40 west 56th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chomchomny.com/
- Phone: 2122132299
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Rosemary Lee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chom Chom can provide full-service catering for both corporate and social events.
- Private Party Facilities: Our 5,000 square foot space boasts a 120-seat bi-level space featuring back-lit vertically cut trees that create a chic and earthy ambiance. The spacious interior and friendly service from our experienced staff makes for an unforgettable dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Anne 5166038778
- Entertainment: Whether it's a party for 2 or 200, Chom Chom can fit your private party needs.
- Special Events: Happy Hour (Monday through Friday) from 4-7pm 50% Off Specialty Cocktails, Wine & Beers
A word from Chom Chom
Chom Chom is a casual fine dining restaurant, offering authentic Korean cuisine in a unique and modern atmosphere. Inspired by the traditional culinary techniques of Korean cuisine, we craft all of our dishes using only the freshest ingredients, including homemade tofu and dumplings. Our specialty is the one-of-a-kind kapas menu, our Korean answer to the wildly popular tapas style dining experience featuring small share plates. Diners can explore and experiment with our beautifully presented dishes that are both unexpected and soulful. The 5,000 square foot space boasts a 120-seat bi-level space featuring back-light vertically cut trees that create a chic and earthy ambiance. The spacious interior and friendly service from our experienced staff makes for an unforgettable dining experience. Private parties and corporate events are welcome and can accommodate up to 200 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chom Chom reviews from OpenTable diners
- Ho HumEyevalueVIPDined on 2/5/2014Not note worthy. Chom Chom's menu offers a wide selection. We ordered the sampler appetizer and salad to start. We ordered a chicken dish for an entree. All of these dishes came out quickly, too quickly. There wasn't anything wrong with the food. It just wasn't good enough to want to come back or encourage others to try it.
- A real find near City CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/21/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Chom Chom before a performance of Alvin Ailey at City Center. The food was wonderfully tasty. The service was friendly and efficient. And the tables were far apart enough for quiet conversation. This is a real find. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good neighborhood choicephotogalVIPDined on 10/30/2013We had a very pleasant experience and enjoyed the dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went with a friend for KoreanUnstoppablecyDined on 10/30/2013I went with a friend for Korean Restaurant Week and the selections they had were quite delicious! It was a prix fixe menu and I got the pancake sampler and the spicy short ribs as the entree. The prix fixe menu came with salad with this delicious dressing and a dessert of a rice drink with fruits. The service was pretty good as all the waiters and waitresses were very attentive. Definitely a place to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There Must be Someplace BetterDrusillaDined on 8/16/2013Do NOT order the bulgogi. The kalbi is good. The kimchee is terrible. The side dishes are small and not good. I have not yet found a good Korean restaurant in Manhattan.
- KoreanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013The food was really good and the restaurant was nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frozen fishAlexDined on 8/11/2013The food is tasteless and it looks like from the frozen fish. They lied about the Sunday lunch menu, they told that dinner is available only. The waiters are slow and inattentive. Spend time on it is clearly not worth it.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013great korean food, we went for restaurant week . for the price of 25 the menu was very complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2013Off the menu looked better and looked like it taste better than the restaurant week menu. The restaurant week menu was very weak.
- Great Korean food, we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/30/2013Great Korean food, we have had fun checking out the menu! The owner also has a Japanese place upstaris that is great, so you can get what you want! It is loud though! But the food is worth it!Special Features:
- Nice Korean BBQ place in Midtownbonedoc97VIPDined on 7/29/2013Went there late (9PM) and was seated quickly. Very attentive but comfortable service. Ordered the seafood pancake as appetizer and kalbi gui (short ribs) as an entree. Both were prepared very well and tasty. The banchan dishes were small but adequate - lettuce with spicy dressing, natto beans, bean sprouts, and pickled daikon. Interestingly no kim chee. Would go back again to try other dishes. Found street parking right in front of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Korean food upscaleArtyWoman69VIPDined on 7/12/2013We loved all the food we had and it was a lovely, quiet place in an otherwise hectic midtown neighborhood. A bit of an oasis for a foodie group tired after the MoMA experience. The food was excellent, the service good (although they seemed impatient at times) and we had a terrific time. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wandered into Chom ChomOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/14/2013I wandered into Chom Chom looking for an inexpensive to mid-range Korean restaurant to go to on a Friday night. Located in Midtown, I can imagine it's a workday haven for bankers because the food is fantastic, the prices are low and the service is impeccable. We made reservations thinking we would have trouble getting in, but were amazed to find the lower dining room with many tables open. It's a perfect place for a weekend date. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemNutmegerVIPDined on 6/10/2013Been coming back a number of times. In twos or in bigger groups. Foods are good and prompt. Service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Nice DecorOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/2/2013We enjoyed our lunch very much. The food was tasty and spicy. The ambiance was quiet and tasteful.Special Features:
- Nice, quick Asian food dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/31/2013We were party of 4 for quick dinner before show at City Center. Food was good, told waitress upfront that we had only 1 hour, no problem, they were very understanding. We tried Korean pancakes (veg and seafood - liked vegetarian better), sushi - ok, not great,hand rolls were better than regular sushi rolls, but everything was reasonably priced for NYC and quick service was an added bonus.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly great food andAlexVIPDined on 4/19/2013Unexpectedly great food and service, will be back again for sure.Special Features:
- good, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2013food is presented beautifully and it tastes pretty good, but not amazing. sometimes it's flat. sometimes it's too spicy. sometimes it's not spicy enough. i eat here because it's on the same block as my work. inconsistent is probably the appropriate term. but i continue to go because it's right here.....
- Food very good, great BloodyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013Food very good, great Bloody Mary. Staff attentive and pleasant. Setting just ok, considering a but pricey.Special Features:
- the bar is in the front--andBethRDined on 3/1/2013the bar is in the front--and the patrons rather noisy the night I was there (6:30!) but the food is fabulous! make sure you have the black sesame ice cream.Special Features:
- Great korean restarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2013Great as before！I think their food is better than the woorijip and hanguayi in the korean st.Special Features:
- Everything we had was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/9/2013Everything we had was very very good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Perfect pre-theater spot.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013It's amazing! The best korean restaurant in our new York trip.Tasty food and friendly service.I must come back again.Special Features:
- Delicious & great service!AudenDined on 2/6/2013What a gem! Great food, fast service, friendly & accommodating staff. I had lunch here with a group of co-workers during restaurant week. I'd definitely go here again. Great Korean food near midtown.Special Features:
- superbly prepared and freshsatisfiedDined on 2/3/2013superbly prepared and fresh offerings. varied menu. highly recommended.
- Bait and SwitchOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/2/2013Went to Chom Chom for lunch on Saturday after reading the good reviews for restaurant week. I saw the clapboard advertising restaurant week lunch & dinner specials. Was seated promptly and presented with the restaurant week menu in addition to the regular menu. Decided to have the restaurant week lunch special. Waitress looked upset and said lunch special was not available on Saturday. She flipped the menu over & said only the dinner special was served on weekends. It was a difference between $25 versus $34! I told her that wasn't what the clapboard advertised & she said she'd tell tell the boss. Ordered something else (not any better than what could be had in Koreatown). When I left the clapboard was still out there, unaltered.
- Restaurant WeekfamilyDined on 1/30/2013Went to the restaurant for Restaurant Week and ordered the Pre Fixe. Couldn't believe how great the food tasted. From the Salad to the Appetizer to the Entrée to the Dessert. Well, the dessert was the least desirable. However the rest of the food definitely made up for the dessert. Besides I was too full to eat another bite.Special Features:
- The Chom Chom Salad is soLoveToDineDined on 1/29/2013The Chom Chom Salad is so good and the ginger dressing that comes with it is amazing! Also, the portions are so generous!Special Features:
- Our favorite family birthday spotRittsmomVIPDined on 1/22/2013Chom Chom has become our children's favorite place to celebrate their birthdays. The staff is extremely friendly, the food is so delicious and the children love "cooking" their Bi Bim Bop in their stone bowls. I took advantage of the restaurant week menu and absolutely loved the miso cod. And you can't beat the location. Try Chom Chom, you won't be dissapointed.Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veLuvfoodDined on 1/22/2013This is the second time I've been here and its still very good. They gave you a lot of food for restaurant week. What I really liked about it was they served a salad that wasn't pre-dressed. Many restaurants serve salads dressed. Sometimes drowning in dressing and you get a wilted salad. This salad was great. The food was prepared exactly as we asked and tasted great. Service was also very good. The wait staff was attentive.Special Features:
- Great place for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/14/2012Great place for a business lunch or just a casual lunch with friends. Food is terrific, prices are very reasonable, and service is excellent. Love, love Chom-Chom!Special Features:
- We ordered Bibimbop and wereLove2EatGWDined on 12/13/2012We ordered Bibimbop and were surprised by the 4 small plates of delicious cold appetizers and a bowl of miso soup that came before it. All were tasty. The bibimbop came in a steaming hot stone bowl. Very tasty and reasonably priced. The waitress was patient and explained each food to us. A pleasant experience.Special Features:
- We had a lovely experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2012We had a lovely experience. Staff could not have been better. Food was excellent and just what we wanted.Special Features:
- the food was scrumptious -senoritaVIPDined on 10/23/2012the food was scrumptious - the portions ample - i would definitely plan on going back
- Solid Korean for NYC midtowncurmudgeonDined on 10/22/2012Solid Korean for NYC midtown at relatively moderate prices. Excellent bibimbap.Special Features:
- The food was disappointing.foodie236VIPDined on 10/16/2012The food was disappointing. Ordered an appetizer that was served with the entrees. Colleague got the lunch salmon box that is a bento box with a small assortment of items. I ordered a rice bowl that was boring. Had wanted to eat here for a long time. Glad I did and I know what I'm not missing.
- excellent quality and veryhungryVIPDined on 10/3/2012excellent quality and very fresh i would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Hbeen efe fourth times andNutmegerVIPDined on 8/23/2012Hbeen efe fourth times and each time service is good and food is excellentSpecial Features:
- I have been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2012I have been here many times and have never been disappointed. Food is delicious and the ambience is wonderful.Special Features:
- Kapas Kapas KapasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2012my wife and i went for dinner here on a saturday about 6p. we were greeted by a friendly, smiling waitress who agreed to give us a table in the corner. beer selection was not extensive, but adequate. however the idea of korean tapas, or 'kappas', was perfect for us. we love the different flavors of korean foods, and we were able to sample many of them. the radish kimchee was great, as was the bimbim bap roll. not a fancy upscale restaurant, but rather a comfortable, casual spot that is great for pre-theatre, pre-movie, pre-comedy club, or a fun date. not overly pricey either.