3515 NE 45th Street
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chloebistrot.com/
- Phone: 2062570286
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday to Thursday: 5:00pm -close, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - close, Sunday: 5:00pm - close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Laurent Gabrel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We rent out the restaurant for private parties.
A word from Chloé
Parisian chef Laurent Gabrel brings a little corner of the city of light to the heart of Laurelhurst. Celebrated for his success at Voilà! Bistrot, Gabrel’s new venture, Chloé, offers classic French bistrot food in an elegant, warmly-lit atmosphere. With an an emphasis on seafood and ingredients from local farms, Chloé Bistrot is quickly becoming a favorite among locals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Chloé reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (15)romantic (11)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Almost Paris in SeattleTable4fourVIPDined on 10/4/2014Chaque fois que nous allons à Seattle nous trouver le temps de prendre le dîner à Chloé. La nourriture est splendide, carte des vins très agréable et les prix sont raisonnables et le service est merveilleux (Jean toléré mon français tout au long de la soirée). Chloé a une séance de style européen mais pas très proche qui favorise la conversation avec d'autres convives. Super endroit pour un grand dîner loin de la foule touristique de Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014We ordered the escargot, mussels and grilled romaine - all excellent. We will be back. Thank you.Special Features:
- Restaurant was closedHaberdasherDined on 9/30/2014There's not much to review since the restaurant was closed for no apparent reason.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014This was the first visit to Chloe for my friend and I. It was Sat., Sept. 27, 2014. I wanted to try the classic dishes from the $25 menu; my friend ordered a la carte. Service was good at first but then the bistrot filled up and it was overly slow, especially for my dessert. The noise level became very high. We happened to be seated by a group of 6 people, which was definitely part of the problem. The food was very good although my hanger steak was a bit beyond the medium rare I'd ordered. My friend's mussels looked and tasted wonderful and she raved about her beet salad. My Bordeaux wine was a good value for $10. I liked the banquettes around one end of the restaurant. I would return, but probably during the week.Special Features:
- Great foodmkellerVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner with friends at Chloe. The waiter was friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. I had the French onion soup and the salmon and both were prepared perfectly. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet neighborhood gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed the quiet in this restaurant. We have experienced higher and higher noise levels in restaurants and dislike it. The french onion soup was excellent. My friend had the Seasonal mixed greens salad that was very good but the portion was too small. Both the Salmon and Snapper entrees were very good. The Crème Brûlée is enough for two and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials were specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The duck and the scallops were truly outstanding. The sauce on both were excellent. The creme Brule was covered with a perfectly carmelized crust. Great meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- Chloe scored for our dinner party!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014The prix fixe dinner options were delicious for our family gathering. We enjoyed the service, which was impeccable for our large group! Living in the neighborhood means returning again for a wond3erful evening!Special Features:
- aBocuseFanDined on 8/23/2014The food was wonderful and authentic French from the Paul Bocuse era; some attention to the ginger/curry/fusion generation, but not overpowering like many places. French Onion Soup, pate, Trout Almadine, and cold pea soup were all outstanding.Special Features:
- FantasticFoodistDined on 8/9/2014We've been to Chloe several times for special occasions. The food is always outstanding, and the service impeccable. If you like extremely well-prepared French bistro food, then you really need to go to Chloe.Special Features:
- Will come backFeedbackGiverDined on 7/25/2014Original preparation of the snails which are already out of their shells on a crusty piece off bread. Desserts like profiterolles are decadent. The entrees are very diverse with some hearty (Cassoulet) and light ones (scallops) to cater to every apetite. Prices are moderate which makes it worthwhile going once in a while to enjoy some good French food.Special Features:
- good food, quiet, enjoyablemmmmgoodDined on 7/22/2014delightful staff, great food, quiet enough to hear ourselves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurantHappydinerVIPDined on 7/15/2014This place is great. The food, the service, the location--all outstanding. Chloe is still "undiscovered". I always look forward to a meal here, and am always satisfied.Special Features:
- Merci JBDineinSeattleVIPDined on 7/12/2014Thanks to JB, Chloe is a well run establishment! Always a pleasure to come for great food in a great and quiet atmosphere. A little out of the way, but worth the extra mile.Special Features:
- The following 255 reviews are from the Chloé reviews archive.
- Always outstandingSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 6/19/2014We come here every six months or so - it's well out of our way, but worth a trip. The food is invariably wonderful, with excellent service as well. The food compares to bistros in Brussels or Paris or Montreal, but the prices are half those of European places - or of other French restaurants around town.Special Features:
- romantic dinningDrfretsDined on 5/23/2014the food is always excellent , the staff know what they are doing and they really aim to please .My Wife and I eat there for the fantastic food and for a romantic evening. It always hits the mark.Special Features:
- A gemgreenlakekathyDined on 5/9/2014Found this lovely place in an unlikely spot cruising down Sand Point Way. What a treat! Excellent food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening in FranceFoodie1Dined on 4/18/2014I love the food here and the ambience. The monkfish and risotto was delicious and elegant. Try the creme brulee! The location is perfect (between UW and the Children's Hospital) for a convenient business/recruitment dinner after work without fighting traffic to downtown or the Eastside. It was relatively quiet, so good for conversation and a relaxed dinner. Our waiter's French accent made us feel as if we had been transported to France for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chloe'sCinnamon68Dined on 4/16/2014Food was excellent. I had the flatiron steak. Fries good. Odd location looking out at 45th near Laurelhurst--main thoroughfare. Waiter tried too hard and seemed to be shooing us out. We were the last guests to leave. Ambience is quiet. Will go back and try other entrees. They had an excellent prix fixee, four different meals, for $25. Food is really the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Secret!DavidDined on 4/11/2014We love Chloe! The menu is diverse and exciting. Once you make your mind up the waiter then temps you with the specials and you will have to reconsider your choice. The food is served hot, which is rare in this day, the service is excellent, friendly but not bothersome. Many affordable choices and there is parking!!!! No stress here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingBobbakhDined on 4/8/2014Can't really say much more, but it was great. We went for Restaurant week, and both our meals were an event. Plenty to eat, delicious flavor, and savory. Our only draw back was a funny patron who sat next to us and does not understand setting a phone on silent, and insisted on answering the phone on speaker, and yelling into it. She would make a show of it, said hello loudly, the person would go into a monologue on the other end, and she would try to break in to the conversation on speaker, until she finally would say, I'm having dinner with a friend, I will call you back, and the other person would not know how to react, so she would continue a little longer and say goodbye, this happened 3 times. Hilarious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2014The restaurant is a pleasant surprise and exceeds expectation. A real neighborhood gem. Food is excellent from appetizer to dessert. . Service is good. The only draw back is they may not have all the wine on the list when you order by the glass. Everyone who loves food should try this place.Special Features:
- Experience at Chloe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2014This was my third visit to this restaurant. Last time one of the people with me sent her fish back as it wasn't good. Then the waiter charged us anyway. After it was brought to his attention he did take it off. However, the restaurant wasn't very busy and he should have been more on top of this detail. This time I had ravioli and it was tough and not very good. I can't believe the chef actually sent this out. it looked tired and not very good when it arrived at the table. I ate most of it as we were going to a dance performance and didn't want to wait for something else. There are just too many really good restaurants and this is not one of them.
- Fabulous evening!LaislanderDined on 3/29/2014So rare to find a restaurant where friends can enjoy a conversation AND be served very delicious food, with great style.Chloe is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencefrugaldinnerDined on 3/19/2014We went to Chloe for my husband's birthday. This was our first time there. The French Onion soup was by far the best we have had for a long time. We were pretty impressed with the taste of everything we tried and the prices are very reasonable especially the portions were pretty big.Special Features:
- Excellent special of the night!KrisinseattleDined on 2/12/2014We were so glad we took our server's recommendation and order the special of the evening, the Chilean Sea Bass. It was delicious and prepared perfectly. The beet salad was also delicious. The salmon on the menu was adequate, and we probably wouldn't order again. Felt a little bad for the restaurant at the low attendance, although we were there mid-week and on a rainy evening. Hard to produce wonderful, fresh, specials with so few customers...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet but good foodDaleRuthDined on 1/17/2014Really enjoyed being able to hear others at our table. Two had king salmon, fabulous. Other items equally good. Definitely satisfied and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Merry Christmas EveBirdDined on 12/24/2013They were short on staff Christmas Eve. Only one waiter for whole restaurant and a server who couldn't take orders.so it was a little slow. It was a little noisier than I was led to believe online. But the food was very good and waiter was very friendly and positive and French to boot! It's a quaint spot, but it was a little cold temperature wise so we needed our coats. Overall it was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French in LaurelhurstjjpickiestDined on 11/21/2013Four of us decided to take a chance on a new restaurant that all of us never tried. We looked at the menu and decided Chloe would fit all of our taste buds. Chloe has a French flair we even had a French speaking (accent) waiter which added to the ambiance. My picky husband raved about his choice of snapper; the other couple liked the ravioli and hanger steak; in turn my trout and salad was excellent. I usually don't eat a whole meal but this time the portion size was good so therefore I ate it all. I definitely would go back again. The only snafu was the heating was on the fritz. It was a little chilly. We all kept our coats on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2013Loved the food and the service was friendly. It's a great spin on French cuisine.Special Features:
- Great and inexpensive French foodSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 11/1/2013We've been here before, and have always had enjoyable meals. The other night was no exception. Great appetizers, strong main courses, and some excellent desserts. We wound up around $35/person including tax and tip, and including a couple of small carafes of house wine. One note - they add a 20% "gratuity" (nothing gracious about it!) and then didn't tell us, leaving room for me not to notice and add an additional 20% or so! (I did notice. And didn't like it.)Special Features:
- Great Menu & Food Prep & Service.BoatVIPDined on 10/29/2013Great Menu & Food Prep & Service. Good Value. Free Parking. Friendly & Accommodating. Nice Place. One of our Favorite Restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Neighborhood FindDinneronthetownDined on 10/26/2013We have been to Chloe time and time again - just the two of us and with friends. The food never disappoints and is not too fussy. The prices are great - especially with their 3 course option and carafe wine. We are constantly telling friends and especially neighbors how great this place is - we don't want to lose our gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful sunday eveninganneVIPDined on 10/20/2013We took a party of 6 to Chloe for a family event, the staff was very accommodating and helpful - great meal and wine suggestions. Sunday night the wines bottles were half price and we had an unusual French Rose. Favorite appetizers were the beet salad and mussels; main course favorites were the stroganoff and mushroom risotto. Very welcoming place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisedScottVIPDined on 10/17/2013We had listened to a friend several years ago telling us of the poor meal he had at Chloe - however we decided to check it out ourselves and had a delightful meal - SORRY we waited so long! Both the starters - carrot soup and endive salad were excellent - gnocci and salmon for our main dishes and topped it off with a chocolate mousse and caramel apple pie - all very good - we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was outstanding formOtandaboutDined on 10/5/2013The Food was outstanding form the Escargot and Pate Starters to the amazing desserts. The set 3-Course meal offerings on the menu provide great value and variety. The specials that evening included Lamb Chops and Veal and were especially good. Chloe has a very european flair to it and makes you feel like you are in Europe. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen staff overwhelmedJLDHVIPDined on 9/4/2013We went to dinner for our anniversary. The server and bus staff as well as the server being trained were all kind and very attentive. The kitchen staff on the other hand seemed very unprepared--not only to handle guests with reservations but also to accommodate those just coming in the door to eat. Our server had to come to me 3x with a change in the special: turbot to black cod, cod to trout--who only orders single portions for a special entree? Timing for the kitchen staff was also of issue. Our reservation was at 6:45. We were seated immediately. We had our cocktails and appetizer by 7. Salad by 715. No entree until 820. I'm sure we'll try Chloe again as the service was excellent but hope that they fix the kitchen issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Sunday night dinneriAMinAZONeloverDined on 8/4/2013My wife and I enjoyed a lovely meal together. We plan to return with friends. Plenty of gluten-free menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little French DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013A friend and I went to Chloe the other night for a spontaneous dinner out. It's a lovely little place right on 45th near Sand Point Way. My friend had the duck breast (his favorite) and said it delicious. I had the scallops, which were perfectly seared. His came with potatoes gratin and mine came with fennel risotto. We traded sides, but tasted both, which were also terrific. The service was very attentive and friendly. This is a great little neighborhood spot with a nice atmosphere and delicious food. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was all preparedearlydinerDined on 7/19/2013The food was all prepared to very particular and exact standards. The specials were lovely. The service was incredible and the prices were fair to each item, not overinflated as some resturants have the tendency to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.