2079 E. 4th
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
Downtown Cleveland / E. 4th Street
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chinatocleveland.com/
- Phone: 216-298-9080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 11:00am - 10:00pm Thursday-Friday 11:00am-12:00am, Saturday 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Zach Bruell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chinato has a beautiful, lower level dining space that can accommodate groups of all sizes and has a variety of seating options depending on style and needs of your particular group. This room has a beautiful private bar, as well as AV equipment. This space can be used for business meetings (AM or PM), rehearsal dinners, weddings, holiday parties, baby showers, intimate family gatherings or even a small cocktail party. We tailor your event to fit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Shannon Bizga 2162989080
- Special Events: Happy Hour @ the bar and in the lounge Monday - Saturday 4:30pm-6:30pm & 9:00pm-close
A word from Chinato
Chinato is a multi regional Italian restaurant focused on traditional, fresh Italian cuisine. Casual friendly and affordable, Chinato is a place where people can enjoy great food, wine, and spirits and experience superior service, all in a comfortable, and inviting atmosphere. Chinato is located on East 4th, in the heart of Cleveland’s premier dining and entertainment district!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chinato reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)special occasion (97)hot spot (60)neighborhood gem (57)romantic (56)notable wine list (53)great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (22)scenic view (16)late-night find (14)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great!ConnieDined on 10/17/2014Lots of vegetarian options, nice decor, delicious food. Had the arugula salad with the vegetable pasticcio and corn fusili. All were great! Got the appetizer sized portion for entree and it was plenty! Very reasonably priced. Would definitely return and try dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In town for 36 hours...DiningEnthusiastDined on 10/17/2014And this was the first place we ate - it was fantastic! LOVED the snail appetizer - not served in the traditional dish. Nice, rich, creamy and perfect for a cool fall evening. Really appreciated that the pasta dishes were available in two sizes. Prompt, attentive service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Second time to Chinato for lunch. Food has been very good both times. Service was excellent. Server was very attentive however both times I have been there for lunch the restaurant was not very crowded. Love the bread served with olive oil and sea salt. Hope to try this restaurant at dinner time.Special Features:
- Good food, Good ServiceanntcrandDined on 10/11/2014Wife and I had an early (5:15) reservation for an 8:00 show at Playhouse square. Parked at the theatre and walked to E4th. Note, this is about the limit to walking in moderate heels. It was a well rounded menu with an ample assortment of wines at all price levels. My wife had the pork chop that was roasted to perfection on the bone. I had the Italian sausage that had just the right flavor. They are an Italian restaurant in name, but their menu is very authentic. My appetizer consisted of a wild mushroom soup. Desert was a pistachio cheesecake. Both were outstanding. The service was impeccable as our server was polite, informative and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre~event DiningJulesDined on 10/10/2014Key location near The Q, Progressive Field and The Horeshoe! We were seated quickly, the service was excellent. The portion were wl sized but not overwhelming, tbe foid well prepared and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with sistersDebbiDined on 10/4/2014My husband treated my two sisters and I and it was amazing! Food was great, martini's wonderful and the service was perfect!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014Server was helpful in selecting a bottle of wine but it took a long time for it to arrive. Once we began our dinner, the 4 of us enjoyed a nice, leisurely pace. The walleye special was excellent, as was the braised beef. The charcuterie plate was outstanding with tasty and varied meats. A great appetizer for 4 people to share. Desserts were fair. The lemon polenta cake had a delicious flavor but was dense and very filling. Too much for one person.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and great foodSnmoVIPDined on 10/2/2014I went to Chinatown for lunch with a friend. We had a great experience the waiters were friendly and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- diverse menu optionsLuvlakemurrayVIPDined on 9/27/2014very lively and delicious! loved the ability to choose from so many dishes that rarely appears on other menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9740OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014Food and restaurant were very good. The server was disinterested in work this night. It was a distraction.Special Features:
- ACCobraDined on 9/20/2014Ate at a booth in the bar. Great view for people watching and seemed more quite than the dining room. The bread was disappointing, not warm. Burrata was not what I expected but quite good. Once I appreciated the corn fusilli was in broth and ate it like a soup it was wonderful. The vegan sausage was excellent even for a meat eater. The gnocchi were outstanding. I would definitely eat that when I return. The bar tender could have been more attentive but service was good. We were in and out in a little over an hour and in time to walk back to the theater.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealForrestFireDined on 9/19/2014Great food and service. No hassle. Everything delivered as promised or described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too rushed!LecmacDined on 9/19/2014Too rushed when you are looking to leisurely dine. Appetizer came within 3 minutes of ordering, followed immediately by main course. Food was very good however as a result we felt we were rushed in and out in less, than an hour from sitting down and paying bill. Almost felt like a fast food restaurant.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLorenDined on 9/17/2014I love this place- every time we are there we get great service and great food! The bartender Annie took care of us, and she was fabulous! I would recommend this place to anyone who visits E 4th street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Chinato!MelissaBVIPDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I recently visited Chinato for my birthday celebration. The food was delicious, our waitress was great and recommended our meal choices and wine, and you can't beat the location on East 4th.Special Features:
- Our Favorite E. 4thohiowineoVIPDined on 9/15/2014This has become our favorite restaurant in the E 4th Street area. Food preparation is always filled with flavors and appropriately seasoned. Service is very comfortable (attentive, but not overbearing).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was nothing special for the price. Overrated.
- Very SpecialtopeyedocVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have dined at Chinato many times. Whether as a couple or as part of a larger group the experience has been superior. The menu is highly original and inspired. The dishes are well executed. The service is impeccable. I can't fault them in any aspect of the dining experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerEverythinginModerationDined on 9/12/2014Chinato did not disappoint! Amazing food and service, complimentary champagne toast for our anniversary. Just lovely!Special Features:
- Reasonable Prices Exceptional Foodjoeski1965Dined on 9/12/2014The wife and I wanted dinner before the show what we got was better than the show! We walked into a beautifully decorated setting simply classic. We both ordered the shaved mushroom salad, delicious she then ordered the veal and I the Pork Osso Bucco again DELICIOUS my pork was so tender they served it with a steak knife that I did not use. Lastly we ordered the cherry tort with chocolate gelato and the chocolate mousse cake need I say Delicious one more time. Our server was very pleasant and helpful in choosing our dishes very well versed on the entire menu. Walked out under 100.00 for two complete exceptional tasting dinner experiences. Thank You Z. BruelleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!HappynightDined on 9/10/2014After reading OpenTable reviews and Yelp reviews we decided to have dinner at Chinato and are we glad. This restaurant was only two doors down from hotel so we had walked by it on a couple of occasions and figured it must be good because of how busy it was. Our server was great - very helpful and enthusiastic about the menu and wines. We actually wondered if she was related to the owner as she suggested we try his other restaurants. My husband had the Fish special which was halibut - I had the pasta with pork shoulder. All I can say is excellent. My husband loved the octopus salad and I had the special salad of the day - No room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner DelightGrazianoDined on 9/9/2014My loves birthday dinner was at Chinato's, a Cleveland hot spot and a Zack Bruell restaurant, she's wanted to try since we started dating in January. It was everything we thought it would be. Great atmosphere, wonderful tasting wine, outstanding service accompanied by great food. I was extremely impressed with the service & staff. The craft cocktails are fresh and delicious. Great draft & bottled beer selections too. My girlfriend ordered the lamb crespelle, she remarked it was the best lamb she ever tasted. I ordered the fettuccine carbonara, and I really enjoyed that is was a homemade fettuccine carbonara with pork! We have also been to Table 45, a Zack Bruell establishment, and it was equally amazing! Try both, we plan to return again!Special Features:
- Well done!CLEOAKDined on 9/8/2014My dinner of Halibut was really good. The star of the show was a mushroom salad I had to start! So good, with capers and lemon juice. Will be back for that dish again!Special Features:
- Not Impressedkentfood4Dined on 9/6/2014Unfortunately, my husband and I did not have a good food experience 9/6/14. I ordered the ravioli stuffed with duck confit and my husband ordered the gnocchi. Both were incredibly under seasoned and covered in shaved cheese that completely overwhelmed the dishes. The filling of my ravioi was luke warm while other diners around me had piping hot dishes. I also ordered one of their signature drinks...the Patio Palagrini and was also underwhelmed. You should never walk out of a restaurant thinking the bread that you dipped in oil was the highlight of the dinner. This was our first time going and our last. This restaurant has very good reviews so I am going to assume our experience was just a fluke!
- Great Experiencempowe39Dined on 9/2/2014Went here for a business dinner. Attentive and fast service. Dinner (Fluke with stewed artichoke, fennel, and tomatoes) was fantastic.Special Features:
- Chinato was fantastic!KadydogDined on 8/30/2014There were four of us and we were able to sit outside ---- great food and great people watching! My husband ordered octopus for the very first time and he said he would definitely order it again. My wing skate was delicious as was everyone's meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going BackDonGroteDined on 8/30/2014This is a Gem in the Cleveland Scene.Waiters are very Knowledgable with everything on menu. The Cheese tray was superior. Loved the Duck Ravioli. with everything on fourth street this is the go to spot.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceFoodieWithIssuesVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Chinato's before and have always enjoyed it. The menu is a little intimidating -- I know a lot about food but still did not know many of the words in the descriptions, but the server was very amenable to describing things. I had the pork osso buco and it was yummy, although just a tad salty for my taste. But, the restaurant was very busy with people going to all the downtown events and despite that, the service was exceptional and professional. I was very impressed. Chinato's food is inventive and tasty and very well-priced. It would be fun to have an outside table, but there isn't all that much seating out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014Dining al fresco at Chinato's was a perfect way to prepare for an Indians game on the busiest Saturday evening of the summer. East 4th Street was abuzz with people strolling, dining and enjoying the sights. With our advance notice via Open Tables, the staff was well prepared to serve my wife according to her dietary needs. With a slight modification, her veal breast was a delightful success, accompanied by a lovely wine selection. My scallops in a lobster sauce were fabulous. No rush, just a wonderful dinner before a Tribe victory. Thanks to Zach Bruell's wonderful kitchen and wait staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We were disappointed in our food choices. Quantity was small. Some odd tastes. Prices were high for the quantity of food.Special Features:
- great food but ripped seat and menuToMegDined on 8/22/2014We had wonderful meal but we still think of the ripped seat and dog earred menu. For the kind of money we shelled out, you'd think they'd reinvest in the facility.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGLisaVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were staying in Cleveland for one night & researched restaurants with available seating for dinner on OpenTable. Chinato got good reviews & we were in the mood for Italian food, plus it was walking distance from our hotel. The reviews described the food as "simple" Italian. LOL! This food was extraordinary, not simple at all! We ordered the tomato salad special, fried baby artichokes, and the muscles for appetizers & swordfish with olive tapanade, salmon with farro, & pork osso buco for dinner, & then a selection of cheeses for dessert. The complexity of the flavor combinations, the textures, & the colors were remarkable! Every bite was divine! Before I run out of room, I must sing praises for our waitress, Emily, who was magnificent!Special Features:
- Great cap off to the Tour De BruellJoelVIPDined on 8/21/2014We completed the Tour De Bruell with a visit to Chinato, and were impressed with the consistency of the high quality, inventiveness, service at all five restaurants. We rank Chinato number two, after L'Albatros, but it was a very close contest among all of them. Chinato had the best mussels, the tomato, mozzarella, arugula and red onion salad was perfect, and the entrees were superb. We usually opt out of dessert, but celebrated completion of the tour by sharing a cherry tart that was just right. And, to top it off, the manager came to our table to thank us for completing the tour and chatted with us for a few minutes. Zack Bruell's organization not only cooks well, but hires and trains their staff well.Special Features:
- Vegan eggplantMazz10VIPDined on 8/16/2014The vegan eggplant was delicious. This one of my favorite restaurants and it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We brought out-of-town guests.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We all loved it. The food was very good. The atmosphere felt good. Service was perfect. Had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I had the blackened cod and my husband had the swordfish and we were both very happy with our food and service. We sat outside and it is a little noisy outside on 4th st. If you want quiet you should eat inside.Special Features:
- clevedinerDined on 8/15/2014Pasta was excellent, as was the polenta/mushroom appetizer. The pizza was fair, wouldn't recommend it. Ask before you order a bottle of the house wine. It was $60 and nothing special. The service was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I had dinner before a concert. It was very busy and everything was great. Norenzo was our server and Jean was the GM. despite the crowd, everything was perfect. My wife had the gnocchi and I had the vegan eggplant. Both were excellent. Wine selection was quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-concert dinnernonameDined on 8/14/2014Group of 5 had reservations for 5:30pm prior to a concert at the Q. I totally recognize that these are busy periods for all of the restaurants on East 4th. Tthe service was good but there were a few missed opportunities. There appeared to be plenty of staff waiting/standing at service counter but they missed our empty glasses, bread and oil plate. Given that cocktails have such a high profit margin, empty glasses are a miss. Our group would have had at least one add'l cocktail apiece had someone asked. Service was genuine and kind but could have been more thorough. Salads were great. Entrees were lovely. I appreciate the appetizer sized pasta option so that folks can enjoy an appetizer and/or salad and share amongst friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok. not amazingEstroVIPDined on 8/12/2014I cannot say anything was bad. I just had better Italian food that's all. my lasagna was OK. not more. I've tasted my friend's pasta and wasn't overwhelmed. the service was good though... the food? just OK. not worth the price.Special Features: