2625 W Queen Creek Rd
Chandler, AZ 85248Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chopchandler.com/
- Phone: 4808210009x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chop Chandler
It’s the sizzle of the steak.Continued
The conversation over a candle. The cocktail that concludes an incredible day...
It’s Chop Chandler, the neighborhood’s newest steakhouse, grill and lounge
The conversation over a candle. The cocktail that concludes an incredible day...
It’s Chop Chandler, the neighborhood’s newest steakhouse, grill and lounge
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Chop Chandler - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Chop Chandler reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)special occasion (65)romantic (59)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (34)good for groups (33)hot spot (21)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Beautiful restaurant, food was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014Beautiful restaurant and great ambiance. Key Lime Martini was fabulous and Wedge Salad was tasty. Lobster Ravioli was just ok. Was cold by the time I was served, husband loved his Pork Chop. Service was ok, alrhough we had 3 different servers which was a little confusing. Overall the ambiance was nice and I appreciated it not being busy on a Tuesday night since we were there for our anniversary. For the price I expected a little more from this place. Probably wouldn't return for dinner, but maybe Happy Hour.Special Features:
- 1st visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014First visit, was good. Good food, good service. Family BBQ on Sunday looked interesting. Would try this place again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Music a little loud. Overall we like dining with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different the second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The first time we went, the dinner was great, there was a piano player and it had a classy ambience - very pleasant. The second time we went it was loud and full of bar people drinking. Completely different experiences. My chop was good, which is their specialty, but my husbands ribs were not hot and low on meat and taste. We don't get to go out to dinner often, and appreciate the first experience, so we probably won't go here again unless we find out that there is a better time to go. Not a family place. Kinda dissapointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014I recommend chop for after work groups with coworkers or friends. Unique menu. service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll keep going backFredSDined on 10/24/2014Been to chop about 6 times - always happy to return. Excellent Martini up. Food never disappoints. The pork chop is just superb. Always enough for lunch the next day. Service is top notch. Manager is very visible; works, rather than observes, to make sure all is running smoothly; visits all the tables to greet during the meal.Special Features:
- not impressedSumreynDined on 10/24/2014Four of us decided to try Chop for dinner and I would just say it was ok and we probably will not be back. For the price I expected better quality my prime rib was very good however my husbands fillet was charred and way over cooked when he ordered it medium. Our waitress was new which is fine but she was not assisted by anyone and did not seem to be trained she couldn't answer basic questions and said I don't know. Dissappointed considering it is close and if we had a better experience we would be frequent visitors.Special Features:
- It was okkcsazDined on 10/18/2014Chop is a nice looking restaurant and our table was immediately ready for us. The food was good, but the service was just okay. We never had our glasses refilled, they forgot to bring an extra plate that we requested twice, and my daughters order was wrong. Plus they didn't apologize for it being wrong, but they did fix it. Overall the experience was just average.
- Very Nice ExperienceSatisfiedDiner2014Dined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed the restaurant. Service was exceptional. Food was delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but needs improvementHomechezDined on 10/17/2014Both my wife and I ordered the prime rib. We ordered it cooked medium, but when it came it was well done. That's wasn't the worst part. The crust, which I usually consider the best part was so extremely salty, it was like eating sand as the big salt crystals crunched in your mouth and I'm not talking just one or two, but an entire mouthful of salt. One bite and my wife was done. It just blew us away. I trimmed mine all the way around and finished my overlooked piece, but my wife could not. The waitress could see my wife struggling and asked if she was unhappy. They immediately whisked it away and she ordered a rib eye and sautéed mushrooms. The rib eye was good, but the sautéed mushrooms were unpleasantly sweet. The service was great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerHAPPYDinerDined on 10/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner only surpassed by the service. We asked for a more quiet table due to the fact one of our party has some hearing loss. They were happy to accomodate our request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmosphereMikeDined on 10/4/2014This is a great place for my wife and I to sit, relax, and catch up with each other after a busy week. We enjoy the atmosphere as well as the friendly staff. The food and drinks are great. If we know we are having a late dinner we can call ahead to reserve items on the menu that we know are fan favorites; this is great since we tend to like dining 8pm or later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chops is TopsdineinchandlerDined on 10/4/2014Chops is a neighborhood gem in South Chandler. We've been there on several occasions. Each time has been fantastic. They have a great selection for Happy Hour along with their daily specials, appetizers, side dishes and main entrees. We've not yet had their desserts as we never are hungry enough to try one.Special Features:
- just goodRustyDined on 10/2/2014Food is just middle of the road, prices are pretty high. Bad combo in my book.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experiencehoopitupDined on 9/30/2014The service was very nice. Our waiter was very gracious and so was the girl at the front door. The employees seem to enjoy working there which always amounts to a pleasurable experience. The only thing we didn't quite like was the set up of the restaurant. The entire place is focused around the bar and for two people who don't drink it was somewhat off-putting to be sat next to people who may have had a little too much to drink. Other than that our experience was wonderful and we will be sure to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColleenVIPDined on 9/27/2014The tables are so close together you cannot have a private conversation. Our reservation was set for 7:15 and there were no tables available for 30 minutes. Great food, great wines, the other issues are fixable.
- Good to tryeat1Dined on 9/26/2014Nice place. Food was very good. Portions very small for the price. Small baked potato, salad and side of mushrooms. Steak was charred on the outside which took away from great inside taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeShopGirlDined on 9/25/2014My boyfriend and I have only been once for dinner so I can't comment on brunch or lunch, but we thought it was great! The pork chop was amazing! Music was perfect and the booths are comfy and big. I've already told several people about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014The food and service were five star. We will make this our place of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtodineDined on 9/24/2014The steak was dry and tasted like a stick of beef jerky.Special Features:
- unknowable, slow, rude. Bad food.luckylucyDined on 9/20/2014Wait staff was horrible. Slow, rude, inattentive. The food was made incorrectly. Salads came before our appetizers. Our entrees had to be sent back twice. Our bill came with our entrees and we never were asked for anything else.Special Features:
- Food pretty good, Service not soAhwatukeeFoodieDined on 9/20/2014There was as a contrast between the quality of the food and the service this past weekend. The appetizers, salad were all served much too quickly, and pretty much all together, and not the order you would expect. The entrees came flying out while we were halfway done with what we already had on the table. The runners quickly offload the hot plates. I noticed that if there wasn't a direct route to the table they would often have to dump the plate somewhere to cool off their hands before resuming the race to the table. The forth entree came out pretty late in the same hastily manner. People waiting for tables were hovering over our table since we were near the door. I would assume it was an off (weekend) night and give them one more try.Special Features:
- Nice ambianceNycbornDined on 9/20/2014Nice spot. More of a romantic place than what I would call a steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to ChandlerAngelaVIPDined on 9/19/2014Thus is our third time at Chop & once again we were not disappointed! Staff was attentive & friendly & the food came out at the perfect temperature-hot but not "burn the roof of your mouth" hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Enjoyed dinner. Reservation was on time. Main course was excellent.Special Features:
- BeachbuddyDined on 9/13/2014It is a hidden Gem. Great date night place. We just love everything about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and over-hyped.AnompDined on 9/12/2014Seating was in an undesirable, high-traffic and noisy area for a date with a reservation. Entré was terrible and overall food presentation seemed lazy and highly unimpressive. I ordered the grilled chicken and my friend ordered the steak. Two big slabs of meat lacking any flavor and seasoning (my friend had to load on the table salt just for steak to be edible) on a plate with our one side crammed in a coffee cup. The desserts were remarkably better tasting. Service in the beginning was completely lacking, until a second server finally stepped in and was much more attentive. I would not return again as this experience was second-rate and the meal was very overpriced compared to its quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014It was our first time dining at Chop and the food was outstanding. We felt a little rushed by our server but the service itself was very good. I plan to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Food and Service are OKdinewineDined on 9/6/2014Service is OK, not great. Food is OK, very salty. Nothing special. I ordered the Steakhouse Linguini and Meatballs with Vodka sauce. The vodka sauce is just like plain marinara sauce. We ordered Ahi Tuna for appetizer, and it was delicious. Waiter was not the greatest waiter.Special Features:
- I would not go back.MsedwardsfoodDined on 9/6/2014I loved the Ambience of the restaurant but. I had lobster ravioli which was really dried out and very small for the price. My husbands steak was good. We rarely saw our waiter. Our table rocked The entire time. Our food was already gone by the time he came back to check on us. So I couldn't even tell him my pasta was dried out and to fix table. They did offer free dessert which was nice. Then someone else brought check and we never saw him again. We sat along the wall where the door was. That was terrible. So close to other people. You could hear their entire conversation. The bar area looked cool though. And I did See other peoples food coming out. Like the burgers. They looked good but not sure. For $75 bucks I just wouldn't go back.
- Food was not remarkable...luvsalmonDined on 9/4/2014I ordered the grilled salmon. It was very fresh and tender, but it had no flavor. Fortunately, my side was the sauteed mushrooms, which were strongly flavored. I cut up my salmon and mixed it with the mushrooms, and that made it taste pretty good. My husband ordered the Baseball Cut Top Sirloin. It was cooked correctly, but it was not tender as he expected it to be; the meat was chewy and contained gristle. We liked our server - he was friendly and prompt.
- maybe a little expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014They need to bring back nightly specials, my Burger was $13.00 with no fries. Outback sells a steak for less. We enjoy your place but please get a little more competitive with the market.Special Features:
- ChopDined on 9/4/2014We enjoyed a great dinner and it is a coolplace to go for a fancy meal or just a burger.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great...Ria4DinnerDined on 9/3/2014The food is good but over-priced... We've been multiple times and the quality of food varies. The first time we went a year or so ago it was wonderful. I've been disappointed on every subsequent visit since then. This last time our server didn't even come to the table until after another employee had taken our drink and appetizer order and then tried to take our menus without taking our order. Complete lack of communication among staff that was disappointing. If you go in not expecting great anything you won't be disappointed. The ambiance is wonderful and could be romantic although there always seems to be a lot of kids there.Special Features:
- East Valley Treasure1tastetesterDined on 9/2/2014The food , service, and ambiance made for a wonderful evening. The menu choices were very interesting and run the gamut from burgers to prime rib. There are also a variety of intriguing appetizers and desserts.Special Features:
- Always something offbugmamaDined on 8/30/2014The hamburger that was ordered medium rare arrived in 2 pieces and overcooked. The ribeye steak was perfect. Generally a great place but there's always something a touch off. The ladies room was also out of toilet paper which should not happen in a place that is trying to be more upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JwowwDined on 8/29/2014Terrible service but amazing food. It's a shame. Can't say I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great local GemEVFoodieDined on 8/29/2014CHoP never disappoints and is easily one of the best restaurants in the East Valley. Their menu is diverse and offers their guests any main course they are in the mood for. It is definately a must try for anyone not wanting to drive to Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHOP of ChandlerWildcatDined on 8/29/2014Excellent! The food, service and wine were absolutely fabulous. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice, Reservation IssueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was very nice and the food was great. However...We made advanced reservations through OpenTable....We specifically asked for a private table or booth. It's as if the note was not passed along by OpenTable or the restaurant did not care to read or act upon. We were seated on a long bench open table seating without any privacy for a special event. It was less than satisfactory in that regard.Special Features: