Chocolate Avenue Grill
114 W Chocolate Ave
Hershey, PA 17033Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chocolate Avenue Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://chocolateavenuegrill.com/
- Phone: 7178350888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Chocolate Avenue Grill
Locally owned and operated in downtown historic Hershey. We take pride in serving a variety of freshly prepared dishes including salads, wraps, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, seafood, risotto, pasta and more. Our cuisine consists of the finest ingredients paired with professional friendly staff and a clean slightly retro/modern, casual atmosphere, making it a great choice for any occasion. Our meals are prepared to order therefore we can accommodate special dietary needs. Seasonally our outdoor patio offers a great view of Hershey Park and Chocolate Avenue with the faint sounds of roller coaster enjoyment in the background.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Chocolate Avenue Grill - Best Restaurants in Hershey ›
Chocolate Avenue Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (27)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (11)good for groups (10)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great spot for a good lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Weather was perfect for outside get together. Food was delicious and service was good.Special Features:
- 2nd time not a charmOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/26/2014Poor service. Returned the salmon. Jess favorite salad is good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/20142nd time there it was good and not expensive would go back for third time next time I'm in hersheySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good foodShar1234Dined on 8/22/2014No complaints on the food...very very good. Will come back again for that. But worth noting that the staff was less than friendlly. Maybe our waitress, and the gentleman that seated us were having a bad day. Hopefully this will not be our experience next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!familyfoodieDined on 8/15/2014In a town where chocolate reigns supreme Chocolate Avenue Grill fits right in. Overall a great experience from menu options to the great service to the food! Entrees were refined and well priced (oh yea and they tasted great!!). While you will likely be full after appetizers and entrees, dessert is a nice way to end off the meal with a variety of chocolate and non-chocolate options. We split the Chocolate Avenue Brownie Sundae between three people and it was a perfect sweet ending to a great meal.Special Features:
- Lynne YatesHersheygirlDined on 8/7/2014Service was great, food was great only reason I didn't give it five stars is while sitting outside you are subject to possible train, truck noise. Otherwise, go!Special Features:
- Great food- good service!FunFoodieDined on 8/5/2014We visited Hershey for a couple of days and wanted a nice restaraunt that was unique to The city. The menu had a wide variety of options and price points. The service was a bit slow but our waitress was fantastic! I will certainly dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- questionabletjkdmkVIPDined on 8/1/2014upon entering, the host did not even make eye contact and acknowledge when I told him we had open table reservations......my burger was very blah.....seemed pre-cooked and I thought I was in a lower class Dennys or Eat n' Park........our waitress was upbeat and good.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/31/2014We looked forward to a return visit after exceptional experience earlier in the year. Most recent experience was not the same at all. Server was overwhelmed with large party and food came well under expectations. Steak had a significant taste almost like lighter fluid. I was a real disappointment. Not sure that we would care to return.Special Features:
- Chocolate Grill - eat hereRGinATLVIPDined on 7/25/2014We ate at The Chocolate Avenue Grill for my mom's 71st birthday. Our server was great, very friendly with good personality. Our food was somewhat slow to get to us; we we're told a big party had just gotten an order in before us. (It happens) The wine list was not great but adequate. The Almond Encrusted Flounder was delicious! (It was about $18. The reviewer that claimed this restaurant is expensive should go back to McDonald's) My mother enjoyed the lasagne. I'd recommend The Chocolate Avenue Grilll and plan to return someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not return, overratedTXtravelerDined on 7/19/2014Food was very pricey and not good. We had the "special" and tasted like it had been in a microwave. Expected a lot more from all the reviews. Maybe we just had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Great Place.franklynDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed our eating experience. Reason of choice because of rating on tripadvisor dot com. Want more reason, check there, they will give you all reasons as to why this restaurant rated 2 out of 61 in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate Ave. GrillchocorulesDined on 7/15/2014Great food and service. I would recommend stopping for lunch or dinner, it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodEBethJDDined on 7/11/2014Even though they were very busy, we never felt forgotten. The food was consistently good. The portions were generous without being overwhelming. We enjoyed our dinner and would go back.Special Features:
- NotluvingthischocolateDined on 7/2/2014The crab cakes, though mostly crab meat, were bland very little flavor. The lava cake had no lava, just a blob of fudge on top. And not served with ice cream.Special Features:
- Excellant location. Ample parkingElla27Dined on 7/2/2014The food was fantastic. We share the Noah Sandwich and a tasty salad. Plenty for both of us. We sat at a table by the windows by the parking lot. They were way to close together. You couldn't move. I got up to go to the restroom and had trouble getting by the person sitting next to me even though no one was at the next table. One less table in that section would be great.Special Features:
- Great food, weak drinksLeelona22Dined on 6/30/2014Food was yummy and reasonably priced, but the service was slow (we are used to New York City pace), and our drinks had very little alcohol. We will probably go somewhere else to eat in the future.Special Features:
- Food and service.milofinderbinderDined on 6/30/2014This was my first time there. There were 4 at our table. We felt there was too much lemon on the resoto. The rockfish was over seasoned as were the scallops. The service was good. The bathroom for the men was unable to deal with the crowd. The floor around the staff area was very slippery and probably needed washed better. The overall experience was fair. I also felt things were overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodabfinnDined on 6/28/2014We were looking for a non-chain restaurant to have dinner at. The food was very good, we will go back agin when in Hershey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!rvo84Dined on 6/18/2014My husband and I dine at the Chocolate Avenue Grill several times during the season that the patio is open. It never disappoints. The outdoor dining area has a great view of Hershey, and we love the ambiance of the patio. The food is always excellent, and the seasonal drink selections are fun. We definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress your guests with the bestjoy4foodDined on 6/10/2014This is my go-to place when I have company. The food is wonderful and the servers are the best. I am never disappointed. Just love it!Special Features:
- One of our favoritesFineDineCoupleDined on 5/27/2014My wife and I love this place. The service is good and the food is the best. The steak, the crab cakes, the chicken are so well prepared. The appetizers are good, the red wine sangria is sweet. We recommend this place to our friends all the timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteHersheyParkFamilyVIPDined on 5/23/2014A trip to Hershey would not be complete without a meal at the Chocolate Ave. Grill!Special Features:
- KathyVIPDined on 5/23/2014Very tasty food and service always top notch. Jess's salad a favorite. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!SuzyMarieDined on 5/22/2014This was my third visit to the Chocolate Avenue Grill in the past year. The food has been fresh and imaginatively prepared, and portions are generous. The service is attentive and the ambience is comfortable and friendly. I will continue to return with family and friends.Special Features:
- Awesome again!EBJ33Dined on 5/15/2014This restaurant has always been a fav of mine! Great salads and wonderful portion sizes. Thank you!Special Features:
- Must stopgitaway23Dined on 5/11/2014Service is great and the food is good; must stop if in HersheySpecial Features:
- Wonderful Mother's Day LunchDLJLDined on 5/11/2014Restaurant was very accommodating for my husband who is wheelchaired bound. Food was tasty with generous portions. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodhippoDined on 5/10/2014We got the scallops and they were large and absolutely delicious! Also, we love the chocolate beer and the chocolate salmon was delicious too! We are in Hershey after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Anytime!Gemini916Dined on 5/10/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Had a lovely lunch with mom Mother's Day Weekend. Portion size was just right.Special Features:
- The following 132 reviews are from the Chocolate Avenue Grill reviews archive.
- tasty!jjmacDined on 5/1/2014Great salads....nice place for dinner...in view of the roller coasterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful day for Patio diningHersheyburgDined on 5/1/2014Dined at Choc. Ave Grill for lunch on May 1st. There were four of us and we sat out on the patio. The seating even without the cushions was comfortable. The cushions were soaked from the rain storms earlier in the week. The service was good. We could have used drink refills but that was the only downside to our experience. The food was very delicious. I had the burger with bacon and balsamic carnelized onions. Two of the diners had the Pittsburgh Salad and there special requests were honored. It was a very large salad with lots of other veggies too. The fourth diner had the brisket sandwich, which was good too. The French fries were delicious and the portions were generous. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration Worthypackers1VIPDined on 4/30/2014The food is always excellent and the service top-notch, even though there was not an empty table in our section. The variety of food makes it ideal to bring young adults as there is something for every taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We loved it. Had a good table, great service and the food was enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Chocolate Avenue GrillKAS1Dined on 4/17/2014Great food and amazing service from out waitress Kristin. We always have dinner here when we visit the Hershey area. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceJoeCDined on 4/17/2014Good food. Excellent kid menu. Food a little pricey for the physical appearance of the place. Seems like the food which is very good with an interesting menu should be served in a place that is more refined. Make a reservation as it was very crowded when we arrivedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!ejcuevasDined on 4/14/2014Took my GF along w her parents and all of us were very satisfied w the food and ambiance. The server was amazing. I wish I could remember her name, but she was on top of everything without us having to wait significanty amounts of time. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- A true gem!MarkoDined on 4/12/2014This was our second visit and everything was absolutely amazing once again! An absolute must are the baby bucos for an appetizer. The lemon berry marscopone cake for dessert was so good! Plus you get a view of the roller coasters at Hershey, what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodNBOFDined on 4/10/2014My friend and I went to Chocolate Avenue Grill and were very happy with our food. It was delicious and expertly presented. The evening was quite enjoyable and they never made us feel that we were being rushed to make room for other diners. We both appreciated this as we were having a wonderful discussion. As well, they checked frequently to make sure we were still happy...just a great place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseCarlDined on 4/10/2014This was our first trip to Chocolate Avenue Grill. Even though it was Restaurant Week in Hershey and the place quickly filled, service was attentive. The food was tasty and imaginative. Portions were huge - much more than expected for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.