Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St
10235 101 St
Edmonton, AB T5J 3E9Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chop.ca/
- Phone: 7804413075x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30 AM - 11:00 AM;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stephen Clarke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: CHOP Edmonton Downtown does not currently have any banquet space. Both other CHOP's in Edmonton however have a variety of function space serving the same great food that comes from our CHOP Kitchens. To contact either Catering department, please email-
Greg Switner- email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Within Chop Steakhouse Downtown Edmonton, we can host private parties of 12 in our beautifully designed private dining room. Set in an upscale contemporary casual atmosphere, Chop offers a menu that will tantalize and delight. With many secluded areas larger groups can be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 7804413075x
- Entertainment: LOUNGE - THE LOUNGE - Come on in and soak up the vibrant upscale urban setting as you enjoy your favorite selections of classically influenced HAND CRAFTED COCKTAILS, notable wines, and locally brewed premium beers. While kicking back with your favorite libation, enjoy the trendy sound system and friendly hospitality of our cocktail servers. Chop"s lounge is a favorite place for groups to come together and meet for lunch, after work or kicking off the evening. Smart and casual is the name of the game when it comes to dress code – come to see and be seen!
- Special Events: Be sure to check us out every Tuesday until August 20th for La Dolce Vita in all of our CHOP lounges, hosted by Peroni Birra Italia. Great prizes and some awesome complementary appetizers to get your taste buds buzzing!
Remember, CHOP Edmonton Downtown is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week! Come and see us again soon.
A word from Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St
Located in the heart of downtown at the prestigious Sutton Place Hotel. We truly are "Today"s Steakhouse". At Chop we bring together all the elements that discerning guests love about wine and food and combine them with energy, style and value. All of our steaks are certified Angus beef and are aged a minimum of 28 days. Executive Chef Stephen Clarke has created a sumptuous offering of fish dishes using the freshest SEAFOOD selected from local West Coast fisheries. ARTISAN BREADS, and decadent desserts. Our commitment to quality wines and incredible values from around the world are represented on our extensive list assembled by sommelier Kim Spence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)special occasion (14)romantic (13)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014This is the second time I have been to Chop downtown. The first time was for my birthday and it was awesome. Great food, great waiter (Andrew) and overall a exceptional time. With it being my birthday I got a coupon for a appetizer for free on my next visit. I went back about 3 weeks later and it was a complete 180 degrees. The waiter must have thought I was some kind of gangster as he was continually calling me "bro" and was almost pressuring me to buy more beverages. The steaks were awesome again but a minor win. The icing on the cake however was getting added vegetables that we were unaware that you get charged for them and it was $5 per person for plain raw green beans. Will never go back.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable and will be backMsMacVIPDined on 9/6/2014Service was efficient and friendly, attentive, quality was excellent. Food was flavourful with great portion size. Steak was done properly, and the blackened haddock had the perfect amount of heat and the sweetness from the maple was a great combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure eating thereGr8placeDined on 9/3/2014The desserts are absolutely delicious and I like the mini versions. That way one does not feel guilty but yet feels satisfied. Good selection of salads Overall the place is friendly and the waitresses are just as courteous and friendlySpecial Features:
- not sure ....tryingtomakeendsmeetDined on 9/2/2014I thought it was overly pricey for what we got at lunch. Not very flavorful food either. The bill was over $50 for 2 at lunch with water and an iced tea.
- Good food, service needs "tweaking"KirkDined on 8/31/2014I've eaten at Chop three times and each time my main course has arrived before I have finished my salad. Service is friendly but inconsistent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't knock it out of the park.AlmostDined on 8/23/2014Unfortunately my prime rib was cold. They kindly took it back to heat it up again. The manager brought it back with an apology. It hadn't really changed much. The food tasted very good. The meat flavour along with the infused mashd potatoes and the fantastic side half tomatoe were greatly flavoured. My wife really liked her steak and lobster too. She started with French onion soup and I with Caesar salad. The salad was good, the soup was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the private roomsHprunnerVIPDined on 8/19/2014Went for a business lunch and got a private room. Food was good and service was attentive. Very surprised that even for a group of 10 they didn't add the automatic 18% gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The service was very good, the food was excellent! Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Shakey startAnnieDined on 8/16/2014When we arrived here,it was not too busy and yet once we were seated it took awhile for our server to show up. Then once the drinks were ordered we still waited. Not in any rush,we didn't complain but then the manager showed up and apologized and gave us all our drinks free. We thought that was very nice. After that the service was top notch. All the food came out quickly and hot. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent service!MeganoDined on 8/8/2014We went there for our 5th anniversary. Although we didnt tell them directly, the waiter found out after our meal that we were celebrating. They brought us out champagne and cake. They also gave us a card with a free appitizer coupon in it. Even before that though, the waiter was extremely nice and knowledgable! He showed us the menu and knew what he was talking about when we asked questions. I ordered the Teriyaki steak, which seemed a little salty to me, but my boyfriend said it was perfect. I ate the whole thing, so it obviously wasn't that bad. Drinks were amazing, I had the pink lemonade and it was fantastic! We will definitely be going there again!Special Features:
- Our waitress Sarah...ChrispyBeeDined on 7/22/2014Very personable, timely and knew her menu - my lunch companion wanted her opinion on whether to order the white or red sangria - she had opinions on both and knew which wines were used for each as well as the other ingredients. She was attentive and cheerful and the food was good. Nothing was rushed but being that I had to be back at work for 1 p.m. or shortly after, I appreciated how quickly the food came. Went for the high cal splurge - steak bites (tender and flavorful!) and cheesy toast (symphony of crisp bread, yummy cheeses and garlic) - can't go wrong. Lunch companion had the coconut lime mussels and the cheesy toast - declared it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Untappef resourceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014While everyone else waited in line at Denny's or Cora's Sunday morning we enjoyed an amazing Sunday breakfast out at 10am at Chop! Quiet and friendly service from the host and server. Would definitely go there again for a wonderful breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicejoelmcDined on 7/5/2014Our starter Spicy Cashew Peas was good & more than enough for two. We liked that they bring you bread with your meal. My top sirloin steak ordered Medium came as Rare. As I sat looking at a pool of red liquid slowly oozing into my baked potato, a manager came by & asked how things were. I asked him if my steak looked Medium & he said it was definitely not & took it away. The 2nd attempt at "Medium" was unsuccessful, but I had to eat something! The steak was delicious & tender; I just don't enjoy rare meat. Baked potato was rubbery & I'd swear it was microwaved (server said they were oven baked). My meal was free, that was wonderful of Chop to do & I'd try Chop again because of that.
- Terrible beef, go elsewhereTravellerDined on 6/29/2014We had prime rib and teriyaki steak. The prime rib was about an inch thick and tough. The teriyaki steak was fatty and grissly. I would never eat here again
- Chop Downtownerinh4Dined on 6/27/2014We were a party of 6 that went to Chop downtown for a business dinner. The dinning room in Chop has only 2 tables that accommodate 6 people (they squish you in a both that really seats 4) We didn't fit so we had to eat in the bar which was not original idea of the dinner. The waitress was great but the food was very average. I would never go back
- Just alrightTimmytheReviewerDined on 6/14/2014Ate at Chop for the first time and probably wouldnt again. For a steakhouse the steaks weren't that good. Prime rib was tough and closer to rare than medium rare which is normally fine but there is a reason prime rib is served medium rare only. We have eaten at a lot of other fine dining restaurants and didnt walk away trying to find things to say good about it. The wait staff was good and we were close to the door so the music from the bar made it a little loud to sit down and have a discussion.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The menu is diverse and the portions are perfect! Service is always fast and friendly. Highly recommend the Ahi Tuna salad, but any salad is great there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014I ordered the dinner experience filet. The filet was extremely salty. Upon review of the tab, I noticed I was charged $41.95 for the filet while the menu price was $35.95. I asked why the difference. The server stated that the lower price was for a 6 oz filet and he gave me the 8 oz. the menu stated no portion size of filet rather the server took it upon himself to determine the larger filet and charge me as such. I would have preferred the 6 oz. When the manager came over he stated he would adjust the tab to reflect the concern. He then reduced the total by $3.00. Not sure where that number came from cause the advertised price was $6.00 different. Anyway this was an insult rather than addressing my concern. Chop downtown no more!
