2625 W Queen Creek Rd
Chandler, AZ 85248Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chopchandler.com/
- Phone: 4808210009x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chop Chandler
It’s the sizzle of the steak.Continued
The conversation over a candle. The cocktail that concludes an incredible day...
It’s Chop Chandler, the neighborhood’s newest steakhouse, grill and lounge
The conversation over a candle. The cocktail that concludes an incredible day...
It’s Chop Chandler, the neighborhood’s newest steakhouse, grill and lounge
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Chop Chandler - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Chop Chandler reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)romantic (67)special occasion (66)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (35)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (18)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- unknowable, slow, rude. Bad food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Wait staff was horrible. Slow, rude, inattentive. The food was made incorrectly. Salads came before our appetizers. Our entrees had to be sent back twice. Our bill came with our entrees and we never were asked for anything else.Special Features:
- Food pretty good, Service not soOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014There was as a contrast between the quality of the food and the service this past weekend. The appetizers, salad were all served much too quickly, and pretty much all together, and not the order you would expect. The entrees came flying out while we were halfway done with what we already had on the table. The runners quickly offload the hot plates. I noticed that if there wasn't a direct route to the table they would often have to dump the plate somewhere to cool off their hands before resuming the race to the table. The forth entree came out pretty late in the same hastily manner. People waiting for tables were hovering over our table since we were near the door. I would assume it was an off (weekend) night and give them one more try.Special Features:
- Nice ambianceNycbornDined on 9/20/2014Nice spot. More of a romantic place than what I would call a steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to ChandlerAngelaVIPDined on 9/19/2014Thus is our third time at Chop & once again we were not disappointed! Staff was attentive & friendly & the food came out at the perfect temperature-hot but not "burn the roof of your mouth" hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Enjoyed dinner. Reservation was on time. Main course was excellent.Special Features:
- BeachbuddyDined on 9/13/2014It is a hidden Gem. Great date night place. We just love everything about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and over-hyped.AnompDined on 9/12/2014Seating was in an undesirable, high-traffic and noisy area for a date with a reservation. Entré was terrible and overall food presentation seemed lazy and highly unimpressive. I ordered the grilled chicken and my friend ordered the steak. Two big slabs of meat lacking any flavor and seasoning (my friend had to load on the table salt just for steak to be edible) on a plate with our one side crammed in a coffee cup. The desserts were remarkably better tasting. Service in the beginning was completely lacking, until a second server finally stepped in and was much more attentive. I would not return again as this experience was second-rate and the meal was very overpriced compared to its quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014It was our first time dining at Chop and the food was outstanding. We felt a little rushed by our server but the service itself was very good. I plan to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Food and Service are OKdinewineDined on 9/6/2014Service is OK, not great. Food is OK, very salty. Nothing special. I ordered the Steakhouse Linguini and Meatballs with Vodka sauce. The vodka sauce is just like plain marinara sauce. We ordered Ahi Tuna for appetizer, and it was delicious. Waiter was not the greatest waiter.Special Features:
- I would not go back.MsedwardsfoodDined on 9/6/2014I loved the Ambience of the restaurant but. I had lobster ravioli which was really dried out and very small for the price. My husbands steak was good. We rarely saw our waiter. Our table rocked The entire time. Our food was already gone by the time he came back to check on us. So I couldn't even tell him my pasta was dried out and to fix table. They did offer free dessert which was nice. Then someone else brought check and we never saw him again. We sat along the wall where the door was. That was terrible. So close to other people. You could hear their entire conversation. The bar area looked cool though. And I did See other peoples food coming out. Like the burgers. They looked good but not sure. For $75 bucks I just wouldn't go back.
- Food was not remarkable...luvsalmonDined on 9/4/2014I ordered the grilled salmon. It was very fresh and tender, but it had no flavor. Fortunately, my side was the sauteed mushrooms, which were strongly flavored. I cut up my salmon and mixed it with the mushrooms, and that made it taste pretty good. My husband ordered the Baseball Cut Top Sirloin. It was cooked correctly, but it was not tender as he expected it to be; the meat was chewy and contained gristle. We liked our server - he was friendly and prompt.
- maybe a little expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014They need to bring back nightly specials, my Burger was $13.00 with no fries. Outback sells a steak for less. We enjoy your place but please get a little more competitive with the market.Special Features:
- ChopDined on 9/4/2014We enjoyed a great dinner and it is a coolplace to go for a fancy meal or just a burger.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great...Ria4DinnerDined on 9/3/2014The food is good but over-priced... We've been multiple times and the quality of food varies. The first time we went a year or so ago it was wonderful. I've been disappointed on every subsequent visit since then. This last time our server didn't even come to the table until after another employee had taken our drink and appetizer order and then tried to take our menus without taking our order. Complete lack of communication among staff that was disappointing. If you go in not expecting great anything you won't be disappointed. The ambiance is wonderful and could be romantic although there always seems to be a lot of kids there.Special Features:
- East Valley Treasure1tastetesterDined on 9/2/2014The food , service, and ambiance made for a wonderful evening. The menu choices were very interesting and run the gamut from burgers to prime rib. There are also a variety of intriguing appetizers and desserts.Special Features:
- Always something offbugmamaDined on 8/30/2014The hamburger that was ordered medium rare arrived in 2 pieces and overcooked. The ribeye steak was perfect. Generally a great place but there's always something a touch off. The ladies room was also out of toilet paper which should not happen in a place that is trying to be more upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JwowwDined on 8/29/2014Terrible service but amazing food. It's a shame. Can't say I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great local GemEVFoodieDined on 8/29/2014CHoP never disappoints and is easily one of the best restaurants in the East Valley. Their menu is diverse and offers their guests any main course they are in the mood for. It is definately a must try for anyone not wanting to drive to Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHOP of ChandlerWildcatDined on 8/29/2014Excellent! The food, service and wine were absolutely fabulous. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice, Reservation IssueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was very nice and the food was great. However...We made advanced reservations through OpenTable....We specifically asked for a private table or booth. It's as if the note was not passed along by OpenTable or the restaurant did not care to read or act upon. We were seated on a long bench open table seating without any privacy for a special event. It was less than satisfactory in that regard.Special Features:
- dineoutdivaDined on 8/25/2014The steak was excellent, cooked to perfection, and the service was perfect. Chop serves high quality meat, and the sides are always tasty, with vegetable options that are out of the ordinary ones served at other nice restaurants. The food and wine are reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great little placeGreatDined on 8/23/2014We went to Chop on an invite from a friend and we came away really impressed. The ambiance is really nice, feels like a neighborhood joint. The food was fantastic, maybe a step below a Ruth's Chris but a major step up from an Outback, the steaks were delicious, the side dishes were tasty, and holy cow you have to try the pecan torte for dessert. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the costSamanthaDined on 8/23/2014Great food, not worth the cost due to potion. $30 for a protein and veggie is horrible. No starch. No side salad, no bread.
- first time hereGrubHunterDined on 8/23/2014Calamari shared starter, swordfish special and pork tenderloin, all excellent plus super service by Alisha. And our Groupon made this visit a bargain! Very comfortable dining room surrounding the bar and low noise level even as it started to fill.Special Features:
- Below averageSteakloverDined on 8/21/2014Went for our 21 anniversary and were disappointed the place was Very loud tables are cramped together you can't have a conversation without neighbors listening in. Food was over cooked and service was below average. Bartender was excellent but dollar for dollar it is not worth the price and we won't be going back wondering how they stay in business
- Just Okay This TimeLuvclouds999Dined on 8/21/2014Love the Chop the first time we came. It was moist and most delicious. But this time the Chop was really charred on the outside but pretty rare on the inside. Not sure I wanted to eat pork chop rare. They tried to cook the same piece again but even the second time around it was still rare. The manager did give me a pork tenderloin instead but it was just okay. Service was great.Special Features:
- Another great night at Chop!LoveEyeTalianVIPDined on 8/20/2014Visited Chop again for dinner & they pleased us once again. Food was great & "Wine Down Wednesday" where select bottles were half-price was a pleasant surprise. Will definitely return another Wednesday for another great night.Special Features:
- Great New PlaceetherealgirlazDined on 8/16/2014great ambiance, great service, great food... definitely a great find and we will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent. The only downside was they were out of items listed on the menu - both beer and food. Waiter stated beer was not available because they were in the process of changing their menu. Food was not available because they had run out early in the evening. Pork chop was excellent, as was the flat iron steak salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeEnjoyedChopDined on 8/9/2014Chris and our server were amazing. Great teamwork, excellent food and wine.Special Features:
- A special place in SE ChandlerFredSDined on 8/7/2014As a party of four, we went for Thursday's special "Date Night" - four course meal for two for $39 total. Heck of a deal! Will do again. Food was superb - as good as you'll find in SE Chandler. Pork chop is a killer. Our service was truly outstanding. Asked for a couple of special things - got them. In addition, the evening's manager stopped by our table and asked if we were satisfied. We were. The whole place feels "right".Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceLoveMyWineDined on 8/6/2014All the employees made you feel that they were happy to serve us and make us feel welcomed. The wine selection is the best around, if you enjoy quality wine. The meal was amazing with every bite. If you have not been to Chop then you are missing something special. We have also just gone for happy hour and fun to sit around the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- won't be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The first time we dined at chop the food was phenomenal. The pork chops was thick, tender and juicy. We took our friends last weekend and we're very disappointed. The service was mediocre and the chop was dry. The ambiance is great unfortunately we will not be back. Don't waste your money.
- Overpriced placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014I have no problem dishing up some money for a great dinner but paying 22 dollars which is a cheaper steak that they have wasn’t worth it. I got a very small steak about the size of my hand and a small baked potato and that was it. No salad, vegetables anything like that. I left the restaurant still hungry. Who know you could dish out over 70 dollars for two people and leave still hungry. Other than that, the service was great and place looks awesome. Just wish it was cheaper or they gave you more for your buck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationingVacationerDined on 7/28/2014We come to AZ on vacation every summer. We will definitely be sure to visit here every year! Food was great. Service was excellent! Atmosphere was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for formal eventSediva21Dined on 7/26/2014My fiance and I went to Chop for an early dinner. The ambience and service were superior, but the food was not as impressive. Almost all of it was overcooked and not seasoned very well. We did speak with an event specialist and found this restaurant to be a great spot for group dining. Even though we were not impressed with the food, we are still considering booking Chop for a pre-wedding party. There is a large, secluded room that accomodates up to 50 guests and they have flexible menu options.Special Features:
- Better Than Flemmings!RKDZNSDined on 7/25/2014Wife and I both ordered the Ribeye - very good! Cooked perfectly! Baked potato was a little bland, but the steak made up for it. We had grilled artichokes for appetizers - they were equally as good! Very nice wines, not bad on the pricing/glass. unimpressed with the desert selection. I will return to try the scallops!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014The service, ambience, and food was great! Our waitress was friendly, yet professional, and our needs were met quickly and easily. The manager came to thank us for coming and to make sure that we were happy with our meal. Each course was delicious and came out exactly as we ordered. We would definitely return and recommend to friends. Great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant - young staffCalvinDined on 7/22/2014We really enjoyed the ambiance at the food was good. The restaurant was slow(empty) but it was a Tuesday night. We will definitely go back, I just found it strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBradsosadDined on 7/21/2014I orded my first drink of Absolute Vodka.. When it came to my second drink I was told they were out...so I change to different brand...at the End of the meal I was asked if I would like any other talk to and then the waiter let me know that they all of a sudden had absolute again...very weird..then dinner tonight I order the prime rib with loaded baked potato my guest ordered the salmon with loaded baked potato.. the potatoes were cold that the butter that was in them would not melt...the portion on the prime rib was very small for the cost and they forgot to put the vegetables with the salmon....there is another steakhouse in Downtown Chandler that I would recommend