Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center
6380 S. Fiddlers Green Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chinookdenver.com/
- Phone: 7202666000
- Hours of Operation:
Coffee Bar at 7:00am Monday - Friday
Lunch at 11:00am Monday - Friday
Happy Hour 3:30pm - 6:30pm Monday - Friday
Dinner 5:00pm to Close Monday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Markus Georg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private Dining:
Thanks to the Chinook Tavern’s flexibility and charm, and its private dining rooms and patio space, guests will find the perfect setting for all conceivable events, from small business meetings to large corporate events, rehearsal dinners and weddings. For groups of 10 to 110 to 600, the Chinook Tavern can host your event with great aplomb and furnish anything you may need, from professional audio and visual equipment, to custom catering. Our facilities, professional event planner and staff will exceed your every expectation for any event we host.
- Cross Street: Fiddlers Green Circle
- Public Transit: RTD Light Rail - Arapahoe at Village Center Station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary covered parking in the attached garage. Park on any level and take the parking garage elevator to level C. Parking garage entrance is located on the north side of the building.
A word from Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center
Feel the warm breeze of the new Chinook Tavern, where no detail for your dining pleasure and comfort has been overlooked. Enjoy the signature European cuisine including long-time favorites and exciting new creations prepared by Executive Chef Markus Georg and his team. For the ideal compliment before or after dinner, relax and soak up the friendly atmosphere in our spectacular bar. Thanks to the Chinook’s flexibility and charm, and it's dining rooms, bar and patio space, guests will find the perfect setting for all conceivable events, from intimate dinners and happy hours, to corporate events, business meetings, rehearsal dinners and cozy weddings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)special occasion (40)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Awesome Food, Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Phenomenal food and drink! Prices were slightly higher than other local restaurants (sans Del Friscos) but the food exceeded expectations. The beer on tap cannot be beat! The service was slow and our server was a bit absent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingStromboliVIPDined on 10/11/2014What more can be said? Service, atmosphere, beer/wine list, and especially the food, were all outstanding.Special Features:
- ExcellentCarolynDined on 10/7/2014Food was excellent. Good variety and excellent wine parings. Good place to do business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just OK and expensiveMichaellVIPDined on 10/4/2014I've been to this restaurant many times, and it never really impresses me. This time the salad was great, but the NY strip steak was just OK, and the sauce was commercial, uninspiring, and salty.
- VN13VN13Dined on 10/3/2014The food was fabulous. Our party ordered schnitzel, lamb shank, and calve's liver and they were all done to perfection. We had one server, Brad, who was particularly helpful and efficient. We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Decent fooddarenm91VIPDined on 10/3/2014But over priced for what you get. Service was great and all staff were fun to talk to but for the price you pay, it is not worth it. Don't get me wrong, I did like the food but I didn't love it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014We dine at Chinook for dinner at least 6 times a year. We especially enjoy their special Bavarian/German dining events. The service is always friendly. However, this time, there was no special event, the restaurant was not crowded, yet we were served at a snail's pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestGoodEatsDined on 9/20/2014As my third visit to Chinook, I was really excited to share this restaurant with my husband and thought it would be a great treat for his birthday. Unfortunately, it was highly disappointing and it's unlikely I'll ever convince him to give it another try. His appetizer, homemade pretzel, was at best comparable to day old, stale bread and he ended up sending it back after two bites. My entre, rotisserie chicken, was cool upon arrival and the side of French fries were cold and mushy as if they had been left over from lunch. His entre, pork tenderloin, was dry and required an extra side if gravy. Both entres lacked seasoning and just landed flat. Needless to say, we won't be going back again and will suggest alternate restaurants if asked.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014This was my third visit. The first two were good. Four of us met for dinner. We were seated at a table and were not acknowledged for almost ten minutes. A man gave us water. My husband requested menus and asked if someone could please come take our drink order. Several more minutes passed and a server came over in a rush and said that most servers were busy outside taking care of a large party. We ordered drinks. Our drinks finally arrived by a different server. He said sorry for the delay but most servers were taking care of a large party outside. We considered leaving since it seemed that the party outside was more important than us. Other guests looked frustrated as well. Stayed but disappointed overall.
- oktoberfest at it's finestpeatDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant always has a super menu. Oktoberfest's fare was no different plus their was music and dancing at your pleasure. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- DinnerTaroosDined on 9/17/2014The food was great. Service was fantastic. A great place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surgsailDined on 9/17/2014I had the liver, and was disappointed. It was overcooked and dry. The appetizers were excellent, as were the desserts. In general, I found the prices very high for what was offered. The parking was ample and a treat. The electronic reservation system worked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy and professionalJohnindenverVIPDined on 9/6/2014The staff was just finishing serving a large crowd headed for an outdoor concert across the street. They handled the transition to a more normal evening business very professionally and promptly. The kitchen produced its usual great food well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GarlicLoverDined on 9/4/2014Took group of work associates. We were promptly seated. Waitperson was attentive and helpful in terms of making suggestions based on individual likes/dislikes. Food was excellent. Would recommend for good business meeting location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps going down hill...........kgbdenverVIPDined on 8/29/2014We arrived to the restaurant at 8 pm with a group of 6 people. Even though we were in the middle of restaurant week, there were quiet a few empty tables, and it was a Friday. After being seated it took about 20 minutes just to get water and see our waitress. We explained that we were in a rush, the appetizers arrived quick, we asked for the 2nd course to be brought out right away, and were told the kitchen was too busy. When we did get those entrees, they were overcooked and completely cold, which is funny because they were taking so long to cook. The mix drink orders were messed up, each taking as much as 15 minutes to be corrected. The manager came by and offered no apology. Long story short, we will not go back, used to be a fan.
- Great meal and service!VivaGDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful experience during an extremely busy evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LorriDined on 8/29/2014Our night was fantastic. We were very well taken care of--had one person glutton, lactose, sugar--onion, garlic intolerant. They made special effort to make the situation very good. It was the first time she had been out to eat for almost two years and ended very happy!Special Features:
- fast and friendlycountryfanDined on 8/29/2014Very convenient to catch early dinner before concert. Our server was outgoing and very knowledgable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing 1st VisitgoldfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Chinook had been on my list for some time and we finally made it over prior to an event at Fiddler's. Unfortunately, our first experience was not very good and I'm not feeling very motivated to return. We sat in the dining area (so, not at the bar or outside). The service was fairly slow, which wasn't really that big of a deal. However, the $11 martini served in a plastic glass was! Also, the $10 bourbon on the rocks served in a plastic solo cup was a problem. Really? In an otherwise nice dining room?? In addition, we ordered the "crispy" calamari, which turned out to be anything but crispy.... cold and unimpressive. We could have easily had "bar quality" food at any sports bar and saved quite a few dollars.
- Perfect for an evening mealColoradovisitorDined on 8/28/2014Our group of 10 dined at Chinook Tavern this past week, including 7 who had never been there before. All agreed that the food was delicious, the service we received was outstanding, and the atmosphere is inviting and friendly....we love the modern wood interior and the cheerful, colorful paintings and other wall art that grace this place! Chinook was our restaurant of choice for the August Denver Restaurant Week, but we definitely highly recommend it for dining on any evening of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitagreatniteDined on 8/27/2014Went here for the first time for restaurant week and from the minute I arrived I was greeted and was taken to our table. Everyone who worked there was friendly, always smiled. The food was fantastic. The wine was reasonably priced. You can tell they take a lot of pride in getting things right at this restaurant and I will definately come back! As a side note however, HOW in the world do you expect a brand new employee on his first night to know everything THAT evening? Reprimanding him in front of other guests about a crumb on a chair, the exact placement of silverwear and how far a chair should be placed from the table, in front of others and 3 people constantly calling him back to the table, was ridiculous.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014The service, particularly by our waitress was so enjoyable. The food was fresh, cooked just the right amount and amazingly flavorful. We were able to have a wonderful time of conversing with our friends who joined us, making the evening a truly memorable experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food but...rvsykesDined on 8/23/2014We visited during restaurant week so that may have impacted our experience. The food was excellent, however our entrees were served before the appetizers. Our server said she would see what could be done to make it up to us but in the end nothing was done. No discounts, no offer to come back another time or anything. In addition, there was a wedding reception being held so it was very noisy and a lot of traffic running through the dining area. Other patrons were complaining about being seated so close to the reception because of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014It was crazy expensive for what it was. Quinoa and a few little verges for $20.00. Come on
- Wonderful food and servicetweedeeDined on 8/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Chinook Tavern. The only reason why the noise level is rated "Energetic" was because of our proximity to the bar (and it was a concert night at Fiddler's Green).Special Features:
- Was not impressedRoxanneDined on 8/9/2014Came with kids and they wouldn't let us order off the bar menu for the kidsSpecial Features:
- Great pre-concert dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014Conveniently located near Fiddler's Green; we planned for dinner 75 mins before the show, arrived 15 mins late due to traffic, they still greeted us graciously and seated us immediately. Service was good, friendly, and a tad slow. We were still able to get through our meal without rushing, and walk to Fiddler's by start time - but I'd try for 75 mins again, not 60! Food was good; we started with the wild mushroom strudel, rich mushroom flavor, flaky pastry shell and a mildly sweet madeira sauce. Our entree was pizza, with mushrooms, soppressata on one side, on a tasty thin crust; we prefer cracker-like crisp on our thin crusts, this was soft and chewy - but still quite good. Their by-the-glass wine list was short but solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The food was wonderful and I'll definitely go back. It's nice to have a little different option in this part of town and not be stuck with the same restaurants over and over. The restaurant was busy but not crowded. The wait staff was attentive and prompt.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceEricVIPDined on 7/31/2014Chinook stands out as an excellent option for foodies in the southern Denver Metro area that is mostly served by a mix of mediocre chains. The food is interesting and cooked properly. The service is spot on and friendly. I'd recommend Chinook for both for large groups or intimate dinners with a date. The bar area is also a nice option, but can be very lively when there's a business gathering, live taping of a sports show or band performing.Special Features:
- ServicehappytogooutDined on 7/31/2014I love the food here, but each time we've been, the service has not been great. That's where I'd like to see improvement. The staff is nice, but it is very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meetmeDined on 7/30/2014Dining experience ratings is the review. Menu is a bit pricey but they all are these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!mpstaderDined on 7/29/2014We went to Chinook Tavern with friends and it was all our first time. What a great experience from the service to the food. We will definitely be back!!!! We had the Escargot for the app- delicious, Schnitzel and Hungarian Goulash was prepared to perfection and great German beer on tap. I had a martini called the Pink Blossom- a must if you like fresh not so sweet martini's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeverlyDined on 7/26/2014I have had many nice meals at Chinook Tavern, it was one of my favorite resteraunts. That will no longer be the case and I can not recommend this restaurant any longer. My husband had a large piece of plastic in the salad that he had to pull out of his throat when it was not seen in the salad. This was sent back to the owner and manager. Although they did not charge for the salad, the manager's comment was that it "was just a piece of plastic" was inappropriate. Glad to provide you pictures but do not see place for that in your reviews. Wanted to share the pictures with the rest of the folks in the restaurant but did not at familys request. Will be providing to health department.
- Excellent FinddebjorestDined on 7/19/2014Used to go to Chinook in Cherry Creek until they closed. Had no idea they opened another one in my neighborhood. I liked the food and ambiance better then Cherry Creek. Easy covered parking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014food is great, service excellent, atmosphere pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKDine2pleaseVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great for beer and pretzels, but that's about it. Food just so-so and pretty pricey. Half our table was served their food about ten minutes before the other half! Patio entertainment was very good!
- Concert DinnerDanoDined on 7/16/2014The food was amazingly tasty, we tried the Shrimp Cakes and were surprised at how great the flavors were. Enjoyed some fantastic wines and cocktails, things could not have been better as the ambience and service complemented the great food and beverages...we will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Service was slow: Food was okay; It should have been betterSpecial Features:
- Business lunchServersopinionDined on 7/10/2014Our server had too many tables. She also filled sodas with a decanter into watered down glasses. And generally took a very long time to meet our needs. The chinook blt came out with no bacon and the lobster Mac n cheese had very little lobster for the price. Both dishes were great in spite of it. The rest of the party enjoyed there meals. Overall I would recommend chinook again but they just need to tighten up on a few things with training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 626 reviews are from the Chinook Tavern - Denver Tech Center reviews archive.
- Nice TimeFoodieCubsDined on 6/21/2014Good Appitizers, Great Deserts. Main Dishes seemed a bit over priced for what you got. Overall a good (not great) experience. We definatey will try the pub / pub menu again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.