- Not to be ignoredremedylvrDined on 6/8/2014Don't pass off this steak house as just another trying-to-be-fancy downtown spot or a way-out-of-your-budget place. This was real food for reasonable prices. Our whole group was treated like gold and everyone enjoyed their meal, and ate every morsel of it. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great management. Worst cooks.KaneblacqueDined on 6/6/2014My partner and I have been to Chop on 4 different occasions and have had the most unbelievable bad luck each time. The managers are great and are willing to bend over backwards for you to rectify problems, however the cooks at Chop are clearly not chefs.
- Not good any moreRyanDined on 6/6/2014Chop is supposed to be known for their steaks but it seems like it's not as good any more. The steaks we ordered were too salty and overcooked to what we wanted. The server provided ok service as she was not here to check on us and made us wait very long to get a glass of water.
- Good food/serviceDeaRoxyDined on 5/30/2014It was great since this was a late night restaurant and having been at a conference till 10 pm, this one was one of the few we could find open in Edmonton downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2014Chop is one of those "it's okay " type restaurants for lunch. Food is standard however not exceptional. It has been about 7 or 8 mos ago that I was at Chop , prior to my most recent visit for lunch & the food is still average in taste & appearing "tired" when presented. The location is convenient and easy to get into if "in a pinch" for a lunch spot at noon & that would likely be my reason for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 286 reviews are from the Chop Downtown Edmonton - 101 St reviews archive.
- Business dinnerBizdinerDined on 5/15/2014I often take clients out to dinner or lunch and since we have been to other Chop locations we chose the downtown location to suit my clients. The food was exceptional and we weren't apart of other guests conversations. My wife does interior design and she went off about how well the whole place looked. I think because we sat in the dining room which is above the bar(2nd floor) , the bar service was extremely slow. We arrived about 15 minutes before my clients and when they sat down, my drink arrived about 5 minutes later. It was at least another 15 until they got theirs which made it uncomfortable because we began to wonder if the waiter forgot. But honestly that was the only hitch of the evening and overall the experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayChopLoungeDined on 5/11/2014Great brunch, great service. We sat in the lounge - amazing layout! Food was fantastic.Special Features:
- mother's day brunchgreattimeDined on 5/11/2014We dined as a large group for mother's day brunch. Food and service were great. The only minor issue was how our steaks were cooked...we all asked for medium well but half of us got rare. The restaurant was quick to fix this though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place!DynerDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten at the Chop on the Southside of Edmonton and the downtown location. The menu is extensive and has many items to choose from. The parmesan chicken wings to start are amazing as are the steak bites. My wife and I had appetizers, wine and each had an entrée and the bill was under $100 which I thought was great. Great food, great service and fair prices. This restaurant has the model down. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Worst Mother's Day everupsetparentsDined on 5/11/2014If it wasn't for the $50 please come back apology gift card, we wouldn't. We cancelled a reservation at the Hotel Mac to go "somewhere different" for Mother's Day. Along with my elderly parents, we walked in to Chop Downtown expecting a great brunch. Our waiter greeted us, but appeared ignorant of the menu and couldn't answer questions we posed. Once finally ordering our food, with special requests, we proceeded to wait. We had to flag our waiter down multiple times to ask for refills of coffee, hot water or cold water. Eventually, 3 of our meals arrived, but they were cold. The fourth meal never arrived at all. Our waiter never came back to check on us or ask how our meal was. Thankfully the manager apologized and tried to make amends.
- Mothers day BrunchBrunchDined on 5/11/2014I have already directed a complaint on Sunday, May 11 to your head office. I have received a reply and this has been rectified. I would not recommend this brunch to anyone
- Disheartened and dissapointedReetaWineDined on 5/11/2014Drove in from out of town to take my mother and sister out for mother's day brunch. First off - advertised as a brunch but not a brunch, advertised with special food for occasion - not the case. Service was awful, server was rude, un-attentive and careless. Food was terrible and really overpriced for quality, taste and quantity. All staff seemed to be having a personal party and oblivious or uncaring that patrons were there (singing at top of lungs, caring on personal conversations, spending more time with each other then customers). I can continue but truly there is no point. I am more upset on the fact that my semi-retired mother had to witness and experience this environment when it was supposed to be a very special occasion for her.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Honestly service was only ok. Had to ask three different times for more coffee. Toast was burnt, hashbrowns cold. Eggs were good! Eggs Benedict was awesome! Pancakes and omelette were also great! Not a fan when in an empty restaurant to be seated so close to everyone else. Also had to ask for bill after we had been done for at least 15 mins!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JingleDined on 5/9/2014Great food, excellent service! I will definitely be back. Parking is a bit of a pain to find, but there are lots of meters in the area.Special Features:
- Not very invitingSquirrelVIPDined on 5/8/2014Although the food and service were very good, we had difficulty getting in and out of the restaurant with our wheelchair bound mother.
- Chops Downtown - Privacy for 12Chopsfor12Dined on 5/6/2014Chops at the Sutton Downtown was a great place to eat and mix for our dining group of 11. The staff accommodated us graciously, in spite of our moving the reservation time by 1 1/2 hrs due to meeting delays. We were treated to our own private room that was perfect size for the group. Nearly everyone ate steaks, which were done to individual perfection. Not the first time at Chops by a long ways, but the first time Downtown. The bar looked very appealing as well, but we finished up relaxing privately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food exceptional serviceBaTlVIPDined on 5/6/2014The food was very good. Yassir was an exceptional server. My steak was a little over cooked, but I wasn't going to say anything. He noticed and brought me a new steak and ensured that we were happy and that everything was perfect!Special Features:
- Enjoyable.Chickpeas83Dined on 5/3/2014We were booked with another restaurant but got turned away because we arrived with a baby. Pros:Chop got us in really quickly and were very accommodating. Our appetizers arrived within 10 minutes of ordering and our starters came before we finished our tacos. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the staff was very attentive. Cons: we were sat in a very busy spot. Staff were constantly working around us. Desserts were nothing special and I ordered a lemonade and was given water with a squirt of lemon juice then was charged $3:29 for it. Over all we were happy with our experience and would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightPropertunityDined on 5/3/2014We decided to have our Special Graduation dinner at Chop, and it was fantastic. Probably a bit pricey - but we could carry on a conversation, the lighting was perfect and the food was fantastic. Who could ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service not so great foodjjlafondDined on 4/27/2014Atmosphere was nice, not very busy for a Sunday evening. Service great food not so much. small portions for price. First time there and probably last.Special Features:
- Duped By Poor ServiceEttieDined on 4/27/2014It behooves me to give Chop a poor review as they have a strong menu for both steak lovers and non-steak lovers and the west-end location is one of my favorite restaurants. We started by ordering drinks and eventually received a white wine rather than the featured red we ordered. We then ordered appetizers and a main course. The main course arrived, the waiter having forgotten to place the appetizer order. The Mediterranean Chicken Salad with succulent grilled chicken, from the feature menu is great and highly recommended. To make amends for not providing the appetizers, the waiter offered free dessert. Both the lemon meringue tart and the rum cake with vanilla bean gelato were scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtowns got it good,spukspukVIPDined on 4/26/2014This location downtown is going to be the "go to"... fine-dining when the new NHL rink is built across the street. The food is done with care, for instance. Snap peas on the menu, very fresh, crisp, spicy dressing. The steak was done, a perfect medium rare. And a full selection of wine, especially, top shelve selections. Great for my clients, or family alike.Special Features: