - one in a small glass and the other in a big class? We questioned the glasses and he insisted that both glasses were filled to the top. Later, he said he would pour more in the next round which we didn't have. Not what I would expect at a classy place like this.Special Features:
- excellentKevinDined on 2/28/2014it was excellent service and the food was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pricey, for Vero Beach,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/27/2014A pricey, for Vero Beach, restaurant but arguably the best meat restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed the ambience.VerydeliciousDined on 2/22/2014Really enjoyed the ambience. Everyone was very friendly and polite. The food was very tasty and cooked perfectly. The steak just melted in your mouth. By far one of the best filets I've had. Will definitely be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.