2916 Hennepin Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chinolatino.com/
- Phone: 6128247878x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Tyge Nelson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join the Parasole Dining Club. It's free and more rewarding than ever! http://www.parasole.com/diningclub/
A word from Chino Latino
Serving street food from the hot zones in both small and large portions for sharing, Chino Latino ignites fireworks of flavor in Uptown's most spectacular bar and distinctive dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chino Latino - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Chino Latino reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (166)hot spot (147)special occasion (143)vibrant bar scene (124)fit for foodies (103)late-night find (74)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (33)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Great food, too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food was great and the wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. However, we went on a Saturday night and the place was so loud that we couldn't have a conversation. There is nothing in the restaurant to absorb sound (such as wood, carpet, or ceiling tile).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not all it's cracked up to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014food was just ok. very loud couldn't have a conversation with my husband.Special Features:
- Great Experience!BahrDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had never been here before. Overall we had a great time. One thing to note, there is no sign outside on the building so we drove by it a few times trying to find the restaurant. Once we were in, everyone was super nice and helpful. Our waitress was great. The portions are pretty big, even the small plates that are considered appetizers. The only downsize was that it was pretty loud in the restaurant. I think if you were at a larger table with a group you might have trouble hearing each other. We will be back.Special Features:
- girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Another excellent experience with friends at Chino, they are one of a kind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and DrinksTrip2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food and drinks ordered at my table were not good at all. We were on a business trip and none of our party was satisfied with the food or drinks. Service, well the waitress was a little ashamed and tried to compensate with, but we preferred to leave the restaurant.
- Great establishmentLauraGDined on 9/13/2014We came here to celebrate my birthday on a Saturday evening. We had reservations for 7:30 and were seated right away. Our waitress was great and the food was exceptional. We were really impressed with the breadth of the menu and serving sizes were huge. The queso fundido dip was phenomenal. My only complaint would be that the dirty martini I ordered was not dirty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy & complicated menuDonCDined on 9/11/2014We had reservations and were seated within a minute of arriving. Lively & noisy dining interferes with table conversation. Interesting food selections on complex-appearing and multiple menus. Our server was very helpful interpreting the sometimes-too-cute menu items and made good suggestions. Food was served hot and it was very tasty.Special Features:
- BigMikeDined on 9/6/2014I was there for my 50th Birthday. There was 10 of us all together. 1st time there for everyone. We all had a great time. you sat us right in front by the opening. best seats in the house. The Waitress was super nice and helpful. the drinks were fun. Thanks for everything.Special Features:
- Unique ExperienceresoundingyesDined on 8/30/2014Their menu is a hodgepodge of styles ranging from Asia to Africa to the Americas. Later on a Saturday night the place got a bit loud, but it was a fun atmosphere. The drink menu was impressive and had about a half dozen specialty drinks I haven't seen at other places. I'd go back.Special Features:
- We had an amazing server and foodJoanneDined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful time . The food, drinks and service was outstanding. We have been to the restaurant about 4 times and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBnh1Dined on 8/29/2014My experience at chino Latino was great! The food was amazing and our server was so friendly and helpful. I definitely plan on dining here again. Maybe next time with a bigger group.Special Features:
- Birthday at ChinosIloveYummyFoodDined on 8/29/2014Everything was great 😜 The food was delicious, the drinks were awesome!!! 👌 I found my new favorite 🎂🍸👏👏👏Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Fun menu, tasty food. Try the mussels and order some naan to soak up the extra broth. I'm still dreaming of them today. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely anniversary night!emmaalexDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I had a great meal here in a warm and cozy environment. Since they knew it was our anniversary, they put us in a quiet booth in the back of the dining room where it was candle-lit and private. The waiter was courteous and congratulated us. We had such a fun time trying new items from the menu. The frog legs actually ended up being our fave and the habanero poppers were crazy spicy and delicious. The fish tacos were very good, but only if you use the sauce provided which is very spicy. Without it the tacos are quite bland. The ring of fire sushi rolls-not great, but were taken off our bill voluntarily. Fire goddess sacrificial s'mores- delightful! Also we love sparklers in our food and drinks! Just fun for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of our waiter, but it is the second time we sat in his section and he is really great. He knew all about the menu, explained when our food would come out and he was correct; just great service all around. We had friends in from out of town and thought this would be an appropriate place to highlight the food scene in our neighborhood. I highly recommend this place if you are from out of town. They are vegetarians and we are not and everyone enjoyed their meals which doesn't always happen! The evidence was in the cleared plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good early Friday night dinnerjazzyDined on 8/22/2014We booked for our familly of 65 adults and we met in the bar, which was very fun and lively. Happy Hour was only available in the bar and not at our dinner table - which was too bad since HH was going on for another hour. Food was very good with lots of variety. The waiter encouraged us to order more and I'm glad that we didn't. We had the Big Kahuna appetizer and two entrees for 5 people and we still took two food boxes to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu with mediocre servicehollyerDined on 8/21/2014Food was great. Drinks were inconsistent. I went for my boyfriends birthday and we each ordered 2 of the same drink and all four were not the same. I enjoy going out for drinks and strong drinks are good value but the drink we ordered were very strong to the point they we not enjoyable to drink or i could not taste the liqour at all. Service was okay. Nothing special. Getting the check took in my opinion far to long. The server was not bad we eventually did get everything we needed. However the service was not great and just slightly met my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect going away partyAudyGodwechDined on 8/20/2014It was my going away party, 10 people showed up and most of them had drinks, for food the black laab is one if my favorite, discovered an awesome desert: s'mores -- yes you have a REAL FIRE to prepare your s'mores... This is insanity! I love that place, the drinks are awesome! And the food is great too :-)! Oh also they put "Farewell Audrey" on the menus and gave them to me at the end!!! Such a great souvenir :-D!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a must tryDeliciousDined on 8/20/2014The service was great. Portions are large and family sized so we split a few different items. The drinks were fabulous and fun - something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service.WorstserviceDined on 8/19/2014The service was terrible. The waitress was rude and never checked in on us. She was with her friends at a different table the entire time. She even sat down with them. Such an embarrassment to your establishment.Special Features:
- Somthing extremely uniqueTylerDined on 8/19/2014Was very nice more expensive then your regular place but for the exotic foods and excellent service worth every penny was noisy but even for being busy excellent service fast and very hopping exciting placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChaoticMerryDined on 8/16/2014A chaotic, not eclectic, menu and unnecessarily lewd jokes on the menu and the T-shirts of the servers make this less than pleasant dining experience. Instead of being fun and interesting, as we had heard this place to be, it was distracting, impossible to converse at our table, and embarrassingly vulgar. And the food was simply not that good. The menu is so disordered as to be nearly impossible to decipher.Special Features:
- Super fun experienceKellyDined on 8/15/2014We loved it! Great unique food and truly the "experience" we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Loved the lighting and music. Fun drink list and wide variety of food options. Wouldn't come here for intimate conversation due to noise level but we were fine with it! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my faves!JenZ13Dined on 8/12/2014Always love going to Chino Latino! Food is always unique and delicious and I always take out of town guests there!Special Features:
- LOVE this restaurant.mlynnDined on 8/12/2014It was my second dining experience at Chino Latino, and it was just as great as my first. Our waitress went above and beyond with her service and gave excellent recommendations. It's the perfect place for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and serviceYodasgirlDined on 8/11/2014Love Chino Latinos! My husband and I frequently go there for date nights and anniversaries. Never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Racism At Its FINESTdisgustedwithbarserviceDined on 8/10/2014We had a group of 6 ppl all together. After finishing dinner around 11pm we walked over to the bar. At first we were taking a couple of pics, bartender says in a snooty voice "are you guys gonna order drinks or just take pics". I asked him to give us a second. I ordered my drink 1st then my other two friends ordered theirs. I noticed i didnt have a cherry in my drink but my friend ordered the same thing a received a cherry, so i asked "can i have a cherry?" he straight up says "NO". I'm like, "No?" then he goes "you have one. its at the bottom".... ummm okay? There was much more but I'm running out of space, but we told him he was being rude and he said "I KNOW". We were the only black customers so i label it as outright racism.Special Features:
- Chino LatinoeateateatDined on 8/10/2014Chino Latino is the best restaurant. I wish that we lived in Minneapolis so that we could eat there more. If you are questioning whether you should eat at Chino Latino... the answer is yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Fun place for ambiance and crowd. Service was good. Food was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/8/2014As always, great food, great ambience and excellent staff. We always enjoy going to Chino Latino!!!Special Features:
- Great place when you want to shareChipsandsalsaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Chino Latino is a great place to go when you have a group who likes to share small plates. Their small plates were very generous and every item we ordered was fabulous! Our server was very helpful in making suggestions and modifications for our order (due to food allergies). I would definitely reccomend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Exciting food experiencewonderfulDined on 8/2/2014Chino Latino has a wonderful menu, unique from any other. The food is amazing and displayed beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service bad foodfrenchie1Dined on 8/1/2014If you are looking for a loud, vibrant young crowd this is the place. The service was very good, and very fast our waitress very pleasant. The food reminded me of pig slop, especially the shrimp curry. Too bad.Special Features:
- loudats55403Dined on 8/1/2014Waiting staff was slow and the noise was off the chart's.Special Features:
- Loved it!TYBGDined on 8/1/2014I had my 18th birthday dinner there and it was fantastic. They had an awesome surprise that I didn't expect, but they wrote 'Happy Birthday Salina!!!' on the menu, and that was just very cool to me. The food was great, I loved the Chinatown Lo Mien, very delicious. One thing that I disliked was how dark and loud everything was. I could barley see where I was going, plus walking down the stairs to get to our table was very difficult to see, also didn't like how the bathrooms were set up. Overall, I had a good time. I would recommend it to people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and EnergeticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014A really fun place to go but make sure to reserve on a slower day. Very busy but still great service and awesome food.Special Features:
- TooLloudTCFoodieDined on 7/26/2014We went with an out of town group because we heard it was a fun hot spot - good to see and be seen. It was so loud we could not talk to each other and the menu was overwhelming. The waiter told us we could only share because the portions are so large (true) but it was even too loud to discuss what the group wanted, which was really their own food. We would have chosen a different restaurant if we had known in advance.
- Girls Night Outherka09Dined on 7/26/2014The food was ok. My food was over cooked and dry. The other girls weren't too crazy about their dishes either. I usually come here during happy hour and order off the happy hour menu. Almost every time I come the service has been extremely slow. We spent a total of 1 hour and 35-40 minutes here, most of the time just waiting. I would only recommend this place for late night dinners throughout the weekdays during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EQUEDined on 7/25/2014Cool spot. I would recommend it to others. Making a reservation is definitely the way to go.Special Features: