Chinook Tavern - The 'Zermatt Room' Our Interactive Fondue and Raclette Experience
6380 S. Fiddlers Green Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
FonduePrice: $30 and under
Chinook Tavern - The 'Zermatt Room' Our Interactive Fondue and Raclette Experience
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chinookdenver.com/
- Phone: (720) 266-6000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Sunday: Beginning at 5:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Executive Chef: Markus Georg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining: Thanks to the Chinook Tavern's flexibility and charm, and its private dining rooms and patio space, guests will find the perfect setting for all conceivable events, from small business meetings to large corporate events, rehearsal dinners and weddings. For groups of 10 to 110 to 600, the Chinook Tavern can host your event with great aplomb and furnish anything you may need, from professional audio and visual equipment, to custom catering. Our facilities, professional event planner and staff will exceed your every expectation for any event we host.
- Private Party Contact: Linda 7202666000
- Cross Street: Fiddlers Green Circle
- Public Transit: RTD Light Rail - Arapahoe at Village Center Station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary covered parking in the attached garage. Park on any level and take the parking garage elevator to level C. Parking garage entrance is located on the north side of the building.
A word from Chinook Tavern - The 'Zermatt Room' Our Interactive Fondue and Raclette Experience
Raclette in the Zermatt Room Raclette is a fun, interactive dining experience that originated in Switzerland. You and your friends operate your own tabletop Raclette machine to grill your chosen bite size meats and vegetables while melting the Raclette cheese under the grill. After you cover your grilled morsels with the flavorful melted cheese, you finish them with one of our delicious hand-made dipping sauces. The combinations are endless and you will have a great time creating your own culinary Raclette masterpieces.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chinook Tavern - The 'Zermatt Room' Our Interactive Fondue and Raclette Experience reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great Find!!SilverSister02VIPDined on 10/29/2014Food terrific and very cool restaurant design and layout. Loved it. Will go back.Special Features:
- SueDVIPDined on 10/27/2014Raclette and fondue was fun and interesting but I wouldn't do it again. I think I'd stick to their regular menu. Great place!Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the Chinook Tavern - The 'Zermatt Room' Our Interactive Fondue and Raclette Experience reviews archive.
- Was closed when we arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/19/2014When we arrived for our reservation, the restaurant denied we had a reservation at all at first, and then we were told that the chef had closed the room for the day because the raclette cheese he ordered had gone off before it arrived. Which I certainly understand, but I wish the restaurant had told us before we drove all the way out there for nothing. We had a general impression of rather unwelcoming confusion. (I had to enter ratings to submit this, but as you can see, we didn't actually dine there.)
- Delicious and QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2014We went on Thurs night at 7pm and I thought it would be crowded. In fact the fondue room was empty. There were many others having regular meals. We had the room to ourselves. It was an enjoyable, pleasant evening. Food was good and the wine list was nice. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raclette at Restaurant WeekmirandaDined on 2/27/2014I came with three other people for Restaurant Week. We started with fondue for two, and then ordered raclette. The raclette was really fun to cook and the sausages, chicken and steak were great. Both came with all sorts of vegetables and potatoes and bread as well. We all decided we liked the fondue the best though and would be more likely to order that next time. We had two waitresses, and they were very attentive and helpful. Our water and wine glasses were always refilled. The waitresses also made sure the temperature on our fondue was right and gave detailed instructions on how to do the raclette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun and tasty cultural experienceAdventuringDTCDined on 2/13/2014We went on Thursday before Valentine's day and we had the room to ourselves. The room is closed off from the rest of the restaurant, so it feels very cozy. Despite that, we had great service, weren't forgotten. We skipped out on the fondue and went for the raclette. The raclette came with cheese (of course), mini dill pickles, sliced onions, thin mushrooms, asparagus, and two types of sausages. We also opted for some beef, which turned out to be one of the best parts of the meal, very tender and flavorful. All of the components were fresh. The asparagus was especially tender and sweet. I tend to prefer spicy sausages, so the mild ones here were not as exciting. All in all dinner was a fun, filling, and flavorful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!TrishWS13VIPDined on 12/24/2013Loved the plated dishes more than the Zermatt specialty raclette. The dishes were exquisite in appearance, preparation, & taste. The raclette was good, but would have preferred more classic sauces to go with it, such as Hollandaise or Mornay, instead of banana curry & dill, which didn't seem to fit. Shout out to the mushroom strudel & the carpaccio. My guess is that service is typically excellent because when there were two servers in the room, all was perfect. But one server was MIA for quite some time helping out in the main room, at which point there were looong waits for service. The interior of Chinook/Zermatt is beautiful & comfortable. Next time we will try the food served in the main room & the apple strudel.Special Features:
- Great fondue experienceSarnoldVIPDined on 12/12/2013Way better then melting pot. Food was great, service was excellent and prices were pretty reasonable. Would like to try out there regular restaurant next time.Special Features:
- FunfoodmeupscottieDined on 11/23/2013We have been here a couple times and really enjoy it. It's a room within the bigger restaurant and no one is ever in there. Did the raclette, way better than fondue. The staff even recommend it over their fondue. The menu has changed slightly each time and hasn't been bad yet. Will conitinue to recommend until they screw something up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/24/2013Not thrilled with our visit. We were heading to a concert and had good experiences here before, so we thought we'd try again. Our server was a little preoccupied and we felt that her heart wasn't in it that day. The food was good, but the wait was long and the service didn't impress us.
- Different, but Not FantasticJenEWFVIPDined on 9/13/2013Tried the raclette experience and it was OK. The temperature in the room seemed wrong the entire night (not well-regulated) and the music was too loud and obnoxious (unless the idea was to try to chase patrons away; some of the music seemed to be chosen for that purpose). The melted cheese experience is different and I might go back and do it again in several years, but it wasn't good enough to go back frequently. Service was OK to good, but the hostess doing the seating seemed to not know what was available, so the front of the house needs to improve.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Raclette diningtracynVIPDined on 3/23/2013I love the entire raclette experience. We dined early so we had the entire room to ourselves. Portions are very generous and delicious. The dipping sauces that they serve are really delicious. The only drawback is the cords for the raclette and fondue appliances are dangerously positioned under the table, and if you weren't paying attention could cause some serious damage.Special Features:
- It was a strange experienceGrampyJoeDined on 1/3/2013It was a strange experience - there were no other customers in the Zermatt Room, a large enclosed space in an otherwise busy restaurant. The table was set up for cheese fondue and raclette. We we served well and efficiently, but it was a lonely experience. The cheese fondue was excellent. The selection of bread, apples and other foods for dipping was good. At the advice of the waiter we added beef to the experience, but it really isn't necessary unless you are really hungry or insist on beef with the meal. Not gemutlich, but a modern take on what usually is a homey event. Our advice: take your own crowd.
- Horrible--lost a regular!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2012So disappointing! We have held several special occasions at Chinook but this one soured us on ever coming back. It was Christmas eve & our server was horrible.She didn't take time to explain the portions and we thought we were ordered one of each of the Zermatt & fondue (three people) & she charged us for 3 of each. Our jaw almost dropped when we got the bill. To make things worse, we called a couple of days later to complain & the Manager on duty said he would call us back & offered to send some type of gift certificate as compensation. We never heard from anyone again.I really felt like the server took advantage of us for the sake of a BIG tip on Christmas Eve. She certainly would know that 3 people can't eat 6 orders. shame on Chinook!
- We did nor get in the ZermattOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/19/2012We did nor get in the Zermatt room as there was a private party scheduled there. We ate in the main dining room and our waiter, Logan, was great!
- EPIC FAILOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Where to begin.....Since I'm limited for space I will say this: 1) Poor service and even poorer management. 30 minutes for appetizers because of service staff miscues and no attempt to offer us anything to compensate for same; 2) No use of built in fondue warmers...meats were cold, fondue was gelatinous- why are they on the table? 3) Poor attentiveness in private room. You can't signal your server if they're not there! The "Signature House Dessert" (Berry Compote and Creme Anglais looked lovely in a trifle glass on the tray but was served in a bowl like soup. EPIC FAIL. Don't waste your money
- Fantastic Fun for a FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2012The experience was worth writing a review. We found this to be a gem. Fondue was good, but we truly enjoyed the Raclette tradition of cooking. We also looked over the regular dining menu and found great choices for a quicker dinner option. Loved the Zermatt Room, much more lively environment than the traditional dark fondue rooms. Thanks Yth for a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Good food, wish service was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2012I really liked the food and the ambiance was ok but the service just wasn't quite there. Our server seemed like she had way too much on her plate and for the first half an hour of our visit we were just waiting for our server. Once she was able to attend to us she was very nice and helpful and the food was very good, but I don't think I would go out of my way to go here again. They put us in a cold almost empty room, the manager (or whoever was in charge that night) was not very welcoming, so for the first half an hour is sort of felt like we were forgotten.
- We are big fans of the fondueML15VIPDined on 9/20/2012We are big fans of the fondue so wondered if we would enjoy it. It was awesome! You can tell the quality of the ingredients is much better and the flavor and consistency both were just right.
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Great food for our anniversary. The jaegerschnitzel was wonderful. Everything they did added to a great evening.Special Features:
- Avoid Zermatt RoommsfunnybonesVIPDined on 7/27/2012We first visited Chinook Tavern years ago when they were in Cherry Creek and we really liked it a lot. We decided to try their fondue room, since they've moved to Greenwood Village. Major disappointment on so many levels. We were the only ones in the Zermatt Room. It was cheaply decorated, smelled like burnt oil in the room, and the service was not good. There's not enough room here to list all the things wrong with the service, but I'll say the one good thing was the new girl, Emma that was training. It was her 3rd night working there and she was already TONS better than our main waiter. The Amsterdam fondue was pretty good, although some of the vegetables were cut too small to get on the fork. The dessert was over-torched/burnt, etc.
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2012We have eaten at Chinook Tavern dozens of times over the past 14 years. Last year was terrific. This year the food was was greasy and the wienerschnitzel seemed like it was cooked in 3 day old oil. The sever was not well trained and we certainly do not expect 'training on the job' at the expense of the customer. I do not think I will be back.
- I was a little worried becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/7/2012I was a little worried because I had read some reviews for this place that complained about poor service. My experience was that it was some of the best service I have had in a while. Granted we got there pretty early, and started out the only table in the room. But watching the waiter as the room started to fill up, he seemed very competent and was very knowledgeable, fun, and helpful. Food was excellent too, and the "racklette" cooking method was a fun. Consider adding an extra meat though. We ordered just the standard racklette menu. I'm a pretty big eater and though I didn't walk away hungry, I did kind of want more.Special Features:
- food was great- we had aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2012food was great- we had a reservation for the Zermatt room which is the "fondue" room but decided against fondue and they graciosly moved us to a table in the larger restaurant-Special Features:
- InterestingfoodmeupscottieDined on 3/17/2012Interesting experience. Had the Raclette, kind of a backwards Fondue. Very good. I was impressed with the size of the entire restaurant, the Zermatt Room is quite small, but the rest of the place was a look bigger than I expected. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/10/2012We went there for our anniversary, looking for a nice, romantic fondue dinner. Instead we got seated under a big screen TV (no, moving seats wouldn't have helped, as the room was set up so everyone could watch/see it). Took awhile for anyone to come back to get our drink order, and by then we were ready to order apps, which they didn't ask about until much...later... Refills took awhile, plates were left on the table (apparently it was not the waiter's job, just the well-meaning but apparently overwhelmed busboy). Food was good, no complaints there. But the service and the TV really took away from the rest of the evening. If you want a different dining experience, I'd recommend the raclette experience (which is different than fondue).
- Zermatt ~ what fun!LewieDined on 2/17/2012We did the raclete and fondue experience in the Zermatt Room. The restaurant is beautiful! Can't wait till spring to be on the patio. The owner's art adorns the walls and is bright and cheery as well as appealing. The dinner was excellent. It took us awhile to order but once we figured it out it was just right and lots of fun! Everyone had plenty to eat. There was some left over and no one had that 'stuffed' feeling. While the cheese is very rich, it is very tasty. Over all a great time!Special Features:
- Delightful!!!From beginninglbandbrVIPDined on 2/11/2012Delightful!!!From beginning to end, everything was outstanding! We can"t wait to go back!Special Features: