2916 Hennepin Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chinolatino.com/
- Phone: (612) 824-7878
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Tyge Nelson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Purchase Parasole Holiday Gift Cards, and boost your holiday spending power by 25% free. Available in any denomination, offered Nov 1 through Dec 24 and redeemable after Dec.25, 2014.
Purchase yours at parasole.com, by calling 1-866-541-4438 (GIFT), or at the restaurant.
A word from Chino Latino
Serving street food from the hot zones in both small and large portions for sharing, Chino Latino ignites fireworks of flavor in Uptown's most spectacular bar and distinctive dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chino Latino - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Chino Latino reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (168)hot spot (139)special occasion (123)fit for foodies (119)vibrant bar scene (102)late-night find (63)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (28)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)great for lunch (4)Show More
- Absolutely in love.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I brought my friends here for my 18th birthday and I have never had such amazing food and wonderful service. Or waiter was extremely helpful and friendly and the food literally had us all moaning at some point. I will definitely be coming back and highly recommend this place to anyone who loves ethnic food, people, the night life, and good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friendly AtmospherechefmyketalDined on 11/21/2014This is a great place for large groups of friends. It has a family style dining. The menu has a selection of great offerings from around the world. The whine list is great and there is a wonderful array of specialty cocktails to make your visit feel even more spectacular. The wait staff are friendly and willing to do anything they can to make sure you have a memorable experience. Chino Latino is amazing and I think that anyone looking for a place to bring a group of friends or family that they will never forget this is the best choice you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars!AnaKDined on 11/12/2014Great food! Amazing service! Hard to be disappointed with this place. Chino treated us like kings and our waitress Hannah was wonderful! Thanks again for making my moms bday special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Birthday Bash! Boom!HappyFoodieDined on 11/12/2014It was such an enjoyable evening! The food was delicious! The atmosphere was energetic! Our server was fantastic.. He made our whole night!! Attentive, good recommendations and so funny!! I wish more people in the service industry were as fantastic as he was. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer - fun!KelseyDined on 11/9/2014The menu is different, but really good! Most of the plates you share, so make sure to bring a family/friend of which you have a similar palate. The service was great. The atmosphere is very Uptown stereotypical. The drinks are on the higher end, for price, but the rest of the menu is worth the prices. I had their house margarita... not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot our ordered foodJamesVIPDined on 11/8/2014We went there before a concert. The service was slow and they forgot one of the appetizers. They removed it from the bill but really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place yo go with friendsegleyeDined on 11/7/2014Went here for my birthday dinner. They personalized the menu to say "happy 22nd birthday" which was cool! The waitress helped us decide what to order and was very good about splitting the bill at the end!Special Features:
- False-advertisingkelseymarieDined on 11/6/2014I brought a group from my company to Chino Latino for a business dinner. I was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and saw the billboards around town saying that Chino Latino catered to the gluten-sensitive. I was very excited! I loved eating at Chino Latino in the past and was so happy to hear they had a separate menu for those who needed to avoid gluten. I spoke to our server, who was very nice, and let him know my situation. He said that they couldn't guarantee anything on the menu was gluten-free. What about the menu? He said that there is nothing that is really safe for me except sushi without sauce. I asked for gluten free soy sauce. Nope. Didn't have that. False Advertising. Shame on you Chino Latino.
- Good ServicePeleKoolAidDined on 11/2/2014The food was great and the server had great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicematanzerDined on 11/2/2014Our server was outstanding. He helped us understand the food and drink menu. He guided us to options based on the questions he asked and the answers we provided. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Food, FanfareOut2lunchDined on 11/1/2014Always a fun place to take out of town guests! Service was fantastic. Plantain nachos are always a good way to start. Tapas size dishes allow you to explore new tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My server was very friendly and came to our table often enough. Since I was there for my birthday they put sparklers in my pineapple drink and in my free dessert! They even printed "Happy Birthday Olivia" on all of our menus. It made it really fun and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome night with friendsJNCDDined on 10/31/2014It was a fun night. The nachos were delicious with the plantain chips. The pork crisis, mussels, and wings were great. Our waitress was one if the most pleasant persons I have met. Her attitude, personality and all-around on top of things made for a wonderful night. There were 7 of us and we had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChinoAvfd149Dined on 10/29/2014Once again, fantastic food and a wonderful experience. Great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun1961kDined on 10/25/2014Went for birthday with 12 people had good time if your not hungry go with small plates but if your normal hungry you need to order large not as much as they lead you on tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and entertainingchefmyketalDined on 10/24/2014Going to Chino Latino was a fun, energetic, entertaining experience. The menu is like taking a trip around the world with selections from almost every content. A worldly experience with a delightful atmosphere a+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun locationGingerDined on 10/17/2014Celebrated a birthday for my 17 year old. Wait staff was amazing and atmosphere was vibrant. We all had a great time. Be ready to spend a few extra dollars and make sure to try the fried snicker bar for dessert. Next time I will try the pineapple drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greaat food experience!Foodie4FunDined on 10/11/2014Awesome site, knowledgable and helpful staff, good vibe, great food experience. Only critique is upper and lower levels dramatically different feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th birthday dinnerCourtneyDined on 10/10/2014i felt that the waiter had got annoyed with us after being there and she wanted us to pay a 20 percent gratitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chino LatinoAwesomeDined on 10/6/2014With out question one of the best restaurants in Minneapolis. Food is off the charts, great bar scene, and the vibe inside the restaurants feels like you are in New York City.Special Features:
- Perfect for a PartyJacobDined on 10/4/2014I've gone to Chino Latino every year for the last many (ten or so?) years. It's a wonderful place for a group 10-12; the food is served family style so everyone can have little bites of a lot of different dishes. Of course, we all order our own drinks separately; some have mojitos made with real mint leaves, others have drinks served in actual pineapples. The loud music and many guests make the place bustling so not ideal for an intimate, Romantic dinner but rather a perfect place for a group to celebrate.Special Features:
- AwesomeDDDfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Consistently great food. This place is a "must visit" when in Twin Cities area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!BlockstarrDined on 10/1/2014The food was amazing, the drinks were amazing and the service was very attentive and fast! Chef Tyge was able to take a moment out of his busy role and pay us a personal visit. He did a great job of helping us pick out our small and large plates for our group and our server (Charles?) was so on the ball. Everything tasted so wonderful that we couldn't stop eating even though we were all so full. The only non-awesome factor was the noise- having a conversation across the table required yelling, but nothing could get us down as such great care was being taken to make sure my husband's birthday experience was nothing less than stellar.Special Features:
- great food & funColoradoWinemakerDined on 9/30/2014after 13 years since my last visit, I wasn't disappointed. Took my wife and friends to dinner for my wife's birthday, and really enjoyed the paella, lo mein & wine. Wonderful food, great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique gemReddReviewsDined on 9/27/2014Chino Latino is a uniuqe experiance with gourmet dishes served 'family style' and a modern, sophisticated yet laid back environment. Wait staff are prompt on service and the kitchen is quick to finish whatever delightfully original dish or in many cases dishes you order. It's never a problem to add to your order and the taste carnival will continually flow to the table. Each dish original, beautiful, delicious and somehow fun. Brilliant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Birthday Celebration!60isniftyDined on 9/27/2014Tyler was a FABULOUS waitron, very attentive. Loved the 'Happy 60th' notation at the bottom of the menu! Great surprise for the Birthday gal! Food for most part was excellent but a few of chicken skewers were raw. Also...downsize the serving platters! They take over the table & you could have smaller platters & still present the food well! Not fun when you don't have room for your OWN plate or drink glass! Noise level is ALWAYS off the charts but we knew this ahead of time. Great spot for a group gathering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place for Food SharingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Chino Latino's menu is meant for sharing. This makes it a good choice for small groups and families. Food is difficult to describe, but everything was good. We especially love the Queso Fundido with chorizo. There does not seem to be much in the way of good healthy veggie sides, which was a bit of a disappointment. All of the meat skewers were delicious. Wine options are almost non-existent and they serve it in little juice glasses rather than wine glasses. They specialize in all kinds of fun cocktails. Pretty dark place and difficult to read the menu, so bring your phone flashlight. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We love Chinos and took our teenagers who really liked it as well. Food is unique, but awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too loudcholulaDined on 9/20/2014The food was great and the wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. However, we went on a Saturday night and the place was so loud that we couldn't have a conversation. There is nothing in the restaurant to absorb sound (such as wood, carpet, or ceiling tile).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not all it's cracked up to beHipMomDined on 9/20/2014food was just ok. very loud couldn't have a conversation with my husband.Special Features:
- Fun but can't hear anything!!ChaChaDined on 9/20/2014So so loud, it ruined the experience. I think Chino Latinos is great, good food, fun atmosphere but I didn't enjoy my time because of the noise level. Waitress was also slow, didn't return quickly to the table to take drink orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!BahrDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had never been here before. Overall we had a great time. One thing to note, there is no sign outside on the building so we drove by it a few times trying to find the restaurant. Once we were in, everyone was super nice and helpful. Our waitress was great. The portions are pretty big, even the small plates that are considered appetizers. The only downsize was that it was pretty loud in the restaurant. I think if you were at a larger table with a group you might have trouble hearing each other. We will be back.Special Features:
- girls night outChann1Dined on 9/17/2014Another excellent experience with friends at Chino, they are one of a kind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and DrinksTrip2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food and drinks ordered at my table were not good at all. We were on a business trip and none of our party was satisfied with the food or drinks. Service, well the waitress was a little ashamed and tried to compensate with, but we preferred to leave the restaurant.
- Great establishmentLauraGDined on 9/13/2014We came here to celebrate my birthday on a Saturday evening. We had reservations for 7:30 and were seated right away. Our waitress was great and the food was exceptional. We were really impressed with the breadth of the menu and serving sizes were huge. The queso fundido dip was phenomenal. My only complaint would be that the dirty martini I ordered was not dirty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy & complicated menuDonCDined on 9/11/2014We had reservations and were seated within a minute of arriving. Lively & noisy dining interferes with table conversation. Interesting food selections on complex-appearing and multiple menus. Our server was very helpful interpreting the sometimes-too-cute menu items and made good suggestions. Food was served hot and it was very tasty.Special Features:
- BigMikeDined on 9/6/2014I was there for my 50th Birthday. There was 10 of us all together. 1st time there for everyone. We all had a great time. you sat us right in front by the opening. best seats in the house. The Waitress was super nice and helpful. the drinks were fun. Thanks for everything.Special Features:
- Unique ExperienceresoundingyesDined on 8/30/2014Their menu is a hodgepodge of styles ranging from Asia to Africa to the Americas. Later on a Saturday night the place got a bit loud, but it was a fun atmosphere. The drink menu was impressive and had about a half dozen specialty drinks I haven't seen at other places. I'd go back.Special Features:
- We had an amazing server and foodJoanneDined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful time . The food, drinks and service was outstanding. We have been to the restaurant about 4 times and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBnh1Dined on 8/29/2014My experience at chino Latino was great! The food was amazing and our server was so friendly and helpful. I definitely plan on dining here again. Maybe next time with a bigger group.Special Features: