Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center
6380 S. Fiddlers Green Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chinookdenver.com/
- Phone: 7202666000
- Hours of Operation:
Coffee Bar at 7:00am Monday - Friday
Lunch at 11:00am Monday - Friday
Happy Hour 3:30pm - 6:30pm Monday - Friday
Dinner 5:00pm to Close Monday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Markus Georg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private Dining:
Thanks to the Chinook Tavern’s flexibility and charm, and its private dining rooms and patio space, guests will find the perfect setting for all conceivable events, from small business meetings to large corporate events, rehearsal dinners and weddings. For groups of 10 to 110 to 600, the Chinook Tavern can host your event with great aplomb and furnish anything you may need, from professional audio and visual equipment, to custom catering. Our facilities, professional event planner and staff will exceed your every expectation for any event we host.
- Cross Street: Fiddlers Green Circle
- Public Transit: RTD Light Rail - Arapahoe at Village Center Station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary covered parking in the attached garage. Park on any level and take the parking garage elevator to level C. Parking garage entrance is located on the north side of the building.
A word from Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center
Feel the warm breeze of the new Chinook Tavern, where no detail for your dining pleasure and comfort has been overlooked. Enjoy the signature European cuisine including long-time favorites and exciting new creations prepared by Executive Chef Markus Georg and his team. For the ideal compliment before or after dinner, relax and soak up the friendly atmosphere in our spectacular bar. Thanks to the Chinook’s flexibility and charm, and it's dining rooms, bar and patio space, guests will find the perfect setting for all conceivable events, from intimate dinners and happy hours, to corporate events, business meetings, rehearsal dinners and cozy weddings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (18)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Keeps going down hill...........OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014We arrived to the restaurant at 8 pm with a group of 6 people. Even though we were in the middle of restaurant week, there were quiet a few empty tables, and it was a Friday. After being seated it took about 20 minutes just to get water and see our waitress. We explained that we were in a rush, the appetizers arrived quick, we asked for the 2nd course to be brought out right away, and were told the kitchen was too busy. When we did get those entrees, they were overcooked and completely cold, which is funny because they were taking so long to cook. The mix drink orders were messed up, each taking as much as 15 minutes to be corrected. The manager came by and offered no apology. Long story short, we will not go back, used to be a fan.
- Great meal and service!VivaGDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful experience during an extremely busy evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Our night was fantastic. We were very well taken care of--had one person glutton, lactose, sugar--onion, garlic intolerant. They made special effort to make the situation very good. It was the first time she had been out to eat for almost two years and ended very happy!Special Features:
- fast and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Very convenient to catch early dinner before concert. Our server was outgoing and very knowledgable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing 1st VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Chinook had been on my list for some time and we finally made it over prior to an event at Fiddler's. Unfortunately, our first experience was not very good and I'm not feeling very motivated to return. We sat in the dining area (so, not at the bar or outside). The service was fairly slow, which wasn't really that big of a deal. However, the $11 martini served in a plastic glass was! Also, the $10 bourbon on the rocks served in a plastic solo cup was a problem. Really? In an otherwise nice dining room?? In addition, we ordered the "crispy" calamari, which turned out to be anything but crispy.... cold and unimpressive. We could have easily had "bar quality" food at any sports bar and saved quite a few dollars.
- Perfect for an evening mealColoradovisitorDined on 8/28/2014Our group of 10 dined at Chinook Tavern this past week, including 7 who had never been there before. All agreed that the food was delicious, the service we received was outstanding, and the atmosphere is inviting and friendly....we love the modern wood interior and the cheerful, colorful paintings and other wall art that grace this place! Chinook was our restaurant of choice for the August Denver Restaurant Week, but we definitely highly recommend it for dining on any evening of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitagreatniteDined on 8/27/2014Went here for the first time for restaurant week and from the minute I arrived I was greeted and was taken to our table. Everyone who worked there was friendly, always smiled. The food was fantastic. The wine was reasonably priced. You can tell they take a lot of pride in getting things right at this restaurant and I will definately come back! As a side note however, HOW in the world do you expect a brand new employee on his first night to know everything THAT evening? Reprimanding him in front of other guests about a crumb on a chair, the exact placement of silverwear and how far a chair should be placed from the table, in front of others and 3 people constantly calling him back to the table, was ridiculous.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014The service, particularly by our waitress was so enjoyable. The food was fresh, cooked just the right amount and amazingly flavorful. We were able to have a wonderful time of conversing with our friends who joined us, making the evening a truly memorable experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food but...rvsykesDined on 8/23/2014We visited during restaurant week so that may have impacted our experience. The food was excellent, however our entrees were served before the appetizers. Our server said she would see what could be done to make it up to us but in the end nothing was done. No discounts, no offer to come back another time or anything. In addition, there was a wedding reception being held so it was very noisy and a lot of traffic running through the dining area. Other patrons were complaining about being seated so close to the reception because of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014It was crazy expensive for what it was. Quinoa and a few little verges for $20.00. Come on
- Wonderful food and servicetweedeeDined on 8/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Chinook Tavern. The only reason why the noise level is rated "Energetic" was because of our proximity to the bar (and it was a concert night at Fiddler's Green).Special Features:
- Was not impressedRoxanneDined on 8/9/2014Came with kids and they wouldn't let us order off the bar menu for the kidsSpecial Features:
- Great pre-concert dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014Conveniently located near Fiddler's Green; we planned for dinner 75 mins before the show, arrived 15 mins late due to traffic, they still greeted us graciously and seated us immediately. Service was good, friendly, and a tad slow. We were still able to get through our meal without rushing, and walk to Fiddler's by start time - but I'd try for 75 mins again, not 60! Food was good; we started with the wild mushroom strudel, rich mushroom flavor, flaky pastry shell and a mildly sweet madeira sauce. Our entree was pizza, with mushrooms, soppressata on one side, on a tasty thin crust; we prefer cracker-like crisp on our thin crusts, this was soft and chewy - but still quite good. Their by-the-glass wine list was short but solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The food was wonderful and I'll definitely go back. It's nice to have a little different option in this part of town and not be stuck with the same restaurants over and over. The restaurant was busy but not crowded. The wait staff was attentive and prompt.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceEricVIPDined on 7/31/2014Chinook stands out as an excellent option for foodies in the southern Denver Metro area that is mostly served by a mix of mediocre chains. The food is interesting and cooked properly. The service is spot on and friendly. I'd recommend Chinook for both for large groups or intimate dinners with a date. The bar area is also a nice option, but can be very lively when there's a business gathering, live taping of a sports show or band performing.Special Features:
- ServicehappytogooutDined on 7/31/2014I love the food here, but each time we've been, the service has not been great. That's where I'd like to see improvement. The staff is nice, but it is very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meetmeDined on 7/30/2014Dining experience ratings is the review. Menu is a bit pricey but they all are these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!mpstaderDined on 7/29/2014We went to Chinook Tavern with friends and it was all our first time. What a great experience from the service to the food. We will definitely be back!!!! We had the Escargot for the app- delicious, Schnitzel and Hungarian Goulash was prepared to perfection and great German beer on tap. I had a martini called the Pink Blossom- a must if you like fresh not so sweet martini's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeverlyDined on 7/26/2014I have had many nice meals at Chinook Tavern, it was one of my favorite resteraunts. That will no longer be the case and I can not recommend this restaurant any longer. My husband had a large piece of plastic in the salad that he had to pull out of his throat when it was not seen in the salad. This was sent back to the owner and manager. Although they did not charge for the salad, the manager's comment was that it "was just a piece of plastic" was inappropriate. Glad to provide you pictures but do not see place for that in your reviews. Wanted to share the pictures with the rest of the folks in the restaurant but did not at familys request. Will be providing to health department.
- Excellent FinddebjorestDined on 7/19/2014Used to go to Chinook in Cherry Creek until they closed. Had no idea they opened another one in my neighborhood. I liked the food and ambiance better then Cherry Creek. Easy covered parking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014food is great, service excellent, atmosphere pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKDine2pleaseVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great for beer and pretzels, but that's about it. Food just so-so and pretty pricey. Half our table was served their food about ten minutes before the other half! Patio entertainment was very good!
- Concert DinnerDanoDined on 7/16/2014The food was amazingly tasty, we tried the Shrimp Cakes and were surprised at how great the flavors were. Enjoyed some fantastic wines and cocktails, things could not have been better as the ambience and service complemented the great food and beverages...we will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Service was slow: Food was okay; It should have been betterSpecial Features:
- Business lunchServersopinionDined on 7/10/2014Our server had too many tables. She also filled sodas with a decanter into watered down glasses. And generally took a very long time to meet our needs. The chinook blt came out with no bacon and the lobster Mac n cheese had very little lobster for the price. Both dishes were great in spite of it. The rest of the party enjoyed there meals. Overall I would recommend chinook again but they just need to tighten up on a few things with training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimeFoodieCubsDined on 6/21/2014Good Appitizers, Great Deserts. Main Dishes seemed a bit over priced for what you got. Overall a good (not great) experience. We definatey will try the pub / pub menu again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BE RIGHT WITH YOU... TO INFINITYeatoutalotVIPDined on 6/18/2014Not sure what to say...we've eaten here several times and the service is so spotty that we may have given up. On this visit, the waitress kept "stopping by" to say "be right with you" but " be right with us" never really came. She acted like she was doing us a favor keeping us updated...for six or seven times? How about one of those times you are "updating us" you actually stop for a mere 30 seconds and take a drink order or appetizer order or dinner order...and then BRING IT back with you on one of those return trips to "updated us" So bizarre. We were tempted to say when we finally got to order..."I'm so sorry, we are busy at the moment...be right with you" just to see her reaction...but we didn't for fear she might NEVER return.
- TastyFatDaddyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Halibut crusted with wasabi peas ?? GRAND SLAM! I can't stop ordering it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, UnderstaffedDTCEmployeeDined on 6/11/2014I visited with a group of collegues after work for a drink and a small dinner. I thought the drink prices were priced fairly, but the food prices were astronomical. If the waitstaff had been more attentive, I could understand higher food prices, but ultimately I found them both to be unreasonable.
- GreatQuickdrawDined on 6/9/2014A great place to celebrate and enjoy the greatest of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your not so ordinary German foodNewmexicanDined on 5/31/2014Great place that shows German food from its gourmet side. Great ambience, friendly people and very special food. We were there during "White Asparagus Season". They had a special menu the used asparagus freshly imported from Germany. It was just as good as i remembered from my life in Germany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't lingerkis4koriVIPDined on 5/28/2014if You a're looking for a place to spend a few hours and have a few glasses of wine this is not the place doesn't matter if you're there for 3 hours and 30 minutes....their limit. ..5 cocktails. ..and you are cut off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoyablejimbobDined on 5/27/2014The evening and the meal is always enjoyable. The selections should satisfy everyone and the german cooking is excellent. Nice presentation and excellent quality along with attentive but not overbearing service. Would always recommend Chinook Tavern for a special or just different meal from the ordinary cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- howleyDined on 5/27/2014My husband passed away last year and the 27th was his birthday. My children and I wanted to celebrate his birthday in a special way. Chinook Tavern did a great job in allowing us to do that. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014The Chinook Tavern offers a consistently excellent menu! The entrees are all terrific and they maintain some items on their regular menu that we can't typically find elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great food but very slow servicefoodieatheartDined on 5/24/2014We had an excellent meal. Very high quality and original food. They were short staffed the evening we were there. Our waitress was lovely, but no amount of loveliness could make up for the amount of time it took to get our meals and then our desserts. We were there for nearly 3 hours with a party of 4 adults (2 of which were 80 years old) and 2 tweens. The waitress explained several times that they were short staffed and that she was sorry. You could tell she was uncomfortable about the service herself. They should have offered us something to come back, even if it was just a free appetizer or dessert. I would consider giving them a second chance, but if the service is not better the next time they will get taken off of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why we keep returning to Chinook...Onlythebest4meVIPDined on 5/24/2014The staff and ownership has become like family. We are greatest and treated warmly, and our culinary caprices respected. The food never disappoints. We leave happy and fulfilled on many levels .py zthrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still going strongDeboraDined on 5/21/2014Chinook continues to be a favorite of mine and I love introducing it to new people. The service, the consistently great food, the ambience and the owners do a great job in making you feel welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Expensive DrinkstksmithDined on 5/20/2014Our server was overly attentive when it came to our order. However, failing to mention that "up" vs "on the rocks" was 4.00 more and the fact that an Appletini was 14.00 was a little much. I know anything at the Tech Center area folks rarely even think about prices because they are doing business entertainment dinners... However when splitting a bill it becomes obvious. When challenged about the Appletini -- the server said that "on the rocks" would have been less.... Ummmm - who has seen a martini glass with ice served? Everyone knows the ice is in the shaker and never served.Special Features:
- Great Date SpotLooking4goodFoodDined on 5/17/2014I treated my husband to dinner here on a recommendation of a client. The food, service and ambiance was great. We especially loved that it was not too loud and could have a nice conversation. We will definitely return on special occasions/dates.Special Features: