2625 W Queen Creek Rd
Chandler, AZ 85248Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chopchandler.com/
- Phone: 4808210009x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chop Chandler
It’s the sizzle of the steak.Continued
The conversation over a candle. The cocktail that concludes an incredible day...
It’s Chop Chandler, the neighborhood’s newest steakhouse, grill and lounge
The conversation over a candle. The cocktail that concludes an incredible day...
It’s Chop Chandler, the neighborhood’s newest steakhouse, grill and lounge
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chop Chandler - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Chop Chandler reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (70)special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (34)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (20)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Always something offOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The hamburger that was ordered medium rare arrived in 2 pieces and overcooked. The ribeye steak was perfect. Generally a great place but there's always something a touch off. The ladies room was also out of toilet paper which should not happen in a place that is trying to be more upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JwowwDined on 8/29/2014Terrible service but amazing food. It's a shame. Can't say I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great local GemEVFoodieDined on 8/29/2014CHoP never disappoints and is easily one of the best restaurants in the East Valley. Their menu is diverse and offers their guests any main course they are in the mood for. It is definately a must try for anyone not wanting to drive to Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHOP of ChandlerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent! The food, service and wine were absolutely fabulous. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice, Reservation IssueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was very nice and the food was great. However...We made advanced reservations through OpenTable....We specifically asked for a private table or booth. It's as if the note was not passed along by OpenTable or the restaurant did not care to read or act upon. We were seated on a long bench open table seating without any privacy for a special event. It was less than satisfactory in that regard.Special Features:
- dineoutdivaDined on 8/25/2014The steak was excellent, cooked to perfection, and the service was perfect. Chop serves high quality meat, and the sides are always tasty, with vegetable options that are out of the ordinary ones served at other nice restaurants. The food and wine are reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great little placeGreatDined on 8/23/2014We went to Chop on an invite from a friend and we came away really impressed. The ambiance is really nice, feels like a neighborhood joint. The food was fantastic, maybe a step below a Ruth's Chris but a major step up from an Outback, the steaks were delicious, the side dishes were tasty, and holy cow you have to try the pecan torte for dessert. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the costSamanthaDined on 8/23/2014Great food, not worth the cost due to potion. $30 for a protein and veggie is horrible. No starch. No side salad, no bread.
- first time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Calamari shared starter, swordfish special and pork tenderloin, all excellent plus super service by Alisha. And our Groupon made this visit a bargain! Very comfortable dining room surrounding the bar and low noise level even as it started to fill.Special Features:
- Below averageSteakloverDined on 8/21/2014Went for our 21 anniversary and were disappointed the place was Very loud tables are cramped together you can't have a conversation without neighbors listening in. Food was over cooked and service was below average. Bartender was excellent but dollar for dollar it is not worth the price and we won't be going back wondering how they stay in business
- Just Okay This TimeLuvclouds999Dined on 8/21/2014Love the Chop the first time we came. It was moist and most delicious. But this time the Chop was really charred on the outside but pretty rare on the inside. Not sure I wanted to eat pork chop rare. They tried to cook the same piece again but even the second time around it was still rare. The manager did give me a pork tenderloin instead but it was just okay. Service was great.Special Features:
- Another great night at Chop!LoveEyeTalianVIPDined on 8/20/2014Visited Chop again for dinner & they pleased us once again. Food was great & "Wine Down Wednesday" where select bottles were half-price was a pleasant surprise. Will definitely return another Wednesday for another great night.Special Features:
- Great New PlaceetherealgirlazDined on 8/16/2014great ambiance, great service, great food... definitely a great find and we will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent. The only downside was they were out of items listed on the menu - both beer and food. Waiter stated beer was not available because they were in the process of changing their menu. Food was not available because they had run out early in the evening. Pork chop was excellent, as was the flat iron steak salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeEnjoyedChopDined on 8/9/2014Chris and our server were amazing. Great teamwork, excellent food and wine.Special Features:
- A special place in SE ChandlerFredSDined on 8/7/2014As a party of four, we went for Thursday's special "Date Night" - four course meal for two for $39 total. Heck of a deal! Will do again. Food was superb - as good as you'll find in SE Chandler. Pork chop is a killer. Our service was truly outstanding. Asked for a couple of special things - got them. In addition, the evening's manager stopped by our table and asked if we were satisfied. We were. The whole place feels "right".Special Features:
- won't be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The first time we dined at chop the food was phenomenal. The pork chops was thick, tender and juicy. We took our friends last weekend and we're very disappointed. The service was mediocre and the chop was dry. The ambiance is great unfortunately we will not be back. Don't waste your money.
- Overpriced placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014I have no problem dishing up some money for a great dinner but paying 22 dollars which is a cheaper steak that they have wasn’t worth it. I got a very small steak about the size of my hand and a small baked potato and that was it. No salad, vegetables anything like that. I left the restaurant still hungry. Who know you could dish out over 70 dollars for two people and leave still hungry. Other than that, the service was great and place looks awesome. Just wish it was cheaper or they gave you more for your buck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationingVacationerDined on 7/28/2014We come to AZ on vacation every summer. We will definitely be sure to visit here every year! Food was great. Service was excellent! Atmosphere was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for formal eventSediva21Dined on 7/26/2014My fiance and I went to Chop for an early dinner. The ambience and service were superior, but the food was not as impressive. Almost all of it was overcooked and not seasoned very well. We did speak with an event specialist and found this restaurant to be a great spot for group dining. Even though we were not impressed with the food, we are still considering booking Chop for a pre-wedding party. There is a large, secluded room that accomodates up to 50 guests and they have flexible menu options.Special Features:
- Better Than Flemmings!RKDZNSDined on 7/25/2014Wife and I both ordered the Ribeye - very good! Cooked perfectly! Baked potato was a little bland, but the steak made up for it. We had grilled artichokes for appetizers - they were equally as good! Very nice wines, not bad on the pricing/glass. unimpressed with the desert selection. I will return to try the scallops!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014The service, ambience, and food was great! Our waitress was friendly, yet professional, and our needs were met quickly and easily. The manager came to thank us for coming and to make sure that we were happy with our meal. Each course was delicious and came out exactly as we ordered. We would definitely return and recommend to friends. Great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant - young staffCalvinDined on 7/22/2014We really enjoyed the ambiance at the food was good. The restaurant was slow(empty) but it was a Tuesday night. We will definitely go back, I just found it strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBradsosadDined on 7/21/2014I orded my first drink of Absolute Vodka.. When it came to my second drink I was told they were out...so I change to different brand...at the End of the meal I was asked if I would like any other talk to and then the waiter let me know that they all of a sudden had absolute again...very weird..then dinner tonight I order the prime rib with loaded baked potato my guest ordered the salmon with loaded baked potato.. the potatoes were cold that the butter that was in them would not melt...the portion on the prime rib was very small for the cost and they forgot to put the vegetables with the salmon....there is another steakhouse in Downtown Chandler that I would recommend
- Chop Gets ChoppedEjoyaDined on 7/19/2014Not quite sure Chop has earned its "fine" dining ribbon yet. The atmosphere is trendy, upscale and the bar attracts an electric crowd. Chop could use a few lessons from places like Shula's in terms of service and presentation. I found if you are a regular, the staff is overly welcoming and checks frequently on your satisfaction. This was our first time and we barely got noticed waiting too long for drinks, someone to take our order and for the final presentation of our check. We sat directly at that bar so I saw no real reason for not being acknowledged in a more timely manner. Food was average and presentation very sloppy for a place billing itself as "fine" dining.Special Features:
- Go for the barEllkeDined on 7/18/2014We went for dinner and found it was too noisy due to the bar noise. The food was good, the service was good, and ambiance was good, but all of it was overwhelmed - for us - by the 'vibrant bar.' It was a nice bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WelcomingLetseatDined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and welcoming attitudes of all personnel. Helpful, with humor and attentiveness.Special Features:
- Nice decorLocalfoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014The steaks did not compare to the big boys like Flemings, maestros,Ruth Chris, Shulas but were good. The salads,sides and bread were all average. Steaks are esy the sides show the creativity and style of the chef. These had neither. Texas toast and only one triangle each did not win us over.
- Thursday Night DatenightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014They have a special on Thursday for two which was excellent. The choices plentiful and the main course huge. We had the ribs which are excellent. $ 44 great value for all the things you get. Romantic bar atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Surprise!!NeighborhoodCoupleDined on 7/5/2014We had a reservation for 6:30 pm for a party of 4. We arrived on time and our table was ready. They serve home made like bread with honey butter when you arrive. My wife had the Chicken Satay and a Caesar Salad as her meal and loved it. I had the double cut pork chop. I am a pork chop guy and I have to rate this one right up there with the best. Also the slaw they serve with it is addictive. The other couple had the same as we did and loved theirs too. We had a couple of bottles of Planet Oregon Pinot and went home with a doggy bag and were pleasantly blotto. The server did an excellent job.Special Features:
- MayaMayaDined on 7/5/2014Excellent dining experience!! Only complaint (small), the pork chop was a little undercooked!!! Definitely recommend this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy if you can see the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Delicious mac and cheese with crunchy bits of bacon and penne pasta. Steak was very well done and flavorful. The only downfall for me was that the restaurant was so dark. I don't recall seeing any windows at all and I don't like feeling like I am in a cave. They do have a nice patio seating so when the weather is good, I will most likely prefer to sit outside.Special Features:
- Too dark & little serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014The restaurant was a bit too dark. I had to turn on the flashlight from my phone to tell if my steak was cooked properly or not. Also, our waitress serviced 2 other tables multiple times before waiting on us & we had to ask for table bread. Food was good but not worth the price. We will not be back.
- Date Night.LoveEyeTalianVIPDined on 7/2/2014Visited Chop for date night & it was a great experience. Friendly staff & great food, excellent combination for a wonderful night. Keep it up, Chop!Special Features:
- Superior diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2014There were 4 in our group, and we each ordered different entrees, and shared the tastes. All of us raved about our choices and were more than satisfied. The signature dish of the huge grilled pork chop is a must try even if you've never ordered a pork chop in a restaurant before. We'll definitely be returning to this find.Special Features:
- ChopChopDined on 6/30/2014I really like the ambience but the music was too loud for the mood they were trying to convey. I liked my caesar salad but not used to having capers in it. I liked the spaghetti squash but I thought there was too much arugula in it and also capers. The chef must like capers. I got the trout. Nice presentation but the almonds should have been slivered and not the type you would put on a hot fudge sunday. My friend got the sword fish. It was kinda mushy and not firm like I would think normal swordfish would be. I thought it was also under-cooked a bit. We like the creme brulée.Special Features:
- Cool place w/ good foodKashManDined on 6/28/2014Well rounded restraunt- food, ambiance, and service. Definitely will go back. Trust me it's all in their name Chop. Have the double cut pork chop its outstanding!!Special Features:
- Sales DinnerDelightedDinerDined on 6/25/2014I recently took a four customers here for dinner and it surpassed almost all of my expectations. All of our entrees were perfectly cooked including a rare filet, medium prime rib, scallops, etc. The wine list is spectacular' the ambiance was perfect with light music that added to the evening without overpowering our conversation and the server was delightful. The only nitpicks I do have is that the check was just dropped off without our server asking if we were finished or wanted coffee or dessert which ended our night a bit abruptly and they added gratuity on a party of 5. I would have tipped 20% so it didn't bother me at all. I look forward to bringing others in the future and will ask the server to offer after dinner drinks/dessert.Special Features:
- 2nd visit not as good as 1stJeneatsworldVIPDined on 6/24/2014Since I had a reservation thru Open Table I did not expect to get seated next to a bored 2 year old (this is not a kid friendly atmosphere) right next to the front door. They were not crowded and I expected a better table choice. Upon request they did re-seat us. We ordered the Calamari which had a very nice light coating on it but the calamari was like eating rubber bands, very chewy. It did get better with our entrees, I had the prime rib medium rare and it was cooked perfectly, very tasty. My husband ordered the ribs which were absolutely black and crusted on the bottom but beautiful on top, the side that is presented. Our waiter was very efficient. The kitchen seemed to be having an off night but we'll be back.Special Features:
- RanddoffCummingsDined on 6/24/2014Our waiter was very attentive and we never felt neglected. We began by ordering two White Zinfandel, but they didn't stock it. Another white wine was suggested, and it was alright. The shrimp coctail had a very spicy sauce. Some might think too hot. I had the ceasar salad thats dressing wasn't to my taste. Our dinners were cooked just as we had requested. I had a NY Steak and my wife had halibet. The food was satisfactory, but not what we expected for the cost.Special Features: