2079 E. 4th
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
Downtown Cleveland / E. 4th Street
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chinatocleveland.com/
- Phone: (216) 298-9080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 11:00am - 10:00pm Thursday-Friday 11:00am-12:00am, Saturday 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Zach Bruell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chinato has a beautiful, lower level dining space that can accommodate groups of all sizes and has a variety of seating options depending on style and needs of your particular group. This room has a beautiful private bar, as well as AV equipment. This space can be used for business meetings (AM or PM), rehearsal dinners, weddings, holiday parties, baby showers, intimate family gatherings or even a small cocktail party. We tailor your event to fit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Shannon Bizga 2162989080
- Special Events: Happy Hour @ the bar and in the lounge Monday - Saturday 4:30pm-6:30pm & 9:00pm-close
A word from Chinato
Chinato is a multi regional Italian restaurant focused on traditional, fresh Italian cuisine. Casual friendly and affordable, Chinato is a place where people can enjoy great food, wine, and spirits and experience superior service, all in a comfortable, and inviting atmosphere. Chinato is located on East 4th, in the heart of Cleveland’s premier dining and entertainment district!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chinato reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)special occasion (82)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (52)hot spot (52)notable wine list (48)good for groups (32)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (19)late-night find (12)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great Braised BeefOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014Braised beef was one of the best things I've ever had. Arugula salad was good. Wine recommendation was very good. Great overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014The food was delicious, we had the lobster pasta special, and arugula salad The waiter described the special to perfection. I am a vegetarian so the no meat option with out a bunch of cheese was terrific. I couldn't have asked for a better Grey Goose martini. The ambiance is always pleasant. We sat in the bar in a booth, which was comfortable except the Cleveland cold coming from the windows. I am always chilly when sitting there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too cold by the door, food is good and uniqueguysDined on 11/15/2014The food and cocktails were well thought out and tasty. The food had an eye toward presentation. The server was nice but a bit slow. Took him about 10 mintues just to bring me a bottle of beer and there was a significant delay when getting our check. We were seated by the door and it was really cold by our seats. Overall I enjoyed it and would go back again when looking for a nice dinner. Definitely not sitting by the door though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WaiterExperiencedDinerDined on 11/10/2014Service here was impeccable. Best waiter ever. Food was a bit eclectic for my tastes but it was very good. Nice location for people watching. Red sauce was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodQueenbeeVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food was just average, many dishes came out very spicy, the restaurant was not busy for ansaturday night, and the service was somewhat haughty.n we won't be back, even though this was not our first time dining here.Special Features:
- GailGailDined on 11/6/2014Took our daughter for her birthday dinner. Food was excellent and we liked the choice of half portions on the pasta dishes.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMichaelDined on 10/28/2014Nicely designed with an interesting menu. Service was prompt and helpful and the food was delicious. There are many choices in this area but this is definitely one to try.Special Features:
- great food; poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/27/2014Food was excellent -- well prepared and delicious. Service was disappointing and certainly did not match the quality of the food. It took a long time for drinks to arrive and one drink arrived with a gnat in it. Salads and silverware were removed, but silverware was not replaced (has to steal it from table next door for entree). Had to order wine from secondary server. Coffee was not refilled as was promised. Bill arrived without a pen and took time to track down another secondary server to get a pen. In short, server was friendly but not give the kind of attention to guests expected. However, again, food was outstanding -- especially the carrot and olive salad.Special Features:
- Terrible food, no espressoDineforFunVIPDined on 10/27/2014The boring atmosphere of this pretending restaurant combined with over cooked pasta, a dead salad and unattentive service. Final surprise: espresso machine is not working!Special Features:
- Fio36Dined on 10/25/2014Absolutely loved the food. Great service and the guy was super busy. Only disappointment was we had a reservation and they sat us in the bar area which really took away from the ambiance for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrampedShaneDined on 10/25/2014Food and drinks were delicious. Only complaint is they cram too many tables in, we were about a foot away from the next table. Can't really have a private conversation.Special Features:
- Great vegan friendly findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The appetizer portioned pasta dishes are great for the kids (and asks if getting an app or dessert). Server was knowledgeable and friendly, and the food was delicious. As vegans we were not only happy with the variety of options, but the dishes rated excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014Chinato is always a good bet. If anyone is looking for a spot for dinner and is undecided this is a first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLoloDined on 10/18/2014The service and food was outstanding. My husband got the salmon that was to die for.i ordered the blackened cod that was cooked to perfection. This is a really great restaurant and the service we had was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!ConnieDined on 10/17/2014Lots of vegetarian options, nice decor, delicious food. Had the arugula salad with the vegetable pasticcio and corn fusili. All were great! Got the appetizer sized portion for entree and it was plenty! Very reasonably priced. Would definitely return and try dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In town for 36 hours...DiningEnthusiastDined on 10/17/2014And this was the first place we ate - it was fantastic! LOVED the snail appetizer - not served in the traditional dish. Nice, rich, creamy and perfect for a cool fall evening. Really appreciated that the pasta dishes were available in two sizes. Prompt, attentive service.Special Features:
- daisy64Dined on 10/16/2014Second time to Chinato for lunch. Food has been very good both times. Service was excellent. Server was very attentive however both times I have been there for lunch the restaurant was not very crowded. Love the bread served with olive oil and sea salt. Hope to try this restaurant at dinner time.Special Features:
- Good food, Good ServiceanntcrandDined on 10/11/2014Wife and I had an early (5:15) reservation for an 8:00 show at Playhouse square. Parked at the theatre and walked to E4th. Note, this is about the limit to walking in moderate heels. It was a well rounded menu with an ample assortment of wines at all price levels. My wife had the pork chop that was roasted to perfection on the bone. I had the Italian sausage that had just the right flavor. They are an Italian restaurant in name, but their menu is very authentic. My appetizer consisted of a wild mushroom soup. Desert was a pistachio cheesecake. Both were outstanding. The service was impeccable as our server was polite, informative and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre~event DiningJulesDined on 10/10/2014Key location near The Q, Progressive Field and The Horeshoe! We were seated quickly, the service was excellent. The portion were wl sized but not overwhelming, tbe foid well prepared and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with sistersDebbiDined on 10/4/2014My husband treated my two sisters and I and it was amazing! Food was great, martini's wonderful and the service was perfect!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014Server was helpful in selecting a bottle of wine but it took a long time for it to arrive. Once we began our dinner, the 4 of us enjoyed a nice, leisurely pace. The walleye special was excellent, as was the braised beef. The charcuterie plate was outstanding with tasty and varied meats. A great appetizer for 4 people to share. Desserts were fair. The lemon polenta cake had a delicious flavor but was dense and very filling. Too much for one person.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and great foodSnmoVIPDined on 10/2/2014I went to Chinatown for lunch with a friend. We had a great experience the waiters were friendly and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- diverse menu optionsLuvlakemurrayVIPDined on 9/27/2014very lively and delicious! loved the ability to choose from so many dishes that rarely appears on other menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9740OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014Food and restaurant were very good. The server was disinterested in work this night. It was a distraction.Special Features:
- ACCobraDined on 9/20/2014Ate at a booth in the bar. Great view for people watching and seemed more quite than the dining room. The bread was disappointing, not warm. Burrata was not what I expected but quite good. Once I appreciated the corn fusilli was in broth and ate it like a soup it was wonderful. The vegan sausage was excellent even for a meat eater. The gnocchi were outstanding. I would definitely eat that when I return. The bar tender could have been more attentive but service was good. We were in and out in a little over an hour and in time to walk back to the theater.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealForrestFireDined on 9/19/2014Great food and service. No hassle. Everything delivered as promised or described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too rushed!LecmacDined on 9/19/2014Too rushed when you are looking to leisurely dine. Appetizer came within 3 minutes of ordering, followed immediately by main course. Food was very good however as a result we felt we were rushed in and out in less, than an hour from sitting down and paying bill. Almost felt like a fast food restaurant.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLorenDined on 9/17/2014I love this place- every time we are there we get great service and great food! The bartender Annie took care of us, and she was fabulous! I would recommend this place to anyone who visits E 4th street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Chinato!MelissaBVIPDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I recently visited Chinato for my birthday celebration. The food was delicious, our waitress was great and recommended our meal choices and wine, and you can't beat the location on East 4th.Special Features:
- Our Favorite E. 4thohiowineoVIPDined on 9/15/2014This has become our favorite restaurant in the E 4th Street area. Food preparation is always filled with flavors and appropriately seasoned. Service is very comfortable (attentive, but not overbearing).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was nothing special for the price. Overrated.
- Very SpecialtopeyedocVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have dined at Chinato many times. Whether as a couple or as part of a larger group the experience has been superior. The menu is highly original and inspired. The dishes are well executed. The service is impeccable. I can't fault them in any aspect of the dining experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerEverythinginModerationDined on 9/12/2014Chinato did not disappoint! Amazing food and service, complimentary champagne toast for our anniversary. Just lovely!Special Features:
- Reasonable Prices Exceptional Foodjoeski1965Dined on 9/12/2014The wife and I wanted dinner before the show what we got was better than the show! We walked into a beautifully decorated setting simply classic. We both ordered the shaved mushroom salad, delicious she then ordered the veal and I the Pork Osso Bucco again DELICIOUS my pork was so tender they served it with a steak knife that I did not use. Lastly we ordered the cherry tort with chocolate gelato and the chocolate mousse cake need I say Delicious one more time. Our server was very pleasant and helpful in choosing our dishes very well versed on the entire menu. Walked out under 100.00 for two complete exceptional tasting dinner experiences. Thank You Z. BruelleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!HappynightDined on 9/10/2014After reading OpenTable reviews and Yelp reviews we decided to have dinner at Chinato and are we glad. This restaurant was only two doors down from hotel so we had walked by it on a couple of occasions and figured it must be good because of how busy it was. Our server was great - very helpful and enthusiastic about the menu and wines. We actually wondered if she was related to the owner as she suggested we try his other restaurants. My husband had the Fish special which was halibut - I had the pasta with pork shoulder. All I can say is excellent. My husband loved the octopus salad and I had the special salad of the day - No room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner DelightGrazianoDined on 9/9/2014My loves birthday dinner was at Chinato's, a Cleveland hot spot and a Zack Bruell restaurant, she's wanted to try since we started dating in January. It was everything we thought it would be. Great atmosphere, wonderful tasting wine, outstanding service accompanied by great food. I was extremely impressed with the service & staff. The craft cocktails are fresh and delicious. Great draft & bottled beer selections too. My girlfriend ordered the lamb crespelle, she remarked it was the best lamb she ever tasted. I ordered the fettuccine carbonara, and I really enjoyed that is was a homemade fettuccine carbonara with pork! We have also been to Table 45, a Zack Bruell establishment, and it was equally amazing! Try both, we plan to return again!Special Features:
- Well done!CLEOAKDined on 9/8/2014My dinner of Halibut was really good. The star of the show was a mushroom salad I had to start! So good, with capers and lemon juice. Will be back for that dish again!Special Features:
- Not Impressedkentfood4Dined on 9/6/2014Unfortunately, my husband and I did not have a good food experience 9/6/14. I ordered the ravioli stuffed with duck confit and my husband ordered the gnocchi. Both were incredibly under seasoned and covered in shaved cheese that completely overwhelmed the dishes. The filling of my ravioi was luke warm while other diners around me had piping hot dishes. I also ordered one of their signature drinks...the Patio Palagrini and was also underwhelmed. You should never walk out of a restaurant thinking the bread that you dipped in oil was the highlight of the dinner. This was our first time going and our last. This restaurant has very good reviews so I am going to assume our experience was just a fluke!
- Great Experiencempowe39Dined on 9/2/2014Went here for a business dinner. Attentive and fast service. Dinner (Fluke with stewed artichoke, fennel, and tomatoes) was fantastic.Special Features:
- Chinato was fantastic!KadydogDined on 8/30/2014There were four of us and we were able to sit outside ---- great food and great people watching! My husband ordered octopus for the very first time and he said he would definitely order it again. My wing skate was delicious as was everyone's meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.