Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St
10235 101 St
Edmonton, AB T5J 3E9Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chop.ca/
- Phone: (780) 441-3075
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30 AM - 11:00 AM;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stephen Clarke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: CHOP Edmonton Downtown does not currently have any banquet space. Both other CHOP's in Edmonton however have a variety of function space serving the same great food that comes from our CHOP Kitchens. To contact either Catering department, please email-
Greg Switner- email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Within Chop Steakhouse Downtown Edmonton, we can host private parties of 12 in our beautifully designed private dining room. Set in an upscale contemporary casual atmosphere, Chop offers a menu that will tantalize and delight. With many secluded areas larger groups can be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 7804413075x
- Entertainment: LOUNGE - THE LOUNGE - Come on in and soak up the vibrant upscale urban setting as you enjoy your favorite selections of classically influenced HAND CRAFTED COCKTAILS, notable wines, and locally brewed premium beers. While kicking back with your favorite libation, enjoy the trendy sound system and friendly hospitality of our cocktail servers. Chop"s lounge is a favorite place for groups to come together and meet for lunch, after work or kicking off the evening. Smart and casual is the name of the game when it comes to dress code – come to see and be seen!
- Special Events: Be sure to check us out every Tuesday until August 20th for La Dolce Vita in all of our CHOP lounges, hosted by Peroni Birra Italia. Great prizes and some awesome complementary appetizers to get your taste buds buzzing!
Remember, CHOP Edmonton Downtown is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week! Come and see us again soon.
A word from Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St
Located in the heart of downtown at the prestigious Sutton Place Hotel. We truly are "Today"s Steakhouse". At Chop we bring together all the elements that discerning guests love about wine and food and combine them with energy, style and value. All of our steaks are certified Angus beef and are aged a minimum of 28 days. Executive Chef Stephen Clarke has created a sumptuous offering of fish dishes using the freshest SEAFOOD selected from local West Coast fisheries. ARTISAN BREADS, and decadent desserts. Our commitment to quality wines and incredible values from around the world are represented on our extensive list assembled by sommelier Kim Spence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (20)good for groups (18)special occasion (18)romantic (11)fit for foodies (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014This was the first time my wife and I visited the Chop restaurant and the experience was great. We sat on the upper level where it was quieter. The food was presented exactly as we had ordered and the service was out of this world. The waiters were very friendly and provided a service that I have not expierienced for some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceUnhappyCustomersDined on 11/18/2014We waited over 15 minutes for our drinks, 1 hour for our appetizers, and 2.5 hours for our food. During this time, no one came to our table to explain the delay in service or food. We actually had to walk around the restaurant to find someone to speak with. As this was a celebration evening (large party), we are very disappointed with our overall experience—especially considering the cost of the meals. Even worse, we found out that Chop was serving walk-ins (we had a reservation) before us. The manager did not comp the meal or even a portion of it, and he waited until after we had finished our meals to approach us and apologize (thank you at least for this) for the complete lack of service. Although the atmosphere and setting at this location is rather stunning, the food is not worth waiting hours for or having to deal with the poor service. It just really leaves a customer frustrated and disappointed. Tip to Chop: when there are food delays or issues with a lack of resources (staff), the courteous and respectful approach is to communicate this to your customers, on a timely basis, and to comp a portion of the meal or at least provide a free appetizer or drink(s) so that your customers are not left famished while they wait hours for a meal.
- A huge disappointment.quantumpineappleDined on 11/15/2014We went to the downtown Chop location hoping to have the amazing experience I had at other Chop locations in the past. Unfortunately, this did not happen. We waited over an hour for our food, which ended up consisting of the worst quality meat I have seen in a restaurant. Aside from quality, the steak was blue rare when requested at medium. After waiting for the manager to finish dealing with complaints from other tables, she tried to tell us that we were incorrect about how the steak was cooked instead of accepting that the kitchen staff were doing a poor job. When we found out that the manager and kitchen staff had all been recently replaced, things started to make sense. I would not recommend this location! Go to the west end instead.
- service was good, food was notdatenightalmostruinedDined on 11/15/2014Chop downtown was the start of our date night...thank goodness our evening ended with an awesome concert otherwise this night would have been ruined. We ordered the crab cakes to start, they were ok - nothing special. We then waited for 45 minutes to receive our main meal, my steak oscar was cooked to the appropriate temperature, the mashed potatoes and remaining items were cool to the touch. My husband ordered the new york strip, which is a familiar "cut" for us, but he questioned the quality and again his sides were cool to the touch. We did not have dessert as we did not have time due to the long wait between appetizers and main meal. The only thing that was pleasant about Chop was our server, Jessie. I do not mind paying more for a quality meal, unfortunately our meal was not worth the $130 that we were charged.
- We had an awesome time the Steak's were delicious!FleetwoodDined on 11/15/2014We had an awesome time the Steak's were delicious!Special Features:
- DisappointingChicky2380Dined on 11/15/2014I was here once before and had a great experience, but this time it was terrible. The service was very slow, the food was not great and we ended up being late for our event since everything took so long. The Chop Salad ended up also being quite disappointing (seemed like something you could buy at a fast food restaurant-pretty much a chef salad with terrible presentation).
- Great SeviceAwesomeserviceloverDined on 11/11/2014Our Waitress Wanita made some amazing suggestions, and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 11/9/2014Nice for conversation with friends. Pleasant waiter. Steaks were good, prime rib was average. Salads were enjoyed by all. Nice crisp veggies. Tasty desserts were sampled by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChopDillyDined on 11/7/2014Waitress was great but the music was so loud we had a hard time hearing each other. Stuffed potstoe was stone vold. By the time my husband sent it back and got it back he was done his meal. We sst ourselves as there was no one st the door. They have a large wine list if you are buying a bottle.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat here.diner456Dined on 11/7/2014Worst dining experience we have ever had. In short, they were out of product (Friday night) and the steaks were so badly overcooked we had to send them back. My wife ordered a medium filet and received a well done (or over) sirloin. My smoked rib eye was seriously overdone as well. My wife's second steak was cooked to perfection and was very nice but mine was so tough I could't eat it. The dinners were comped by the manager but I would have rather had a nice dinner (as we anticipated) and paid for it. The restaurant was only one quarter full even during the rodeo which should have been a clue to us. Never to return.Special Features:
- quality of food kills the moodthepope870Dined on 11/5/2014Went to the chop with my girlfriend and was quite unimpressed with the quailty of food. While the actual restaurant was nice i ended up with stomach pain for the next day and a half. If the food was as good as the restaurant looks there would be a lot of potential.
- greatAriaDined on 11/5/2014Excellent and friendly service, excellent food. Reservations are on the upstairs floor, and since we had an early after work mid week we were almost the only ones. This allowed us to have good conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- makan2Dined on 11/2/2014Excellent prime rib; disappointed no Yorkshire pudding served with it. Also the onion rings were quite disappointing. Soup was good ; so was the rum cake . Service was OK ; at one point , she asked me to pass her a dish ACROSS the table as she was removing the previous course dishes . ( really ??)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failed,disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Poor service,food quality failed,rude server..we feel discriminated. We cant believe for the second time that we visit there same result..totally disappointed customer..
- Food is the saving graceKrobsDined on 10/18/2014Some of the worst service we have ever experienced! Food was great, crab cakes highly recommended (just be ready to wait 20 minutes before you even see your server to order your first beverage, double up you drink order! also have your food order ready as you won't see them for another 20-30 mins. Our reservation was at 7pm and we didn't get finished until 10:30pm)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLASSIQUENJDined on 10/18/2014fabulous ambience in the lounge part...found it confusing to find the upstairs dining area....too many servers at our table...seemed confused as to whom was serving....food was goodSpecial Features:
- Will EataginOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We have used the Chop for brunch before and have always enjoyed it. This time was no different except for the fact that they were short staffed due to wait staff not appearing and they had run out of eggs and of course had no one to go for them. We were patient, got our food and still enjoyed the experience immensely. The staff that were present were great and the food, sans eggs, was also great.Special Features:
- TastySylvikDined on 10/10/2014Food was tasty. But maybe they should take a little more care on the cook of the steak. My wife's steak ordered a medium well and it came almost rare. Sent it back and when it cam back it was close to well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK - not stellarLCandACVIPDined on 10/6/2014Ceasar salad was flavorful and crisp - filet was undercooked (we asked for medium rare and it was blue rare) and a bit tough. Veggies were well prepared and small dessert cake was just the right amount to finish off the meal.
- Cut the saltMeg906Dined on 10/3/2014After assuring us the steak would not be very salty, not only was the steak salty so was the chicken. Overall 4 of us were not very happy.
- A nice surprise!TFlamingoDined on 10/3/2014We booked in the dining room for a pre-theatre outing thinking that, at least, The Chop at Suttton Place hotel would be walkable to the Citadel. It was our first visit but will not likely be our last. The staff were young, but energetic and pretty efficient. It seemed like there was a good sense of team amongst them. We told our server that we had a theatre date and they responded well. Our food arrived promptly and there was no undue waiting between courses. Particular note was made about the crab tacos appetizer. Delish! The salmon main course was also very fine and presented uniquely, in my experience, in a bamboo steamer. We'd love to go back and sample this place again, perhaps next time in the main floor bar.Special Features:
- Chop House Lounge2shortDined on 10/1/2014Food fair to good. Prime rib and potato was very good. Beans were quit raw. French onion soup was poor. May have been sitting in the pot from the day before. Thick, and didn't tastes like french onion. Sat for 20 mins. before drink order was taken, then the service improved and was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RawLimey66Dined on 9/28/2014Both steaks we ordered were very undercooked. When we asked for one if them to be re-cooked it came back exactly the same or maybe even nor undercooked.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Lunch here quite often - great place for business lunch. Good variety of food. A bit noisy but the booths assist in some privacy. Great service!Special Features:
- Good, but food mediocreMichyDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is nicely laid out and the surroundings are very nice and contemporary, however food quality and taste...well...just okay. I've been to this location many times before and the quality has definitely slipped. If casual atmosphere is what you are after than it is what you will get, if you are a foody then look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceCarnivoreVIPDined on 9/22/2014One of my favourite downtown lunch spots. Service has been prompt, and very accommodating to customer needs. The food reliably hits a high standard.Special Features:
- Would not go backfancydinerDined on 9/14/2014This is the second time I have been to Chop downtown. The first time was for my birthday and it was awesome. Great food, great waiter (Andrew) and overall a exceptional time. With it being my birthday I got a coupon for a appetizer for free on my next visit. I went back about 3 weeks later and it was a complete 180 degrees. The waiter must have thought I was some kind of gangster as he was continually calling me "bro" and was almost pressuring me to buy more beverages. The steaks were awesome again but a minor win. The icing on the cake however was getting added vegetables that we were unaware that you get charged for them and it was $5 per person for plain raw green beans. Will never go back.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable and will be backMsMacVIPDined on 9/6/2014Service was efficient and friendly, attentive, quality was excellent. Food was flavourful with great portion size. Steak was done properly, and the blackened haddock had the perfect amount of heat and the sweetness from the maple was a great combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure eating thereGr8placeDined on 9/3/2014The desserts are absolutely delicious and I like the mini versions. That way one does not feel guilty but yet feels satisfied. Good selection of salads Overall the place is friendly and the waitresses are just as courteous and friendlySpecial Features:
- not sure ....tryingtomakeendsmeetDined on 9/2/2014I thought it was overly pricey for what we got at lunch. Not very flavorful food either. The bill was over $50 for 2 at lunch with water and an iced tea.
- Good food, service needs "tweaking"KirkDined on 8/31/2014I've eaten at Chop three times and each time my main course has arrived before I have finished my salad. Service is friendly but inconsistent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't knock it out of the park.AlmostDined on 8/23/2014Unfortunately my prime rib was cold. They kindly took it back to heat it up again. The manager brought it back with an apology. It hadn't really changed much. The food tasted very good. The meat flavour along with the infused mashd potatoes and the fantastic side half tomatoe were greatly flavoured. My wife really liked her steak and lobster too. She started with French onion soup and I with Caesar salad. The salad was good, the soup was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the private roomsHprunnerVIPDined on 8/19/2014Went for a business lunch and got a private room. Food was good and service was attentive. Very surprised that even for a group of 10 they didn't add the automatic 18% gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The service was very good, the food was excellent! Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Shakey startAnnieDined on 8/16/2014When we arrived here,it was not too busy and yet once we were seated it took awhile for our server to show up. Then once the drinks were ordered we still waited. Not in any rush,we didn't complain but then the manager showed up and apologized and gave us all our drinks free. We thought that was very nice. After that the service was top notch. All the food came out quickly and hot. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent service!MeganoDined on 8/8/2014We went there for our 5th anniversary. Although we didnt tell them directly, the waiter found out after our meal that we were celebrating. They brought us out champagne and cake. They also gave us a card with a free appitizer coupon in it. Even before that though, the waiter was extremely nice and knowledgable! He showed us the menu and knew what he was talking about when we asked questions. I ordered the Teriyaki steak, which seemed a little salty to me, but my boyfriend said it was perfect. I ate the whole thing, so it obviously wasn't that bad. Drinks were amazing, I had the pink lemonade and it was fantastic! We will definitely be going there again!Special Features:
- The following 299 reviews are from the Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St reviews archive.
- Our waitress Sarah...ChrispyBeeDined on 7/22/2014Very personable, timely and knew her menu - my lunch companion wanted her opinion on whether to order the white or red sangria - she had opinions on both and knew which wines were used for each as well as the other ingredients. She was attentive and cheerful and the food was good. Nothing was rushed but being that I had to be back at work for 1 p.m. or shortly after, I appreciated how quickly the food came. Went for the high cal splurge - steak bites (tender and flavorful!) and cheesy toast (symphony of crisp bread, yummy cheeses and garlic) - can't go wrong. Lunch companion had the coconut lime mussels and the cheesy toast - declared it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Untappef resourceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014While everyone else waited in line at Denny's or Cora's Sunday morning we enjoyed an amazing Sunday breakfast out at 10am at Chop! Quiet and friendly service from the host and server. Would definitely go there again for a wonderful breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicejoelmcDined on 7/5/2014Our starter Spicy Cashew Peas was good & more than enough for two. We liked that they bring you bread with your meal. My top sirloin steak ordered Medium came as Rare. As I sat looking at a pool of red liquid slowly oozing into my baked potato, a manager came by & asked how things were. I asked him if my steak looked Medium & he said it was definitely not & took it away. The 2nd attempt at "Medium" was unsuccessful, but I had to eat something! The steak was delicious & tender; I just don't enjoy rare meat. Baked potato was rubbery & I'd swear it was microwaved (server said they were oven baked). My meal was free, that was wonderful of Chop to do & I'd try Chop again because of that.
- Terrible beef, go elsewhereTravellerDined on 6/29/2014We had prime rib and teriyaki steak. The prime rib was about an inch thick and tough. The teriyaki steak was fatty and grissly. I would never eat here again